weather in the garden # 138

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hunker down again you guys!!! It will probably just be rain again here. Just know that I think of you all.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

warmed up to 40 today, got some snow melt going. not liking the snow predictions out your way.

South Hamilton, MA

We are not liking them either. Sort of the 'Long Winter' of the Laura Ingalls Wilder story, but we won't starve. About 5" today & more tomorrow.

Thomaston, CT

Snowing....again! About 5-6" already, & will snow all day.....wonderful if you're a polar bear!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

high of 20 today, all the slush is now frozen

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm not a polar bear.

South Hamilton, MA

Not here either. snow blowing & drifting to the top of our outside water hydrant, a good 3 1/2 ft.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

DH said (in a glum voice) this morning after opening the door, "Man, look at all that snow. There is no sign that I ever shoveled." Of course, he shoveled all day on two different days now before this Marcus storm.

South Hamilton, MA

I think for a change you are getting more than we are. It is still coming down so the person who plows our driveway has not shown up. Just as well so he doesn't do it twice.

South Hamilton, MA

light snow this morning & overcast. 15°

Thomaston, CT

The sun is out...finally! Forgot what it looked like....the plow person came early this morning to plow me out again....there are mountains of snow everywhere......and more on Thursday? Not funny.....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Hope everyone is making out OK. We lost our power for a few hours last night. Nstar gave us a robocall saying they had turned off the electricity to "improve reliability." What PR person came up with that instead of saying it was to repair storm damage?

It's reasonably warm, 28 degrees here but not warm enough yet to melt anything. Thurs and Fri about an inch is expected each day.

I'd kinda like to go back to work.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Still snowing here. Is this a joke?

South Hamilton, MA

Mother Nature giggles.

Natick, MA

Rosemary,
You know it's pretty bad when you're actually WISHING you could go to work!
LOL

Thomaston, CT

Temp yesterday hit 35, & much of the snow melted from my drive.....& then froze again during the night! Should melt today as the sun is out....next storm coming tomorrow....then Sat. We are getting 2 year's worth of snow in a month!

South Hamilton, MA

19° very light snow in the air. We should have another 1-3" on thurs. Just enough to be annoying. Just got a call from the town that trash pick-up is delayed for a day (until Sat for us).

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Yep back to work alright. Driving to avoid the ditched cars and waiting in traffic. But I guess it is good to feel necessary, and to sometimes get the rock star treatment . Today ought to be better again.

Thomaston, CT

Snowing again.....won't take the chance to get to my art class as the roads there aren't the greatest....

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

light snow and a high of 10

South Hamilton, MA

18° snow showers- they are not much, but just annoying to see snow in the air & know what is coming over the weekend.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

More snow on the way.....

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Yikes, you guys!!!

South Hamilton, MA

Not our choice.

Thomaston, CT

Negative 6 at 7:15 this morning....Nicki didn't tarry outside......Forecast is for 5-8" & there's no place to put it!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

What's that saying? You play with the hand you are dealt. Just please be careful out there.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

9 this am

South Hamilton, MA

7° bright sun wind is starting up. RD is correct, there is no place to put the snow when we are already dealing with a 7 ft high pile at the end of the driveway. Prediction is for 10-18" more from Sat night through Sun.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

The anticipated blizzard is supposed to get significant with white out conditions sometime after 11 pm. So the cities performance venues are still planned tonight. It's 8 degrees outside.

Jesse's bed sounds like it will recall sweet memories.

My pooch seems to be developing muscles. This morning he blazed trails through the lowest spots among our backyard drifts. He has a technique for finding his bones among the three feet deep sections of snow, too. He must smell them before he jumps in with his whole body and then pounds with his legs until the bone shakes loose. Usually he gives accusing looks because he must think we did this to him.

South Hamilton, MA

No such entertainment here. ☺ -1 degrees.

Thomaston, CT

Cliffie is a riot......Nicki loves to pounce as well, I'm thinking it's a poodle trait! Negative 8 here this morning, the downstairs of the house is freezing.....furnace can't keep up.....hoping I'm at the lower end of the snow accumulation which should be about 4"....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I've been telling Cliffie what a poodle he's become. I can never get over how very intelligent they are. Not that labs are any slouch either.

Natick, MA

90 inches of snow in less than 30 days...Wow, aren't we lucky!?
And MORE to come!

Thumbnail by valal
Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I'd say it was pretty if it isn't a little scary. We don't even meet official blizzard conditions. But, poor visibility, blowing and falling snow, and high winds and power outages as still anticipated later today until 7 am tomorrow.

South Hamilton, MA

Not sure of the snowfall as yet. It has stopped snowing, but blowing around. Temp 19°.

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

Windy and freezing cold , 18 degrees but the wind chill make it feel colder.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Very windy here as well. We got about 2". I was almost afraid to post that cuz I didn't want you all to blow out your coffee or cuppa and burn yourselves when you read that. Just trying to keep it lighthearted. Hehehe. I can't imagine all that snow. YOWSERS!! Please stay warm.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

just back from a biz trip to Phoenix - wife got to learn how how to run the snow blower while i was away:)

will need to get the snow shoes out to clear a trail for x-country skiing - the deer are all stuck in the woods.

Love this snow

Thomaston, CT

Only 3" here but the wind is scary......Bill, Cindy is a brave soul, I'll never touch a snowblower.....they are a necessity though.... I've been using the shovel on the walks & patio.....just enough for Nicki to run around in......the plowperson plowed at 8 this morning, but the wind has blown more snow into it......I'm getting numb!

South Hamilton, MA

Probably about 10" here. DH had to shovel the car out, but the plow person got the snow off behind it, which means a week or so shoveling to get to the car a the end of the driveway. He left the car ther because ther is no room to put the snow near the garage.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.