Morning Glories 2015 #15

Mulberry, FL

Everyones flowers are awesome! Taters lol living hell isn't it lol we are getting to mid 80's but cool low 70's at night there is a GOD lol Happy fall to all!! This is solandra funny looking before it opens and then it does it turns a gold color after day of two flower lasts awhile. Its fall flowers :)

Thumbnail by Danasplants Thumbnail by Danasplants
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Love your cup of gold Dana.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

BEAUTIFUL, Dana ;D

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Dana, that is beautiful.

Debra, so glad your sis in law is fine. Well endometriosis is no fun but at least no cancer.
She still needs to be vigilant. I hope she stays caught up with all her check-ups.
Makes you wonder about that 1st Dr. I remember the scandel where Dr's were telling women they had cancer to get them to spend s lot of money for cancer treatment/meds they didn't need. I would love to hear his explanation for why he thought it was cancer,.

Me too, I texted her and she said it was exactly as I called it while I was up there.. I told her she was a smart girl for getting the second opinion. Very happy for her and her family and my hubby.

this morning I ventured outside, we are still a blooming..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful blooms Debra. Love the blues in the 1st pic. Do you have a name for pic # 3?
Lovely purps in 4 and 5

Debra, those are so pretty. I like the blues also.

Thanks, I I am pretty sure it is one of your seeds in that third pic Jackie, I planted only the 2012 seeds from you in that bean patch last planting. Those flying saucers are just not gonna stop anytime soon..

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Neat bloom Dana. I think this is the first time for me to see this unusual bloom!

Glad it turned out good for your sister in law Debra. Love your beautiful blooms! That was a site to see on your venture outside.

Nothing new for me except this Heritage rose!

Thumbnail by helenahkh

That rose is beautiful.

Debra, I have misplaced some of my notes telling me what sds I sent to who.
I know I sent you Pres Bush sds and it has made that type bloom b4. I used to'call it Pink Stardust because it looked like glitter on some of the pics A/Gourd sent. She was kindenough to share some of her sds with me.

thanks Helena, that is a wonderful rose, I bet it smells good too. Jackie, I will get the diary and packets out tonight, as I am off tommorrow, and I want to see what I planted where.. then we will know for sure..
Dana, I planted two of the seeds you sent me this past spring, did not get a sprout, gfound the packets in my "special friends" seed stash, I am going to try some under lights this winter and will keep you posted..
LK, are you ready to start some i nils? I have another packet ready for you to play with.
Helena are you ready for your carrion flower plant? I have one ready along with those special 4 o clocks and other special things, can I send them to you now?
you guys, my lion's tail is just now 5 ft tall and about to bloom, go figger..
the wild gaura I cut back again is in FULL bloom now!

Beautiful Pink Rose Helena.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Missed your post Debra while downloading pics. Off to try to get everything in my greenhouse b4 tonight's 42 degrees.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Love your beautiful blooms Jackie. Know you are going to be worn out getting your plants into the greenhouse.

Debra I have seeds ready for you too, but am waiting on the white split petals, and the other all pink split petal purpureas seeds to mature before I can send them to you. If you like you can send me what you have. I really loved your 4 o'clocks.
Hope you still get to enjoy another day of your blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms ladies.
Debra, can you include some lions tail seeds please?

Just wanted to let you all know that my ex just passed. He is not suffering anymore. Thanks for all the support and prayers.

Mulberry, FL

Thanks here it is today nice gold color and another vine thats blooming don't know the name. I bought it on ebay was supposed to be white sandpaper vine but its not They bought start in Oct. to bloom.

Thumbnail by Danasplants Thumbnail by Danasplants

Dana that white flower vine sure looks like a Bahaunia,,, what ever it is it is beautiful. So is your solandra. I gave my golden chalice vine to a fellow gardener here in Kansas, he lives in Wichita and has a nice garden room, he said it is really going to town.
Jackie those purples are to die for. I hope you get everything done without wearing yourself out. Helena I sat and made up packets of seeds all night tonight, I will be sending yours Monday.
I can wait for any seeds to me, please. I won't bestarting any until after Christmas right now.. still trying to get the basement garden figured out.
Linda, I am so sorry for you and your son's loss, I will continue to pray for you, as you know how much I care for you.

I will be sending you some seeds to play with over the winter and take your mind off of things.

Look at my grandcat, Oona, she stayed the night in the "spare room" and she is so pretty..

Thumbnail by joeswife

Jackie, as Promised, I looked at my seeds I planted from you..:
silver shadows, (2012)lite blue tye dye,(2013)purple george strait,(2012)hattie bell,( 2010)
bLUSHING BRIDE ( 2013)cocoa cholate ( 2013),my unknown xiongs? ( 2014),Blue blizzard, (2014),Hatsu Arashi( 2014), Xiongs not ( 2014), saz lav ( 2014), and Kokhan ( 2014)

all of them have shown, I missed a few while I was on vacation, but I am happy that I had them when I saw them. Thank you!
just a repeat of these I have shown, see if you can tell which is which ..I will post more tomorrow.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Your passion vine is a beauty Helena, I am tired but DGS and I got 90% of my plants
back in the greenhouse.
Dana, love your pretty white blooming vine and your cup of gold/Chalice vine

Debra, all lovely blooms # 4 could be/must be Silver Shadows, # 5 is Lite blue TDye
# 2 is your beautiful Pink Unknown. No idea on # 1 unless its Azuremores blue with Lite Pink
I wonder if your # 3 is a form of Cocoa choc. Look at what I got from those sds this season, the beautiful unknown, Oops can't send a pic with IE.
The pink bloom you had a few days ago that I thought might be Pink George Strait was
probably Hattie Bell.
Pretty kitty Debra, sweet little face

Linda, so sorry to hear about your ex.

Beautiful blooms Debra. Love the kitty too.

Mulberry, FL

Hi debra good guess but i found the name of that vine Clerodendrum Nutans lol not big on names here just love the flowers

Dana, I thought your blooms were shaped like the Clero I used to have. A big, giant shrub with 2 toned blue flowers. Had to look it up, Clerodendron ugandense. It starts out looking very sweet and fragile. Next thing you know its 6 feet tall and 6 feet wide and begging for an ever bigger pot. lol. A Jack and the Bean stalk plant for sure but wish I still had mine,

Would any of you like some pride of Barbados seeds? I have plenty of them

Mulberry, FL

Lol nope this is what i printed it grows in total shade mine has so many clusters of flowers too come . Yes it says it is a small shrub long shiny leaves. Very drought resistant I never pay any attention to it all year come fall it puts on a nice short show. A ginger think its Elizabeth.

Thumbnail by Danasplants

Oh that's gorgeous. It does look like Elizabeth.

Dana, that is beautiful.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Beautiful blooms Dana. Love your Clerodendrum Nutans. I have vines with the red and purple flowers but they bloom too close to frost and want to take over the area.

Glad you got most of the work done Jackie.

Sorry to hear about your ex Linda.

Love all your beautiful blooms Debra!!!

Mulberry, FL

If you and your friends don't mind I can post my flowers don't mean to hop on your spot lol. I am in the warmer climate

We love seeing your flowering plants/vines Dana. Serious zone envy here. :-)

We love seeing flowers in bloom.

Gautier, MS

I enjoy seeing your beautiful blooms too Dana. We share info here too, chat about our plants.
I have at least 2 different ginger plants but for some reason didn't bloom this year.

Helena,did your gingers bloom last yr? If they did then they should have bloomed this yr, Some gingers have to have more than 1 yr of consistent warm temps or they won't bloom.I tried and tried to get the variegated lvd Alpinia to bloom but never could. I don't want to have to work that hard at getting blooms.

We love looking at flower blooms that is for sure. My Gingers have never bloomed for me, but the ones I gave to my sis in law did. It was the white butterfly? anyway, Rose came over today and we sure did alot of work, and like you, Jackie, I am pooped. She got me three huge wago loads of some rich compost out of the pile, then filled in the holes stomped it down, raked it smooth and watered it for me, I got the electric trimmers out and she cut up the barberry bushes and I took all those clippings and spread them around the flower beds, pots and fence areas ( keeps the cats and squirrels out) I had to cut back the prickly pears, now I have a bucket of prickly pear pads ( yellow)

I had the clero unguanese, gave it to AuntB, then it grew big, then she let it die. I have the thunbergia elegans, ? and this clero speciosa and the vining clero, they are getting ready to bloom down in the basement. Only a few more brugs and orchids to get out from under the pear tree, it is going to be nice for another couple of weeks with no freeze here.

Debra, that is a lot of work!
Love your blooms!

Beautiful blooms Debra. Love the Thunbergia.
Glad you got a lot accomplished.
I wish now I had planted the giant Clero Ugandense
outside. It was such a rampant grower that I think if I mulched it well, it would have'survived the winter.
Emjoy your extended warm weather Debra.We have unusual warm weather here too.

Gautier, MS

Glad you got a lot done Debra. Beautiful blooms. I also have similar t your 2nd and 3rd blooms. Number one is still too young to bloom, almost lost it so hope I can keep it going over winter.
Really enjoyed your show of blooms.

Jackie, my gingers have bloomed previous years. It might be that they need more sun.

I wish the gingers weren't so iffy about blooming Helena, They are beautiful plants.
I have sun finally in the ghouse,The new roof lets the sun in and the plastic
we use to interline the ghouse for warmth isn;t blocking all of it. Anxious to see
if i get more winter blooms because of the better light.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are very pretty. I really like number three.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.