September - the year is flying by!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Charlotte this is not sounding good. Do you think pneumonia has set in?

Ripley, MS

We are praying for y'all

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I hope not Jeri. I'm home now. I left around 9. I didn't want to be walking to my car by myself too late at night. I have to park in a parking deck. They gave him a breathing treatment about an hour before I left. He was running a temperature tonight. It was 101. He did seem to be resting better before I left. I will go back early tomorrow morning. He has eaten very little the last two days. He actually ate slightly more today than yesterday. Today he had half a milkshake, 1/4 of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a small cup of chocolate pudding.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

You have my prayers.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm back at the hospital. He is actually sleeping peaceable this morning. No talking or flailing. Not sure if they gave him something to sleep or not. They have switched to a different antibiotic.

Ripley, MS

Gunny had a reaction to an antibiotic once, so many years ago I can't remember the name of it. Mamma called me at work and asked me to come over to the hospital at lunch, she thought I was under the bed. She even got up and put her grape juice at the edge of the bed trying to get me to come out. It scared us all so bad thinking she was losing it. When Mamma told the doc about it he immediately changed her antibiotic and she was herself again pretty soon.
Hopefully the new antibiotic they gave Richard will get rid of his fever and her him more like Richard again !!
I hope you got a little rest Charlotte

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

He does seem much better today. Turned out he does have a UTI. They are giving him two antibiotics. They brought him pancakes for breakfast and he ate both of them! That's definitely a good sign. They are also giving him a steroid for his lungs.

Ripley, MS

They should have listened to you to start with ! You know him best, glad he is better today

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yep! That's what I thought was wrong!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Glad that at least he is having a better day. Hard when you don't know what's gonna happen next.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

UTI's are tough and especially when he can't communicate his problems himself. And antibiotics to treat anything can be difficult. I think most doctors are conservative when it comes to antibiotics until one does not work and then they up the dosage. Especially these days.

I'm glad he's better and hope he gets to rehab soon. Hope you are better too Charlotte. Sounds like you need some rest from all this too.

Well, we are finally turning the corner into some decent fall weather. We actually saw the sun for a little while yesterday afternoon. Today is supposed to be clear and warmer and the rest of the week without rain. Yippee!!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Hope things are steadily improving with Richard.

Genna I saw Jess' picture on FB and she looked wonderful!!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Hello all .... Trying to catch up with everyone after a crazy hectic weekend! I'm sitting waiting for a dr appt in LR and apparently they are behind :( .... I'm so tired I may be sleeping by the time they get ready for me!

Charlotte, sorry to hear Richard got worse but hopefully now they are treating him for all his problem and he can go to rehab soon. I'm sure he is having a difficult time with the change in schedules and the different environment. Hope he gets the go home soon.

I didn't get home until about 11 on Friday night and had to be back in Arkadelphia by 9 on Saturday morning. Then we didn't get out of tunes until really late Saturday night and got home around 12:45..... I am wayyy to old to keep those late hours and I will be dragging all week probably! I may have to take a nap before I can drive home .... Wondered if I wasn't going to have to stop on the way here :( OBU won a close ballgame and the weather was great .

Elaine we could really use some of that rain ... It is bone dry at my house!

Sandra, glad to hear Jerry is about to start therapy on his shoulder... But sorry to hear he has lost so much use of his hand. Sounds like he needs to consult a wc knowledgable attorney.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Richard is getting better. They are still giving him two different antibiotics. They give him one through a drip and the other one they inject in the drip line. They are also still giving him an IV. They are also giving him a breathing treatment every day. His strength is getting better. PT got him up this afternoon and he managed to walk a little ways down the hall holding on to a walker and the PT holding on to him with a gait belt. This was the first time he has done more than very briefly stand at the side of the bed. He has also eaten good the last two days. It has been milkshakes and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but sure better than nothing.

I talked with the lady from the rehab today. I still don't know when they are going to move him there. Medicare red tape! I think they have assigned a social worker to him and she is supposed to also meet with me. Learning as I go how all this works as I go! The lady I talked with today did tell me that medicare will provide some home care for him after he leaves rehab. I'm sure it will not be much but I'm going to take whatever they offer.

Of course he really doesn't understand where he is or what is going on. They can't keep him straight in his bed. He is tall and he keeps scooting down in his bed and they have to keep pulling him back up again! He want leave his bedding alone either. But they are doing a good job keeping an eye on him.

It was really cool here this weekend. I actually took a light jacket with me to the hospital to wear when I walked to my car at night. It has warmed back up today. I think it's going to be back around 80 for the next several days.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I'm so glad that Yall had such a nice time Genna. That was a really pretty dress that Jessica picked out. Love the blue!!!

That is so good news for Richard. Yes the Medicare red tape gets longer by the day. I hope you find someone to help you cut your way through it.

I've just about got my yard cleaned up. Just have 50 bags of mulch to freshen everything up. Just before it's too cold to enjoy it.

Ripley, MS

Quit bragging Jeri---LOL, I am glad someone has the yard work done !

Good news about Richard, Charlotte there is a program that pays a family member to take care of a sick family member. I have no idea where it comes from or what you need to qualify. You ask the social worker about that, while I know it sounds strange for you to get paid for taking care of your hubby, it will be extra money you can put toward someone being with him while you get out some.

Genna, did the ribbons on the girls corsages have any significance? Some looked like they had more than others. She is a beautiful young woman.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Needless to say my yard is a wreck!! Along with my house and everything else!!

I've heard about that program Sandra but I don't think he will qualify. However, I'm checking into everything. I hope they get him moved today into rehab. They don't tell you this stuff but I think the walking him down the hall yesterday was part of their test to see if they thought he would cooperate. I haven't had to do anything with Medicare. His doctor ordered him sent to rehab and then physical therapy at the hospital gave me some choices of where he could go and they made the contact with rehab. After standing in the hospital for 3 nights he is eligible for 100 days of skilled care through Medicare. Not saying he will stay there that long just that it will be paid for if necessary. He has a very good supplement that will pick up the copay that Medicare doesn't take care of. I don't know how the social worker got involved???? Don't know who she is?? The good thing about his doctor is he is an elder care doctor. I also learned from the lady yesterday that he also does work at one of the hospice facilities. So he should know how to handle things with Medicare.

Yes Genna, Jessie did look very pretty. I liked her dress.

Genna, Jessica looked beautiful. That dress was perfect. I know you are exhausted. I couldn't possibly keep up.

Jeri, I wish I had some of those bags of straw mulch! I need to get busy and add some to mine but don't know when I'll get to it. I also need to replace a couple of shrubs that died over the summer. And probably a few other things I can think of like moving things, but who knows if I'll get to those or not.

Charlotte, it sounds like Richard is getting very good care. I can't even begin to figure out Medicare but it's sounding pretty good. I don't know why the social worker would be involved unless it's hospital protocol because of his Alzheimers and they want to make sure he's taken care of at home and that there is no elder abuse. Who knows? They can get suspicious of the least little thing, but it's probably CYA.

Ripley, MS

You will probably meet the social service person before you leave. Make good friends with them so you can "pick their brain" even after you leave the hospital if you need some information! My sisters best friend has had a really hard time with her husband for the last several months. He had heart surgery a few weeks ago and he had to go to rehab. He has been in and out of the hospital and rehab for most of this year. I think it is probably an elder issue why you got assigned a social service person. They know it is a lot harder for the elder to snap back than a young person after an illness. Also they use those rehabs to kick you out of the hospital as soon as possible. They sent this man to rehab way to quickly after his heart surgery and he had to go back to the hospital.
We got our flu shots yesterday after Jerry's PT. I drove him just in case he needed a pain pill when he finished, he said they didn't hurt him at all.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I've found a place near here that has clean pine straw in bags for $5.50 a bag with no delivery charge and they deliver the next day. I feel like I have found pine straw heaven!! The cheapest I could find it before was $6.85 a bag and being a MG I got a 20% discount but then there was a $35.00 deliver charge. I use about 300 bags a year. CRAZY!!!

So very glad that Richard is doing better. My grandmother didn't have Alzheimers but she got hard of hearing and when they would give her blood she would be able to hear a pin drop. I have Long Term Care Insurance that will pay someone to take care of Jim & I when we need it but I didn't know there was anything else that did that. I agree that you need to get to know social worker well. They have patient advocates here and they are a lot of help with Medicare and Medicaid assistants.

I need to get my flu shot before I catch something. Really don't need the flu.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Medicare only pays for rehap/skilled facility for up to 100 days. However he he were released from rehap and went back home and then latter was hospitalized again for at least 3 nights he would be qualified 100 days again.

Jeri I wish we had bought long term care! We don't gave it. He does have some kind of coverage as part of an annuity. I've been trying to wait as long as possible to activate it. Don't really want the annuity to start paying yet. I do need to find out more about what it will cover.

He is really out of it this morning. Talking awa about stuff I have no idea what heist talking about.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Terrie sold us the policy. I think it was the only one she ever sold and I laughingly tell her it's b/c she didn't want to take care of us.

Have you seen his Dr. yet today? Poor thing!!! He's probably so confused!!! You never did say or I missed how your leg was doing. I'm sure all that walking at the hospital probably isn't helping it either.

Just watching the flooding in SC on the news. Prayers needed for these families!!! So very sad!!!

Ripley, MS

Is Richard still running fever? Yes we want all the details, Charlotte, tell us how YOU are feeling with all this going on.

Jeri I went out to try and do some more cleaning on my beds this morning and I worked for a couple of hours and gave up and turned the water hose on it ! The ground is so dry here I can't get anything to break the ground to get the grass roots. Where I am working right now is just covered in grass, has not been touched since spring of 2014, so it is bad. I am hoping I can dig some of it out if I give it a good soaking. I am raking a few pine needles while I let the water run the sun has hit there and it is hot now. I love a beautiful fall day like today.

Yes, I really am sad for the people in South Carolina. We were just in Greenville a few weeks ago for a wedding (my cousin's daughter). Another cousin lives in Myrtle Beach and I just found out yesterday she is fine. Not sure about her shop. She co-owns an art shop near the beach, but I'm glad she's ok. My cousins in Greenville & their families are all ok. They had just under 7" of rain. That's still a lot of rain. One of those killed was from Greenville originally and a HS classmate of my 2nd cousin (the one who got married).

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

We're dry here too!! Have you tried Grass B Gone, Sandra. When it gets too bad I just spray it and it kills the grass but not my plants. I spray my monkey grass with it to get rid of that wire grass that some how has gotten mixed in it.

Just awful, Elaine!!! I'm glad your cousin is OK but there are so many that have been effected by all that rain. It's bad to say but we're kinda use to it here. Some from Baton Rouge are going to help with the clean up or whatever needs to be done. It seems after something like this happens that your brain is in shock and just won't work right. They certainly are in need of our prayers!!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Just sitting here waiting for them to get al the paper work done! No one can just call someone direct. It has to go through all these case managers!!! They are going to transport him by ambulance.
He had a fever a couple of times but they were able to get it down without any problem. They are still giving him antibiotics by IV and will continue it in rehap.
My leg is better but not totally well. Last night was the first night I could sleep on my side like I normally do instead of flat on my back on a huge hot water pad. It is a pad I bought probably 15 years ago and I couldn't do without it. It's a Formetek sold by a company in Lake Village, Ar. They come in a number of sizes. I have 2 of the really large ones. The material is Avery heavy duty clear plastic looking. Whatever it is really holds heat. I can fill it with really warm/hot water when I go to bed and when I get up the next morning it is still warm.
I know I have a nerve pinched somewhere. It actually feels better the more I walk. It is sitting that brothers me most. It will eventually clear up. I had a doctors appointment for a check up when this started. He had an X-ray done and I have a follow up with him tomorrow . I am going to get it checked out. I've had nerve problems for years. May just be something I need to live with. I get nerves out of whack in my arm (kind I'd like carpal tunnel) but this time it's my leg.
The lady just called from rehab while I was typing this. She is coming up here for me to fill out the paperwork. I'm guessing it's going to be 5:00 or so before they get him transported! So it's sit and wait!
I'm ready for a day I don't need to get up at the crack of dawn! Hopefully I want have to spend as much time with him at rehab and maybe I can get some things done!

Ripley, MS

Jeri, I have zoysia grass and I can spray it but the roots are still a tangled mess even when the grass is dead. I just have to dig it out. I am making a wider border this time so maybe it won't be as hard to keep it out !
I played out for the day and have come inside!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

It was 6:45 before the ambulance picked richard up. So it was after dark before we got to the rehab center. He had been agitated all afternoon but had actually settled down before I left. Of course he has no idea where he is or what is going on. Not sure how I feel about the facility. I'll figure all that tomorrow. They don't want me to come back until after lunch tomorrow so I'm going to sleep in tomorrow morning. What a day!!!!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Get some rest my friend!!! Prayers that things are a little more normal tomorrow.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Charlotte, hope that you like the facility that they moved him to. I think a lot of hospitals assign patient advocates or social workers to anyone who is going to be in the hospital very long - particularly if it is something that will be ongoing or require rehab, etc to overcome. Alex had one assigned to him in children's years ago when he was burned. They told us it was to make sure nothing fell between the cracks and that we had help with whatever we needed. The social worker also worked with the kids who visited him to let them know what to expect when they went in to see him - and talked to them after they came out to try to prevent them from being so traumatized by the visit. They are an excellent source of info for the many questions that can come up. Hope you are able to get some much needed rest, and that you are happy with the facility that Richard has been moved to! Let us know what you find out on your follow up with your doctor. Although, it will probably take an MRI to see what is really going on.

Sandra, I can totally relate............. I did some cleaning last Friday in my pitiful foundation bed. My plan in the spring was to keep everything under control so that this fall I could tackle those 2 beds that I have let completely go for the past 2 years............ not sure that is going to happen. :( I had to spray the bed with the water hose as I went to be able to pull anything. I am trying to get it all cleaned up because I want to plant a bunch of daffodils along the border for spring - we will see if I manage to get that done! Seems like there is always something else that someone wants done or somewhere I need to be - and I can't accomplish what I need to at home and I know these nice days won't last long! :(

Thanks for the compliments on Jessica's dress. She really struggled with 'which' dress. We had ordered several the weekend before - and she liked that one, a black one with a nice neckline with loops in it, and a navy sheath dress with an unusual neckline. Ultimately, it came down to the fact that Kyle liked this one the best ...LOL.....and that's who opinion she trusts! :) I liked all 3 so it didn't really matter to me. I would have probably opted for the black, but then I was glad we didn't because several had on black. Sandra, the ribbons didn't have any significance. They should have all been exactly the same- although the wind was blowing so much that some might have appeared more spread out or larger than the others at that particular moment the picture was snapped. In years past, when they allowed all the nominees to walk, each coursage had one ribbon with the group's name that they were representing. This year they didn't do that....... not sure if it was to save money, or if the florist who did them didn't want only one weeks notice as to which groups rep was in the 20 that would walk.................. but I did notice in the photos that they drastically reduced the size of the crown this year! Of course, last year they had 47 or 49 girls that represented different groups at $75 each. This year, they only requested the 75.00 from the 20 that made the final walk so that drastically cut their funds. I suspect next year everyone will have to pay for their nominee like usual, even if they stick with the 20 walking option (not sure they will do that next year since it was because of the ballgame that they limited it). But, it was exciting to get to see her participate - and the two girls that she thought would be queen and first runner up didn't even make the final 5 so she was really surprised. She is still tired from the past several weeks of endless tunes practices - but she comes home this afternoon for fall break so she should get rested up this weekend. She interviews for pharmacy school next Friday, October 16...... then I think we are going to War Eagle......

My trip to the dr in LR was a TOTAL waste of time! 2 hr drive up there, 1.5 hrs waiting, and 2 hrs back....all to spend less than 5 min with the dr and be told that the polyp my PCP thought was there doesn't exist. :( I'm glad there wasn't a polyp but I was so exhausted from the weekend that I could have REALLY done without the trip to LR and back for no reason! Leigh has a colonoscopy scheduled for next Monday so I will be back up there then, but of course, I couldn't get the appointments on the same day! LOL I did get my flu shot yesterday here at work so that is one more thing marked off the list. Leigh couldn't make it at the time they had our flu shot clinic here at the plant, so they lady just left me a syringe with his shot in it for him.

Hope everyone has a great day! I wish I was home working in my yard! :)

Genna

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Went to the doctor this afternoon for a followup on my back issues. Turned out to be what I basically thought was the problem. I have degenerative disc issues. I have Grade 1 anterolisthesis on L4 and L5 and Mild retrolisthesis of L2 and L3. Also some other degenerative changes. So what it boils down to is what I thought. A nerve is being pinched. He wrote me a prescription for Gapaden (not spelled right). I told him I didn't want to take that. So he started writing me a prescription for Lyrica. I told him I didn't want to take that either! LOL I asked if a chiropractor could help. He said he might be able to help. So if it doesn't go away soon I'll go back to the chiropractor. I just don't like taking a bunch of drugs. I can deal with it without them right now. At least I know what's going on. I need to start really working on my posture.

Went out to see Richard around noon. I found him sitting in a wheelchair out in the common area by the nurses station. He was really confused (as I expected) and talked the whole time I was there but I understood very little of what he was saying. They were letting him push around where ever he wanted to go. He had therapy this morning. I hope he will settle in more after a few days. I know it is so confusing for him. It's confusing to me just visiting.

Ripley, MS

I am so sorry that Richard is confused, but don't you think he would be the same at home?
The doctors report is not the worst you could have gotten, but bad enough. I wish I could get off some of my meds too, I take 6 in the morning and 7 at night, I rattle when I walk !
I took Jerry to therapy today and then we drove on down the road to an eye appt for me. My lenses have clouded over, so I have to have the procedure to clean it off. They made the appointments for the next 2 Friday's, then the next Friday I will see the eye doc again to see if I am going to need new glasses, he said some do and some don't, just have to wait and see.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

So Sandra you're going to get your lens cleaned from your cataract surgery??

I take meds but what I take now mainly has to do with my thyroid and a lot of it is just calcium, vit d, etc.

Yes Richard would be just as confused at home. No way I could take care of him by myself in the shape he is in right now. I'm afraid the hospital stay is really going to really set him back. He had been acting unusual several days before I took him in. I went back tonight around 6 and he was already in bed. I not sure he ever realized that I was there. He was mainly asleep but kept flailing around acting like he thought he was falling. I'm sure it was a very tiring day for him. They said he had been sitting in a wheelchair in the hallway all afternoon. They had just brought him back from dinner and then put him to bed. He had eaten something (maybe peanut butter) because some was still stuck to his teeth.

Charlotte, I know you are worried about Richard. It really sounds like he made a dramatic turn for the worse at home with those episodes and now has not been able to get back to where he was before his hospital stay. New surroundings, new bed, the wheelchair, and not having familiar things around him are enough to disturb him I'm sure. I hope you can talk with someone soon to find out what the near-term and long-term plans are.

Are you not wanting to take the meds because of known side effects? I'm not real familiar with either one of them but just wondered if they would be worth trying. Was that one Gabapentin? It sounds really weird that he would prescribe that when I looked it up, but it does say it's used to treat nerve pain so I guess that's why. Lyrica is one I've heard of & I thought that was for depression! That's one of those that had all those disclaimers on TV they read off! The only meds I take is my daily calcium, vit D, B12, one low-dose aspirin, plus the daily pill to control migraines and the 'as needed' one if I do get a bad migraine. So I totally understand you not wanting to be dependent on pills and such, and especially with side effects and your busy life!

Sandra, I was thinking about having cataract surgery after Christmas! Are you telling me you have had problems with your surgery? Everyone I've talked with here has had wonderful results. I know my prescription might change because my eye doc told me that. But what is this cloudiness? How long ago was it you had the surgery?

Ripley, MS

I had the surgery in Feb of 14. They tell you that this happens more often than not.
I will try to explain it like the doc told me. When they do cataract surgery, they take your "God given " lens out. The capsule that holds the lens stays there. It knows that you have something different in there. The capsule reacts by causing a kind of film on the new lens. When this happens they deaden your eye and dialate it and use the laser to blow a hole into the capsule. Then it doesn't behave like that again. I really like my eye doc, he is very professional but also acts like a normal person and explains things so even I can understand. This happens to more than 90% of people that have cataract surgery. It is not a problem, it is an expected thing.

We are going to go to Caylas this afternoon. Tomorrow is her birthday and I told her we would come stay with Eli and they could go out tonight. Jerry only wants to spend one night so we will come back tomorrow afternoon.
Cayla is on gaberpentin for her pain. She fell again Tues night. They were ar Walmart and she stayed behind to go to the restroom, Bryan took Eli on to the car, but apparently was letting him play up front with him, when Cayla opened the door to get in, he hopped out and she tried to catch him and fell right in front of him. She said both legs failed her, but she kept him from running into the parking lot traffic.
Amanda takes Lyrica for her arthritis, I think Cindy takes it also. It is also used for Fibromyalgia
Charlotte, I hope you find Richard a little better today.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes Elaine I don't want to take them because of known side effects. The Gabadentine is the generic for Neurotin. There were all kind of lawsuits over Neurotin a number of years ago. Richard took it for a while and it caused some problems for him. I guess they got a list of people that had taken it and he was contacted by some lawyers in Chicago or somewhere about joining in the suit. That's why I know about the lawsuits. They wanted too much information and he didn't join in.

Alzheimer's is a terminal disease and with their dementia UTI's and other infections affect them much more than most people. It can really set them back. That's what happens with the disease they keep losing the ability to do the things they once did. They can't explain to you what is going on with them. I am meeting with a lady at the rehap center this Fri morning. At some point he will probably go on hospice. He was no where near that before this happened and not saying he is now. I have known that I will need to take that step at some point but have wondered how his daughter would feel about it. We got that out in the open this week. She told me that someone she knows FIL has Alzheimer's and they have him on hospice and what a great help they are. That I might want to check into it. With Alzheimer's it doesn't necessarily mean that death is very imminent - they have to be at a certain level stage and continue to decline. Some have improved and gone off hospice and then can re qualify again. It is a very complicated disease.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra we did a cross post. I hope Cayla didn't hurt herself. I'm just strange about drugs. There may come a time that I have to take it anyway. I know my doctor thinks I'm crazy. He had a strange look when I told him I wasn't taking that! LOL He said it was cheaper than Lyrica - then started writing the prescription for Lyrica. I did find out that the Mopic that he had prescribed for pain is actually an anti inflammatory drug. So I am going to finish taking it. I couldn't tell it did anything for pain so only took it a couple of times. I was expecting immediate relief.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Lyrica is used a lot for nerve pain. When Alex had his back surgery, they had him on Lyrica for a short while to try to help with the impulse nerve pains sometimes associated with surgery. I use a chiropractor on a regular basis, but I would be really hesitant to go to a chiropractor if the discs are degenerating. I would at least make sure that the chiropractor is aware of the diagnosis. I would just say be very aware of your legs, strength, usage, etc because continued pressure on the nerves causes permanent damage! I didn't have a clue how weak my leg had become before I had surgery until I went to the doctor and couldn't push my foot down with just his one finger holding it up........ and Leigh was the same way before he had neck surgery. He had lost a LOT of strength in his arm, but didn't realize it because your body compensates until it can't anymore, but a lot of times by then the damage has been done. As long as you closely monitor the situation, you should be ok but you can't assume that no pain means no problem.

Sorry to hear that Richard is so confused. I am surprised that they do not have him up trying to walk more. I hope you find him feeling better today.

Sandra, sorry to hear that Cayla fell! Hope she is ok and didn't hurt anything else! Hope ya'll have a nice visit and that she has a nice evening out.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Sandra, thank you for the explanation. Makes me feel a little bit better! Hope Cayla has a happy birthday and that y'all have a nice visit.

Charlotte, hope today is a better day. Yes, I know Alzheimer's is terminal eventually. I just am glad Richard's daughter and you are communicating well with regard to his treatments and other things. It must be a comfort to know she is supportive.

We just had a nice lunch with our youngest son who had driven up from Birmingham today to call on some clients. His birthday was Monday but he has been so busy coaching his youngest son's football team and was out of town last week, we haven't had time to catch up. They are always busy with their 3 kids. The oldest is driving now so that helps, and my DIL has now started working nearly full time at UAB on the staff in the nursing school. So we heard all about how that came about. She was working a couple of days a week last year as an Associate Clinical Instructor in nursing. They had to let someone go just before classes started and the Director told her to apply. Long story short, she got the job by having someone who wanted to hire her and is still working through all she is supposed to be doing. Not teaching classes yet, but is responsible for hiring the CI's, setting up the agreements where students have clinicals, and a lot of other things. She also has to get re-certified since she let hers lapse after staying home so long, so she will be studying for that & taking it in Dec. Then she will start working on her Doctorate which gets paid for by the school. It all has happened so fast.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

So sorry to hear about Cayla's fall. Hope she wasn't hurt too bad and Eli wasn't too upset seeing his mommy fall!! Please wish Cayla a Happy Birthday from us and hope this coming year is a more healthier one!!!

Try bringing something that Richard is familiar with to his room. Maybe that will help him connect a little better. I'm sure he is in overload.

Glad that you are feeling better too, Charlotte.

Elaine that is an amazing position for your SIL. I know your proud!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.