September Thru Fall Blooms

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

I read somewhere that Morning Glory seeds are viable for 80 years! Yikes!

Pam that would not surprise me. I think the same with white moonflowers. LOL! Mother Nature is wise.

Another seed weedy plant is Malva. I made that mistake years ago, and killed them 2 years later. I am still finding seedlings and on my neighbor's side that I spray before I lose control.

Oenothera speciosa with pretty pink blooms spreads happily underground. Another one of my mistakes.

I wish nurseries would be honest and mention if a plant is weedy, or at least say they spread.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

blomma,
(Oenothera speciosa) I started to buy some seeds last year, guess it is a good thing I didn't. The seeds were from Swallowtail and they did not mention that it was a noxious weed or invasive.
I have heard about the Malva.

Nanny,
Mine have mostly stopped. I found a couple of Dahlia, some berries, and my Camellia bush is blooming and maybe a few more flowers on Pink Double Knockout Rose. This weekend is supposed to be cold and wet, I mean the 50's as a high. Yikes, I might need a coat. Around here it is not good to be cold and wet, Pneumonia is common.

Pfg, Yikes!

Thumbnail by virginiarose
Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

virginiarose, It is supposed to snow here tomorrow night!
Stay warm and dry, don't need Pneumonia.
I am not looking forward to snow at all. BOOOOO!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Yikes! I hope to do not get a lot and I hope it melts really fast! I saw that the high for Sunday here is 53 and that is the coldest high so far and the lowest low has been 43° but Sunday night will be down to 38! That is the coldest so far but I will be warm and dry!

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Well the weatherman finally got it right! Unfortunately! It did snow last night, about an inch. But it didn't all stick on the ground. A lot of rooftops were covered this morning and spots here and there. I think it is snowing right now. :(

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

We got some rain and snow yesterday.
Bitsy and Mums.
Rosy Returns - not the greatest pic.
Hibiscus - reblooming
Dahlia blooms that were brought indoors
Dragon Knife

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Love the Hibiscus and Dahlia, such big blooms! I still got rebloom on Knockout Roses, and one Dahlia, not as pretty as Mikes.

No snow for us just lots of wind and rain from this nor'easter, it feels colder than it is but worst tomorrow.

Thumbnail by virginiarose Thumbnail by virginiarose
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Susan, hang in there it will get warmer for you soon.
MIke

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Thanks for encouragement! You are right, today is a high of 72°, and I am off!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Lucky you!! LOL!!

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Oh Mike. Just 75 mi north from you and all is dead or sleeping for the winter. BEV

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi Bev, good to see you. Spring is just around the corner. That's what I keep telling myself. LOL!!!
It has been over a year now since you broke your hand. Is it back to normal??? Mike

It's a pretty big corner, but I'm with you, lol. Meanwhile I already started ordering - Bluestone's 50% sale has started. Gotta keep it all going somehow!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Hello all....just catching up with everybody as life and work have been crazy for the past month! Hope all are well and staying warm!

We were down in the teens two weeks ago! But, thankfully the forecast is for 60s daytime temps for most of this week.

Genna

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Pfg, you enabler! You would have to mention Bluestone, now I have the urge to go look. I was looking around on SRG last night and they have some good stuff on clearance for 2.99, Ha who is the enabler now? I was able to slap myself before I pressed, 'proceed to checkout'. Whoa!

Sorry to hear about all the bad weather up north, especially Buffalo, NY. Bless their hearts, such a terrible thing to go through and I have not heard of anyone going up there to help them, It is sad.

We had a beautiful windy day with a high of 79°, felt more like 69, LOL. Maybe the winds will blow the leaves away, I need to start cooking tomorrow, so good to be off for my birthday and having an early Thanksgiving, so I can work Thursday and Friday. :(

SRG??? Don't know what that is- What kind of enabling is that, lol?

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday Susan.
Genna and Pam good to see you both !
Twenties around here today. Everything is frozen in time. LOL!!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Thanks Mike!
Seems like we might be getting some of your cold weather next week, wish I could send you all some of the warmth.

Pfg, We can pass the time on cold winter days by shopping on Bluestone and just leave the stuff in the cart. As long as you do not go to checkout, it is free only you do not actually get plants. LOL. Look on the bright side, it is less work in the spring.

My brother was headed to Syracuse, NY. for Thanksgiving and I had to call him early this morning and give him the bad news about the winter-storm warning for NY and other states on the eastern side. Yikes, not a good time to be on the road. I do hope everyone will be safe and warm.

Susan

The problem is, when something sells out it disappears from your cart!

And yikes indeed!

My DD and SIL will driving 3 hours to get here. If the storm is on schedule, they will be in it the whole time. My Gkids aren't coming up until Thursday morning, by train. Depending on what happens with the weather, we may be all meeting in NYC instead. It's no fun up here when the power goes out!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

@ 50% off it will definitely sell out quickly. You must snatch them up and proceed to check out ASAP! I got some winterberries the fall before last and only paid 7.00 for them @ the 50% off sale, they are doing well.

At one point I had stuff in there for a whole year! It always starts off as a wish list and I delete stuff and they delete stuff, so eventually I end up with two plants and I might actually buy them. LOL.

My brother spent the night in a hotel, he was only 7.5 hours away from Syracuse when they stopped for the night. I am so glad they stopped.

No fun without power, especially on Thanksgiving, NYC will be better. Where is DD and Gkids coming from?

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Hi Mike. Thanks for asking about the wrist. It is well but for a little Arthritis. I fell and broke the left wrist just about 10 weeks ago but all is well that ends well. A little more arther but already had that. You and all have nice holidays for me ok. BEV

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
Bev the last couple years has been something for you. 2015 should be a breeze!!! LOL!
It's just cold around here with fifties coming for the weekend. Saw a few seeds in the Pinetree catalog that I am interested in.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

We get really cold - then warm..... went from temps in the teens and 20s back up to mid 70s then back to 30s now supposed to go back up to mid 60s today! What a rollercoaster! My son gets married Jan 3 and is worried about freezing weather - I told him the way things are going it might be 75 with a chance of tornadoes. We have had that at Christmas before.......... one year snow, the next year tornado warnings so you never know what January will bring!

Hope everyone is well. I am burning the candle at both ends and running out of space between!! Putting in lots of hours at work and trying to get ready for Christmas and a wedding....its going to be a crazy month! Everyone stay safe and warm!

Genna

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Genna, don't forget to take your vitamins! LOL!! You are going to need it with all that you have going on. Wishing that all goes well and the weather cooperate. We will be hanging out around 40°f the next few days. Got my hands full also with the "honey do" list.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.