June Weather Green & Growing

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Another month has passed.
We came out of our drought in May. Crops look good here.
Sorry for people in flooding areas, hope things get normal in June.

Cloudy & 52º this morning. Sun later.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It is 61F and cloudy. (It will not rain. It's just clouds off of the ocean.) They are calling for a high of 81F. If it doesn't make it, I won't be disappointed.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Flowers for June Clematis and rose , pretty !!!

54 now 52 most of the day ,high was forecast to be 67 ,, it is a warm as t is going to be
Cloudy , rainy , gray , windy day , cold after all the 80's

Thumbnail by juhur7
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

We didn't make the expected high. The sun didn't shine either and it has felt heavy outside all day. But not humid, just wet almost. 63 currently.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Same here , 59 was all , it is that now 2 hours of sunshine at sunset ..
I think I like 80 degree weather better , takes more sweat and water for me that way ,, But I am sure ,,lol

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

June came in with some rain, so much needed here, looks like more today. My rain barrel is full again, so I'm a happy camper. It has been nice with no skeeters, but now they're gonna wake up.

I found this interesting...Top 20 worst cities for mosquitoes, according to Orkin...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/05/19/top-20-mosquito-cities-pest-control/27571673/

Interesting about the mosquitoes. I know that if I don't put mosquito pellets in the rain barrel, I'll have mosquito larvae in about three days.

They are calling for a high of 80F. The day did not start off cloudy so I'm guessing it will get hotter than that. Right now it is 68F.

75 for high today with off and on clouds. Didn't get anything done outside. Another day.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Strong south wind all day. Put a damper on garden work.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

74 degrees today , dry, partly sunny , ground still soggy ,, lots of mowers going anyway ,

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

62 this morning , cloudy , light wind 2 or 3 mph , hazy thus far , humid ,,
high is forecast 74 -76 degrees F

They are calling for a high of 76F today. Right now it is 61F and cloudy.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

65º, cloudy, sprinkles off & on.
Good day for transplanting into the garden. We did Cauliflower, Okra, 3 kinds of Muskmelons & now working on cherry tomatoes in a hoop house. 3 workers, it goes fairly fast.

Pouring down rain. Been under a flash flood warning since early this morning and will be for another 2 hours. 64 of what was supposed to be a high of 80s today.

After a nice bunch of days of some much needed rain. looks like a week up making it up to 90°. lows in the low 70's. Always the chance of rain.

Mosquito dunks have helped tremendously around my garden. I put them in the fountain, rain barrel, bird baths and even sprinkle them around a low lying area the mosquitoes like. In 24 hours we noticed a big difference.

You need to look for the ingredient, bacillus thuringiensis, that is what works. I get mine at the DIY pest control. Will not harm animals, fish or plants.

Rain lilies

Thumbnail by sunkissed

They are calling for a high of 74F. It is currently cloudy and 61F. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but days like this I call days of grace because if it wasn't cloudy it would be up in the 90s.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

70 now ,, probably lower 80's for the high today ,,
sunny
calm to 8mph winds ,
20% chance of rain ,

75 currently and humid. More rain on the way tonight and tomorrow.

Mountain View, HI

HOT and humid with light winds. 84f feels like 88f at Hilo airport. 4pm and our thermometer in the shade still says 82f and we are at 2200ft.
Its going to be a hot summer I think.

They are calling for a high of 75F today. Currently it is cloudy and 60F. There is a 20% chance of rain. We call that 'joke of the day'.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Whitestown, Ind temporarily, 78° and looks like I will sunburn before I leave town! Poor Colorado! Wicked weather

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Here too ,,78 degrees sunny ,, chance of rain tonight ,
about 59 the low

Officially 84 the high today ,, garden was 90 something , car thermometer said 92 ,,
anyway , it was warm and at 81 now , it kind of still is ,,
8 mph approx the breeze .
Humidity about 70 %
Wondering about summer ,

This message was edited Jun 5, 2015 8:15 PM

83 was the high today with high humidity and no rain.

Rains made up for loss yesterday, even a bit of hail. Lightning was wicked, house shook from the thunder. Having a BBQ today, so hopefully not a repeat.

High 89° chance of more thunderstorms as east and west sea breezes collide. Skeeters have hatched....doesn't take them long. :-(

They are calling for a high of 79F. I'll bet it will top 80F at our house. Right now it is sunny and 59F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

cloudy and about 68 now
forecast is 77
nice comfortable as it is now

penstemon

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

81° plus, Gordonsville, Va clouds and breezes and busy bees!

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

No clouds this morning so they are calling for 90F. We'll spend the afternoon indoors watching baseball. Right now it is 60F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

76 degrees F forecast is for 89
Humidity 64%
SSW 10 mph
Calling for strong thunderstorms today 60 to 80 % chances of that
Sunny now ,

Mountain View, HI

Hot and humid, a few showers overnight and a breeze is trying to cool things down but failing.
About 80f but feels like 90f. Tried doing yard work but melted. Not much change forecast for the next few days.

Yesterday was hot and humid, temp about 84 for high, with no breeze in Alton, IL. Today here (home) and there it's currently 90 and we have a nice enough breeze to make it tolerable. Still humid but better than it was.

Got up to 94° F. Not humid.

They're calling for a high of 98F. I could do without that. It is already 66F. I could tell when I got out of bed that it was going to be a hot one.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cool and rainy here , 15 mph , breeze , about 64 degrees
official 71 degrees ,, it i not though ,,

90 yesterday was plenty ,,

It's Hot.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Hot here, too. 83º
Planted peppers & watermelons today. They should grow fast.
93º for tomorrow.

100F at 2PM. (Yep, that's Kelli. Always has to one-up everyone.)

85 for high today with super bright sunshine and some humidity. We get a break from rain for a few days. Enough time for rivers and creeks to go back down some.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Colby, Wis 66° rain passed thru. Wisconsin has 2 colors. White or Green. Green is now. Chuckl, I get tickled at these accents here...

LOL@ Kelli

Nice Kittriana can give us reports from all over the country. ☺

71°/92°/72° Might rain, creeks are very low.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.