June Weather Green & Growing

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Beautiful flower fields Kelli, I imagine it is hard to keep all that irrigated. Lots of our vegetables in the markets here are from Calif.

Looks like you can copy and paste this for all week here, 74°/94°/74° and maybe a slight chance of rain each afternoon, one can only hope.

Blood lily blooms once a year, but worth the wait.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They are calling for a high of 91F. Currently it is 95F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Mosquitoes are terrible , sun is hot , humidity is unbearable
Official temperature is 80.3 but .
It Feels miserably Hot !!!

I am sitting here witting , yes , I know , I know ,, I could still be typing it's too cold ,

This message was edited Jun 16, 2015 5:55 PM

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Mass, Boston's western fringes. 73° and clearing skies, but it has rained again all day til this afternoon.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Was cooler this morning but not sure what the temp ended up at. Got stuck inside today at work so never made it outside til it was cool again. lol

They're calling for a high of 92F again today. If it's anything like yesterday, it will reach 95F. It is already feeling hot in the house though I won't turn the air conditioner on until after 1PM. It's going to be hot like this the rest of the week. Heck, it just might be like this the rest of the summer. That's a depressing thought.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

77º, feels like 101º.
Thunder storms later today.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

rain ,, rain,, and more rain ,, lightly , although , everlasting seems to the theme ,,
Be nice to save this for a dry time ,
83 degrees ,, and rain ,, Did I forget to say ? it is raining ,, has been raining , and continues for the future history ,

No rain today, just clouds and oppressive humidity. 84 for high.

I'll take some of that rain, juhur.

They are calling for a high of 92F. It will probably be more like 96F at the house.

More Lompoc flower fields, these are larkspur.

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

The larkspur are Beautiful ,!!! Kelli I would send you the rain , all you wanted ,,need the wind to cooperate .
83sunny a while ago 90 was the Heat index .

Cloudy the past hour sprinkling rain , working up a storm , cooling down in a hurry

Here we have a 50 to 80 % chance of rain everyday , for the next ten days

It has rained all but one day , during the past 12 days ,

94F so far today.

81, humid and thundering but no rain here yet.

Mountain View, HI

Enjoying the pics!

No weather to report - just the regular tradewinds, night time showers, sun and cloud during the day. Luckily at our elevation we get a little more cloud during the day to keep it cooler, upper 70s. Near 90 in Honolulu.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Rained all night last night , rained all morning , it quit raining about noon a few minutes ago .
67 degrees
overcast ,
waiting for rain to start again , water is standing everywhere ground is saturated now .
rains start again it will likely begin to cause floods here ,

They are calling for a high of 95F. It is currently 84F so I think it will get hotter than 95F.

More Lompoc flower fields and a celery field

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli

83 currently and cooler today. Tomorrow we have a heat advisory with temps supposed to be in the mid 90s and heat index in the low 100s with high humidity on top of it.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

About where we made to , those 80's
73 now ,, still cloudy and rainy looking , but no rain since noon

Might be better if it did get sunny and 100 degrees ,, by the 4 or 5 th day , the humidity would " "cook off " , of course the first 2 days would require an air conditioned hideaway maybe a third
That or a nice Cool Pool to hide in ,,?

oops , nice pics Kelli , pics are better than walking there in those temperatures

This message was edited Jun 19, 2015 6:47 PM

As many bugs as we have falling out of the trees right now, a pool is the last thing we want. Can't wait until they are gone!

Juhur, it wasn't hot at the Lompoc flower fields. They get ocean influence which keeps it cooler.

No ocean influence here today. They are calling for a high of 96F. Right now it is 68F. The popular beaches like Santa Monica and Venice will be packed today.

We have finally been getting some afternoon thunderstorms, and they've been wicked. Yesterday our subdivision got some of the heaviest winds I've seen since the hurricanes of 2004 and hail the size of nickles. Everyone was out cleaning debris this morning. Some huge uprooted oak trees today.

It is 91° right now and I hear thunder coming again.

The flower fields are so beautiful, I remember how nice and cool Santa Monica always stays, the kind of temps flowers love.

94 currently. The only saving grace today is the breeze we have. It kept miserable from being truly miserable. lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sunshine at sunset , cloudy all day ,
84 ? degrees
a light sprinkle drop or two , air sweat , lol

Mowed some of swamp today , have to clean the machinery now ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

South Bend, Ind, same as Ju has at suppertime here. Hazy clouds and sunshine and heat.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Officially it says 77 degrees , the thermometer here still says 80 . Still it feels hotter , 84 or 85 was the high ,
Humidity and water around , or so i would guess ,makes it steamy anyway ,

Officially I've dropped one degree. Doesn't feel bad in the shade though.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

pepper , That might be ? but the degree of the measure of the matter ,, Still sounds like your getting warmer to me , ^_^
and if or when you find the comfort zone ? send some my way ^_^

They are calling for a high of 92F. Currently it is sunny and 66F.

On another web site they were talking about the population at DG really dropping off. What do you think? I know I get fewer responses on other threads than I used to.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes . lots of folks have left , lots have stayed though ,
74 degrees here
We a big thunderstorm and lots of rain last night , 3am , to about 5;30 am

Mountain View, HI

Hot and Humid, sunny mid 80s, chainsawing saplings that are supporting overhead bamboo canes 60ft high, raking bamboo leaves, melting from head to toe.

Are we allowed to mention the other site where familiar names are showing up. Also DG mentions hundreds of thousands of members but check out paying members - only 2 or 3 in Hawaii. Sad but there is nothing so permanent as change.

Still like DG though. So far good information and great folks.

My computer is showing 86 but not sure that's accurate. Lots of clouds and a nice breeze. If the bugs and worms weren't so bad I'd be out in it working.

Wasn't too bad yesterday, in the shade, the humidity was real low. No rain.
Today same old same old, mid 90's, and chance of rain.

I've always noticed a drop of chit chatting on the forums in the summertime, think more are out gardening, things seem to be more active in the winter months. FL forums lost some oldies, but we have quite a few new members too....seems to be about the same to me.

Actually I think FB has caused many website forums to dwindle over the years.

This message was edited Jun 22, 2015 7:28 AM

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Big storms here this morning. One big tree down in our yard. Numerous power lines down around the area.
Now it is just windy.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Foggy, damp, comfy temp. Still in South Bend awaiting repairs, sigh. Summertime less housebound folks. FB tends to get too chatty and folks get disgruntled with it. Gotta make hay while the sun shines...

They are calling for a high of 93F. Currently it is sunny and 65F.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

How much rain did you get Bernie?
After all the constant downpours it amounted to 3".
think that is enough for my sand and weeds for a couple of days.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

9/10" this morning with a up to 100MPH wind. Took down a huge tree in our yard & busted up a good sized Black Walnut. No electric from 8 AM until 2:45 PM.
Greenhouses all stood their ground.
Now sunshine & 82º.
Since April 1st, 22 days of rain for a total of 10". Once .95 & today .9. Just right!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

86 degrees .89 the index
partly cloudy
60 % chance of rain
lightly muddy ,,forest like ,, not bad .

Currently 89 with a nice breeze here but pretty stiff at my grandma's place. I'm completely surrounded by hills and trees so the breezes tend to ruffle the tops of the trees while I wave and beg for it to come down to me. lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.