weather in the garden # 138

South Hamilton, MA

35° bright sun. Hawks around here are red tails. I have not seen any as yet.

Thomaston, CT

Have seen both red tails & Coopers....thought I saw a sharp-shinned the other day, but not sure.....hawks are hard to ID when flying! Supposed to get to 50 today, but 32 right now & freezing rain....

South Hamilton, MA

34° snow overnight, but has started to melt. can't be more than an inch.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

had a couple inches here - supposed to be warm so hope is all melts.

Thomaston, CT

Most of the snow melted, a few icy patches remain....not looking forward to the cold.......will try to cover up 2 of my small hydrangeas....

South Hamilton, MA

36° high winds hazy sun. dropped from 50° late last night, when we could not enjoy it to the present temp. Snow has melted.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Mild yesterday. Today sunny, windy and high thirties.

Thomaston, CT

Waiting for the snow to begin.......not much accumulation, but an awful nuisance!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Snowing here. About half an inch so far.

South Hamilton, MA

16° We are northeast of Marilyn & snow not predicted until tomorrow. However, it is overcast.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

13 and windy. I don't want to think about what the wind chill is.

South Hamilton, MA

wind coming tomorrow. We are supposed to go to the funeral tomorrow. wonder if the car will start. 20↑ now.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

We got about 1 1/2". Very light, fluffy stuff. Easy to remove from car. Thankful

Thomaston, CT

Tenty degrees, snow squalls, & windy.....not a pleasant day.....yearning for spring!

South Hamilton, MA

-3° bright sun

Thomaston, CT

It was -8 at 7:30 this morning.....hope this is it for nasty cold weather, but I fear it isn't......I'm sure the hydrangea buds are frozen for the 3rd year in a row....

South Hamilton, MA

now plus 3° but very cold without snow cover.

Thomaston, CT

Now we have a snow cover! About 2-3" out there & still snowing hard.....

South Hamilton, MA

starting to snow 25°

Thomaston, CT

Ended up with 3 fluffy inches.....enough snow for me until next year!

South Hamilton, MA

only about an inch here. 21°

Thomaston, CT

Chilly day, in the 20s...gray skies.......not looking great for tomorrow!

Thomaston, CT

Sun is shining, but the driveway is icy ......I'll spread some salt soon.....temp only in the low 20s today....can't wait til the warmup!

South Hamilton, MA

23° hazy sun

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

17 and sunny

Thomaston, CT

Another zero night here....cloudy now, highs around 25.......

South Hamilton, MA

17° & overcast

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

cold

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

We're havin' a heat wave, a tropical heat wave...all the way up to 26F!

Thomaston, CT

Temp should hit 30 today.....it will feel like a heat wave! Sunny, & that makes me feel better.....

South Hamilton, MA

26° overcast. dusting of snow overnight

Thomaston, CT

Finally, eastern CT got snow & we did not! Sunny & 30 here yesterday, starting out sunny & 30s here today, but cold front coming this afternoon, sending temps into teens.....ack.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Sunny today, YAY!!!!

South Hamilton, MA

32° colder tomorrow snow showers this afternoon, but they have stopped. Not much added to our former dusting.

Thomaston, CT

Sunny & cold today.....20-25.....Rain coming in tomorrow....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Bitterly cold here but they say we get temps in the 40's tomorrow. I can't wait to finish raking and pacing out some locations for trees.

South Hamilton, MA

13° up from 9 earlier.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Jeff's new ice skates came yesterday. He was out this morning to the park then this afternoon went to a lake with some friends. Glad he got them.

Thomaston, CT

I used to love to ice skate! Now, I just think of a broken hip! Rain right now, freezing on drive, but should warm up later.....

South Hamilton, MA

We used to ice skate at the park for gym class & after school. Shed with a coal stove & watched over by a retired policeman. A shame one has to give up things in our older years. 28° overcast. Heavy rain predicted for late afternoon.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.