September - the year is flying by!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Happy Labor Day, my friends!!!

I'm glad that you are staying up on the skin cancer thing. I never realized how serious it really is until Mary's ex-husband lost his arm b/c of it.

Prayers still going up for Cayla and Jerry and his doctors Thur!!!

Ashley is dragging to Blue Bayou. She has been able to go to the bathroom a little but still has a tummy ache. This is the last regular weekend. She has two more weekends for special parties. One for all the Exxon employees and one for the LSU football players. She doesn't go back to work at The Shoe Station until Tue. at 4:00PM so maybe she'll feel better by then.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

That was quite a haul Elaine. I have really neglected my little garden plot this year!! I should have some sweet potatoes soon.

Glad to hear Ashley is feeling a little better.

Sandra thinking about you all! I know you will keep us up to date on what is going on.

I'm painting furniture today. I need to be cleaning the upstairs!! I have one chest I've been putting off painting for a long time because it needs some repair work around the bottom. But once I got into it, it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Bondo does wonders! It's a big piece and I need to get it out of my garage! I have another piece I need to work on next and get it out of my garage. It's a very old armoir a friend gave to me. She bought with the intentions of redoing it to use as a tv cabinet but never did. Her husband wanted it out of the garage! It needs a little repair work. Nothing major. Just needs one board in the bottom and a catch for the door! Some fabric taken off the inside back. I found a board that will work - just need to getter done!!!

Working on furniture and working in my booths is my therapy. I took a couple of big new pieces down to my new booth Sun and totally redid it. I was really pleased with the way it looked when I finished. I can get involved in doing something like that and not have another thing on my mind! The same as working in the yard. But I don't want to work in the yard every day and don't get the same kind of satisfaction. I think it's going to be how I keep my sanity as I go through this with Richard.

Ripley, MS

Charlotte, we all need a plan ! I have lots of them, but it is hard to get them executed sometimes.
We had a good visit with Cayla, cooked lots of things and wound up coming home late Sat night. Jerry just can't get comfortable away from his recliner. He just seemed so miserable I told him we would come on home. We meant to get up Sunday morning and get ready and leave so we just left a few hours earlier. I got that one big Good Morning smile from Eli Sat morning ! I love how happy he looks when he sees I am still there.
We had company this afternoon, Jerrys 1st cousin and her hubby. He brought his guitar and Jerry got his out and surprised me how well he can still play.

Cayla seems to be feeling a little better, she stayed up most of the time we were there. It is just going to be a slower recovery than she expected.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I'm so glad that you had a good visit even if it was cut short!! I'm also glad that Cayla is doing better. Lamar isn't doing better. In fact, he called Jim and said they are doing something else for him but Jim didn't know what. I'll ask Archie tomorrow. He's living under the pecan trees and starting a mobile home moving business here. There is no work in Texarkana. He's worked every day this week here.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra sounds like you all had a good weekend. Glad Cayla is feeling a little better. That was a huge incision. It will take a while just for it to heal but everything else that needs to heal.

I took Richard for a couple of hour ride late this afternoon. We got home just as it was getting dark. He loves to ride in the car looking at the countryside and listen to music!! I went the backroads where there is little traffic and can drive slow and just enjoy looking. I enjoy doing that too. It's relaxing. I stay off the interstate and busy highways so we can just take our time. It's kind of fun to just explore. We've explored a lot!! LOL

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Sounds like a very nice afternoon Charlotte! I love the backroads too!!! The old houses and yards just make me drool!!!

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

I'm so glad you had a good visit, Sandra. Hopefully both Cayla and Jerry will both be better soon and things will return to more normal for you. That smile from Eli was worth the trip I'll bet! He's so cute!

I didn't get much done yesterday. Got a run in yesterday morning and Earl started doing some work in the fence he's replacing. It's been too hot to work on it this summer after he started it back in the spring.

Meredith (my daughter) had to work and she's been helping her Dad with a move from his house , which he sold, to another one. Well, the deal on his new house has almost all but fallen through due to the appraisal not being what it should have been. She's had to help him much more than she thought with his wife's estate stuff (she died of cancer almost 2 years ago). She had tons (and I do mean tons) of stuff that had to be dealt with (silver, linens, furniture, etc). Some they have sold to a local dealer and to a few friends & they are having an estate sale today. Another nice big batch went to a consignment antique dealer. Meredith has kept several nice things. But now her Dad is having to move in with her for a few weeks until he either finds a new place or they get this appraisal straightened out. Meanwhile I took Mackenzie shopping yesterday for something to wear to the homecoming game Friday night. She has something for the dance already but not for the game. And she is nominated for the homecoming court!! I think she is excited but she said she doesn't expect to win since there are so many girls competing for it from each home room. Anyway, I think she has a great chance and told her she should be honored to be a rep and she is. She is working so hard this year (sophmore) with homework and soccer. We had fun shopping and went to get something to drink after at Starbucks. Meredith is ready for this whole move ordeal to be over. She's about worn down with work, school and this whole mess.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Hello all -
Sandra, glad to hear that Cayla is feeling some better at least. And was amazed to hear that Jerry can still play his guitar - that might be really good therapy for him as well and not "feel" like therapy! Will definitely be praying for you both on Thursday! Do you know what time his surgery will be?

Jeri- so sorry to hear that Ashley is having so much trouble again! I hope by now she is feeling much better! I hope that Mary is feeling well too. How often is she having to have these treatments?

Elaine, sounds like your daughter has her hands full! Maybe they can get the appraisal thing lined out quickly. I bet it is a mess having sold his house but can't move in the new one! I don't know how on earth Earl was working on fencing - it was scorching hot with high humidity here ALL weekend! I had hoped to get some things done in the yard, but other than watering I didn't accomplish anything. Leigh did get the yard mowed, and went to Warren yesterday to mow some large lots over there. He was covered in dust, sweat and dirt when he got back.

We went to LR on Saturday afternoon and went to Joanns and Hobby Lobby to get some additional things Jessica needed for Tiger Tunes costumes. Then we met Alex and Natalie for dinner and did some window shopping in the promenade. We didn't buy much but mostly just spent time together and did some looking. It was nice to get to visit with them for a bit. Kyle and Maddie were in Texas for the weekend but we met them on Friday night on their way thru. Sunday we went to my sister's house for lunch and a lot of her family was there so we had a nice visit. Monday was my nephew (her son's) birthday so we just celebrated a day early. Then yesterday I washed clothes, helped Jessica with some Gridiron posters and projects and cooked spaghetti so she could eat before she left because she had Tiger tunes practice from 6 -10. Then she took leftovers with her so she would have supper tonight before practice. Then when Leigh got back from Warren I warmed everything back up again and we had supper - so I felt like I had cooked and cleaned up twice! LOL....

Leigh has to be in LR tonight for the rest of his sleep study, and then Jessica has to be back tomorrow for a doctor's appt. I guess I will have supper ready for her again and then she can take leftovers back for Thursday as well! She will end up not having to cook much this week!
From now til Oct 3 when Tunes are over she won't have any spare time between practices and making costumes~she will be swamped!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Elaine your ex-husband's wife must have had a ton of stuff!!! Doesn't sound like she had any children. I know Meredith will be glad to get through with all of it!! If she is working and going to school and taking care of a teenager, she more than has her hands full already!! I hope MacKenzie makes the home coming court but like you said even it she doesn't it is an honor to be nominated and a great experience for her!

It's overcast here today but I don't think it's going to cool off much. I have a dentist appointment later today. Not looking forward to that!!! I have one tooth that is trapping food. He tried to fix it a few months ago by just doing a filling on the side with the problem. The tooth has a crown. But when I went back for a cleaning last week he decided he needed to take the old crown off and put a new one on to get it fixed. He afraid it's going to cause problems with my gums if he doesn't get it fixed right. I can also feel where the food is trapped and my gums get inflamed in the area. He didn't put the crown on. It's an old crown. The first work of that type I've had to have done in several years and I hope the last for a while!

I got a text from Jeff Sat and they had to put down one of their pugs. He was fairly old for a pug and had been having a lot of trouble with his legs. They had even gotten some kind of wheel chair for his back legs. He said he lost use of his front legs and stopped eating so they had to put him down. Sad day for them. They also have a blind rescue pug that is really going to miss him.

This message was edited Sep 8, 2015 9:31 AM

Ripley, MS

I don't know how those college kids keep up with everything they have to do. Most have a part time job and all the activities, plus studying.
How is Jess making it with her thyroid problems now ?

It is very hot here too, but that is going to change mid week, so they say.

We have to call the surgery center after 3pm Wednesday to see what time to be there Thursday

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Jess is doing ok - so far they haven't had to up her thyroid medication, and the metformin lowered her insulin from 188 to 20 so she is doing good there! She is busy with Tunes and school - but she is going back to Walgreens to tell them she just isn't going to be able to work this semester. She has 20 hrs this semester which is already overloaded plus tunes, gridiron girls, ACS, honors,and research..... she has wayyy too much on her plate to be trying to work every week at Walgreens too. She probably will work a few weekends at the hospital pharmacy here in town after tunes are over - but she won't work many. She can always work a weekend at Merle Norman too if she wants - but she has saved her money well from the summer, and got some of her scholarship money back to help cover her utilities and food for the semester so I think she will be fine without the added stress of the additional job. She interviews for pharmacy school on October 16 - and she is counting the days! :)

Charlotte, sorry to hear they had to put down one of their babies........ it is always so hard to lose a good friend - I know they are like family! If it is very old, the boys may not remember life without it. I know Jessica barely remembered life before getting her cat. I bet that blind one really will miss him too - he was probably part of his 'navigation' system.

It is very hot and muggy here - supposed to cool today but so far no signs of that. We were supposed to have had a small chance of rain last night, but we didn't get a drop at our house. Leigh said he drove thru a very light shower on the way to LR - only enough to mess up the windshield. They say after lunch it is supposed to rain and cool off - I sure hope they are right because right now it is super muggy - almost spring storm type weather.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Their pug was 13 and 1/2. The boys would have been somewhere around 5 and 8 when they got him. They had a Sheltie before that that had to put down. The Sheltie Jeff and Kristie got right after they got married. He was their "kid" for a long time. When they had to put him down it was sad as it was the end of the starting out era. The pug "Mojo" is the end of the kids growing up era.

It was very very humid this morning. All the windows in the house were all fogged up. Then around 9 or so we got a pretty good rain and it's stayed cloudy but cooler all day.

Sandra I guess you all have the time you have to be at the surgery center. Praying for a good outcome.

Ripley, MS

We are to arrive at 9:30
I figure that will get him into the surgery around 11-noon
Please pray for controable pain, so many people have told him it is very painful.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

We didn't get any rain out of the front that came thru.......... barely a mist a lunch time - I drove home and back to work and only turned on my wipers once! :( Jessica said it rained hard in Arkadelphia, but only for about 20 min. It would have been nice to have gotten something out of it. The humidity is still bad here - doesn't really feel like a cool front. :(

Sandra, praying that the surgery goes well and that his pain is controllable. Alex had excruciating pain with his shoulder surgery, but it was because he had so much pain medicine when he was burned that "normal" pain killers that are usually prescribed don't do anything - he might as well have been drinking water..... but we didn't realize WHY it wasn't helping at the time. Leigh had shoulder surgery 2 yrs ago - and his was uncomfortable but definitely not uncontrollable. He had a nerve block for the surgery, and then came home with pain pills. He didn't take them for many days but I don't remember how long, but it was not a bad experience. The worst part was it being his right hand and him having difficulty getting dressed and doing everyday things without that arm! Praying that Jerry's goes very well. I know he has been thru a lot of pain already!

We have an escaped convict on the loose from our county jail. The police were all over our road to the plant yesterday because they thought he was in the woods back behind our plant - but then supposedly he was spotted during the night in town. Not sure if that was a legitimate spotting because supposedly he only has on underwear - and I would really think he was roaming around town for hours that he would have found some clothes somewhere! Anyway, he was one of the suspects arrested for killing the manager of the local grocery store back last December. He escaped yesterday afternoon around 3:15 or so .... I was so thankful that it was not the day before because I was home alone that night while Leigh had his testing in LR..... I would not have gotten ANY sleep! Hopefully they will catch him today!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Sandra, I've known several people who have had rotator cuff surgery and yes, it can be painful for a few days after the initial pain medication wears off (usually after about 24 hours). Like Genna said, it is usually controllable, just don't let the pain get ahead of him. My DD had the surgery and she said that is the most important, but she only took the pain meds a couple of days and then switched to Advil or Aleve and took a pain pill if it really got bad. The pain pills can have some additional adverse side effects with her (sleeplessness for one).

We got a quick but fierce storm last night around 6 pm. We were on our way to choir practice and were grabbing a bite to eat while it happened but it did cool things down a little. Today is supposed to rain again and then get cooler. Finally! iIm ready for this heat & humidity to be over.

Whew, Genna! I hope they catch the guy who got loose. It seems like if someone's in jail for murder, they would be watched more closely, doesn't it?

Well, Mackenzie didn't get elected to the H/C court, but she was fine with it. She & I talked last night and she really was ok with it before and after the results were announced. She was honored to be representing her home room & I know she is well-liked at school and is doing well in her classes and that is what is important.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Elaine I'm sorry Mackenzie didn't get elected. But it is still an honor to have been chosen to represent her home room. She sounds like a girl with a good head on her shoulders and lots of self confidence!

It does seem they should be watching someone in jail for murder more closely! I'm surprised he was still in the Camden jail and not in a more secure jail somewhere.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Sorry to hear Mackenzie didn't make homecoming, but I am glad she is aware that it was an honor to be selected to represent her room. Sounds like she is a smart, well balanced girl!

He was in our county facility - and I have NO idea why..... maybe he hasn't gone to trial yet? I am not sure. I was first told he was the one who shot the man, but I think he may actually just be the accomplice who helped him pull it off, but not sure. Apparently he had been taken to the hospital for injuries he sustained in an altercation with another inmate - he escaped from the van (details not released yet) while he was being moved from it back to the jail on the return trip from the hospital. I was VERY disappointed in the way the search was handled.... they were just all sitting out on the major roads stationed to "watch" for him to come out of the woods!! We told them when they came by yesterday we have a small "deercamp" building about 100 yds out in the woods - no restrooms or anything like that, but there were couches in there that he could have slept on. They NEVER even went and looked at it. They assumed because they had found his jumpsuit and then his t-shirt further into their search that he only had on his boxers. I can somewhat understand someone taking off the orange jumpsuit - but I do NOT understand someone shedding their t-shirt that is supposedly headed into the woods! These woods are rough this time of year and I don't think anyone would make it far without clothing. I really wondered if he had worked out something with someone to drop him some clothes off. .... or heck, possibly even pick him up because they found the t-shirt behind a park area that backs up to the woods and rr tracks! But the detective said "he just wasn't thinking, ain't nobody going to help him".... I thought there is ALWAYS someone willing to help them! So, no telling where he is - but I really figure he is still here in town not in the woods.

Of course, there isn't much info on how he actually escaped. At first, they weren't even telling WHO it was, but the rumors were circulating rampantly that it was him so they finally started saying who it was that was escaped in the automated calls etc. Haven't seen a single deputy or officer today..........but as far as I know, he is still on the loose.

I'm with you, Genna. Whatever happened, there is always someone gullible enough to 'help' even the lowest of the low. Just look what happened when those 2 guys escaped from prison in NY! They gain someone's trust and then, BAM, they are out of there.

Thanks for your thoughts about Mack. She's a great girl. She'll have fun at homecoming no matter what. Has a date and lots of friends to go with, so it will be great. I can't wait to see their photos.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Prayers going up today for Jerry!!! Has anyone heard how it's going?

I agree with everyone else Elaine. Mack is a beautiful young lady and it was a honor to even be selected for the court.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I haven't heard a word......... maybe they just got started late?

She said they might not get started until noon, so it could take him until now before they might be getting him out of recovery. I hope he's ok. And Sandra too! I'm sure she is stressed.

Hey Sandra!! Praying for you and Jerry!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Hopefully we will be hearing from Sandra soon. He is probably just getting out of recovery. They could have also gotten started late.

It's hot again today! I had a pallet load of merchandise come in the morning and I had to unpack it outside. I was in the shade under a covered area. But it was still hot - humid! I had to come home and check on Richard. Now I've got to get my truck unloaded! A lot of it was duplicates and some that is easier to price at home. Trying to get stocked up good before the holidays!

Ripley, MS

We are home now and the surgery went well, the Internet wasn't working on the side of the building we were on so I couldn't post.
Thanks for your prayers, the doc told me to 1-Get some food into him 2.-Give him 2 pain pills as soon as I got food in him and be sure to give him 1 at least every 4 hours, if he needs it he can have 2---these are 10mg Percocet, after tomorrow he can take as needed.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Glad to hear you all are home. Didn't expect you to actually be home that soon!!! He's got the hard part behind him now to just take it easy and get that shoulder well!

Glad all is well, Sandra. You did get home fast! Hope Jerry will eat and have an easy night. It won't be hard sleeping sitting up for a while, but he may be used to it by now.

Ripley, MS

He sleeps very good in his recliner,I can't sleep in mine, I have to lay down.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Glad to hear it went well! I got home to no internet so I didn't have a way to check in last night. Hope he had a good night.....

It is nice here this morning with temps in the upper 60s...... they are calling for a low of 52 tomorrow night. Sounds GREAT - now if we could just get a little rain!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

My sciatica is really bothering me this week. I did something to pinch it. I'll be glad when it clears up. It starts right above my left hip and goes down to my knee. I've been doing some stretching and need to do more. It will eventually clear up but I never know how long it will take.

It's cloudy here today. I need to do a little clean up in the yard. Maybe this weekend. I have some pruning I need to do (big holly bushes around my air conditioners). I also have some gardenias I need to cut back. I was going to do that a few weeks ago and noticed buds all over one of them. They are now blooming again. I hope it's not too late to cut them back when they finish blooming. There is always something that needs pruning around here!

Ripley, MS

Jerry had a good night, so far he said he is in less pain that he was before the surgery. He said the block wore off about 6am, his EAR finally woke up--LOL---we were warned his face might be numb on that side and he did not have any complaint except his ear felt weird.
He said that constant pain was gone, and I say Praise The Lord !!!
We are going to let the pain pill wear off today and see what happens. He said he didn't sleep much in his recliner but I slept like a rock in the bed. He didn't wake me all night.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Sorry Charlotte to hear you're having a problem. Seems like it flares up on you about twice a year. Hope it lets up soon!!!

Sandra that is an answer to prayer that he's not in constant pain!!! I pray it continues and Jerry has a speedy recovery!!!!

Ripley, MS

Yes, Jeri, it is and we really appreciate those prayers ! He has talked to people at therapy that had the surgery and he was really worried about the pain. Dr. Pillow gave him 10mg Percocet and said he can take 2 every 4 hours. Most don't want to even give a 10 much less tell you to take 2, and then they want every 8 hours. I guess like everything else people are different, and some people need more than others. So far he asked for one at 10:30 and I asked him now at noon if he needed the 2nd one, and he said no that 1 has eased him. Personally, I think it is all the prayers and God has graciously answered !

Charlotte, I understand that pain and hope it soon goes away too !

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra that is wonderful news!!! He has been in pain for so long!

My leg and hip are feeling a little better. I took a couple of ibuprofen and remembered to get my tens unit out. It really seems to help me. I don't know if it helps relax the nerve or what.

I'm overwhelmed with things to price today!! This is the time of year I start getting a lot of new merchandise in. Got a big shipment from two different companies. I got a pallet load yesterday and I got 6 huge boxes today!

I took the smaller boxes out of the 6 big boxes at the mall. I put it all in the back of my truck and just unboxed them on the tailgate. I think I'll be doing that again! I just flatten the boxes and put them back in the truck and didn't create a huge mess in the house. Now I'll take the empty boxes to the dumpster at the mall. I told you I'm not going to make a mess in my living room and dining room again!

Glad all is well, Sandra. You did get home fast! Hope Jerry will eat and have an easy night. It won't be hard sleeping sitting up for a while, but he may be used to it by now.

I don't know why my post from last night posted again. Strange!

Glad Jerry is doing so well, and I sure hope it continues. He's lucky he can sleep in the recliner. Me? Not so well either. For a little while for a nap it's not so bad. But I am a side sleeper.

Charlotte, I hope your sciatica improves. That is so annoying. Be careful, even with the ibuprofen.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I've been taking it easier than normal. I just got something in the wrong position. It'll work it's way out after a while. I don't like to take a lot of ibuprofen. I figure a couple at night and a couple once during the day should be ok.

Here are some pictures of my space at my new mall. Don't know why I forgot to take pictures of the rest of it! This is just part of the space.

Thumbnail by cperdue Thumbnail by cperdue Thumbnail by cperdue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I have ended up having the worse case of sciatica that I've had in a long long time!! It has just affected the thigh of my left leg but does it ever hurt!!! I can't sit in my recliner even just sitting up. It is too soft and puts me at the wrong angle. Friday night I was able to put a pillow under a certain spot in the small of my back and get some relief and slept all night!! As long as I was standing or walking yesterday it was controllable. I also used my tens unit almost all day. But last night I just couldn't find a spot that totally gave me relief so I was up and down a lot. Was in the middle of the den floor in the middle of the night doing stretching exercises!! They really seem to help. I'm calling the chiropractor first thing tomorrow morning!! I have some 10mg percocet that Richard used to take. I just can't take things like that as they make me nauseous and I don't like the way they make me feel. But this morning I decided I've got to get some relief so I cut one half into and took half this morning and plan to take the other half tonight. I took 2 ibuprofen about every 4 hours yesterday and they didn't seem to do much of anything!

Sandra I dreamed about you last night! You just showed up at my house around bedtime! You showed me on your phone where I had posted on a thread about my sciatica and you decided come to see about me!!!

It is nice and cool here today. I walked around the yard some this morning and it feels like fall.

Ripley, MS

Charlotte, if I were able to get away I would come and see about you and try to help you with Richard because I can really empathize with that pain !
I am having some shooting pains through my foot the last few days, but nothing to complain about compared to what you are going through. I was wondering if you might have "overused" the tens machine ? I know when they use it at therapy they always set a timer.
I know the chiropractor has helped you before, but if you have developed a ruptured disk they can't help. Only way to know that is MRI
Have you tried a heating pad or ice ? Both of those are prescribed 20 minutes on and 20 off

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I probably need to go to the doctor and find out what's going on. Just hate to deal with it. The ex ray the chiropractor took did show I have an old hairline fracture in one spot in my back and the area around it had developed spondeliodis (not spelled right). It is not quite so bad this afternoon. Don't know if the pain pill is still working or if it is getting better. I unpacked a bunch of boxes two days in a row. I have a feeling that U.S. What brought it on. I've had more problems than usual every since that summer several years ago when I bought 40 forty pound bags of mulch and manure! I backed my truck up to my truck up to my garden plot but I unloaded and pulled every bag to the spot I wanted it. Then on top of that I dug around my bed in the front yard edging it!! My leg started tingling before I quit digging but I didn't have enough sense to quit!! I'm taking it easy today but trying to move around some.

I probably did use the tens unit too long yesterday. I haven't used it at all today. Heat seems to work best for me. I need to get some more of those heat pads that you stick on. Cindy mentioned those one time and I love them. I took two hot baths last night with Epsom salt!!

Sandra I hope your foot doesn't get too bad!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I probably need to go to the doctor and find out what's going on. Just hate to deal with it. The ex ray the chiropractor took did show I have an old hairline fracture in one spot in my back and the area around it had developed spondeliodis (not spelled right). It is not quite so bad this afternoon. Don't know if the pain pill is still working or if it is getting better. I unpacked a bunch of boxes two days in a row. I have a feeling that U.S. What brought it on. I've had more problems than usual every since that summer several years ago when I bought 40 forty pound bags of mulch and manure! I backed my truck up to my truck up to my garden plot but I unloaded and pulled every bag to the spot I wanted it. Then on top of that I dug around my bed in the front yard edging it!! My leg started tingling before I quit digging but I didn't have enough sense to quit!! I'm taking it easy today but trying to move around some.

I probably did use the tens unit too long yesterday. I haven't used it at all today. Heat seems to work best for me. I need to get some more of those heat pads that you stick on. Cindy mentioned those one time and I love them. I took two hot baths last night with Epsom salt!!

Sandra I hope your foot doesn't get too bad!

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

Charlotte,

Hi! I'm a transplant from Houston, Texas. Married a LR man and we purchased property in Hot Springs. I have been employed my all my life is outside sale for an OEM. When I moved I gave up my jog of 15 years and then was lucky to find another job with a manufacture of controls systems in Tulsa. I was laid off in April due to the drop in oil prices. They say I can work for them on a commission bases. Not interested in that, so I find myself unemployed for the first time in my life!!! I'm 60...not many jobs available for me in Hot Springs with the type of salary I'm accustom to. LOL! But I love, love, love distressed furniture. I have a few pieces I have done myself because is so much fun. Enough about me....

We are building a house on the lake and I've been busy micromanaging all that. UGH! I'm looking for a 5-6' long buffet that could fit in my Mission style house. I drive to Search twice a week (Mon and Thurs). Thought I would drop in your store today but see that you are closed. Is the other place (HI END) open today? If so could you give me the name and/or address. I would love to check that out. We just purchased a wonderful built in from Casa Bella in Hot Spring that Christopher designed for a lady that had it for 3 months then got relocated to New York. Sad for her but lucky for me.

Thanks,

Daisy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.