Merry Christmas Swap: What did Santa bring? Part 2

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

A- An awesome angel ornament, I immediately placed on my tree, Looks like she is made from wide wired ribbon and a bell for the head.

S- Soft lip balm, flavored with chocolate and mint gelato. Can't wait to try this out!
Annette,thanks so much for the great box of goodies you sent, and I am sorry I had to make you wait to let you you know it arrived.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Victoria Harbour, ON

What a box, love the angel

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

Great box LK! She sent me a bottle of that air freshener in the gourmet swap and I love it! I've never seen those marshmallow bits either! Love mallows....great in hot chocolate! That sure sounds good right now too. It's downright frigid here!

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

So glad it arrived OK. I get really nervous when boxes don't show up when they say they have been delivered.
Yes LK the angel is made from wired ribbon, I have no doubt you will have it figured out shortly and making your own, if you haven't already. lol
I was just worried that the box got misdirected.
Funny story, remember I told you how we never use our front door? I had a pkg that was supposed to be sent to my P.O. box, but I never received a tracking #, so I emailed the guy I made the purchase from, and he tells me it was delivered by Ups 2 days ago and gives me a tracking #, tracking says it was delivered to my house (on the front porch.) Sure enough it was out there, been there since Wednesday! We found it this morning. It was my grandson's Christmas present, that I had a heck of a time getting, because they are sold out EVERYWHERE. I was sweating bullets there until I found that box! If the guy had sent me a tracking # in the first place, I might have thought to look out there for it. :/ But at least it wasn't raining!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Same here, several pj's left at front door, guess when we are expecting pkg it should be one of the first places to look.

Yep, sure Linda Kay has already made a few. Lol

That's just it, I wasn't expecting it to be delivered here at the house. lol No one was here at the house during the day, so it was quite a surprise but a pleasant one. This toy was the only thing my 5 yr old grandson asked for from Santa.

Ocean Springs, MS

Linda Kay, you have some beautiful presents! I buy the marshmallow bits and put them in hot chocolate. Good stuff! :)

I have been in a panic about packages, too. Our mail runs late and with the holiday season, it runs after dark! I was notified that I had 3 packages delivered Friday. kept checking the porch after dark and could not find anything. One was a box of arrows for my daughter's compound bow, so I knew it wouldn't fit in the mailbox. When i got up yesterday, I went outside looking for the packages. I was thoroughly (excuse my language) pissed when I found the packages next to the mailbox by the road! I live on a very busy road and I am just amazed that no one stole them. Needless to say, I will be calling the PO tomorrow and complaining. Our regular mailman is retiring and only works 2-3 days a week. I'm going to give the new mailman a good thrashing when he comes on Monday! It wasn't a good day for packages- one was broken (a factory defect I think because it was a 50th anniversary Rudolph clock from Bradford Exchange. The hour hand broke when I tried to set the time. Already requested a return ticket and refund. The other package had the wrong item sent to me. Sending it back for a refund because I'll never get the right thing in time for Christmas).

We put up our Christmas tree last night, and it was so wonderful. All the kids helped while we listened to Christmas music, made chocolate chip cookies, and drank hot chocolate! First time we have had a real tree in 16 years! Smells so good!

I think I'm going to close this thread later and we can continue to chat on the recipe exchange thread. Any objections?

Victoria Harbour, ON

sounds like a wonderful evening Julie
family time is the best!

Ocean Springs, MS

It sure is, Betty! ♥

Let's take our chat over to the Recipe exchange thread since this one is so long!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1382064/

Julie i just wanted to say thanks for another wonderful swap.

Yes Julie! This has been a fun swap. Thank you for being such a wonderful hostess.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Nice box LK as you I never heard of MM Bites we have MM Cream witch I use in some of my Candies .

well zoey & I made Caramel corn ,& More chex mix yesterday
Good thing we are haven a Mild Dec My New furnace is also Not working it won't stay lit the same as the other one .
there is Gas coming in but the pilot won't stay on , Jim will be over here later to see what is going on .

Its like a Spring day outside just wish the sun would come out I would work in the Garden :)
Yes flo the only santa I will see is the one you shared thank you he is perfect :)
Oh Zoey saw the Coal candy She didn't know what to think of it when I told her what coal meant in a stocking . she said you was silly to send me Coal for I'm a good Auntie :) hehe .

you all have a great day

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

lol...no doubt you're an awesome Auntie DJ! Tell her it was just a little prezzie for the mischievous side! Everybody needs a little...keeps things balanced.

Susie, I am sure Zoey knows what she is talking about when she says you are a good Auntie! I sent Amanda/Badcat a REAL lump of coal. lol.

Ocean Springs, MS

Girls, you are so very welcome for this wonderful swap! What a great success, thanks to all of you! :)

Susie, you are one great Auntie! Zoey is such a sweet girl. ♥

For anyone interested, there is a thread for sharing recipes and chat. Come and check it out.

Ocean Springs, MS

Thanks, Linda Kay! Some really good things being shared!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.