April is Awesome!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

We have a neighbor that has a dog that roams our neighborhood. He is a rescue dog and does not like to stay in his yard! The only way they can keep him at home is to keep him in the house. They have a fenced yard but he jumps the fence! He needs to be at a home out in the country where he has plenty of space to roam in. I see him all over the neighborhood. It gets agravating!
Especially when I have dog poop in my front yard! We have a creek running through the neighborhood and his favorite thing to do is play in the creek. He tries to catch fish!

Marilyn Richard's dentist appointment went fine. They are so nice to him. He never has to wait. He just had two very small fillings that he was able to do without even deadening. I go back with him and stay while they work on him. That makes him feel better. I put him in the car before I paid the bill! We next have a consultation with the oral surgeon. That's the one I'm dreading!

Sorry about Al's knee Marilyn but sometimes at his age you just can't get it back to where it was in younger years.

I hope things went well for Jerry and Sandra yesterday.

I had hoped to get out in the yard and do some things today but it is very cloudy and looks like it could rain any minute.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

You all may have gotten the same information but in case you didn't I just got a text from Sandra saying Jerry will have surgery in Birmingham Monday. They will repair the tendon and do a skin graft. His broken bone has not been set. They plan to do that Thursday.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Charlotte, thanks for the info about Jerry. I hope Jerry's surgery will go well and that he will get some relief after the bone is set too. Will he have to stay in the hospital in Birmingham until they set the bone? When my friend was going thru cancer treatment down there there was a hotel-type facility that out-of-town family members could stay in. Not sure it is available for anyone but it might be worth checking out.

We are supposed to get storms tonight and tomorrow afternoon too. Earl is staying in Birmingham thru Sunday with our youngest son's and DIL's kids while they are in San Diego. Matt had a business trip out there and Jennie went out on Wednesday. She got a black Camaro convertible for a rental car. I told Earl all she had to do was open her mouth and say something and those guys would have given her the keys to anything she wanted with that southern accent of hers (& she is very attractive). I'm sure she is enjoying every minute of it instead of her mini-van! The kids are out of school today so they will have fun. He's mostly the driver to get them to/from practice and games, lol! Busy kids. I think the youngest (Evan, 10) has a birthday party this afternoon. I was going to drive down tomorrow but if it is raining and storming I may re-think that.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Charlotte, glad to hear the dental appt went well. It is wonderful that you have found an office that will take special care with him.

Elaine, sounds like Earl is going to have lots of fun! I'm with you and hope that Jennie enjoys that Camaro! When they came back out with the Camaro, I used to joke with the kids that when it came our in convertible that I was going to get one. Sure enough a couple of years later - there they were..... but of course, I am still driving my suburban. As Leigh would say, where on earth am I going to put all my plants and mulch if I get a convertible! ^_^

It is raining here again!! I sure wish we could store some of this up because I know later I am going to be wishing for rain, but at the moment I am sick of it! NOT to mention I am tired of all the mosquitos and all this rain just multiplies the already millions by more! Leigh found this article about plants that repel mosquitoes..... I think I might need to buy several of each!

http://plantcaretoday.com/13-plants-repel-mosquitoes.html Most of them would not be available anywhere around here. :(

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

This post edited because although I have LOST several posts over the years after typing them - this is the first time I ever managed to have one post twice!!
Sorry about that.....

This message was edited Apr 24, 2015 10:19 AM

Ripley, MS

I sent a few texts as I had too many chores on my list today, but have a few minutes now to post.

Cindy, Jerry hasn't played his guitar at all for at least 2 years now, he has a good bit of arthritis in his hands, he sings to a CD most of the time. I think his singing will be just fine to continue.
In fact, he should have a little more time to learn some new ones when he gets to feeling better!
God has protected and provided for us all these years, and His hand is still on us today.
As far as his time off, we don't know. The lady from workers comp said some companies will put them back to work counting paper clips just to get them back to work. I know he will not go back until he can do without the pain meds. The plan is to do the surgery Monday, come home Monday night if it gets finished early enough, then we drive back out there Thurs for the orthopedic doctor to see about the broken bone. With both of these injuries on the same hand, I am not real sure how it will all work out. He did have plans to retire in March-2016. We will just take every day as it comes to us and rejoice he is still here with me !!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

How long a drive do you have to make every time you go to Birmingham?? I hope his company doesn't make him go back to work soon. There is no question it was the companies fault so I would think they would be very cooperative!

I had planned to work in the yard all day today but I've been in the house instead. It has rained here fairly hard and steady all day! I was hoping it would just drizzle on and off. I can handle working outside in a light drizzle but not a hard rain!!! The guys that are going to redo my walkways sent me a text today and they will be here Tues afternoon weather permitting. I have a lot I need to do before they get here. I have a bunch of columbine that is growning almost in the brick walkway. It is really full and pretty. I can't imagine I planted it there. I think it reseeded. I have about 6 big clumps I need to move somewhere. I also have a bunch of iris that have gotten into the walkway and need to move those. Lots of pine needles that still need to be cleaned off. I had gotten most of the pine needles off and then that hail knocked all that fuzzy looking stuff out of the trees. Tons of it to get up. We have had rain just about every day!! The day's it hasn't rained I've had other things to do. The Cabot strawberry festival is this weekend and I've told Richard and the couple I pick up a lot that I will take them to Cabot to get strawberries and that we will see what is going on at the festival.

I picked them up Mon afternoon and we all went for a long ride around town. I took them to our church meeting we do every other Wed. So Sat will be the third time I've picked them up this week. I don't usually pick them up that often. But it is a feel good kind of thing for me. They live in assisted living and don't get out except for when someone takes them. She also has Alzheimer's/dementia. They both seem to be in similar stages. So she and Richard make a good pair!! LOL It's also good for Richard. He really likes them and it's the only real socialization he gets.

Ripley, MS

Yes, Charolette, you would think the company would be VERY nice to him now for a while since we could bring a lawsuit. He has complained to everyone that would listen about the equipment he has to work with.

So glad you are able to get your friends out, we may all be in their situation one day and maybe someone will do that for us ! You are really blessed with the good health you have and I hope it continues for many many years !

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

For the moles, we have had good luck using the granular Castor Oil. We have to put it down about every 3 months, but it does work for us.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Well I don't know anything about moles but I've got to get my Hav a heart trap out!! I was looking out the backdoor this afternoon and saw what at first I thought was a large cat but then saw the markings and realized it was a raccoon!! Also way too big for a cat! He was going under the workshop to get out of the rain I'm sure. I just hate hauling those things off!!

Sandra I am blessed with good health and I thank the good Lord for it every day! I guess he knows I need my health to take care of everything!

Sandra, depending on what outcome Jerry has with his surgeries and recovery, I wouldn't rule out additional compensation for his injuries. I would talk to a lawyer and find out what your options might be. First visit is usually no cost, but get a good one who specializes in this sort of thing.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra I agree with Elaine!!

Ripley, MS

Yes, I know we have that option, but right now all that concerns me is his health and comfort. The highest MS pay is 460 a week. We have lived on a lot less than that before and right now I am not too worried about finances. As long as he is treated to the best care available is the only concern I have right now.
He slept a little better last night, not a lot. He just can't seem to get comfortable in the bed, his recliner is the most comfortable place he has found.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Sandra I agree that the devil sure has been after your faith lately!!! Guard it from him!!!! It hurt me to even look at the pictures of Jerry's arms!!! My prayers are with your family.

Cindy I ordered some caladiums from Bill but haven't gotten them in the ground, yet. My little deck has turned into a month long project. We're using that composite decking and now it's back ordered for 2 weeks, if I'm lucky.

happytail, I don't blame those moles for leaving!! EW, I remember how bad the liquid castor oil was and personally, I just as soon die as to ever have to take it again. Where do you find granular castor oil, my nursery didn't have it.

Lowes here carries it. The brand is Sweeneys, in a yellow bag. It isn't terribly expensive.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Trat!!! I was at HD today and could have checked. I'll try later in the week. Thanks!!!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

You think that would bother cats or dogs?

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I'm interested to know the answer to that, too. I don't want to put anythig out that would hurt Laddy, my Schnauzer. We let him wander around our acreage whenever we are outside in the gardens.

Charlotte, Al put in two raised beds several years ago and lined them with concrete blocks. They are 6 blocks long and 4 blocks wide each. Not very big but enough for us. (We also have another garden which used to be a dog pen. It is enclosed by 6 ft. high chain link fence and is about 10 x 20 ft.)They are only as high off the ground as one concrete block. We don't have problems with grass growing up through the dirt but the wind blows in lots of weed seeds. Next fall after the garden is done for the season, I am going to cover it with cardboard to keep out the weed seeds during the winter. All 3 of these gardens are on the back of our property which is not visible from the road but they get plenty of sun, although we have a lot of trees back there. The gardens are in an area where they aren't shaded by trees except in the late afternoon.

Sandra, prayers going up for safety in travel and a successful surgery for Jerry! Hugs to you both!
Time to get ready for church. You ladies have a good day!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I covered my garden area with cardboard this winter. I used big cardboard boxes (I have a never ending supply) flatted. So that would be at least 2 layers of cardboard boxes. I overlapped them so in a lot of areas it was actually 4 layers. All I had to do was pull the card cardboard off and I then just layed it down along the outside of the box to help with weeds. The bed had no weeds when I uncovered it and lots of worms!

I have a family that really needs prayers. My first cousin on my dad's side lost her first cousin on her mom's side yesterday. She died very expectantly. I'm guessing she was late 50's but not sure. The sad thing is she and her severely autistic son lived with her 93 year old mother. The son's dad left them years ago as he couldn't handle having an autistic child. The son is in his late 30's. They live in my neighborhood. I didn't know it but the 93 grandmother has now buried all 3 of her children. She has one sister still living (the baby of the family). She is in her early 70's. So there are a lot of decisions that now must be made. The grandmother is originally from LA and I think they are going to try to get her back closer to family in LA. Her sister lives in LA. The son cannot live alone. He wonders the neighborhood looking for bugs. He is fascinated with insects. He comes into our garden area a lot and I talk to him when he is there. Sometimes he will talk and sometimes he will not. He knows I have a connection to his family and is comfortable with me. He was talking to me one day about how much he misses his grandfather. I know this is just going to be devastating for him. I feel so sorry for him. As my cousin said his grandmother is one tough lady - has buried all three of her children, her husband and raising an autistic grandson!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I'm adding my prayers Charlotte!!! It is always hard for autistic children at any age to adjust to change. I pray that God will be with this family as I know he will.

This makes me more aware that we need to cherish the people that are placed in our lives b/c there is no guarantee of tomorrow for any of us. We lost Joann, 18 years ago today. So as I type this my heart screams with that lost!!! Terrie and I had lunch yesterday and talked about how much her grief group has helped her deal with Cameron's untimely journey home and I have been tossing the idea of starting not running a grief group at our church. The only qualifications I have are a hug and a pray. There was nothing like that when Joann died. We talked with a counselor as a family but all she did was cry with us. Didn't really help!! Cameron's BD is Wednesday and we're having a party for him. This may sound absolutely crazy and when we did it the 1st time for Joann we didn't tell anybody b/c we needed to do it but also knew how strange it was. It really helped us and we still celebrate her life here on earth and how she touched each of us.

I'm off to check the backyard after yesterday's rains.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Jeri I think that is an excellent idea. I think the main thing in a group of that type is the ability to come together with other people to share what you are feeling. People that are going through the same thing you are. You learn from one another. Our church has a grief group..

A friend of mine and her husband does a divorce care group every year. Similar to a grief group. Not sure if they do one or two sessions. They both went through bad divorces and decided to start this group 14 years or so ago. They do it through their church. They hold the sessions in their home. They meet once a week for so many weeks. They have been married for more than 20 years. It was something they saw the need for and decided to start.

I can understand the need to celebrate Cameron's birthday. What a tough week for you all with it being Cameron's birthday and also the anniversary of Joanne's death! Hugs to you!!!

I've got to get my walkways cleaned up today so the guys can start work on it this week. I came in to watch church (we do it online). Now I'm headed back out and have got to stay with it!! After I get the pine needles up I've got to move quite a few plants that have gotten to close to the walkway.

Ripley, MS

I don't know if any of you watched Parenthood, but I watched the entire series on Netflix this winter. There is a boy on there that is autistic, he loves bugs and he wants a birthday party about insects. They hire a man to come to the party with his collection of bugs, turns out he is also autistic, I wonder why they seem to like insects so much? When Cayla and
Eli were here we were outside and she showed him a small caterpillar crawling on the ground. He couldn't take his eyes off of it, and all of a sudden he started drooling, Cayla said she was told that is a symptom of autism, he doesn't even know he is doing it.

On the divorce group, I never really accepted that grief is there as mine was such a relief to me, my grieving was done before we ever separated and I was ready to move on by then. I was talking to a lady one day that said she wished she was a widow, instead of a divorcee, at least then she would know where her husband was, and as long as he lived she would never stop grieving for him.

Thumbnail by slcdms
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I don't know Sandra but his mother and grandmother taught him to read using books about insects. He always carries a little box with screen to put his bugs in. I understand he has a huge collection. He also has a really good pair of binoculars and will stand in one spot for a long time looking at something in the trees. A lot of people are afraid of him as he has no social skills. One older lady at our garden (not from our neighborhood) was really upset that he was in the garden. He looks on the leaves of plants for insects. She thought he was damaging the plants!! She got squash bug and thought he had damaged her plant!!! I had to have a real talk with her!

About the Mole Repellant, I have 4 dogs, and I don't have any ill effects from it. My guys dig and eat grass etc, and I don't have any problems. Ginger has caught and killed 3 of them, one of which ended up on my couch with her (yuck).

This message was edited Apr 26, 2015 9:19 PM

Ripley, MS

Does that picture of Eli looking at the caterpillar look weird to ya'll ? It does to me. Sometimes DG just doesn't process I phone pictures right.

We are in our hotel in Birmingham, got to be at the hospital at 6am and have to get up early enough to help Jerry with his last scrub with the pre surgery solution. They made him take 3 baths with it.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I'm glad that Yall made it already!!! Give you a chance to catch your breath a little before in the morning.

Sandra, it does look distorted. But cute! I don't know why it does that. Will be praying for y'all as you go thru the surgery tomorrow. I know it will go just fine.

I have been busy doing a little work in the yard this weekend. Friend and I went to the big arts festival in Humtsville Friday night. It was supposed to rain Saturday but we didn't get a drop. No storms thankfully. In just the last couple of days, blooms are really popping.

Thumbnail by OutsidePlaying Thumbnail by OutsidePlaying Thumbnail by OutsidePlaying Thumbnail by OutsidePlaying Thumbnail by OutsidePlaying

Another batch. Spotted this visitor to one of my feeders. I took these pics yesterday and there were even more iris blooming today.

Thumbnail by OutsidePlaying Thumbnail by OutsidePlaying Thumbnail by OutsidePlaying Thumbnail by OutsidePlaying Thumbnail by OutsidePlaying
Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Great pictures Elaine!!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes Sandra it does look somewhat distorted but like Elaine said very cute! Let us know how everything goes tomorrow.

I worked in the yard all day also. I had to take a break for a while. I sold a big piece of furniture and it had a lot of stuff sitting on it and I had stuff stored inside also. So I had to go down and do some straightening and a little rearranging.

I finally have all the pine needles off my walkways. It now needs to be swept to get all that fuzzy stuff that falls out of pine trees this time of year. I got all the columbine that was growing almost in the brick moved. I even had a cone flower coming up between the bricks in one section!! I've filled up two big trash cans with "stuff" I've pulled up. Still have tons more to go. I don't want to ever bring any thing else in the yard that is possibly invasive! Things grow too well in my back yard. Bee balm has even become invasive! I have the stuff growing up through hostas! I have something growing all over one area that I thought was an annual vine. I'm sure I had it in a container and it got on the ground. It's variegated and looks really pretty. I pulled some of it up and put it in a hanging basket.

Marilyn I hope you have better luck with your Crocosmia than I do with mine. That is one of the things I just can't get rid off. I think it's really pretty but it is all over my back yard. Places I never planted any. Of course it want bloom in the back as it's too shady. I guess the squirrels move it around. Mine also spreads like crazy! I dug most of it up in the front yard last year and it is bigger this year than what I dug up last year! I'm constantly pulling up it.

Elaine your yard looks really pretty. That's a really pretty Japanese maple by your pond.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Did anyone hear from Sandra on how the surgery went yesterday? It was CRAZY at work yesterday and I didn't have a chance to look up - didn't even leave work until 5:30 and I am supposed to get off at 4!

Charlotte, what a tragedy for that family. I know that young man will have a hard time adjusting to the loss of his mom, it will be even more traumatic on him to relocate which sounds like it will be necessary.

Elaine I love your pictures! Love that peony! Jess fell in love with them last summer when they went to Ireland/England on their trip and sent me photos saying we HAD to find out what those flowers were! LOL.... I bought 8 different ones this spring for her, but no telling how long it will take for them to bloom. I have had one for years that my MIL gave me. It was huge when I planted it and literally got smaller every year. It has never bloomed for me, but someone told me last year that I might have it planted too deep so I dug it up last summer and moved it very close to the surface. I don't think it will bloom this year either, but it has about doubled in size which is a good sign maybe. It gets full sun where it is at - so I planted the ones I purchased for Jessica where they would get full sun until about noon and then would be in the shade. I am a little concerned that might be too much shade - but I don't have a lot of options when it comes to shade at my house. I was surprised to see that a few of the new ones have tiny little buds on them..... not sure if they will bloom or not, but they appear to be trying. Most of them don't have any buds. I did buy one at HD the other day with two big buds on it to try to insure she at least had a couple of blooms this year.

I can no longer email myself photos on with my iphone..... does ANYONE have any idea what I have done? I used to email them to myself all the time - as I take most of my pics of my flowers with my iphone as I am out in the yard. At first, they were delivering back to my phone, but I managed to find the setting to stop sending imessages to my "email" which was actually sending to my phone. At first, I thought it might be a setting on my corp email so I tried my gmail account and it won't work either. It appears to "send" on my phone, but never shows up in my in box. If anybody knows how to fix this I would really appreciate it.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Genna I don't really understand what you are talking about as far as imessages to your email. If you look at your sent mail you may find your pictures. When I send myself something I have to go to my sent mail. You need to set up an icloud account. Your phone already has a setting for it. You just need to activate it. You also need to set it on your computer. Of course photos are stored on your phone but I always send things I want to keep to icloud. Then I can download on my computer and edit anyway I want and save in permanent files.

I learned that the lady that died had just had hernia surgery and was back home and had a embolism. So sad.

My peonies are blooming now. The only problem is they have a short bloom season. Rather than buying 8 small one I would buy one really nice size one. The really small ones take a while to bloom. Did you enrich the soil before you planted them. Most things don't like to be planted too deep. A lot of things I plant I just dig a small hole and then put dirt around it to make a mound. Most things do better when they can drain.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Yes, I did enrich the soil and my soil is very sandy so drainage is not usually an issue. I did barely cover them though because I was told that was probably best here in the south. My dad used to put horse manure on my mom's peonies and roses - they were always gorgeous.

I meant to mention that my friend Lana will be having her double mastectomy tomorrow around 1. She will just spend one evening in the hospital and be coming home on Thursday which seems really fast to me - but it is the norm.

I usually snap a photo and "message" it to my email address and then it is there. I either save it to my computer or just attach it to a DG message and delete it if I don't want to keep it. I use it at work a lot too sending photos of items we are trying to replace- for instance a buret this past week - that was originally installed in 1969 and isn't easily replaced. But, for some reason, I can no longer message those to my email. I did manage to send the buret photos to two different emails - but not my own. Makes NO sense to me! But I don't even pretend to be tech savvy.......

Genna, I don't know exactly what the problem is either, but you may need to go to your 'photo' settings and see if there is a button that has mysteriously been selected to 'off'. I swear, some of my iphone & ipad settings have a mind of their own. IThings will work one week and the next they won't and I'll go to settings and finally figure it out. There may be a setting to 'share' photos via e-mail that had been switched off. If that doesn't work, I sometimes have gone by my phone service location and they have helped me if I can't get to the Apple store. Lately I have been having pop-up messages that my e-mail is not downloading. Well, it is, but the messages still keep popping up. I didn't change a thing in my e-mail settings, but these dang pop-ups drive me nuts.

Best of luck to your friend, Lana during her surgery.

No word from Sandra. I sure hope and pray everything is going ok for them.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks Elaine, but not sure what setting it could be since I can email photos to other people. It is just weird. I did have one thing that got turned on that said my email was my backup for imessaging...........I turned it off thinking that would fix it. It didn't ..... I just tried again and I can now at least get them to my gmail account but even that wasn't working last week. It must be something they have changed on our email settings. I have sent our IT dept. a message to inquire.

I finally texted Sandra! I only have so much patience........... (well, not very little really ^_^ )
She sent me a pic of Jerry in this foam thing that keeps his hand straight up in a certain position..... She said he doesn't like it. LOL But, they didn't have to do a skin graft because the dr thinks it will heal on its own. They did repair the tendon and Sandra says they go back to the bone dr tomorrow.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I just saw a post from Sandra on FB. Basically says the same thing Genna just said.

I email pictures a lot and have never had any problems sending them to myself. I do always have to go to my sent messages as I'm sending to myself from myself. I just really like icloud because I can just send it to the cloud and have access to it from my iphone, my ipad and my laptop. I send a lot of pictures by email and if you can't send more than 5 at a time on an iphone.or ipad. I usually send more than 5 and they all need to be in the same email. So I have to do it on my laptop. I also have drop box I use for some things. With everything out "somewhere" I don't have to worry about losing anything on my laptop or iphone. It even backs up the notes I make on my iphone. I use the notes feature a lot and have notes I don't want to lose. When I switched phones it was a breeze as it was all backed up on the cloud.

That does seem really fast for your friend to be coming home! I hope all goes well for her.

Ripley, MS

Sorry folks, I was soooo, tired last night and Jerry wasn't feeling very well either.
He took his contraption thing off about an hour ago and seems to be resting ok, it seemed to be hurting the broken bone more than it was helping the hand surgery.
Another iPhone picture

Thumbnail by slcdms
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Boy, that contraption would be a nuisance but, hey, if it helps, then he should use it. Do you have to go back to Birmingham to the bone doctor, Sandra?? P.S. I just thought the photo looked a bit strange because of the angle but still, it is a cute photo.

Elaine, such pretty blooms!! You and the others are further along than we are here in the Missouri Ozarks. However, I discovered 2 blooms each on 2 of my clematis this afternoon. One is Nelly Moser and the other one is Crystal Fountain. The blooms are weird looking, though, probably because of our yo-yo weather. The Crystal Fountain blooms look sort of deformed but maybe they just aren't open all the way yet. The Nelly Moser blooms both have brown spots on the tips. :( We were at 80F on Friday and had 50's for the high yesterday with lots of wind so it felt cooler. I am ready for spring to get here and stay!!!

Charlotte, so sad about the man with autism losing his mother. I hope that the family takes care of him properly. It would be hard to adjust to having an autistic adult living with you if you have never had experience with dealing with an autistic person. There are degrees of autism, though, and some are milder than others. I have a DG friend who lives in Texas who has two autistic daughters. They are about 11 and 13 now. She home schools them but they do get socialization at their church where they are very active. One of the girls really likes snakes so they are going to get her a snake as a pet as soon as they can find the type of snake she is wanting. (It is non-poisonous, of course.)
I met the entire family a few years ago when they came through Arkansas on their way to visit family in Ohio. We met at Dixie Cafe in Cabot and had lunch together. The girls were very well behaved although somewhat shy. One of them gave me a picture she had colored.

Oh, by the way, Charlotte, none of the crocosmia I planted have come up yet. It could be because of the cool weather--time will tell. I didn't have any problem with my other two spreading because they didn't make it through the winter last season--well, one of them did and it bloomed but then it died. I still don't know why.

Genna, I am afraid I can't help you with your phone issues. I always just upload all the photos on my phone to my computer and then from there to my picasa web page. I can edit them, post to Facebook or email them just like any other photo. I've been using picasa for years. It is really easy and I see no reason to change.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Jeri, I meant to say that it isn't strange that you all will be celebrating Cameron's birthday. It's a way of
keeping his memory alive. You also might consider planting a plant or a tree in his memory if you haven't already done that. I always wish my son a Happy Birthday when it rolls around every year. I usually wake up that morning thinking of him and I say, "Happy Birthday, Tommy! I love you!" It's hard to believe that it has been 34 years since his death.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Marilyn one of my clematis had some deformed looking blooms on it to begin with but they have finally opened up right and the other blooms on it are fine. I have about different ones blooming right now and that one vine was the only one that did that.

The grandmother of the autistic boy is moving to LA as soon as she can. She has a sister and nieces that can help her. We were always taught to take care of family and the grandmothers family is from the same area and they were taught the same thing. Her autistic son will be well taken care of. That will not be a problem. It is just going to be so traumatic for him to lose his mother and then also have to move to a new location. He knows this neighborhood so well. He is a severe autistic. Yes there are degrees of autism. Richard's nephew has a autistic son. He is highly functioning. They have really worked with him. He is around 13 now. He doesn't do well in crowds, etc. But then a lot of people don't do well in crowds. I think that is very normal for them.

Marilyn your colder weather may keep your croscomia in check. I have that stuff all over my yard!!l It grows back faster than I can pull it up. I pull it up like a weed! I got a lot done in the yard today. It's so wet I decided it would be a good time to get some stuff in the ground. I moved an azalea that was crowding some pee gee hydrangeas. Got the stuff I had bought and some left over from last year in the ground except for 2 hostas. I need to wait until they are through redoing the walkways before I plant them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.