CLOSED: 7th Annual 3-B House Swap

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Carole, I got my birdhouse today! It is awesome, I love the St. Francis house. And the little salt and pepper shakers are so cute. I already have them on the shelf in the kitchen.
Thanks so much.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

Well, shoot - when you said yours should arrive today and I got it by FedEx - I thought it was you :)

Ok, buddy of mine - come out, come out wherever you are! lol...

A couple of friends from Iowa are here visiting and they fell in love with the bee house. I'm going to check their baggage before they leave, just in case LOL

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Linda, I hope you enjoy them. I have an outdoor birdhouse/feeder made out of that same material and it appears almost indestructible. It hasn't warped or split or broken in the five years I've had it and I leave it up year around.

:-)

Ocean Springs, MS

Chris, it's from me! I knew when I saw it that it was perfect for you! :)

Linda Kay, love your birdhouses! Carole sure picked out something cute for you!

I love my bird house.

Ocean Springs, MS

Chris, here's the description of your bee house:
Our Insect house is a perfect solution for offering a shelter for insects, butterflies and bees. In bad weather, butterflies will look for shelter and are willing to live together with other insects. The wood chips are also good for ladybirds, which eat the pesky aphids in your garden. For bees, they have bee bamboo and wood holes for living and breeding. This insect house is made of bark, pine, miscellaneous wood, bamboo and pine cones with solid wood construction.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

That should keep the bees busy. :)

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

Julie, thank you so much! I had never seen one before and I love it.

I'm really excited to get this up in the garden somewhere :) I had wondered about the shavings, so I appreciate the description.

Hugs :)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I sent my box out just today. Sorry for any delay but it has been just to cold to go to the post office. I hape someone ennjoys the birdhouse. And has lots of birds to grow up in it. Ronna

Ocean Springs, MS

Hugs back to you, Chris!

Ronna, so sorry you are having to deal with the horrible weather. We're having a warm spell next week, but also rain every day! Ugh!

Happy Birthday Chris! I hope you have an awesome day!

Thumbnail by taters55
(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

Thank you LK :) We were supposed to go on a lunch cruise here in FL, but it was cancelled as it rained like crazy. So we tried a new place for lunch - it was fantastic - and then Big D (hubby) turned me loose at Michaels for a shopping spree on my scrapbooking supplies :) I got a lot of things I wouldn't normally buy for myself - somehow the logic that it was my birthday present made it easier to buy it LOL.

We've got one more month here in FL and then will be headed back home to Iowa. I'm so ready to get back into the garden and hoping our orioles come back this year!

Speaking of garden, I've got a question - I'm looking at pitcher plants here that are in hanging baskets. Are they carnivorous plants too like the bog plants?

Ocean Springs, MS

Chris, are the pitcher plants called Nepenthes? If so, they are easy to grow. I have 3 growing in my sunroom. I'll put them outside for the summer and they'll form pitchers. Here's a link for more info:
http://www.pitcherplant.com/care_sheets/nepenthes_care.html

Happy belated birthday!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Monday was a great day. Was really sunny. A tad bit warmer. Toom the ole dog for a nice walk. Today..... it is raining and very icy. So glad I just work one mile from work. So blessed this way. Roads are very slick tho.

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Eeek, I just realized I am running late. Sorry buddy I will get my box out Monday!

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Joy check your dmail and snail mail lol

My box went out in today's mail. It is supposed to be delivered Friday.

I got a note today from my carrier. Will head down tomorrow if the weather isn't horrible.

Well I am assuming this is from my buddy????
There was nothing in box stating who it was from but there was a note saying A Gift from Cindy Lang, lol

Thumbnail by purpbutfly
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

My buddy was suppose to get the box from me on thursday. Maybe did not have time to post. Hope all is okay.

Got mine yesterday! Thanks Cindy! I didn't get it open till late last night and will do some photos after chores this morning.. Thanks!

Joy did you read the dmail I sent? I'm hoping nothing got broke.

Ocean Springs, MS

No box here! Cindy, love your butterfly/bee house! Those are a hit right now! :)

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

Cindy, I love yours! Very similar to mine but yours doesn't have the sawdust for the ladybugs :) We'll have to compare notes during the summer and see how each one performs for us.

Love the fact they say it's from you to you LOL

Edited to add: Julie, I haven't looked closely at the pitcher plants I've seen yet to figure out the name :) But that sounds right - can't wait to get one and see how it does. Do you mist yours or do anything special for it?

This message was edited Mar 7, 2015 9:25 AM

Ocean Springs, MS

Yes, I mist them and keep them moist, but not soggy. They really love the humidity when I put them outside for the summer and form the pitchers. I love them because they are unique!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Hhhmmmm. Still no post from my buddy. All your looks great. No box here yet. Have a great day light saving day all. Lol

My box should have arrived Friday. Please check out the area's where your box may have been left.

Ok guys, here are the pics I promised. Things are so crazy here with fence building and the weather, I was swamped.
The first house is a green log cabin with Oriental designs on the roof. It has a nice square sleeve to fit securely over a four by four. Perfect for my yard fence. It also has drop down ends so you can easily clean it. That is such a great thing!
The second on is a little John Deere tractor house that can hang from a tree or the roof of my porch.

Thanks so much Cindy, your fears were groundless this time, the box got here in pristine condition and you did a wonderful job packing!
Mine should go out tomorrow, with rain predicted all day today, I will have time to get it properly packaged.

Joy
Merry couldn't wait for a bird to fly in.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew Thumbnail by rouxcrew Thumbnail by rouxcrew
Ocean Springs, MS

No boxes here! I watched the mailman come and go yesterday.

Joy, love your birdhouses! Very cute!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Nice bird houses, Joy. Cindy did a great job. I love this swap.

Well, I found my receipt, and checked USPS.com. It was mailed on the 4th,, it was sent priority, and was supposed to be delivered the 6th! Well, it says it is still in San Antonio. I sure hope it moves along quickly.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

The weather created some delays with the mail. Flights were cancelled and roads were closed to the north. We didn't receive our mail for a couple of days and those farther to the north of us I'm sure had/have a much longer wait.

Yes the weather is messing up a lot of mail getting delivered. But for yours not leaving Tx, LK is weird. Did you mail it from San Antonio? or did it have to go from Del Rio to San Antonio? I don't understand why the mail has to go to one PO before it goes out to other towns and states. Like here anything we mail has to go all the way to Sacramento, then onto the PO of the town it's to be delivered.

Ocean Springs, MS

Been trying to reach Tracy (Flogro) by dmail, phone, and facebook with no luck. If anyone hears from her, please let her know we are worried about her. Thanks, Julie

I mailed it from Del Rio. Anything mailed from here, even to another Del Rio address, has to go to San Antonio, then back here. Makes no sense.

LOL no it doesn't

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

The mail first goes to a Mail Processing Center where it's counted and inputted into the system so it can be tracked along the way. It's also sorted there. Congress cut the budget so it's not entirely the fault of the P.O. Sometimes flights are delayed because they know they can't land in the destination city.

However, I don't know why you you haven't heard from Flogro, Julie.

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

Holy cow guys....I am so sorry for dropping off of the face of the earth for a few! I'm in charge of the canal maintenance in my community and a high priority/labor intensive project finally came to fruition. I've been trying to get these guys all on the same page at the same time for nearly 18 months and the stars just happened to line up! Anyways, sorry for cutting myself off. I've been going straight to bed every night and all but abandoned the phone (I've lost a few in the lake so mine stays home and we take DHs...there's maybe 3 numbers in his contact list so it's no big deal if his drowns!)

Cindy, your house was from me! It was supposed to say so but apparently they thought it was more appropriate to keep it anonymous! Glad it arrived though, apparently my rose swap buddy's poor rose has joined the jet set! Gonna have to take some corrective action on that one. Anyway, I hope you like your house. I want one of these now! lol. I never knew they existed until this swap. Can't wait to see how it does. Thank you so much for hosting.

Joy, I did receive your box. It's absolutely beautiful and exactly what I wanted. Thank you so much. I love love love cedar. Unfortunately, the overhang on the roof broke off in transit, but I am confident that I can execute a crafty repair on it with no problems. It will look awesome mounted on the fence with the trumpet vine. I will get it mounted next week and upload a few pics.

Again guys, so sorry for disappearing like that. I tend to be a little on the busy side but this week was just stupid crazy.

This message was edited Mar 9, 2015 10:55 PM

Thumbnail by FloGro

Thank You for checking in, I knew the house was from you but didn't want to say anything until you were able to check in. Thank You for it, not sure where I'm going to put it just yet.

Hey Tracy, glad you came up for air!
Love that birdhouse you got!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.