BLOOMING in JUNE/2015

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Beautiful daylilies!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Quote from hemlady :
Yes Mipil, Little Heavenly Angel is a very fast grower and a good bloomer. I have had it for many years. On the downside, if you hybridize, it won't set pods but its pollen is good.

Thanks Susan. I am the creator of Milky Way Eyes so I am probably the only source at the moment. I can't recall selling anyone a fan. I may be moving it in the fall so maybe I can save you a couple of fans when I move it.

Wow, amazing! I would have thought that one would be a great seller! It would be wonderful if you could save, sell or trade me a couple of fans! I am so excited!!

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

I love seeing all of these varieties :) I don't have too many extreme ones, but I'll share what I have blooming now. I received a fan of Crazy Ivan as a gift when I bought some daylilies online last fall - it's growing, but not sure I'll see a bloom this year or not!

1. Down Home

2. Unknown double - I've never bought a double, so not sure what I thought I was getting with this one LOL (came from a local farmer's market - Lord only knows which one!)

3. Bodacious Returns

4. Happy Returns

5. Strawberry Candy

Thumbnail by Dragonflys4me Thumbnail by Dragonflys4me Thumbnail by Dragonflys4me Thumbnail by Dragonflys4me Thumbnail by Dragonflys4me
BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

IDK where I left off lol sorry if theres a duplicate! Trip to ER with kiddo fixed that lol

SC STARBURST
ROSELLA SHERIDAN
HOW LOVELY YOU ARE
COSMIC KALEIDOSCOPE
ADAMAS

Thumbnail by badcat Thumbnail by badcat Thumbnail by badcat Thumbnail by badcat Thumbnail by badcat
BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

JAWS OF LIFE
WALLY
VOLCANIC ERUPTION
FROGS EYE X GOLDEN BREASTED SEEDLING
POMEGRANATE LEMONADE

Thumbnail by badcat Thumbnail by badcat Thumbnail by badcat Thumbnail by badcat Thumbnail by badcat
BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

DARING DILEMMA
BOURBON STREET...sober
INWOOD
BRIDGETON CELEBRITY
TAL OF GASCONE

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

SOUTH SEAS
SPELLBINDER
WILD IRISH
HEAD TURNER
SC EASY RIDER

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Coit Tower-talk about a big eye
After the Fire
Caribbean Frank League
Guadalajara
Isle of Patmos

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Johm Peat
Little Crooner--2.75 Inches
Something Lovely
Yellow Explosion
Purple Cheetah

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Winyah Guardian, Grape Custard, Key to My Heart, Winyah Storm

Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Beautiful blooms everyone.
Don Chief Four Fingers has only bloomed with three fingers so far out of five blooms. LOL!
Bev and Badcat, how did you ladies feared in the recent tornado/storms??

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Mike, that's pretty much what it has been like here in the past, but for some unknown reason most of the blooms are poly this year. I like it!!

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

My yard has a lot of daylilies and I just found a place on FB that sells them - I now have Bela Lugosi and Chicks Dig It (loved that name lol) coming to join the menagerie :)

I need an intervention LOL

Question: in these 2 pics, they are both supposed to be Strawberry Candy. But I'm starting to think that the 2nd one might have cross-pollinated with my Chicago Apache and created this one. Can there be that much color difference on the same cultivar? Those colors are from 2 different plants.

Thumbnail by Dragonflys4me Thumbnail by Dragonflys4me
Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

There can be lots of color variation. I have noticed that differing amounts of shade, or different soil nutrients can make a difference. I have a DL that in all the photos I've seen is a pale cream/custard shade, but for me it blooms apricot.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh my, I am behind, but I have spent the past hour almost drooling at the pictures and adding, and adding, and adding to my want list. It is crazy just how many I could buy off this one thread alone! :( Mine are about gone here. I do still have some that are blooming but this 100+ heat is trying to fry everything!!

I love that Adorable Tiger - need it for my Tiger bed that I am planning for......... and there are so many others that are just total knockouts!! If I listed all the ones I love, it would take forever so suffice it to say I just want one of each - or pretty darn close! LOL....

Hope everyone has a great day and stays cool!

Genna

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Genna, LOL, for sure.
Bev the one on the left is Strawberry Candy for sure.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.