BLOOMING in JUNE/2015

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Wow - those are gorgeous blooms gingerjar.................. I am not familiar with daylily shows. Is it just display? or competition? Do you display ones you have hybridized?
Those photos are stunning so I am sure in person they are gorgeous.

NIce seedling Batcat................. I am afraid to try hybridizing - afraid I would want to keep them all! :)

just beautiful blooms everywhere..........

This message was edited Jun 22, 2015 1:59 PM

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Well, my photos wouldn't load, so I am going to try again................

Arkansas Post, Hamlet, Outrageous, Midas Magic

Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

gingerjar,

Nice blooms! I love your PATSY KLINE and BONNIE HOLLEY. Hope mine look like that soon! I had a yellow one last year that looked just like MEANINGFUL GESTURE AND FRIEND, it was MOMENT IN THE SUN. It only bloomed that one time but it would have had bigger ruffles if it had matured a little more. I would love another one but no more early bloomers for me. I just got Ruby Spider this past May, so I cannot wait to see blooms, the fans were a little small so I did not divide the 4. EYE OF THE HURRICANE is a nice one that rotted on me also, nice flower on that one but looks too much like INTELLIGENT DESIGN which I already have and it did not rot. lol. I also love your Double Cherries Duet, such a stunner! and I do not usually like the doubles but that one I love!

Some blooms from this morning!

INTELLIGENT DESIGN
VOILA FRANCOIS
BEAUTIFUL EDGINGS
EMPEROR'S DRAGON
CLAW'S OF MOONLIGHT

Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

The flowers on this thread are from our own garden, gen. I showed blooms from the Richmond show on another thread. That is a competition. Most people bring scapes that are groomed by them and there is an award for the best mini, small flower. large flower, etc. they are judged by American Hemerocallis exhibition judges. I just brought off scape blooms and there is an award for that category too. I was very pleased to win in that category with a bloom of Dolly Poly.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Genna, I do love Outrageous, it is well...outrageous! Such vivid color. :)

Here are more from this morning.

STINGER
DR JERROLD CORBETT
GRANDMA'S SMILE
PRINCESS DIANA
HAWAIIAN PASSPORT

Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

SOME BLOOMS FROM YESTERDAY.

ZEPHYR'S SONG - this cannot make up it's mind what color it wants to be, now it is white?
MANGO NECTAR
AMERICAN FREEDOM
PINEAPPLE MOON
MAGNIFICENT MAGPIE

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Big Girls Don't cry
Blueberry Lemonade
Kansas Kitten
Kay Day
La La Fabulosa

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Wow you guys blow me away with your collections...just beautiful!

I bet you can't guess which one this is...lol.

Thumbnail by Mipii Thumbnail by Mipii
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Robin my guess is Siloam Double Classic !
Beautiful blooms Gingerjar, Genna, Susan and Robin.
Several blooming around here.
Isolde
Great White
Last Frontier
Paper Butterfly
Answering Angels

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Some more.
Kanai Sensei
Lemon Pixie
Endless Heart

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Wild Horses

This message was edited Jun 23, 2015 9:57 AM

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Keep hitting the send button instead of the CAF. Loosing it??
Stella's Ruffled Fingers
Apricot Sparkles
Pure And Simple - only bloom I will see unless it rebloom. Thanks Mr DEER!! ARRRRRRRR!!!!
Bitsy
Legends Of The Fall

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Dragon Knife - one of the last to bloom last season.
Stella's Sparky
Mcbeth
Iris Great White Heron - waited three years for this to bloom. The other plant bloomed a few days prior.
Dracunculus Vulgaris - what can I say!!

Gorgeous Mike, thank Mr. Deer for us too, he's dragging on our fun when we don't get to see the bloom. Lol for D. vulgaris, bet that one smells...er, somewhat interesting.

Congrats on your Great White Iris, she looks worth the wait.

Ding, ding, ding...my one and only in bloom. Okay, so maybe I'll never catch up to you guys. Thanks for allowing me to live vicariously!

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Don't worry, Robin. Even Canada will be blooming soon.
Does Dracunculus have a lovely odor, Mike?

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Absolutely gorgeous blooms! Thanks for the info on the competition Gingerjar..... I had NO idea. Have no idea how you "groom" a DL scape.... LOL.... but then I showed livestock growing up not flowers! :) I will look for the other thread - would love to see the pics! Can I ask approximately how many DLs you have? You have so many gorgeous blooms! Love so many of them!

Wild Horses and Macbeth have been on my list for a while.............. and I love that Answering Angels as well Mike....... not sure I would be interested in the Dracunculus from what I have heard. Looks interesting but I have heard bad things about the smell! :) I think I prefer roses... LOL

Susan, I really like the Intelligent Design and Claw's of Moonlight too......

I think I just want one of all of them! :)

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Quote from Mipii :
Wow you guys blow me away with your collections...just beautiful!

I bet you can't guess which one this is...lol.

*~* This is very pretty!! Thanks for sharing. :)

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Robin,
What's the temperatures doing in Michigan?? I assume you will be in full bloom soon there.....

Genna

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Genna,
that is the problem with daylily addition we all want them all. lol. I have a link from the hybridnizers website for CLAW'S OF MOONLIGHT so you can see this bloom next to a childs face. Same size!!

http://www.thebloomingauction.com/detail.asp?id=164393

Mike,
I love Wild Horses, that one has been on my wish list for a while now, at first I thought it looked too much like BOTTLE ROCKET. But now I do not think so. Tell me about STELLA'S RUFFLED FINGERS, I heard it was a good bloomer but it is listed as having 9 buds and two branches. lol. Tell me what I want to hear Mike, I love this flower. lol.

http://www.diggingdakota.com/?attachment_id=2746

Your IRIS is stunning, looks like a Japanese Iris. Do you grow it in moist soil? Mine died. *~*

Dracunculus Vulgaris is interesting but can you post another pic when the bud opens? :)

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Wow - that one is a nice size! I have really been trying to add several of the larger ones just because my yard is so big, you have to be right up on the same ones to see them and at least the larger ones you can see some color from a distance. Oh well, though, seriously I think I love ALMOST every daylily I have seen! I need a 12 step program...........I never seem to make it past the first step of admitting that I have a problem! :)

Genna Michigan has been all over the place, temp wise. We've been specializing in rain for the most part. I have one little fan of a Candy Lily I'm thinking I'm going to lose as they prefer dry conditions.

I don't have many established cultivars, just two with a third one on it's way, none of which are early bloomers. I've got about six new ones planted this year and will be very lucky to see those bloom (I'm having a hard time waiting). Luckily, I've got other things to admire in my garden and here on the Daylily Forum.

---------------

Thanks Susan, you're so kind!

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

This is Can't Fault Ya. We got it at one of the auctions at the National in Atlanta. It bloomed several days in our hotel room, but the long trip home by auto caused all the many buds to drop off.
This bloom occured down in the foliage today. I hadn't eve noticed the bud until a couple days ago.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's a few more blooms here today:
Chief Four Fingers is supposed to poly like this, but often doesn't.
Chubby Cheeks
Dandy Dave
Doctor Charles Molano
Rocky Mountain Twilight

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Quote from gen2026 :
Wow - that one is a nice size! I have really been trying to add several of the larger ones just because my yard is so big, you have to be right up on the same ones to see them and at least the larger ones you can see some color from a distance. Oh well, though, seriously I think I love ALMOST every daylily I have seen! I need a 12 step program...........I never seem to make it past the first step of admitting that I have a problem! :)

Thanks! Here is another daylily/child photo that I love and I did recently get this daylily. This little girl is a doll and the daylily is gorgeous!

https://www.oakesdaylilies.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/1825-Persian-Market-14.jpg
https://www.oakesdaylilies.com/product/persian-market/

Problem??? What problem??? lol. :)

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Robin, You are welcome! I hope they grow fast for you, do you have some fertilizer? Anything? :)

gingerjar, Nice daylilies! *~*

Here are a few from today. MEMPHIS, JUNGLE BUTTERFLY, MANGO NECTAR, POKER LILY (OOPS), GRANDMA'S SMILE

Susan, I don't know if you could baby plants any more than I do...without killing them with kindness, lol! They've been given a transplant fertilizer when they were first lovingly put in the ground, they were shaded for a few days and they were eyeballed as many times a day as I could get out there to look at them. A couple of weeks ago they got some granular, balanced fertilizer. I went out and bought some ammonia to dilute with water in a spray bottle at the ready...you never know when some slug comes along and tries to eat your babies.

CLAW'S OF MOONLIGHT is beautiful and HUGE, but I'm drawn to PERSIAN MARKET and the cute 4 year old! I suppose everyone is drawn to specific DL's and then their interests expand as their collection does...just a guess though.

JUNGLE BUTTERFLY looks real good with Echinacea, my Echinacea is just ready to bloom now.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

LOL. Robin yes you have enough. I forgot to fertilize mine so they do not really need much. I think I fertilized them last August when I did the hostas, just a hose sprayer with a good dose of Miracle Grow. I am lazy sometimes. I also have some Milorganite I use to throw out (granules,poop) in early spring but I forgot.

I need to spray mine, I got some slug eggs that have hatched in the crowns and they are munching on my flowers. Check out CLEAR MOUNTAIN MORNING. LOL. Thanks for the compliments!

Thumbnail by virginiarose
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Susan, Susan, we don't know what we are going to do with you.
The flower is fully open. A couple more pics.
Don as soon as we walk out the back door the smell hit ya! LOL!
Groom Lake - ffo - ffe
Stella's Ruffled Fingers - this one has a low bud count but you can count on it reblooming.
Seedling Stella's Ruffled Fingers X Unknown - ffo

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Some more.
Just Like Candy - ffo
Hearts And Flowers - ffo
Lee Reinke - one of two ffo
Wispy Rays - ffo
Spacecoast Hot Topic - ffo

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

More!
Black Fathom Depths - ffo
Lemon Knockout - ffo
Noid - not the one I ordered.
Bela Lugosi - one of five ffo
Enchanted Carousel - ffo

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

What's this ? More!! LOL!
Joleyne Nichole - ffo
Ah Youth - want high bud count? Get this one. Consistently above 38 buds on each scape.
Seedling - tall - ffo - cross on file.
Catalina
Circle Of Fire - ffo

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Adorable Tiger is a favorite of mine. You'll probably see it several times.
Alpine Mist
American Doll
Biker Babe
Batman's Shadow. You may have to use your imagination a bit, but you're suppose to see Batman's head and shoulders at the point on the petal where the eye reaches its farthest point out on the petal. It shows best on the petal on the left.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Blast of Blue
Brown Witch
Coralitos Rose
Eclipse of the Heart
God Save the Queen

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

George Jets On
Handsome Dude as a poly
Indigo Bunting
Man of Sorrow
Martha Chamberlain

Susan, do you think if I close this tab, I'll stop thinking about it?
https://www.oakesdaylilies.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/1825-Persian-Market-14.jpg

Or, is this a normal part of the disease?

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Closing the tab does not work!!! LOL. Beware you are infected!!! I cannot wait to see mine, such a nice big flower. This disease is spreading rapidly.

Here are a few from yesterday since I tooK 75 pictures and none today because it rained all day and they are all waterlogged. lol.

TAHITIAN SHORES, PRIMAL SCREAM, ANIAKCHAK, DR JERROLD CORBETT, JULIE NEWMAR

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

A FEW MORE:

LATIN SATIN, BELL COOKE, SONG WRITER, AMAZING DREAM CONEFLOWER, TIME DRIFTER

Crap, you're so not helping...
Mmm, mmm, mmm...Primal Screammm.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

LOL!! I also love Primal Scream. I can see it from a block away, I got two single fans for some reason some sellers send two singles instead of a double fan so I plant them both in separate places. One is in the corner garden and this one is still in a pot.

Also ANIAKCHAK, is tall and a good bloomer. Last year it was in part shade and it was a lot darker. This one is in full sun and fades quickly, still a nice shade of purple but I like the darker ones. Check this one out from last year.

*~*

Have a great night!

Thumbnail by virginiarose
Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Time for me to stop lurking and share. I have many more blooms than this but have not been keeping up with photos.

Jolyene Nichole, Litchfield Tribute, unnamed seedling, Lavender Dew, lost tag

Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.