September: Is summer over??

Ripley, MS

Oh no, Charlotte, that is very scary ! So much meanness out there these days. I sure hope she is ok.
All the waitress had to do was tell her manager that we told her to add it, which I am sure is probably what she did if she was the guilty one. Unless there was someone there to witness it, it would be our word against hers, I know y'all go to local places and they probably recognize you. I doubt this would have happened if we were "regular" customers there.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

No it can easily happen and does all the time. That!s why I watch my charges very closely. One resturant we go to regularly had an employee that did major damage. Lots of cards were compromised. I think they were using one of those scanners or something like that. That device that lets them get all the information from your card and then clone it.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Hi everybody. Everyone must be busy and enjoying the fall weather!

Marilyn, so good to hear from you, and by now you and Sandra must have met up (or maybe that is today)! Hope y'all have a great lunch. I'm sure there will be three or two things to talk about, lol!

Charlotte, I was just reading that they found the real-estate lady's body near Cabot. I had read they believe they have the guy who did this horrible thing. It is just awful, and I am praying for that sweet girl from UVA too that there is some closure for her family soon too. I read they may be able to solve another case in VA from several years back that they can link to the same guy.

I hate to hear about all the credit card fraud. Earl's card was scammed on a vacation several years back. The bank called him about some suspicious charges. They first started with a few small charges and then tried to charge a couple of big ones. We are fairly certain it was in a gift shop at one of the National Parks. They hire a lot of foreigners now and we believe they are in on these scams. Since we're about to go out of town tomorrow, we'll be diligent about checking our accounts and using a lot more cash.

Tipping - I will gladly tip even if food is not so good but the service is fine, but even if the food is wonderful and the service is lousy, our tip will reflect it. We're really good tippers 98% of the time but there is no way I will leave a big tip (15% or better) to non-attentive or surly wait staff.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I don't understand how they go about doing all the scamming but I've had CC's cloned twice. Both times someone in CA was trying to make charges and both times I was called by the CC company because they felt it was suspicious.( I had not been to CA anytime around the time this happened. They actually have a department I learned that constantly monitors this type activity. I also learned that they can actually get the information from your card by just pointing some kind of device that can be ordered off the internet at you. It particulary works when you put your card in your pocket. The lady I that called me from the CC company told me all this when I started asking questions about how they could get my information. So actually we can't totally protect ourselves from this type activity. I even had my telephone cloned years ago. After I was notified by the phone company I knew exactly when it happened. I was in CA and was talking on the phone and something really weird happened while I was talking (can't remember exactly what now). I just always watch my bills now and monitor my bank account with a debit card tied to it daily.

The realtor that was killed in Little Rock just shows how many sick people there are in this world. She was a seasoned realtor and a top producer. She knew what she was doing. But for some reason he targeted her. She was showing a foreclosed property very close to where she lived. Very familiar territory for her. I feel so sorry for her family. The person they have arrested is a 7 time convicted felon. He is out on parole now. He was supposed to have served through 2017 but got out for good behavior. He is also on a online dating site and was trolling for dates after the realtor went missing. You never know who is on those sites! Someone showed a screen shot where he had tried to contact her just a couple of days ago. She said she was done with online dating services.

We've actually had several sad weird things like this happen recently. There is still a young 15 year old girl missing in a town about 60 miles from here and another girl missing somewhere in the state - can't remember the details. A lady was seriously injured in some kind of attack at the mall in Hot Springs just recently. Another lady killed in the parking lot of a business when some deranged person was speeding through the lot trying to get away the police or something! It just goes on and on. Just a crazy world. We just have to be on our toes at all times. Richard has a hanidcapped parking tag and I always use it when I go to the mall. I'm not going to park out in the lot where I have to walk any distance. I park directly in front of a door. It's a shame we can't just go about our business anymore without having to be so fearful and cautious.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Just found out the reason we've not heard from Sandra is because Mrs. Mills is in the hospital. Kathy Ann sent her a text about the RU at Jim's this weekend and she replied that Mrs. Mills is in the hospital so she can't go. I sent her a text asking how she is and really didn't get answer. She answered my text but didn't say how Mrs. Mills is doing or what is wrong.

Ripley, MS

I will be going up there soon, here is the situation. Jerry brought his sister Nellie out to stay with. Their Mom Friday night so we could go see Cayla Sat-Sun
She had some kind of spell Friday night that she just lost control of her body for a short time, she couldn't even straighten up in her chair, Nellie asked her if she should call Jerry but Mammaw said NO, she didn't want her to call. We got up Sat morning and left, late Sat Jerry called to see how they were doing and Nellie told him she wasn't doing well. She also had a fever Friday night and she hadn't been able to pee all day Sat. He called another sister that is about 30 minutes away to go see what she thought. Jerry said we would wait and see what Cathy said before we went home, I told him we just as well to start home if she had fever, something was wrong. We got back to Ripley MS just as they had her in the triage room, the doc there checked her blood and urine and found nothing and sent her home. Cathy was staying the night so we got to bed about 2am-before 3 Cathy called Jerry and told him she said her chest was hurting and she couldn't breathe. He took a thermometer with him and she had 101 temp. Sunday morning I called the ambulance to come for her. She hit the floor Sat night with Jerry and Cathy both holding on to her. He didn't think she could get to the car. I called her home health nurse and she said to not try to take her anywhere on her portable oxygen it would not be enough if she got in distress. The best Doc in Tippah county was on duty and he kept her. Monday he told us there was not any infection, her kidneys had almost shut down because her blood pressure was way to low. It was 40 on bottom when we got her to the hospital. She had fluid around her heart from the kidneys not acting and was in congestive heart failure. He has changed up some of her medicine, the main culprit being the neurotin, he said that drug caused swelling and he didn't want her to have it anymore. He is giving her elavil and ultram for her pain. He came in this afternoon and told Glenda--the other sister--that her fluid level was 14000- normal should be 4000. He will keep her a couple. More days and try to get more fluid off her.
Also today Cayla took Eli to Vanderbilt for the tests, they did give him a diagnosis of autism.
It changes nothing, but allows the 2 therapist to keep coming. The docs there said they were doing everything that they would recommend and to keep it up. There is one more type of therapy they can do, but the insurance will not allow it and one of the ones he has already at the same time.
I sent Kenny a message last night that I probably would not be able to come this week end, and I also didn't get to have lunch with Marilyn because they ca,e through on Sunday. We had already cancelled it because we were going to be at Caylas. I found on another thread she and I are on that she is home but her Internet is out.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

My goodness Sandra you've had a lot going on!!!

Neurotin is just not a good drug! They should take that stuff off the market. I hope she gets to doing better soon.

At least Cayla now has a diagnosis although I'm sure it was one she didn't want to hear. But knowing will allow them to work with him better. Richard has a nephew with an autistic son. He is around 9 or 10. His wife is a psychologist and had the ability to make more money than he could so he was the one they decided to stay home with the kids. He is a stay at home mom/dad. They felt one of them should stay home with him and work with him. He goes to school and has learned to function relatively well. He doesn't like crowds of people and they always find someone to take care of him when they are going to be in those situations.. For example Richard's old church had a 100 year celebration with a service and then lunch for the congregation. They brought their daughter but left him with someone. But he is an intelligent child and doesn't have any problem learning. I think it takes them longer to talk and to learn to relate. They came to see us when he was around Eli's age and rather than having him stay in the same area we were all visiting in, he put in on the sofa back in the sunroom by himself with his toys and he was a happy playful little boy. He just didn't like the commoction of us all visiting. In his time Eli will start talking. So good that he has the therapist working with him and that Cayla is able to stay home with him.
I hope your week gets better! When does Cayla have her surgery. You have said but I can't remember.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Good to see everyone. Sorry about the Real Estate Agent in LR, Charlotte!!! Yes it is a sad that these things happen now but they have actually happened since the beginning of time. There is evil in this world but also such wonderful caring people.

I'm also very sorry for the diagnoises for Eli but I believe that Cayla will be up on it and get him the best support she can find for him.

I just streded my 2 CC from EFederal by mistake. Jimmy's CC ended in 7 and mine ended in 1. He was bidding on an auction in Australia for parts for his GTO and they called me and asked if I had bought something in Australia. I said no, so they told me to shred them. When I told Jimmy he said it was him and I just realized that they aren't even sending me new ones…just Jimmy.

Ripley, MS

Yes, Cayla is a very good Mother and has been from day 1. I do believe Eli. Will be able to talk because he can say so many words already. He even said bye I love you to his Dad the last time they brought him home.
I am with Mammaw Mills now and she is just not breathing well at all. The nurse came and checked her. Let her set up a while. Her oxygen was 98 but the nurse said she sounded a little congested in her left side. She was her nurse last night and she didn't sound like that last night, she said. I wanted to show you the pictures Cayla sent. They went to a restaurant called the Aquarium while they were there. Eli was amazed looking at the fish

Thumbnail by slcdms Thumbnail by slcdms
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes Jeri there has always been evil in the world.

Funny story. Jeff is in Israel, Yesterday he posted a picture on FB of the view from his hotel room. A friend of his in Pleasanton (same town he lives in) posted that her husband sent her a photo that looked almost like his the day before. Turned out they were both in the same hotel. Both there on business - he arrived a day earlier than Jeff and lives a day earlier. As soon as they realized it they were making plans on FB to meet for breakfast the next day. Neither knew the other was going - they both work for totally different companies. Small world.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sandra we did a cross post. That's such a cute picture. You can tell he really enjoyed the fish!! He will talk in his own time. The kid I'm talking about can talk just fine and like I said is a very smart kid. A lot of it seems to be relating to people. They seem to have more problems with social skills.

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

I have been gone for a month and it seems I just tuned in to General Hospital again. LOL

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Welcome back Ken!!! Yes it's just like General Hospital - gone a month or two and you can pick right up again!! LOL

Ripley, MS

So where did you go Ken ? I hope it was for a very nice vacation.

Mammaw is about the same this morning, she slept better last night than she has been though.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

So glad that Mrs. Mill had a better night. I think she would have to heal better with some rest.

Forgot to say they put Mary back on the Neurotin 300mg until at least she goes back on the 16th. Her right hand has started having like electric charges to her fingers and giving her fits. She is already having difficulty breathing. I talked Mary into contacting Erin since we think a large part of her problem was the Neurotin. She left a message and hasn't heard back from Erin yet. I was just my usual self and was blunt with her and explained to her that she needs more people in her life than just me. We also went by the apt complex and there looks to be about maybe 10-15 appts before her. Please pray that this number diminishes quickly.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Glad to hear Mrs. Mills had a better night!

Jeri that always been one of my problems (well don't know if it's actually a problem) I never learned how to sugar coat things or avoid the issue. Always have told it like it is. I think it's a straight I inherited from my dad's side of the family.

Mary does need more people in her life than just you. We all need more than just one person in our life. I hope that list does get shorter soon.

I can't remember the dates, etc. but back about the time Richard was taking the Neurotin he was also having LOTS of breathing problems. He ended up in er at least 3 times that I remember. One time he thought he was having a heart attack. They kept him overnight and I believe maybe another night thoroughly checking him out. Heart was fine. After he has gotten off all that kind of stuff his breathing has gotten much much better. He really doesn't have a problem now. He used to use breathing machines, inhalers, etc. You really have to be careful with meds. Like my friend Judy's mother (she lived to be one month shy of 100) used to say "them doctors will kill you"!!! As you can tell she didn't believe in going to the doctor except in an extreme emergency!

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

I didn't go anywhere, just busy with Tropical Plants & More.

Ken

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi, everyone! Catching up. Sorry about Mrs. Mills issues, Sandra. Hopefully, she will be much better soon. I'm sorry we didn't get to meet up but maybe we will see one another at one of the RU's next year. (hint to Kathy Ann--LOL)
It is sad about that realtor in Little Rock and also about the young woman in Virginia and all the others throughout this country who have been murdered by perverts! GRRRRRR!

The reason we did not have internet service is because Al had unplugged everything before we left on our trip and when he was plugging the wires back into the modem, he got one of them plugged in the wrong place. LOL Our phone was out, though, and the phone tech did get that repaired---there was a problem with the line somewhere outside the house.

We had a wonderful trip but it is good to be home. 4 weeks is a long time to be away from home.

We are having a thunderstorm right now so I had better get off here. You ladies have a good evening!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Welcome back Marilyn. I know you all had a good time but 4 weeks is a long time to be gone.

I've been having some internet problems too. Mine just happens around 5 to 7 or so. I think Uverse may be overloaded in my neighborhood. I keep losing my connection during those times which is probably a peak time for usage . I can run a diagnostic on my laptop and it tells me my modem is having connectivity problems. I have an air printer so it also causes it to lose it connection and I have to reset it. Pain! Guess I need to call ATT but hate dealing with it.

We got lots of rain last night. We had a lot of wind, lightening and were under tornado warnings. A big area of town lost power but we didn't thank goodness. I understand there were a bunch of trees and debris on the interstate around by the airport. Today the sun is shining and it's a great day. We really needed the rain.

Yes I feel so sorry for the family of the realtor. Such a senseless crime! There are too many crazies in the world. She worked for the same company I used to work for. I put my license on inactive status several years ago. I had been trying to decide whether to renew my license this year. It's only 60.00 a year but after that happened I made my decision. I'm not renewing it. I think it happened about the same time as Beverly went missing and I missed it on the news but a 67 year old woman was attacked in the mall parking lot by Dillards in Hot Springs. She was raped and beaten and is serious condition. You really have to be on your toes all the time now!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

This is what happened in Hot Springs. This was at 4:30 in the afternoon right outside a busy mall store. We all really need to be conscious of our surroundings. If something doesn't seem right, it's probably not right.

Woman Raped Outside of Dillard’s on Hot Springs Mall Parking Lot

A 67 year old woman was raped outside of Dillard’s Department Store at the Hot Springs Mall Monday afternoon at approximately 4:30 PM.

Larry Lavell Jones, 36, of Malvern was arrested by an off duty Hot Springs Police detective working security at the store. Jones is charged with rape, battery and robbery.

According to the HSPD, Dective Haynie was working off diuty at Dillard’s when the store manager and a witness entered the store hysterically and advised a woman was getting attacked in the parking lot.

Detective Haynie ran outside to the parking lot and saw a black male walking away from the victim’s vehicle. He immediately detained the suspect.

According to the report, Jones was sweating profusely and had blood on his arm.

Detective Haynie then when over and saw the victim laying across the driver and front passenger seat. The victim was bleeding heavily. The victim advised that she could not move and had pain in the rib area.

The victim’s skirt had been pulled up and her panties were ripped off.

About 15 feet from the victim’s vehicle was a 2007 Chevy Silverado with the doors open. It was later discovered that the truck belonged to Jones.

The victim advised in the report that she noticed a black male following her to her car. She advised that he struck her several times and then penetrated her.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I'm glad that you and Al are home and had such a good time. Such bright and shining faces in all the pictures. Did you enjoy Biltmore house? I was very impressed with everything!!! When we went it was a little cooler than now and all the leaves were in full color. I was totally shocked that all the RV parks close around the middle of Oct. we never even thought of that. LOL!!! We camp year round in the south.

I've also had problems with my internet but mine occurs each time it rains. They think I'm crazy and they almost have me convinced!!! LOL!!!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

What a horrible thing for that woman in Hot Springs to experience, Charlotte! It just goes to show you that you always do have to be aware of what is going on around you. I am glad you have chosen not to renew your real estate license. It is just getting too dangerous to meet someone alone while showing a house.

Jeri, Biltmore was beautiful! Unfortunately, we were not allowed to take pictures inside the house but I got a few of the exterior. We also enjoyed Colonial Williamsburg, old downtown Charleston (S.C.) and Charleston Harbor, old St. Augustine, FL (Lightner Museum and the old Ponce de Leon Hotel among other places) and we stopped and visited friends in Rutherfordton, N.C., Ocean City, MD., Okeechobee, FL., Valdosta, GA, and Santa Rosa Beach, FL. I have posted a few pictures on my FB page of the friends we visited along the way. I took close to 1000 photos altogether of all the places we visited but I won't bore you with them. LOL We ate at some really good restaurants, too, and I was surprised that I didn't gain any weight. That is probably due to the fact that I made sure Laddy got plenty of long walks morning and evening because we were gone during the middle of the day on the days we weren't actually on the road from one place to another.

My flower bed was a real jungle when we got home but I spent some time in it on Tuesday cleaning it out and it looks much better now. I still have phlox, zinnias, drift roses, sedum, asters, cannas and hydrangeas still blooming, much to my surprise!

You ladies have a good week-end and anyone who feels like it, please feel free to start a new thread for October! :D

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Well, I forgot that this is the week-end that Jim and Kenny are hosting the RU. Some of our ladies will be attending that. I'm sorry I won't be there but it came too soon on the heels of our return from our vacation. You all will have a good time, I am sure! :D

I will go ahead and start a new thread for October. Be back soon with the new thread.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Here is our October thread:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1378015/

Join us with your photos and chat!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1378015/

NEW THREAD NEW THREAD NEW THREAD NEW THREAD NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.