THE COCONUT WIRELESS CHAT THREAD NO. 6

Virginia Beach, VA

Hello All,
Happy Thanks giving to all of you. I love the idea of making this thread alive!!!
Its cold here now but all my trop[cals are inside our sun room and DH keep it in right temperature.
I just had cataract surgery 6 days ago and I am so thrilled that i do not have to use contacts anymore.
I also want to report that I was going to have laser but opted against it. I use to do all of my surgeons cases before eye cases went to the out patient surgical unit. It was a very nice experience since I know most of the staff
. One good thing is I also did not chose to have an expensive lens.Some of my friends paid over 3 k for their procedure!!! No way!!!!
May you have a Blessed thanks giving day!!!

Belle

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

So happy that this over for you and the free advice that we who have not had this procedure yet that you provided. My optometrist keeps saying "you are not ready yet". No explanation just exactly what that means. I am 75 years old and he says my prescription is still "minimal". A blessing from God as my siblings were in glasses by 9 years old. Happy Thanksgiving, ole friend. I have sorely missed
DG...my own fault.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

PS. It is 10:45PM and it is 70degrees. Too hot.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Merry Christmas Everyone! I would love to see it start again! I miss all of you!

Everglades, FL(Zone 10a)

Good morning, Sylvain! It's very exciting to find you again! This is Carol. I moved back to the east coast about 3 years ago from the Everglades. My cancer just won't give up but I always conquer it, and wanted to be closer to my family. I made a little garden of Eden here in my humble yard and am REALLY getting into Plumeria. How are you doing? Tell your Dad hello also!

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Carol, you have D-mail.

Sylvain

Everglades, FL(Zone 10a)

Oh my gosh! I just found YOU again Sylvain! I am really gung ho into my plants now but am also in treatment due to severe pernicious anemia which besides takes up my time at transfusions, I have met a heck of a lot of wonderful people!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!

Virginia Beach, VA

Merry Christmas to you All!!!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi! Just dropped in to say "Hello". Hope everyone is well!

My hemoglobin is still going up and down. It is holding at 9.2 for two weeks now. I got an iron iv yesterday.

My Granddaughter is still living with us.

Please keep us in your prayers! Thanks!

Jeanne

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I hope your hemoglobin levels return to where the doctors would like it to be. My grandmother was chronically anemic. In those days, you ate Corn Flakes, beef liver, and various other iron-rich foods. Iron supplements were available, of course. But I remember the pharmacist telling me that like vitamin C, the body can't store iron, so it has to constantly be replenished one way or another.

An interesting experiment: if you have Corn Flakes in the house, crush about 1 tablespoon of Corn Flakes with a spoon on a cutting board and place a fridge magnet in the dust. Remove the magnet and inspect it. Iron particles will stick to the magnet. But, I believe that iron is not directly absorbed by the body during the digestion process.

Positive vibes coming your way.
Sylvain.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks! I need to get some vitamin C. I'm out.
Hope everyone is well!
Jeanne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.