Daylilies: September Thru Fall Blooms, 1 by HazelCrestMikeB

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HazelCrestMikeB

In reply to: September Thru Fall Blooms

Forum: Daylilies

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of September Thru Fall Blooms
HazelCrestMikeB wrote:
Cindy, I am surprise too. I am crossing some of my late dips with Autumn King to try and come up with something other than yellow. It was done with Sandra Elizabeth so I see no reason why it can't be done with AK. AK set pod everytime I dab pollen on it.
Here is AK with a couple of the seven scapes showing. Autumn King and Genesta could produce a nice yellow orange bitone. Both AK and Genesta have super branching also. I had a nine way branching on AK last season. Genesta is right up there if happy. I am cutting down some scapes today and doing some bud count.
Final Touch - poly
Dragon Knife - look at all the buds on the two rebloom scape. Got this plant in the spring of 2013 from Abundantdaylilies. He sent enough that I split it and planted it in two separate area of the garden and both are doing great. Can't wait to see what it does next year.
Stella's Sparky - is reblooming her little heart out. Stella's Ruffled Fingers is sending up more scapes.
Cindy how is your Rosy Returns doing? I have at least six rebloom scapes coming up on one of the clump.
Black Eyed Stella is also sending up a lot of scapes.