DAILY PICTURES # 111

Barling, AR(Zone 7b)

Weird weather in AR. Got cold in early Dec. then warmed up Jan 20th. A Southern Dogface Sulphur landed on a trumpet vine in the backyard on the 20th of Jan. On close inspection, it's the same one that I saw on first of Dec. nectaring Salvia. Wow, one tough butterfly.

Photo 1 was taken Dec.1
Photo 2 was taken Jan. 20

Thumbnail by C_A_Ivy Thumbnail by C_A_Ivy
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Some of them are tough , I have seen a Mourning cloak in February once That kind of observation does not happen often ,, Cheerful this time of year , that is

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Winter this year is somewhat "typical" for Alabama's weather; we had Ice storm in early Jan, warm back up in the 70'ish in middle of the month, then the cycle is to repeat this coming week. That is nothing unusual for us here.

To my surprise too, yesterday I saw a Sulphur from the backyard. Hi Ju, Ivy, I'm so glad to see your posting. Happy new year!!!

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

A BIG hi back to you Lily .Cheerful to see you and Ivy here Butterflies are cheerful and it will be months before I see them here
Lot 40 degree weather here suppose to be 62 degrees today

Barling, AR(Zone 7b)

Hi everyone since this thread is getting rather long, I've started a new one at http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1437529/ Please go to Daily Pictures 112 and join in for a great 2017 butterflying season. I had a great 2016 chasing flying flowers and will occasionally come out of hibernation and post some thoughts and images on the new thread. Springs rebirth will be soon.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.