Merry Christmas Swap: What did Santa bring? Part 2

Ocean Springs, MS

Happy Thanksgiving, my DG family!
I had a blessed day with my children, grandchildren, Moma, and my aunt Louise yesterday! We cooked, talked, laughed, ate, took pictures, and made Christmas crafts with the grandchildren. My DDIL took pictures, so as soon as I get them, I'll share.

Tracy, you got a yummy box of goodies from Linda Kay! I made some of the Irish creme fudge last year and it is sooooooooooo good! And that Samba amaryllis is gorgeous. I have one and love it!

Patti, so glad you made your decision. I am sure God is leading you in the right direction, and I pray you have a peaceful Thanksgiving!

Linda Kay, got your box and love the placemats! Thanks you!

My cousin is researching our family tree on my maternal grandmother's side! My aunt Louise came over yesterday and showed me a picture of my great-grandmother Corean. I have heard stories about her over the years, but when I saw the picture, I was in awe! My cousin said I was Corean's reincarnation, and put my picture next to Corean's! here's the picture. I am amazed!

Taking the kids shopping today just to get out for a while. Everyone have a blessed day! ♥

Thumbnail by froggies_girl
Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Julie, big resemblance

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL :) Baking all this morning
for my furnace went out on me last night so I have to use my gas stove & Electric infrared heated to stay warm till Monday so i can order the part I need or i may have to buy a new furnace .snow is falling & I don't have to go anywhere so all is good :)
Be well, Be safe , My Gardening friends,Keep you all in my thoughts today .

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Aw Susie that awful about your furnace. Can you go stay at a neighbors house you take care of??? Keep warm.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Susie, so glad you have back up heat to use.

Julie, you do have a lot of resemblance to your Great Grandmother.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Drats Susie, let's hope it warms up, Monday is a long way away

Are there no emergency repairmen on duty?

Hope you are all enjoying your Thanksgivng day

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Happy Thanksgiving to all the DG's family. I'm glad that I joined this forum. Hope that your day is filled with family, love and plenty of food. Waiting on all of mine to get here as I worked today. Kathy

I'm very warm In fact I have the Heater set on 65 & It is very toasty in here .well I have my Kitchen Cleaned up & My back is ready to lay back so off o take my Coumadine then I'm off to bed to watch my christmas movies ya all have a great eve .
GN all Back for coffee in the morning :)

Ocean Springs, MS

Happy Thanksgiving to all, again! I've been on my own for most of the day, but I've accomplished much. Took down fall/thanksgiving decor and ready to start Christmas decor! Went shopping a bit...got a few stocking stuffers. Good day!

I am thankful for my Dg family! I love you all ♥

Susie, glad you are warm!

Kathy, glad you joined us! :)

Yes, I do look like my great-grandmother. Amazing! I've often wondered about my ancestors, and seeing this picture just makes me realize that they do leave a legacy... even if it is 4 generations later! My grandmother didn't talk much about her mother because she died when my grandmother was 9. Maybe she didn't remember much. But i am so anxious to learn more!

Y'all have a good night! ♥

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Just stopped in to check on everybody. Hope you all had your fill of good food and great company today. I am thankful to call you all My DG family.
Sorry to hear about your furnace Susie, but glad you are staying warm in spite of it. I did not go shopping except for a few last minute grocery items. I have no desire to fight the Black Friday crowd!

Ocean Springs, MS

I'm venturing out tomorrow. Going to Lowes for Christmas Cactus. Then to Dollar Tree and Big Lots. Not going anywhere near the madness and not leaving home until about 9. Hopefully, the crowds and the traffic has thinned out by then.

Stay warm tonight. ♥

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Good morning everybody,
Youngest daughter and I are going to go and try to get some Christmas shopping done but we are leaving the baby at home. Everyone have a great day. Kathy

Ocean Springs, MS

Good morning, Kathy! Have fun shopping! Hope you have fun and find lots of bargains! :)

My daughters and I are going shopping later. I am almost done except for stocking stuffers!

Gm hope evr1 Had a Nice Turkey day Mine went well
Now to make a Nice Turkey & Rice Soup today to warm the sole :) Love the left overs so much to do with them :) even My chickens loved their turkey dinner :) yesterday :)
well been on the phone the last 30 mins with a friend to help her with her comp no go So i need to go help her out ya all have a great day BBL

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I went out on Thanksgiving it was very busy. But the crowds do not bother me. Its just when pepole are so inconsiderate that bothers me. But glad to say I am all done. I do not do stockings any more just more money. It used to be mine and my kiddos favorites
Hey Julie you asked to tell you how I liked the carmel tea. I have to say it really is quit good. Surprising. It has a smooth carmel flavor and it lasts thru the whole cup too. So thanks.

Ocean Springs, MS

Hey, Susie and Ronna. Didn't get to finish my shopping because my daughters were with me. Have to sneak away one day! LOL

Was nice shopping. Got a red and a white Christmas cactus at Lowes. Found a set of 3 springform pans at Big Lots. My other one was bent and leaked. Had fun with my girls! :)

The kids are planning Christmas dinner already. They want to do it early again, but I told them that I don't want to be all by myself on Christmas. I'm doing pretty good this year emotionally, but the boys have already said they were spending Christmas eve with their dad. I don't know. Just confused.

Y'all have a great day. :)

No shopping for me had to save those few extra dollars in the bank just in case I Cannot find the part I Need for my furnace I will have to buy a new one . so may not be able to join any extra swaps the next few months Just depends :).
But I'm warm & toasty right now anyway :))) its been a busy day Had to go have dinner at my brothers , then cards & Now I can settle in for the eve :)))
Have a great eve G N all

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Julie, had fun shopping with my daughter and think that I have finished except to finish the stockings. But then of course, who knows what else I may find for Noah before it is all say and done. Kathy

Ocean Springs, MS

Kathy, I know what you mean. I always say "just one more thing!" LOL

Susie, hope your furnace is not very costly. But I know what you mean. I always have an emergency fund. And it doesn't get touched unless it's an emergency! Kids don't seem to understand it. They always say "mom, you got the money" and I always say "And I'm not touching it!"

Ocean Springs, MS

Good day! Is everyone as tired as I am? Thanksgiving wore me out, and Christmas is coming fast. I keep making lists of things to do, but as I get one thing done, I think of something else!

Hope you all have a good day! :)

Victoria Harbour, ON

You will soon be wondering what to do with yourself in the next month

All or nothing right

Ocean Springs, MS

I agree, Betty! Nothing major, just a lot of little things here and there. And Santa is checking his list MANY times to make sure he has it right! LOL

gm all can't stay I Have to leave soon Have to go look at a new Furnace :( then off to Bingo so chat later .have a great day

Natick, MA

Susie sorry to hear you have to replace your

Natick, MA

Susie sorry to hear you have to replace your furnace. Big unexpected expense I'm sure.

GLad to hear everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.....I avoided the stores like the plague :-)
have done my share of Black Fridays when I enjoyed it more.....now would rather forgoe.
I agree that people can be so rude and inconsiderate which is disheartening.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Ocean Springs, MS

Susie, enjoy bingo!

Valal, I ventured out about 9:00. just went to a couple places but avoided the bigger stores like Walmart and the mall.

I want to do a Christmas cookie recipe swap. Who is game? :) All you have to do is post your favorite Christmas cookie recipe or a new recipe you plan on trying!

I like that idea Julie.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Yep, I'd participate in that.

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

May I use my whoopie pie recipe? (Whoppie pies are cookie cakes with cream cheese filling)

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

OHhhhhhhhhhhhh my YES !!! hehehe

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Sounds good!

Froggie?

Ocean Springs, MS

I'm here! Watched my Saints march to victory today! Had my boys here! And my niece is in labor! I will have a great-nephew in just a few hours! :)

Go ahead and post your recipes... cookies, candy, pies... whatever sweet treat you want to share! ♥

Are you making a new thread for the recipes?

yes...new thread.....and thank-you!

Ocean Springs, MS

Making a new thread for treat exchange! here's the link.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1382064/

This message was edited Dec 1, 2014 7:37 AM

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Good rainy evening,
Received my box from Joyce today and loved everything in it.

C=Candy (don't snicker at least you got something) the small snickers bars
H=Holiday decorations- candy cane mat and a bag to hold a box of tissues Beautiful
R=Reindeer hot chocolate mix
I=Ink pen and Santa notepad (great to write down Avon orders)
S=Snowman pot holder (had to keep this from my daughters hands)
T=Snowman towel (same here)
M=Microwave bag for potatoes and yes I will use it all yard round.
A=A handmade scrubby that won't scratch your pans, love it
S=Snowman popcorn bag with a hair tie and a pair of gloves(great for our gold Ohio weather)

And Santa told her that I hadn't been good so sent along some reindeer poop. So cool.

Joyce, thanks for all the lovely things. My daughter wanted to know what kind of bag that you used for the chocolate mix?

Thanks again, Kathy

Ocean Springs, MS

Kathy, sounds like you got some yummy and pretty goodies! Really nice box you sent, Joyce! :)

Remember, our deadline for mailing is Dec. 6- this Friday! Ho! Ho! Ho!

I agree, can't wait to see pictures!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Hope you enjoy everything. For once I did not send anything breakable...yes! So much easier on me...lol. Did you open each wrapped package by inital?...lol My husband was cracking up when I was wrapping them... ;) I cant remember the package on the hot chocolate, once u post the pic I will know..maybe...well hopefully...heck who knows...but will try....lol

Enjoy you will love the scrubber. Not that anyone likes to scrub but they work really well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.