CLOSED: 7th Annual 3-B House Swap

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi my name is Cindy (aka purpbutfly) and I am hosting a 3 B House Swap

Bats, Birds and Butterfly House

I am opening it February 1st, and will take names until February 15th, then dmail your buddy name and address on the February 16th. I would like to ask you all to mail your buddies house so that she may get it the first week in March. If you are not in the address exchange please dmail me your addy.

It does not have to be home made, it can be bought. If you want to make a homemade one it can be made out of ANYTHING,( old cowboy boots, cowboy hats, cans, gourds, you name it.) If a bird can get in it, it's a house, but bat houses and butterfly houses are a special type of house. Pictures alone do not qualify, but if you want to decorate with pictures that will work.

Anything goes so long as there is either Bat, Bird or Butterfly with a House, inside decoration or outside decoration.

When signing up please specify what type of house you want. Here are some links to some really neat houses.

As for $$$$$$, don't go bankrupt trying to find the perfect house, but do make sure it's a good one and won't fall apart before summer is over, lol. So let's have some FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read more: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1349395/#ixzz3PTSIrWWD

This message was edited Jan 21, 2015 9:38 AM

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

Reserved for Names:

1) purpbutfly....Cindy...Butterfly House...From FloGro.......a Butterfly/Bee house combo
2) Cville_Gardener.......Carole.......Outside Birdhouse....From Dragonflys4me a cute Snail Birdhouse
3) rouxcrew....Joy...Outside Birdhouse....From purpbutfly....2 a Log Cabin and a Tractor
4) taters55....Linda...LK.......Birdhouse.....From Cvill_Gardener...very neat Birdhouse
5) FloGro.......Tracy.......Birdhouse....from gardenlady123 cedar Birdhouse
6) froggies_girl...... Birdhouse...would like a Gourd Birdhouse.....from taters55...Gourd Birdhouse
7) gardenlady123...Ronna.....Outside Birdhouse......rouxcrew.....Birdhouse
8) Dragonflys4me.......Chris....Bee House........From ..froggie_girl....the neatest Bee House

This message was edited Mar 16, 2015 4:38 PM

This message was edited Mar 23, 2015 5:59 AM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Sign me up, Cindy. This was one of the first swaps I ever participated in on DG. Love it!

I would like an outdoor bird house, please.

I'm sorry but I don't remember your name

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Carole

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Me too. This was the first swap I ever did, still love my teapot house I got from it.
Outdoor birdhouse please.

Thanks Cindy

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Add my name too!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

These are the feeders I received in my first 3-B swap. :)

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

And the butterfly house I received from FOTV in another one of the 3-B swaps.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Ocean Springs, MS

I love this swap, but will have to pass this year. I have 3 birdhouses now that I need to hang or mount. Y'all have fun and I'll sit back and watch! :)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

It doesn't matter to me if there are only a few of us.

Still have a ways to go before the cut off date so no biggie..............but do spread the word please would be nice to more than 4 :)

Just to say I would like a bird house please.

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

Perfect timing! I just so happen to be needing a new birdhouse to replace an old one that's mounted on a wood fence covered with a trumpet vine. Count me in please.

Ocean Springs, MS

Ok, changed my mind! Would love an outside birdhouse. Something practical, but would love a gourd house.

This message was edited Feb 1, 2015 7:08 AM

Thank YOU Ladies for joining~~~~~

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I would like to join this one too. An outside bird house would be great. We have a couple and sometimes we get tenents and some time we do not. However those little male wrens try very hard every year. So cute. Man he just sings and sings. Thanks, Cindy. Ronna.

Ocean Springs, MS

I've seen bluebirds around the houses already! And pine pollen was all over my windshield yesterday morning! Seeing all kinds of birds at my feeders. Oh, I am so ready for Spring! :)

Cindy, would you please put gourd house next to my name? I'd love a gourd house if anybody has one. Thanks

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

And don't forget to add Ronna (gardenlady123). She wants an outdoor bird house.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Cville. Am looking forward to this.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Me too. I'm glad you've joined.

Hi Ladies,

Happy Feb 1st!!!! I've got thread up to date :) I received a Gourd birdhouse from one of my swaps dang CRS can't remember what year or who from. I would post a picture of it but it's at my other house, hanging on a Passion Flower vine trellis :) next time I go down there i will take a picture of it.

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

Good morning :) I'd love to join this year - would love either a butterfly house or a bee house. I found one for mason bees to put up this summer when I get back to Iowa. I wouldn't mind getting another one!

Cindy, I'll d-mail you my address for down here in FL as I'll be here till April 1st.

Thanks!

Thumbnail by Dragonflys4me

What does a bee house look like?

a link to making simple bee house This is a Mason bee House

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

Where is the link? That is pretty cool!

oops sorry
http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-your-own-little-Bee-Houses/

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

That picture that Cindy posted is the same as mine :) The mason bee does not sting, but is a good pollinator.. my kind of bee lol

Edited to add: forgot the 3rd B is for Bat, not Bee LOL... send me whatever LOL..

This message was edited Feb 3, 2015 5:08 PM

Chris it can be what ever kind of house you want, I think one year I made it any kind of flying critter so Bee House works too :)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Pretty neat bee house. Looks really pretty simple to make also. May have to do this one for me too.

Ocean Springs, MS

The bee house is neat. I think we should make one and compare! I'd like to try to make one like the picture, if I can figure out the material. Looks like you could use an old belt for the outside. Now what could we use for the inside? Mmmm?

I've been looking at birdhouses, and I think I'm going to try to make one. Going thru some ideas tonight!

looks like bamboo to me

I already have my birdhouse, I had gotten it last year:) but had to cancel the swap :(

Ocean Springs, MS

Cindy, you are probably right! Have to look into cutting some! Have the wild bamboo growing all over our property!

Ok Ladies!!! Only 8 more days.....Sure would like to get more participants :)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Cindy I forgot to put I would like an outdoor bird house please do not need more clutter in the house thanks... Ronna

Sunday will be the last day to join.......... If your address in not in the exchange, please dmail me asap Thanks Ladies

Tomorrow is the last day I am taking names......Looks like a small group this year :(

Ok since there is no more signing up I am giving out names tonight

Ocean Springs, MS

Yay!

Can't wait to get my name.

Cindy all the swaps are small this year. Don't know why.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.