CLOSED: 7th Annual 3-B House Swap

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Well, my birdhouse I mailed out on the 4th, has finally showed up on tracking, and it should be delivered today or tomorrow!
Watch for your mailman please?

Ladies check your front porch please. Delivery confirmation number says your birdhouse was delivered at 3:57 this afternoon, left on front porch!

Ocean Springs, MS

Left on MY front porch! YES, Linda Kay, you sent some awesome goodies. I was so surprised to see all the great things you sent!
The birdhouse gourd is so beautiful. I'm going to spray it with sealant then hang it on my porch. Love the frogs. My mom loved it, too! :)
As extras, I got two suet blocks and two suet feeders. My birdies are going to love them!
And I also received a Country gardens magazine! Can't wait to settle in tonight and browse through it!
Linda Kay, thank you again for your thoughtfulness and generosity! Love ya ♥

Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl

Yeah, it arrived. Sorry the post office took a week to get it there.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Very nice, LK. Love that gourd.

Hope you all can make peace with the Post Office. If mail delivery goes to private companies, we're in for a very expensive mess.

This message was edited Mar 12, 2015 6:31 AM

Ocean Springs, MS

I'm not upset with the PO. I know the weather in some areas of the country has slowed things down. But i love all of it! ♥

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

:-)

Glad you like the birdhouse. Yes, please give it a couple of coats of clear coat, so the sun does not damage it. I sprayed it twice, but it was soaked in quickly.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Tracy, the birdhouse was not from Joy. That house was from me. Ronna. Anyway I sure am pleased that you like it. Am very sorry that it was damaged. If you cannot repair it I can send a replacement.
No box on my front porch yet.... waiting. With excitment.

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

Oh my Gosh!! I am so sorry for that! You are so right...my beautiful birdhouse came from Ronna!!!! My rose came from Joy!

It's perfect honey. Just popped the little overhang off is all. Did you get yours yet? I know there's been a lot of problems with the post office lately, but hopefully it has at least been shipped.

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

I've dmailed her body, hope she checks in soon. But please understand she has a very busy life. Sometimes things get away from us during our busy lives.

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

Boy you sure are right about that! I've got a lot of irons in the fire myself so I totally understand.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Yes i did recieve my house. Really cute. I will try and snap a photo soon. I put it outside to get it out of the kitchen. Lol. I am sure the birds will love it. Thank you Joy.

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

I am so sorry for being AWOL. The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo has been going on since the beginning of March and we are a big part of it. It closed last night and life can return to normal.
Ronna, I have one from the same folks and I have bluebirds, of all things, that nest in mine, even though it is nothing like a traditional bird house.
I will suggest that you put a couple coats of varathane on it for long term outside use. Just remove the grapevine and either brush or spray a low odor varathane. It makes a huge difference. I would have done it for you but I was already sooooooo late, and this was not the one I originally boxed up for you. The first one got set on the porch to go to the PO and was discovered by my young dog who shredded the box and then half destroyed the house. I was clueless, because I was elsewhere on the farm, and my husband, not seeing the box on his way off the porch, assumed I had not set it out for him to take. Took a day or two for use to figure out our mistake which was way too late.
Life on the farm is never dull.
I am glad it arrived safely, albeit late, I am sooooo sorry to make you wait.

Joy

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Joy, i understand. Thanks for the tip on the birdhouse. It really is so cute.

Can't wait to see what you got!

Cindy, thanks for another wonderful swap! Will be waiting to do it again next year!

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

You're Welcome LK

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.