BLOOMING in JUNE/2015

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Aniakchak is also beautiful, I like both pics but, what a difference in color! It looks like two different plants. Another good reason to grow them in two different locations...lol!

Hi Iowhen, hows the growing season in Iowa? Looks like you've got some beauties too. I planted a small fan of 'Jolyene Nichole' earlier this year, I'm hoping to see at least one bloom yet. I especially like 'Lost Tag' she's real pretty and a pretty pink! Thanks for sharing.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

iowhen,
Jolyene Nichole is beautiful, mine had a bad winter or something but I would not mind having another one of these! Lavender Dew and the pink noid are gorgeous, I have a soft spot for pinks and tag or not, those are beautiful! Thanks for sharing, don't be a lurker! Bring on the pics. :)

*~*

Robin,
Thank you for compliments, I will move it in the fall but I am always surprised at how different they are!

*~*

Have a great day everyone!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

The daylilies are definitely starting to bloom in Michigan.

BUDDY'S BETSY, EL DESPARADO, HEAVENLY HARMONY, TWO PART HARMONY, GLACIER SUNSET

Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

And a few more

BOAGIE, PICKET FENCES, THOMAS LEE, HOWDY, CAMERON QUANTZ

Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

AND......

EUROMAZING, LILY MUNSTER, SCRAMBLED LEGS, MILKY WAY EYES, NUEVA NOVA

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

AND FINALLY....

GEORGE JETS ON, ROSY RETURNS, SPIDERMAN, JACKI KROPF, EMERALD ENCHANTMENT

Hemlady, thanks for the rainy day pick-me-up, that was a very nice parade of blooms!

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks Robin and Virginia Rose. Our growing season is great. Some DL getting off to a late start because of cloudy rainy days. Flooding nearby but not here. I like the pinks and reds the most.

Open so far this morning are Black Falcon, one that was traded as but is NOT Moonlight Masquerade, and a miniature that may be Little Dickens. More opening today.

BTW Jolyene Nichole is up for grabs. Took 3 years for her to bloom, while she developed a nice clump. But in the meantime I have surrounded her with prairie flowers and she looks so out of place! Black Falcon is another I would like to share. Outgrowing her space!

Gypsy

Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen
Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Key To My Heart

Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Cindy, this is a nice rainy day pick-me-up here also! I love HEAVENLY HARMONY, BOGIE and MILKY WAY EYES!!

*~* Great pictures everyone! Mine are waterlogged again!

Gypsy, some people here do not have many daylilies and would be happy to pay shipping on anything you would like to share!

Good Night, have a great weekend everyone!

Group photo, large bed out front with 52 daylilies in there. lol.

Thumbnail by virginiarose

Susan, you have a great weekend also! Love your group photo. We got 4 more inches of rain with flood warnings and lots of it is in my basement. If only I could pump it to California, I know a few gardeners there that could really use it.

Gypsy, I bet there is something on your 'want' list that I have, I'll take a look. If someone else gets to you first, I'm totally okay.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Susan and Robin!!!!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Robin, thanks for the compliment. Sorry to hear of the flooding there, I know California would love a few extra inches. Last month I was thinking the same thing about Texas they got enough rain to cover the whole state in 8 inches! Poor California!

*~*

Finally some photos, these are from this morning, first thing too, see the vivid colors.

TOPGUNS BANDIT'S BANDANA, OCEAN RAINBOW, COSMIC KALEIDOSCOPE, PRINCESS DIANA, MAGNIFICENT MAGPIE

Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

More from this morning. I was on a roll. lol.

TAHITIAN SHORES, STONE ISLAND, LIPS OF FIRE, BAJA CALIFORNIA, ANIAKCHAK, BUTTERFLY MOUNTAIN (bottom)

Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

A few more. *~*

WALKING IN BEAUTY, FROSTING ON THE CAKE (ffo), COLOR FLASH, BUTTERFLY MOUNTAIN, CARNIVAL IN MEXICO (ffo)

Happy Sunday!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Hemlady welcome back. Beautiful blooms everyone. Aniakchak does well here also Susan.

That was a real nice roll, lot's of watermarks in that grouping.

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Surprise! This one did not bloom last year and I don't recall where it came from.

Cheddar Cheese. I LOVE this one. You can see the blooms from a mile away, and I counted over 30 buds on one stalk last year. It will bloom through October.

Winsome Lady smells amazing.

Little Wart will also bloom for a long time, and it increases very quickly.

This message was edited Jun 28, 2015 5:09 PM

Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Apple Swirl
Art gallery Irridescense
Drop Cloth
Lime Peel
Purple Cheetah

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar

I LOVE Cheddar Cheese too...what a great color! However, you can't beat fragrance, when are they going to come out with scratch and sniff monitors? I'd love to smell Winsome Lady, I haven't yet had the pleasure of smelling some real fragrance from a Daylily.

Purple Cheetah looks expensive. Drop Cloth made me laugh, she's so well named.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

I think Purple Cheetah goes for about $75. Drop Cloth would be quite a bit less.

Thanks Gary. : )

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Robin "Gingerjar is Don and Hostages is Gary. I sometimes get things mixed up also. LOL! Some new blooms to share.
All American Chief
Kisses Like Wine
Cameroon Nights - Genna you were right on the name on this one.
Priscilla's Rainbow
Thin Man - two blooms

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the welcome back Mike!!!

SILOAM DOUBLE CLASSIC, BUDDY'S BETSY, LEROY, DOUBLE POM PON, MILKY WAY EYES

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

And a few more today.....

CURLY CINNAMON WINDMILL, REBEKAH'S GOTHIC SPIDER, CALYPSO DANCER, LIGHTHOUSE FREE GIFT, DOUBLE OLD IVORY

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Romancing Summer
Caesar's Head
Seminole Wind
Just Fabulous
Chief Four Fingers

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Cindy we cross posted. Lovely blooms. A few more.
Bertie Ferris
Strawberry Candy
Seedling
Shishedo
Hot Papaya

This message was edited Jul 5, 2015 11:36 AM

Thanks for the correction Mike...thanks Don!

Beautiful blooms Cindy and Mike (Hot Papaya included), I can't believe the show on this thread.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Mike, does your Chief Four Fingers have only three fingers a lot? Mine sure does. However, today it had two blooms and both were polys. I haven't got todays labeled yet, but I'll post it in a day or so.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Very nice seedling Mike!!! Is it from Emerald Starburst???

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Quote from iowhen :
Surprise! This one did not bloom last year and I don't recall where it came from.

Cheddar Cheese. I LOVE this one. You can see the blooms from a mile away, and I counted over 30 buds on one stalk last year. It will bloom through October.

Winsome Lady smells amazing.

Little Wart will also bloom for a long time, and it increases very quickly.

This message was edited Jun 28, 2015 5:09 PM

I love Cheddar Cheese, thanks for the information! Little Wart is an adorable little daylily. :)

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Daylilies blooming on the last day of June........

LIGHTHOUSE NEON GALAXY, JAN'S TWISTER, LILLIAN'S VAPOR TRAIL, NEVER NEVER LAND, STARMAN'S QUEST

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

And......

CURLY CINNAMON WINDMILL, PHENOMENAL PHOENIX, MOMENTUM, RUFFLES A LA MODE, PRIMAL SCREAM

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

And also blooming......

HARRY BARRAS, DEAN COREY, BEES CONNIE SHARON, LITTLE HEAVENLY ANGEL, AMERICAN FREEDOM

Cindy, is LITTLE HEAVENLY ANGEL all I thought she was cracked up to be? Thanks for sharing your blooms!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Beautiful daylilies everyone! I love this thread, especially the occasional off topic flower we sneak in, kinda breaks it up a bit and brings a smile. :)

I absolutely love MILKY WAY EYES!! Got to get that one along with CHIEF FOUR FINGERS, that is such an amazing daylily. I saw some with 5 fingers too! I also have ALL AMERICAN CHIEF, Cameroon Nights & SILOAM DOUBLE CLASSIC on my wish list for fall. There is so much eye candy here so I will add a few of my own.

*~*

CRAZY IVAN, FRANK'S STAR OF BETHLEHEM, LAVENDER BLUE BABY, GRANDMA'S SMILE, COSMIC KALEIDOSCOPE

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Beautiful Cindy!!

ANIAKCHAK, SOUTHERN WIND, BUTTERFLY MOUNTAIN, FIJI, FROSTING ON THE CAKE

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

More from this morning....

DR JERROLD CORBETT, JERRY NETTLES, MANGO NECTAR, LILIUM 'CANBERRA' ,TRIASSIC TEETH

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Yes Mipil, Little Heavenly Angel is a very fast grower and a good bloomer. I have had it for many years. On the downside, if you hybridize, it won't set pods but its pollen is good.

Thanks Susan. I am the creator of Milky Way Eyes so I am probably the only source at the moment. I can't recall selling anyone a fan. I may be moving it in the fall so maybe I can save you a couple of fans when I move it.

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Stella Supreme, moonlight Masquerade? Primal Scream, Black Falcon

Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen Thumbnail by iowhen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.