June Weather Green & Growing

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I have been a guinea pig for thunderstorms today across Ohio. Thunderhead #1 tried to blow everyone off the road. #2 tried to drown us and flood us off the road. #3 tried to electrocute us - no time to duck tween light and thunder. Then when the evening sun peeked out it gave us a sunbow around the sun. Average temp was 77°

Thumbnail by kittriana
Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

77°/95°/76° Sunny, very very sunny.

Always amazes me how a tree so big doesn't have any roots. This is up the street from us from the storm three days ago.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I like the yellow tape around it to keep it from tipping back upright. LOL!

My neighbor burns wood, so he will cut it up.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They are calling for a high of 90F. Currently it is sunny and 66F. No high winds around here now. We don't get them in the summer.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

High 70s for high. A storm came through and knocked the temp down several degrees so it feels great out!! Tomorrow it's back to the high 90s and high humidity.

My riot of lilies and other stuff.

Thumbnail by pepper23

We got sandwiched between the east and west coast sea breeze rains last evening, but it was a nice mild rain and cooled us down to 77° Can't complain about that. Same story for today 94° then rain.

Bernie, I guess the tape is so someone doesn't keep walking on the sidewalk, crawl over the tree and continue walking, instead of walking out in the street around it all. ☺☺☺.

Pepper gorgeous lilies ♥

They are calling for a high of 91F. Currently it is 65F and sunny. Stop me if you've heard this one.

93 currently with heat index in the low 100s. One more day like this then we cool down to the 80s for awhile.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

80's partly sunny today

They are calling for a high of 92F. It will probably be more like 94 or 95F at the house.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Nice day here, a little warm, sunshine.
75º

Mountain View, HI

Getting a few more showers than usual which keeps the garden wet under foot. still warm and humid. Not much sun today and around 78-82f. Light trade winds.

OK Pepper, now I want to grow lilies. This is one I grow in fact the only one

Thumbnail by microb

Hot and humid today with temps in the low 90s for high but now 86, windy and cloudy with rain north and south of me. It's supposed to fill in tonight and I hope it does. After this round of scorching heat I need rain.

I love that lily!! Very vibrant!!

Dutch Red Orienpet lily and some coneflowers.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Beautiful flowers !!!

upper 70's like 78 and partly sunny to cloudy ,

They're calling for a high of 92F. Currently it is 69F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Storms looking to happen here ,intermittent communication outages currently.
74 Degrees
Flood warning
Flash flood watch
high pollen alert
storm warning .

White River is over flood stage here , Around town and the park area are sometimes underwater ,, makes a mess

73 and cloudy here. Some rivers flooding again but flash floods done here for now. Got about an inch or two here, my best friend got almost 3 inches and her basement flooded again.

Caught a pic of a hummer a bit ago. Couldn't believe my eyes!! lol

Thumbnail by pepper23
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

72° and hazy. Dusty in Green Bay

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

77º
Partly cloudy, high humidity.

Got to about 77 with part sun all day. We did have a crazy hard rain just after 3pm. Lasted about 10 min then was done.

Deformed Dutch Red lily. I kinda like it. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23

Yesterday got up to 95F. They are calling for a high of 91F today. Currently it is 69F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

71 /53 , 66 currently ,
Flood Warning
Pollen alert
cloudy Windy
rained all night last night . no rain and cloudy now
feels kinda cold
Rain was suppose to go to the West Coast ,,

80 and getting dark now. All in all not a bad day temp wise.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Temps have climbed from 65° to 72° at dark where I am now in Charleston, Mo. I guess the pepper sauces belong right at home with the fireworks...

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

It was 73F and 71% humidity when I came downstairs this morning. Humidity is coming up from the south, probably the remains of some tropical storm. This will make the Texas rangers bloom. They are calling for a high today of 95F. Yuck.

I like hot stuff, but DH got me a bottle of ghost pepper sauce and it's too much for me. I have to use a tiny bit at a time.

Mountain View, HI

Hot and humid, little or no wind, mostly blue sky, no rain. Mid 80s will feel like mid 90s. We are supposed to be living in a rain forest. Whats happening and its only end of June.

Had a 5.2 earthquake last night. No big deal but it does wake you up!

Back into the 80s today. 85 currently with a breeze or there was one at one time anyways. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I suspect when microb gets proper weather back online, Ca may get showers. Jonesboro, Ar 102° on my dash when I parked, dropped to 98° after I tilted the hood to allow air under there. Sunny with a few whiffs of breezes. I have not been properly acclimated to the south yet, whew!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

An 80 degree day , sunny for most of the day ,
Wind is steady here 5 to 8 mph ,
cloudy now , chance of rain rising ,

Only supposed to get up to 86° today, only because it is going to rain earlier than normal... a mini front coming down.

Pretty coneflowers, Pepper.

71F and 67% humidity this morning. They are calling for a high of 96F. The humidity will have dropped off by then but still, yuck.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

72/61 68 now .
cloudy
20% chance of rain
Rained most of last night into daylight hours this morning

Currently 97F

85 for high and sunny.

Hilo Laotian squash. It's already grown another 2 feet in all directions in just a couple days. Already have shield bugs and I think squash bugs showing up though. Breaking out the sprayer tomorrow.

Thumbnail by pepper23

It was nice yesterday since it was raining all day, at least it was cooler. Looks like today back to normal, high 91° and a chance of showers later on.

It doesn't take the bugs long to find the vegetables.

I've never had a problem with Lubbers grasshoppers until this year, they can do in a whole plant in a night.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

It got up to 100F yesterday. Today they are calling for a high of 97F,which means it will be 100F at the house. It was already 75F at 7:30AM. There are still some traces of humidity in the air.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

High of 92° today, BUT! Thunderheads rolled in and we have 'areal' flood advisory til 1800...74° now in New Caney, Texas. Light drizzle falling now the majority of the theatrics have calmed down. Still thunder rolling and lightning tho...

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

No rain here today but will tomorrow morning. Today was overcast mostly and a bit humid but tolerable.

This little stinker keeps getting into my potting mix bag. I had hoped he was gone though today I was smart enough to dump the soil by the bag instead of sticking my hand there again. Not sure what he is though.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Earth snake or garter. Our rough earth snakes are tiny and fast- barely bigger than the earthworms they eat, tho we do have some pretty big nightcrawlers. Hes a good snake

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cloudy to partly sunny 80 degree day

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.