Merry Christmas Swap: What did Santa bring? Part 2

Ocean Springs, MS

Yep, I remember that, too! Even with my kids, it's like I have 2 generations. Destiny and Colt born in 1983 and 1987. We didn't have cable. Had a touch button phone. No cell phones, internet, or computers! Didn't buy them a Nintendo until 1994, and they were limited to one hour a day! They played outside and loved it!
Younger ones were born in 1997, 1998, and 2000. They have grown up in the Information Age! Like I said earlier, they have no clue!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

There is no R, but there is an n.

Ocean Springs, MS

What about a T

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Okay guess what I got today!!!! Thats right I got a box from Julie... froggies girl.
What can I say but wow??
C is for carmel corn and carmel turtles may I say yum!
H is for hadnmade pottery and herbal carmel tea. Very nice little vase. Love it Julie.
R is for really cute button stitch kit, reindeer ornament
I is for its something I really wanted.. turks cap bulbs!!
S is for suet cage and suet for the birdies!! They love these thing so much.
T is for tabletopper quilted by Julie herself!! So pretty. I will cherish it always.
M is for merry christmas garland and thjngs to decorate it too.
A amaryllis and angel necklace. Has earring also.
S ks for stocking and matching hat for my granddaughter first christmas.
Julie I want to say thanks so much for all the very ice stuff stuff. I really , lve the home made items so much. Have a wonderful christmas season.

my box was suppose to be delivered today also. Hope all is well with it.
Thanks again, Julie. Just had to say Avery is three months old now!! She will look so cute in her new hat.

Thumbnail by gardenlady123 Thumbnail by gardenlady123 Thumbnail by gardenlady123 Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Victoria Harbour, ON

Wow, that is one heck of a box, lucky recipient

Julie you did an excellent job on your quilted piece

Ocean Springs, MS

Ronna, you are so very welcome! I could not pass up the hat and stocking for Avery! You can hang the stocking at your house! Glad you like everything! :)

Thank you, Betty, for the compliment on my quilted tabletopper!

Julie you sent an awesome box of goodies.

Yes there is a T.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

the night before christmas :)

off to town for my Blood draw Before the snow fall,
well be back later.

Ocean Springs, MS

Good morning. Back to eye doctor for follow up today. Then have to see what's wrong with Journee's car. We thiink the power steering belt broke. Sure hope it's an easy fix!
Y'all have a great day!

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

Make sure the mechanics don't tell you there's more wrong with the car and charge you extra to get unnecessary things fixed. Get everything in writing before you sign too..

This message was edited Nov 25, 2014 9:45 AM

back , Just made a meatloaf to stuff into my Acorn SQuash :)
dishes done so now I will Play Not sure at what yet but will find something :)))) ya all have a great day BBL

There are two words in the puzzle, and a date. Last 4 spaces are numbers.

Susie, that sounds yummy! Never thought of putting a meatloaf in the squash.

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

TATERS game for easy viewing

WHEEL OF FORTUNE #12 Category movie title ( 2 words and date)

I put the asterisks in to separate the words. YOU CAN GUESS A VOWEL ONLY IF YOU HAVE GUESSED 2 LETTERS RIGHT

Worlds first Christmas movie title, and year?

S _ NT_*** _ _ _ _ S *** _ _ _ _

NO: R

Thanks Babette!

santa claus 1985 ?
Oh LK If you have not tried it you will love it >)

Ocean Springs, MS

Journee's dad will fix her car. Thank goodness, he can do it. When we were married, he bought a Jaguar and completely restored it for me. But with 3 young kids at the time, it was not a family car. Finally had to sell it for something practical.

I went a little wild this morning buying Amaryllis (one called Desire and one called Samba). a Paperwhite kit, and a Rose Poinsettia! Probably buy a few Christmas cactus Thursday at Lowes. I love flowers in the house during the winter. Want to get some hyacinths and tulips to force inside for January and February!

Well, I need to get going so I can prep some things for our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. BBL

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Julie, received the ornaments today and I love them. Thanks so much. I have 2 Christmas cactus already blooming. Just got in from work but wanted to take the time to say thank you. Kathy

sorry lk its 1885.

Ocean Springs, MS

Kathy, You are welcome! Glad you like them. Sorry it took me so long to mail.

Well, my Liam is here and he is becoming such a big boy. Doesn't want Nanny much because he wants to play games with the kids. But at least he wants to be here! Oh, how I love him!

Everyone have a good night! ♥

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

I hear you Julie! Gabriel is beginning to be more interested in games than playing with his Nanny, but he will still crawl in my lap every now and then , and how I will miss that when he finally decides he is too big of a boy to do it anymore. But until that day comes I will cherish every moment of it.

Susie you are correct.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi ladies,
I received my Christmas box late yesterday. I wanted to share all my wonderful gift I received from Ronna.
She sent me a beautiful Star of Holland Amaryllis bulb. Hazelnut coffee creamer which is my favorite favor. Peppermint tea bags perfect for this time of year. A pair of comfy blue sock slippers. A great idea to reuse Christmas cards, and turn into Christmas gift tags. They are very pretty tags. Three beautiful seashells. Which I collect shells. She also sent me 4 pretty Christmas tree ornaments. There is also a very cute round, glass votive holder with hand painter winter scene. A very pretty embellish decorative white rose. Missing in the picture is a beautiful silver mercury glass vase. I forgot I had put it in cabinet, so my cat wouldn't knock it over. I will take picture of it tomorrow to share it with everyone. It is very pretty. Ronna, Thank you so very much for all the wonderful gift you sent me. My Christmas is already starting off great.
Thanks again. Sending big HUGS.
Patti

This message was edited Nov 25, 2014 10:17 PM

Thumbnail by rose318
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Rose you are so welcome. I am just relieved that you are okay. Have not seen any posts from you. Life is busy I know. I am so glad you like everything. I am relieved all got there without being broken too. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas season.

Ocean Springs, MS

Beautiful box of goodies, Patti! Would love to see a picture of the amaryllis when it blooms! Hope you are doing well. :)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I got the idea for the tags I bought some at a crafts show. You can use any cards. For all seasons, birthdays, easter. Whatever. They are so easy to make.

Great box, Patti! I love the gift tag idea, so creative!

Wow! Look at all those goodies! Nice box of gifts you sent Ronna!

My box is due to arrive today, so please watch out for your postman!

Gm all Nice box rose off to bake my pies today & get my turkey washed & prepped for tomorrow :)
ya all have a safe day BBL

Victoria Harbour, ON

Somebody got spoilt..great items

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

Got a great box from LK today! Thank you so much! Love it! ;)

C - cookie cutters (will put these to use very shortly)
H - holiday music CD (very beautiful 101 string orchestra)
R - recipes (Irish cream fudge with the fixins!!)
I - Irish cream & icicles (sacrificed part of my "fixins" for a cuppa joe! ;)
S - Santa hat (always fun to wear)
T - Texas towel (will always think of Linda when I use this)
M - place mats (very pretty and reversible) made by Linda? Love these.
A - amaryllis (Samba) & animated nutcracker (always wanted to try forcing amaryllis)
S - old world Santa (fits right in with my other fellas)

Going to sit back, savor my spiked java, listen to some strings, and go through a stuffed box of round robin seeds! Sporting my Santa hat, of course!

This message was edited Nov 26, 2014 12:23 PM

Thumbnail by FloGro Thumbnail by FloGro Thumbnail by FloGro

Happy Thanksgiving! A little early, but I realize some of you will be otherwise occupied on the day of Thanksgiving as is to be expected. Have a wonderful holiday!

Looks like everything arrived safely?

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

Yes ma'am. Thank you! Bottom came loose from the nutcracker but it was an easy fix.

I love the Bailey's in my coffee too, as well on top of some vanilla ice cream! Yes, I made the placemats.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

First off Betty I think you need to adopt me...rofl. No one in my family makes anything. I am as crafty as they get and that is so so....lol The craft show I went to was great! I spent too much money...lol but picked up lots of small presents for lots of people. Found a guy who did amazing yard art and I just might get it for Christmas. Hate knowing what I am getting but I REALLY want this. lol
OMG there have been so many amazing boxes, wow.... Love to see the differences Beautiful.
Gardenlady that is a table topper and the last photo OM she is a cutie. The month pictures must be the thing. My niece is doing the same thing. I sure look forward to them.

I thought I was mailing earlier but didn't happen. Figured out I was still missing something but should be ddone by black Friday, so fingers crossed out Saturday.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Ronna,
I love the box of goodies you sent me. Thank you so very much.

I been her e,but under a lot of stress . My company I have worked for is being bought out. They want me to move with them ,but doctor wants me to move with him at another office. I am grateful I have two job offers, but my friends are going to the new job. I am very close to my doctor and his wife. I know I need to go with him. It is also best for my family. I been under a lot of stress ,so I am sorry I haven't been around. I have miss you all.
Patti

This message was edited Nov 26, 2014 6:45 PM

Sorry to hear your job is moving. I know you will make the right decision.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Linda . I have to be in control of my life, and when I don't I get very anxious. I then have to step away from things and take a breathe or two.

Ronna, I love that table top Julie. It's beautiful . Tracy you also received a awesome box too.

Patti

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I was just coserned Patti. Am glad all is good. You will make the desision that is best for you. Yes Julie did make a beautiful table topper for me. Llve it I have it on the table right now. Actually have a cleaned off table! First time in awhile. Lol.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Ronna for your concern. HUgs,
Patti

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.