THE COCONUT WIRELESS CHAT THREAD NO. 6

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Happy Thanksgiving!!

KINGSHILL, VI(Zone 14)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Late----

I think I'm back here, some. Used to yakk a lot, I recognize some names. I don't remember my old name here. hum. I live in St. Croix, in the United States Virgin Islands. I went to the cubits then Dave's other place with the Adenium mob. I still grow Adeniums, but I don't have a sunny yard right now, so no blooms, booo.

Oh, someone got insulted on All Things Plants, and they kicked me out with no reason why, no butbutbut from me, and I hear many said they hadn't been insulted, and missed me there. Owell! I do have an odd sense of humor sometimes. But I never mean to offend, or rather, if I do, everyone knows it!

I'm stumbling around now trying to get started on a sprouts and micro greens business. I have sunflower, Daikon radish, fenugreek, broccoli, okra, and cowpeas coming along. Would "Greens" be a good, versatile company name? I plan to sell directly to chefs in some of the many small restaurants here.

Cheers,

Melissa

This message was edited Dec 3, 2015 2:40 PM

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi, everyone.

Melissa, welcome back. Now you got me dreaming: the U.S.V.I., St. Thomas, St. John and St.Croix. Being French, I insist on calling that last one Sainte-Crwa instead of saying something like St.Croy. That's just me. The people who live there know how to callit: home. Been there, loved it, had to go back home. I have to guess I have an insular personnality.

I love sprouting mung beans. I never attempted micro greens. For a company name, why not add the Greek letter Mu in front of Greens. Mu looks like an italicized lowercase u. The letter Mu is the scientific symbol for all things micro. So, it would become uGreens on the logo, pronounced microGreens. Just a thought.

Take care, everyone.
Sylvain.

This message was edited Dec 3, 2015 3:35 PM

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't know where the time goes.The more I try to slow down, the busier I get. I think about all of you often but how can you know that if I don't tell you.

KINGSHILL, VI(Zone 14)

I know what you mean, LouC!! Mama said "The years go by like minutes" when she was 86.

Thanks, Sylvain! Tho' I want something very simple that cannot confuse anyone.

I thought of a Tshirt--- "Enjoix St. Croy" But nobody got it.

We here on the Big Island live quietly and generally peacefully, un-rushed. STT and STJ are crammed with cruise ship people by the thousands, the roads are packed with traffic. Just not nice at all. We even have a four lane highway! Tho' you have to stop for red lights every few miles.

Photo is a shaggy lot that I'd love to own, the view is of a shallow bay that is the most mesmerizing shade of pure turquoise blue.

Thumbnail by adeniumgrower
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi everyone!
That picture is beautiful! Very tranquil! Welcome back Melissa!

Yes, big sigh looking at that ocean. I need a holiday badly. In the song, Danny boy heard the pipes a-calling. For me, it's a cruise ship that is calling. I just can't leave my wife alone while I go cruising. Maybe in 2016... Who knows?

Sylvain

Love that pic!!

Been busy here dealing with puppies by 2 different friends. Picked up 3 for one the other day. That was a fun day until they decided they liked my hair. LOL.

Now I'm having to prepare for the return of winter next week and have my cold weather gear ready to go.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

For me it is going to eat at the Lighthouse Buffet down at the Kema Boardwalk. We sat and watched the boats come and go. It was so nice!

The food was very good. The brisket was so tender and the bass and shrimp was so yummy!

We even made it home before it got too dark. (We can't see to drive in the dark....)

It was a great afternoon out!

Hope y'all get your relaxing time! Have a great weekend!

Jeanne

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Virginia Beach, VA

Merry Christmas to everyone!!! Wishing you a Healthy and Peaceful 2016
We are in Alabama with our Children

Belle

Merry Christmas!! Hope everyone is enjoying a great Christmas dinner!

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Sylvain.

Thumbnail by lourspolaire
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Where did everyone go???? Miss you!!!!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Hibernation. ;-) Actually not sure why this popped up in my watched thread, but it did.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you for replying! Hope you are doing well. Have a great day!

I'm still around. Been busy with trying to get stuff taken care of with my truck, housework and just work in general. Starting to get spring fever too. I think my orchid is too because it's working on buds now. lol

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Good to hear from you! I agree with your orchid! I am ready for spring also! We've had some jasmine in bloom!

Please post a picture when it blooms!

Hugs!

I have four orchids, keeping them in the FL room for now, but did notice one starting a flower stalk.
Finally the rain has ended here, we had so much rain the past few days, It will be nice to see the sun again. They say next week we may hit 80 for a day or two before next cold front.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

It was really nice out today..... In the 70's. I had to switch the AC on....that reminds me I may have to switch it back to the heat.

We are supposed to have a cold front on Tues I think.

Have a great day!

It is the same here in Central FL, one day AC the next heat. LOL

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

That is the way it is here also this week! It is supposed to rain tomorrow. We sure do need it.

Hope everyone is well!

Heat, air conditioning, on or off, turn one off and the other one on, turn one on and the other off; that's the way it has been here for the last three weeks. We seem to be stuck in an endless Goldilocks loop. Too warm during the day to do without the air conditioner, so off with the heat and on with the AC. Then, it's cooling down badly now that the sun has set and the weatherman is predicting a cool night. Off with the AC and let's make sure the heat kicks in when it has cooled down sufficiently in here. Wake up at 4AM drenched in sweat. Oy Veh, Brenda! It's like a sauna in here, so off with the heat. Managing the house`s internal temperature is almost a full time job in itself. So, I let Gail worry about it. I have other things to do. I'll be glad when the AC is on 24/7.

This has been a coolish Winter with wind, wind and more wind, quite a few cold fronts, the jetstream wandering in strange places, El Nino doing its spoiled brat thing and shark migrations affected by warmer than usual sea water. Just the other night, Al Roker showed a weather system over Alaska that would influence the weather all the way to Florida this week. Oh give us a break, uncle Al. Say it ain't so. The tourists often leave disappointed with this Winter, but they still flock to the pool and the beach no matter how cool it is outside. If there is a beam of sunlight, they'll try to get into it. They'll brave and withstand cool weather to bring back a bit of a suntan with them and make those back home who didn't get away to the sun look anemic. They derive great pleasure from that, I think. Such is the way with polar people. I just want my Florida warmth back.

Take care, everyone.
Sylvain.

So far we've not turned on the AC since Christmas day. Here in central FL the days haven't gotten up more than lower to mid 70's, nights mid to upper 50's, and many days never get out of the 60's. Those are my favorite temperatures. It does seem we've had a much longer cool spell than normal here this winter. I did hear the AC going at neighbors the past couple days since we got a bit above mid 70's. But we are always the last ones to ever break down and turn on our AC. We have a wonderful breeze here most days and our house is old and built with nice large windows that provide good cross breeze, plus we have lots of huge shade trees.

Next two days they say up to 80, but then end of week nights back down to low 40's, I don't like that, plants are budding out new growth.

Virginia Beach, VA

Lucky!! Im jealous!! We are cold here!!!LOL!!!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Been busy over winter, tore out old deck and installed faux wood - synthetic. Love it.
Also painted the house.

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Been busy over winter, tore out old deck and installed faux wood - synthetic. Love it.
Also painted the house.

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Also painted the house.

Very nice, very nice.

I am quite handy myself, but I won't have anything to do with paint and brushes. Painting stresses me no end. When I go to Home Depot, I purposely avoid the paint aisle because just being in there causes my blood sugar to plummet. When they show an ad about a happy couple who purchase paint and what a good time they have applying it, I wonder what it is that I am doing wrong.

Sylvain.

Sylvain, painting isn't for everyone. I don't mind it so much but I know a lot of people who avoid it at all costs. I avoid using a drill to drill a screw into wood. I truly am terrible at that. But I can easily pull the screw out with the drill. I drive my coworkers nuts with that but I just shrug and give the drill back. lol

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Both deck and house looks great! Love it! You are quite the artist and Exterior Designer! Wow!

Can't wait to see the garden! It is so beautiful! Do you still have your Papaya tree?

Wow, how nice, bet you're enjoying relaxing on that deck, so nice and crispy clean looking.. Faux wood sounds like a good idea here in FL, since rain does in real wood no matter how much you put protective coating on it. Cushions have to be put inside or under a canopy due to all the rain and debris falling from the trees.

We're kind of hodge podge here, but have lots of sitting areas in the garden. I took all these one day last fall with my cell phone.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey guys, has anyone heard from Christi since October? Appreciate!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Make that December

I just checked my dmails and tried to see if she had done any recent posts but couldn't find anything. Also haven't seen her on ATP either. Hope she and Mike are ok and just hibernating.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi guys- I've started a DG alumni group on FB, for alumni and current https://www.facebook.com/groups/249374008743477/members to reconnect. Started a few days ago as a few of us were remarking on the lasting friendships made. It is a closed group, members added by request.
D'lumni
https://www.facebook.com/groups/249374008743477/

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Just a quick check-in. Goodness, how time flies. I'm getting older by the day and feeling it for sure. Hope all of you are doing well and I miss you dearly.

Princess Kilikina

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Christi! Hope you are doing well! I have missed you so much!

So glad to hear from you! How are you and the family?

Let us know how you are!
Jeanne

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I have been away too long. Facebook has become a cesspool. and I need a lot of friendly banter. Won't give all the details but my life has changed tremendously since our last visit. Not exactly for the good. Only learned this week, quite by accident, that Sharon Brown had passed away. What a huge loss to our world. I don't even know where to start mending fences and picking up with those of you that I love so dearly.

As always, tomorrow is another day.

Christi Lou

Princess, no fences to mend with me. This thread is still active. It will relive if people start posting to it. Glad to hear from you.

I quit Facebook 4 years ago, never looked back, never regretted it.

Sylvain.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.