September Thru Fall Blooms

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Please add your pictures of your fall bloomers here.
Mama's Cherry Pie
MCP
Autumn King
Black Eyed Stella
Look Here Mary

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Some more !!
Dragon King
Seminole Princess
King Of Camelot - LFO
Beautiful Edgings
Genesta

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Few more!
Endless Heart
Spacecoast Hot Topic
Bridgeton Ivy League
Bridgeton Ivy League x 2
One Last Pie - LFO

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Few More!!
Blast From The Past
Classic Rose - LFO
On And On
Centerton One
Caesar's Head

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Last few ! LOL!
Going Bananas - rebloom
Innocent Bystander - LF'sO. Last white to bloom here.
Redhill - LFO
Sandra Elizabeth
August Flame

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Found a few more!!
Star Lane
Stella's Pink Pretty
Noid - LF'sO
Dynamite Returns
Final Touch

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Can't believe you have so many still blooming Mike. Mine are busy making seed pods. I only have 3 blooming Suzy Cream Cheese, Galaxy Explosion on rebloom and Heartbeat of Heaven. Found a rebloom scape on Chinese Temple Flower so that will be blooming in about a week. In the 20 years I have had it, this is the first ever that it has rebloomed.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Cindy, I am surprise too. I am crossing some of my late dips with Autumn King to try and come up with something other than yellow. It was done with Sandra Elizabeth so I see no reason why it can't be done with AK. AK set pod everytime I dab pollen on it.
Here is AK with a couple of the seven scapes showing. Autumn King and Genesta could produce a nice yellow orange bitone. Both AK and Genesta have super branching also. I had a nine way branching on AK last season. Genesta is right up there if happy. I am cutting down some scapes today and doing some bud count.
Final Touch - poly
Dragon Knife - look at all the buds on the two rebloom scape. Got this plant in the spring of 2013 from Abundantdaylilies. He sent enough that I split it and planted it in two separate area of the garden and both are doing great. Can't wait to see what it does next year.
Stella's Sparky - is reblooming her little heart out. Stella's Ruffled Fingers is sending up more scapes.
Cindy how is your Rosy Returns doing? I have at least six rebloom scapes coming up on one of the clump.
Black Eyed Stella is also sending up a lot of scapes.

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Well I forgot to mention Rosy Returns. I just found it blooming again yesterday. It has at least 2 reblooms scapes that I can see. Happy Returns and Stella D'oro are reblooming also.

Mike I just have to ask the name of the beautiful daylily linked to your profile. Actually you seem to have quite the collection. Mama's Cherry Pie kind of looks like Party Pinafore (at least I think that's the name). Do you have a large property?

I have a relatively big lot, by city standards, but small in comparison to most. Also there is no daylily society here so I scrounge what information I can off of this site, ahs site, and a few others.

I forgot to respond to your question....the following are still blooming in my brr zone:

- First Knight
- Janice Brown
- Stella Supreme...buds should rebloom any day
- Becky Lynn....buds should rebloom any day
- Entrapment...still a handful of buds blooming
- Northwind Dancer...bloomed yesterday, with a couple more to come

Last year Indian Giver was the last to bloom, however not only did I move it this spring, but I divided it last week so needless to say there are no blooms.

Sorry I don't have photos.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Scrapinthehat, you will have more blooms from Indian Giver next year to make up for the move.
Janice Brown, Entrapment, Indian Giver and Northwind Dancer does very well here.
The name of the flower in my avatar is King Of Camelot. I got it from the hybridizer, Mike Grossman as a gift a couple years ago. It is still one fan, nevertheless it rebloomed from that one fan. I have one other plant that did that, "Romancing Summer".
My lot is almost one and one half acre.
What would we all do without the internet?? LOL!! There are good sources out there for gardening info. That's how I obtain most of my gardening knowledge along with my own trial and error. That's where I also learn about what's long blooming in other gardens and incorporate some in mine.

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB

What a lovely gift. Daylilies have sure come a long way in the last 10 years.

Thanks for posting pics, they are so pretty. Really like the coloration on Indian Giver....white edging is still a bit unusual. Maybe that is what drew me to King of Camelot? I am revamping a bed in the front yard and have put Heavenly Angel Ice, Russian Ragtime, and Indian Giver together. I would like to add another and was thinking about Forty Days and Forty Nights or now maybe King of Camelot. Would KOC match the coloring of Indian Giver or is it more burgundy?

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Wow HazelCrestMikeB you have some spectacular blooms going there. The only DLs I have blooming at the moment are Stella D' Oro and Happy Returns. I have a lot of new ones that I just got this year, so I am hoping next year ,they will really be popping . I have acquired 22 different DLs and have more on the way! I am really looking forward to next Summer!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Scrapinthehat, KOC would be close to Indian Giver. HAI is a fav here also.
Nanny23, did you get some ML, L and VL in your order?
Stella's Ruffled Fingers - reblooming
Rosy Returns - reblooming
Caesar's Head - thought this was the last bloom on CH then I saw the next pic.

I don't think so. I must admit I am not familiar enough with all the names to recognize your shorthand there. lol
I did order Stella's Ruffled Fingers, Black Eyed Stella, Over the Top, Root Beer Truffle, and Reedy Creek Magic. Since I am jumping in with both feet, I ordered some that wouldn't break the bank, but still looked like they would be a nice addition to my new collection. I just can't afford some of those pricey DLs, but they are so gorgeous! Maybe I will ask for some for Mother's Day, next year. ;)

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Gee Mike. My Caesar's Head has never rebloomed for me. Not likely to this year. The nights are already starting to get cold. Got down to 56 the other night.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Nanny, shorthand is what they use for daylilies that bloom. ML= mid late season, L= late season and VL = very late. In addition to that there's the EE= extra early, E = early. EM = early mid and MID = mid, and of course there are the rebloomers.
We all started out on the economical scale and as the addiction grew we got a little braver with our spending. LOL! You can't go wrong with BES. She consistently rebloom here until killing frost. Stella's Pink Pretty and Stella's Sparky are right there also.
Why wait for Mother's Day, what about Thanksgiving, Christmas and Valentine's Day??? LOL!!
Cindy, CH has only been here a couple years. This may be a fluke. This is the third rebloom scape on this clump. I have another clump that didn't rebloom as far as I recall. Will check.

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Starlane!!!!!!

Thanks for that info! I learn something new every day around here. lol I have no idea which ones bloom when. I guess I need to research that.

Thanks for replying about KOC Mike. This type of info is hard to determine by looking at pictures alone.

I like to create groups of Daylilies with coordinating colors ie. Strawberry Candy with Lacy Doilly and When My Sweetheart Returns. And, as mentioned, RR with HAI & IG, and possibly
KOC or FDAFNights.

Ideally I would love a site that would show these kinds of groupings with similar rather than contrasting color tones. Trial and error is a slow and expensive process ;)

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Scrapinthehat, that can be done with a lot of rearranging. Just have to find the time to do it.
Badcat, do you like that Starlane??
Nanny23, there's a lot of info out there to learn from.

As it turns out I ordered a variety of bloom times on my new DLs. Quite by accident, I assure you. lol
I did choose some that were labeled "Reblooming". More bang for my buck, so to speak. I now have over 30 named and a few noid DLs, most are new this year. Badcat is the largest contributor to my new collection, so I owe her a big THANK YOU! She has been so generous with her DLs , and other plants as well. :)

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Nanny23, Badcat might be "BAD" (LOL!!) but she's a nice person with good intensions. She sent me some of her homemade goodies not long ago. Good luck with the new order.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Mike- I like that one..but not as much as KOC!!! lol

Nanny- Just some goodies I found on sale!!! Helps when you see what Im buying on fb lol ;)

Ok now quit ruining my image of being a bad cat!!! Last day to vote for the dg fair. Karens been populating my garden like who dunnit this year, shes the nice one!!! LOL I have a list to send her this spring. Got a mess of DLs im excited about seeing next spring from bonnie!

Badcat is a sweetheart, no matter what she says, lol Thanks MIke. My DLs that I got this Spring have really grown. I am looking forward to seeing the blooms next year!

BC- I am excited too!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Bloom of the day here! 6 healthy kits, im stoked!!! :)

Thumbnail by badcat
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Stella's Ruffled Fingers, not relishing the cold over night temps. This was yesterdays bloom still holding up this morning.
Look Here Mary - LFO on plant in the back garden.
Beautiful Edgings - the flower in LHM's background.
Dragon's Knife - two days ago. There are two flowers open today.
Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangea - still sending out new flowers.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

I'm here... Should have known there'd be a September thread!

Ollalie Mack, blooming for at last a week already.

Completely missed getting a pic of Late Flair. It just did one scape, planted last fall, also from Bloomingfields. Unfortunately the garden wasn't ready when I got my order from them so they went in pots and got planted really late. Postlude never bloomed at all this year, and some of the others didn't make much of a showing. Hopefully next year will be better.

The new ones from Oak Hills got much better treatment, and are already growing nicely.

Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Mike all your blooms are amazing! Black eyed Stella has not re-bloomed for me. :( Our weather has been so crazy this summer - nice, with much cooler temps than normal and more than average rainfall - that I am not sure they know what season it is. Supposed to be extremely hot this weekend though to send summer out with a bang!

That King of Camelot is gorgeous - I have really enjoyed seeing its blooms.... and I like that August Flame as well.

Badcat, congratulations on those babies..... what breed of rabbits do you raise? I love those stripes down the back! :)

Thumbnail by gen2026
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Quote from badcat :
Bloom of the day here! 6 healthy kits, im stoked!!! :)

These are so tiny! What are they?

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

I do have two from september plus a pink Mandevilla that is taking off. They must not like hot weather. LOL. I planted moving pictures separately because I got two single fans instead of a double. The one in part shade has a deeper color like what you see on the internet. This one was pale when it opened. (pic3). Still very pretty.

1-Mandevilla
2-MANGO NECTAR
3-MOVING PICTURES
4-POT GHETTO (I need professional help here!)

Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Moving Pictures is gorgeous!!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Wow- I totally agree that Moving Pictures is gorgeous!!

Badcat raises Rabbits to show........... apparently those are the new arrivals. Tiny little things!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Sorry!!! English Spots, new arrivals :)

VR- Pot Ghetto made me LOL to the point the boys came to see what I was laughing at..they didnt get it LOL. Doesnt look like a ghetto! Love the blooms :)

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Thank you for the compliments, I thought you would like 'Moving Pictures'!

Badcat, it's a semi-neat ghetto. LOL. I love the rabbits and if you call 'spot' do they all come? LOL.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Mike, Beautiful Blooms! Look here Mary must be a good bloomer, you have been posting her for a while. Does LHM get up to 30" in your garden?

Badcat, Your blooms are the cutest! :-)

Susan, You have a beautiful disguise for your "pot ghetto" . Your doing better, your "pot ghetto is getting smaller, or it looks like it anyway. All of us addicts have pot ghetto's, it's part of the addiction. You've already reached step1 in recovery, you have admitted your addiction. I have no idea what step 2 is. We don't need to rush things. Lol

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Step two is to stop ordering? LOL.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

That's great! I'm on the road to recovery! I haven't ordered any daylilies since the end of August.
I can't promise anything come Spring time. Lol But, I'm going to try to not buy any new plants. I never stopped buying and planting this year, until a few weeks ago. I still have bulbs coming to plant. I have a big area dug out for them, just waiting for them to arrive.

Good luck with that step 2. Lol I haven't been able to make that happen. ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.