What are your THREE most favorite Perennials?

Below are a few daylily seedlings up for evaluation along with irises. I have more but have not transferred all to this laptop.

This message was edited Mar 4, 2015 1:27 AM

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by
Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Blomma...those are gorgeous (I enlarged them and wow! all beauties....think I like the crimping on 4 the best...but then again the colors on the others are fabulous! Good work!!!!

Thanks Kathy, Below is a few more. The first one is 3 years old and I have used it a lot as a parent. It is very fertile both ways.

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by
Natick, MA

Blomma,
They are JUST GORGEOUS!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

My fav is #1!!!! But they are all BEAUTIFUL!

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi you all from Ga. I have many perennials, but my three favorites are
Salvia
coreopsis
Hosta

Last year I lost my large oak tree so I will have to rearrange my Hostas, to get them more shade, devide the coreopsis and the salvia just getting better and bigger every year. I have black and blue , hot lips and some that are annuals but they come back every year. Already started to plan the garden, get some head start. Etelka

Thumbnail by kiseta Thumbnail by kiseta Thumbnail by kiseta Thumbnail by kiseta Thumbnail by kiseta
Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

coral bells (Huechera), daylilies, blanket flower (attracts butterflies). I chose these 3 because they are easy, 2 of them have along bloom time and Huechera is pretty without blooms.

silver spring, MD(Zone 7a)

That's an easy question.

Peonies

Hellebores

Lillies

I can't have enough of them in the yard.

I also love Hollyhocks

Roses

Iris

and anything else that's fragrant and bossomy

Yehudith

Yehudith

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Such a nice thread, so enjoyable and informative!

Its really tough to pick just 3, but I think my top 3 in no particular order:
1. Garden Phlox- I've loved them for years for the long bloom season, fragrance, butterfly attraction, and ease of culture, and many newer varieties start blooming much earlier.

2. Bearded Iris- Loved them since I was little kid, and can't imagine being without them. With dwarf, intermediate, and tall varieties, they provide a lot of color from early April till the end of May.

3. Lilies- Love them all, but Oriental trumpet hybrids are my very favorites!

I had to really think about it, and still feel like I should have included Daffodils, and maybe Roses. They would probably comprise my top 5, all loved equally.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Hey Neil -- So good to see you again... it's been ages. Hope all is well.

let's see, Don't think I could pick just three either....

Hostas for their foliage along with ferns -- so graceful [for shade]
Penstemons for their blooms, along with Tea Roses
Gaillardias & Monarda for attracting bees and butterflies

There are just too many choices

Terese

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi Terese, good to see you too!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.