CLOSED: Let's Decorate The Garden Swap

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

good for you, kat! I am going over to a co worker's after work tonight , my car is loaded with plants for her new place. My car looks like a rolling greenhouse right now, I will have to get them all inside when it gets hot, tho. right now it is still cool and it just sprinkled a bit. I am going to make tags for her stuff while I am sending out emails and calling customers. So far , I am very very Bored, here today.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Sounds like your going to be busy helping your friend with all her new plants!

Oh I am just going to unload, answer her questions and get on home. I have Rose's 34th birthday dinner tomorrow, and she is wanting buffalo hot wings, and I am using the Buffalo recipe from Joe's mom up in Buffalo, where the originals came from. She ( Rose) is on weight watchers,. so I told her to "save" some points, and we are mashing caulifower instead of potatoes, and having lots of "free" veges for her. Joanna is making her a weight watchers recipe birthday cake. Her birthday is actually the 11th, but she will be down in Texas with her Aunt Paula, as Paulas' birthday is the 14th, they will have blast . My Birthday present to her was the plane ticket.

Awe, sounds like it will be a nice party, and I know she will love going to Texas to visit her friend.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Debra i love sharing plants with people for sure. I have done it several times over theyeas too. Sounds like a yummy dinner too. I have never done the mashed cauliflower but want to try it. Hope you had a wonderful day after work that is. My son leaves Texas today. He has been in the Army for 8 years and is now getting out of the Army. He seems really nervous for sure. But he will do great. He is actually going to join the National Guard in Kentucky. So he will be moving there in a couple months. So he will be busy looking for a job and all that fun stuff. Its way closer than Texas. So good for him. Have a great day all.

Don't be surprised if he rejoins the army. A lot of men think they did 8 years and that is enough, and they end up going back in.

I ended up staying at her house for an hour and a half taking about stuff, ( Me mostly listening)
it is a nice home in a "HOA" and she is very smart to buy one like that at her age. Anyhoo, now she is giving me ideas on landscaping, her yards are like a blank canvass. This am she told me she got everything planted except for the peony roots, she needs to figure a spot for them.

The Pre-Birthday Party was great I bet I cooked a hundred buffalo wings, the cake was wonderful will post pic of it later. The mashed cauliflower was devoured by a couple men before we told them it was cauliflower, so you know it was good.
Easy, that is for sure, she seasons hers with salt and pepper.

Some guys love the service it makes them feel useful and you can't fight that.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

5 more days ladies unti you get your nams.
if you haven't been in one of my swaps, please send me your address

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I know i am looking forward to the swap. Thanks for hosting. Will be a lot of fun.

you have my addy, right? It is in the address exchange as well..

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

yes debra I have your addy

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I will be giving name out Friday instead ofsaturday, if there are no bjection

No problem here.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Fine with me

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

candi, I need your addy please

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Early is fine with me!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

if you did not get a name, please let mr know asap

I got my name, can't wait...
mostly Kathy, I wanted to give you a long big {{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}} as I know you are going through a tough time right now.

I got my name too.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Got mine and hope to have it ready to mail by Wednesday.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I got mine. I had forgotten to look so thanks so much for doing this swap. Looking forward to it very much.

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

i gotta name, too!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

got my name toooo......
can we chat with our partners to find out what they like or is it a secret???

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I dont see why we couldnt so that alikat. I think it would be a great idea. But i am not the leader of this thread.... not meaning to step on toes.
Happy Mothers day to everyone. May you have a peaceful family filled day.

HAPPY MUDDERS DAY! pass me another cuppa, peas!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Happy Mother's Day!!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

NO TELLING PARTNERS

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Carole,
Received your package today, my son came and picked me up from work and wanted to know what I had ordered. A very nice surprise after working 12 hours. Just wanted to say thank you and I love, love, love them both.

She sent me a Bird Plant Pick, Teal beautiful and a solar flower that will stand almost 35 inches with the pole.

How did you know that I am adding more solar items to my garden? LOL

Again, thanks so much, love them both and you were really on the ball. Mine is boxed except for a few items and hope to now have it in the mail by Thursday.

Kathy

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

great box

OMG! Yall would not beleive all the frogs popping outta boxes on me porch!!! Thanks to me big sis, KATHY, i received a SENIOR FROG, relaxing on a lilly pad. Says "Welcome to my pad!" Also, got a trio of frogs relaxing in ol tires...jist swinging at the ol water hole!

Of course for sum stupid reason, me camera dos not want to play nicely with my computer. I know it works......jist used it Sunday.

But lov and kisses big sis.....! am luving them so much!!!!

so happy you all got boxes already.. mine won't be ready until this weekend. yippee!

Can't wait to see what you all got!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Aw, wonderful presents... sound so cute. I love my garden treasures. Like christmas ornaments. Only better. Lol.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm glad you were pleased, Kathy. I'm a big fan of solar myself.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

My box will be on the way too......????? Hope they like it.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Jax my seester, iam glad you like your frogs. did you have nurse frog check them out?

........of course she did! nothing gits in me garden without nurse frog giving a physical! I must add that Dr. Ruffert has outdone he self this year. really beautiful! Plan to send me box out this weekend.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

My box will hopefully go out tomorrow. Still having car issues but think that my son's GF will take after work

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Took my box to the PO, said that it will be delivered on Saturday., Kathy

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

okie dokie,smokie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.