Nov Queen "FROGGIES_GIRL"

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

bout 5 days in that pic, 10 days now. Eyes should open soon. Took pics of some prev queen babies last night. Ill sort through today and post

Ocean Springs, MS

Oh, I love those babies! My daughter wants a drawf bunny, but I am debating. When her mouse died, she was so upset. Couldn't even stand to keep the cage in her room. She is so sensitive, really overwhelmed by any kind of loss because of Hurricane Katrina. She panics if she can't find something. Poor baby, she lost her innocence way too soon. After Katrina, the only toy she had was a Polly Pocket. She held onto that little plastic doll like it was gold.

This Queen is cleaning house today, getting ready for Colt and his family for Thanksgiving. Liam is coming to stay tomorrow! Can't wait to get my little man! :)

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Wow this has been a chatty Month we only have about one More week before we hand over the Crown so I have Put up our Christmas Queen's Thread . so you have time to shop , sorry If I have been late in doing so :)

Nanny23:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1381564/

I know this is long I was just hopping we could hold in here till the 30 th :) I find it is better when I use the "skip to new"that way
it takes me to where i left off :)
you all have a great day BBL

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Susie, what were you talking about only a few in the jar? I missed something I guess. O! Was it oysters?

yes the Oysters ,I wish I could go near an Ocean where all they serve is Fresh Seafood , :) well off to frost my Cookies,
you all have a great day BBL

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Julie my box went out today. You should have it by Wednesday.

Ocean Springs, MS

Nanny is our Christmas Queen! YAY!

Susie, talked to Moma this morning and oysters are going for $65 a sack, and $25 a quart! Bet they are salty this year because of the lack of rain! We got a quart, but we will fry them.

Thank you, Linda Kay. Looking forward to it! :)

Oh wow there went my Budget for the Month :) hehe
On & Off Snow today HIGH WINDS Even my Charley wants to come in to get warm he's & the babies are sitting here beside me :) I got to take him out to the barn So you all have a great eve try to be BL

Ocean Springs, MS

Susie, last year when I was in Maine, I bought fresh lobsters for $4.00 a pound! And they were so good! :)

Victoria Harbour, ON

at those prices I'm doing the happy dance that I don't like sea food/fish

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Queen Julie, Your box will be going out this morning! Should be there by Friday, but you know how the USPS is. I hope the holiday doesn't hang it up somewhere between here and the palace. This sounds like a busy week in the Kingdom, your Majesty!

Gm Queen , Thats where i need to travel to never been there :))) I Do not eat allot of seafood but i like to use it in my Cooking this time of the year :)

well went out to feed & water & the light snow on the ground crackle as I walked out on it Slippery so not sure what the roads are like , but i have to go for my Blood draw .

So you have a great day BBL

Ocean Springs, MS

Betty, around here, lobsters go for about $19.99 a pound! Those Maine lobsters were cheap and the best I've ever tasted.
Growing up on the coast of MS, many of my uncles were fishermen. We always had fresh seafood! Daddy would catch mullet and go oystering when he had time. Remember when my uncle would come home after being on the boat for a week. He'd boil, fry, and make gumbo with whatever he brought home. When our plate was put in front of us, we did not ask questions, we ate whatever was there! No waste back then! :)

I'm enjoying my last week as Queen! Now which of you is coming to cook my Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow? LOL

Sorry My Week is full Baking here for my Neighbor :) I have my Turkey Thawing in the frig going to make My "Grams" Special cramberry Salad It is soso Good even better after it sits for a couple days Before . if i was to make it today there wouldn't be any left for TG dinner :) so will make tomorrow :)

Julie maybe we should meet & go to Ma Together Next time you plan a trip :) hate to travel alone :)

Your highness,, I will be mailing on Friday! Late as usual,,,,lol

Ocean Springs, MS

Susie, my next planned trip is to Salem, MA, and NYC next May. That's where Journee wants to go for her graduation gift. Then I'll be going to Disney World next October with Colt and his family. They are taking the kids and invited me to go.

Elfie, Friday is fine. Don't stress over me. I'm not watching the clock! LOL

I'm going to prep some things for our dinner tomorrow. Check in later. ♥

well maybe one day when we get older we old ladies can plan a trip :) hehe my big brother just called me its rainy & cool in fla he says &I told him it is VERY COLD & Snowy up this way:(
we swapped recipes :)
well off to watch my christmas movie ya all have a great eve .

Ocean Springs, MS

Yes, Susie, I do want to plan a trip through our country's heartland. One thing on my bucket list is to go on an archeological dig (for dinosaurs...they fascinate me)! Most of the digs are in Montana, so I will definitely get together with you then.

My Liam is here! Oh, he is so grown up! Not my little baby anymore, but he still loves being with Nanny!

Hope you all have a good night! ♥

Gm all sure it will be a busy Day for all it will be here but i just had to stop in & say GM & wish ya a safe day if you are traveling . BBL:

Ocean Springs, MS

Just wanted to stop in real quick to say "THANK YOU" to Linda Kay and Patti! Got your boxes a few minutes ago, but I could only take a sneak peek because everyone is here for thanksgiving Dinner! Love everything. Will try to post pics tonight when all calms down! ♥

Take your time Julie. Enjoy the family and give those babies hugs from us!

Ocean Springs, MS

Happy Thanksgiving, my DG family!
I had a blessed day with my children, grandchildren, Moma, and my aunt Louise yesterday! We cooked, talked, laughed, ate, took pictures, and made Christmas crafts with the grandchildren. My DDIL took pictures, so as soon as I get them, I'll share.

Got 2 boxes from my ladies Patti and Linda Kay. My kids were calling me Queen and my youngest daughter was hovering over me while I peeked inside. Did take pictures of Patti's, but I had to get back to the family.
Patti, thank you for a beautiful box of goodies! The dishtowel is lovely. Love the fleur de lis hangers! A mardi Gras print and mask that my daughter wants (I'll put it in her Christmas stocking. She love masks!) And a red cross with a fleur de lis in the middle! It is absolutely stunning!
Linda Kay, got your box and love everything! Still haven't had time to look at everything, but i love what I've seen! Thank you!

My cousin is researching our family tree on my maternal grandmother's side! My aunt Louise came over yesterday and showed me a picture of my great-grandmother Corean. I have heard stories about her over the years, but when I saw the picture, I was in awe! My cousin said I was Corean's reincarnation, and put my picture next to Corean's! here's the picture. I am amazed!

Taking the kids shopping today just to get out for a while. Everyone have a blessed day! ♥

Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl

Julie, sounds like you had a great day. I love all the Pressies Patti sent.
And yes, you look like your Grandmother.

Ocean Springs, MS

Happy Thanksgiving, my ladies! ♥

Linda kay, I LOVE everything you sent me! Treated me very royally!
Got the snowman placemats (already on my table)
The Tshirt is perfect! Just right for me! LOL
4 pieces of Christmas fabric (love the prints; need to figure out what I'm going to make)
Aloe-infused socks (so soft and warm)
Cherry Cordial Kisses (can't wait to try them)
Resurrection Plant (plan to mount it on a piece of driftwood)
A Texas magnet (on the fridge)
Pumpkin pie Spice coffe creamer (addicted to this :)
Dunkin Donuts Dark Coffee (thank you! the darker-the better)
Once again, thank you so much for everything! ♥

Have a good night! :)

Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Julie, I am so glad you like your box of goodies. It was fun shopping for just the right gifts. Enjoy!
Patti

Glad you like everything Julie. Enjoy.

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Your Highness you have another box scheduled to be delivered tomorrow according to the tracking. I hope they are right this time. The last package I mailed took way longer to get there than it was supposed to. Fingers crossed that it shows up tomorrow. Check your Dmail for tracking info.

Ocean Springs, MS

Checked my dmail. My mailman is the best. He always meets me with a smile. he has gone to part-time because he is retiring soon. I will miss him.

Thank you all for a month that has made me feel very special. You have treated me with royalty! Still have a few more days before I relinquish my crown. ♥

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

I am so sorry your highness, you can send me to the dungeon if you like. I had your box ready Wednesday, got busy with Thanksgiving and promised myself I would mail today but I feel terrible. I've picked up bug of some kind, headache, sore throat, etc. I won't make it out today but will try to get it mailed to you tomorrow.
Again, I apologize for being such a procrastinator. I have disrespected our Queen.

Ocean Springs, MS

Turtles, your Queen is patient and forgiving. You get better and mail it when you can. My birthday is Dec. 17, so any late boxes will be royal birthday surprises! :)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning your majesty from a winter wonderland
Hooe sunshine fills your kingdom today

Ocean Springs, MS

Thank you, Betty! :)

So what do you all think of the fun Being a queen for a Month :) ? so far anyway :) Going to make up some check mix goodies today . My neighbor handed me 4 boxes of chex cerial last night when I took them super so that was the hint :)
so off to find the recipies for them , u all have a great day.

Ocean Springs, MS

Susie, being Queen has been a beautiful experience for me. I am feeling very pampered and loved! And I don't mind if some people are late getting boxes to me because it just means that I have more to remind me that I'm special! :)

What kind of chex mix did you make? I usually make 2 large foil roasting pans full for Christmas. The kids love it. I add things to it, like cheez-its and zatarain's seasoning (little bit of heat). I think I might try a small batch of smores mix. The possibilities are endless.

Y'all have a good evening. ♥

Oh my gosh,, I woke up with the worst cold!! I feel just like poisondartfrog,, whaaaaa,,, no mail went out today so sorry....

Sorry to hear You two as sick, I hope your feeling better soon.

Susie, I have enjoyed this swap a lot too.

I Made a Puppy Chow Mix today for them then I Went to Dinner at Jims & played cards after came home & Now I'm zapped going to lay back for the night with movies :)

sorry your not feeling well ladies I Hope its just a bug & will be gone soon . just wanted to say Gn & Back in the morning

Victoria Harbour, ON

Seems this cold is going around both in your and my neck of the woods..fighting it as well..

Had plumber come in and finish the new system I'mi nstalling as a safeguard against further flooding..workmen just had to endure me in my jammies

Ocean Springs, MS

PDF and Elfie, get well soon!

Susie, puppy chow mix is yummy!

Betty, glad you have a safeguard and hope you feel better!

Ocean Springs, MS

Annette, I'm doing the happy dance... got your box and everything made the trip just fine! :)
Halloween Shirt "Good Witch Gone Bad" is just ME!
Cozy Slipper Socks (wearing them tonight because my others have holes in them!)
Seeds - Passiflora Incarnata, 'Ruby Moon' Hyacinth Bean, Purple Hyacinth Bean (C'mon Spring)
Dark chocolate seasalt caramel bar (daughters are fighting over it; I might share) LOL
Pretty Flower "S" hook for my sunroom (much needed)
A miniature Angel pot hanger (so cute)
Cardinal Ornament (absolutely gorgeous)
PLANTS: 'Cavendish' Dwarf Banana, Asparagus Fern, Passiflora incarnata, Red stem EE, Mother of Thousands, Haworthia 'Zebra', and Canna scarlet with yellow edge
Getting the plants potted up tomorrow and lovingly placed in my sunroom!
Annette, thank you so much for everything! I love it, love it, love it! Your thoughtfulness and generosity is much appreciated!

All of you have sent me such wonderful gifts! Don't know what I did to deserve all of this, but I love each of you and am so thankful for our friendship! ♥

Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.