Fish today

Athens, PA

Some have gone, some are still here. I am not checking in as often either. I really don't like the format and I have posted things only to see they disappear.

My fish have started to move around - the day before yesterday was 62. I would like to see an early start up - it all depends on the water temps.

Virginia Beach, VA

We had cold weather for few weeks so my pond is covered with tarp and also I bought a sump pump for aeration. my fish are happy alive and growing. I also adde3d soma salt and baking soda. Why?? No reason!!! I just do it!!!

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Good to see you posting Bonnie, thinking of you as I started way too many seeds, again. Loving our 80 degree weather.

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

I think some of them still have frozen ponds~ :)
I've been busy busy busy in between work and family, trying to get the back yard ready for summer! Took down alllllll of the decking and support, only one deck left. Will put in pavers eventually, then can finish the larger pond. Have the smaller pond shut down, but not sure that I won't add another small pond again. I want to keep the fancy goldfish separate from the main pond, they breed like crazy and are impossible to catch once in the big pond. Need any?

Decatur, GA

I'm still here Bonnie. My pond and fish are in suspended animation at present. No feeding, little activity. Rain has kept it full.
Soon though I will need to replace my UV bulbs, reinoculate with beneficial bacteria and start feeding. Everyone seems okay at present.
I got rid of most of my water lilies but the one remaining still has leaves. My lotus did poorly last year and I may replace it this spring. It's a new lotus and it has ruffly petals which I don't particularly like. I would rather have the standard type.
I may go looking for a lighter colored Chagoi. I have a chocolate greenish one which I love but I think a pair with slightly different colors would be really nice.
Thats all for my water gardening stuff for now. Hoping everyone has good luck when spring breaks loose and we all get back to active ponding.
Helen

http://koiweb.org/cfks/show-schedule.html

Central Florida Koi Show is just around the corner!

Decatur, GA

Like last year I have a couple of crazy frogs in the pond singing away in the cold! I suppose they are looking for love but man its chilly out there!

I need to replenish my frogs this year. I've finally eliminated a lot of the invasive Cuban Tree Frogs, but they've eaten all the other native species. I ordered leopard frog tadpoles one year, which helped, but need to order some again now that we've done so much construction in the back yard.

Decatur, GA

Good idea to help the frogs and eliminating invasive species as much as you can. The frogs in my pond either wander in from somewhere or over winter in pots. Not sure which.

Virginia Beach, VA

MM
Where do you order frogs?

Thanks Belle

Once spring starts to hit, they have them on ebay. Bullfrogs are always available, but I don't want those. If you have frogs in your area, it's a great way to make extra money, I'm shocked at what people charge sometimes! Just don't order from Florida, because the invasive Cuban Tree Frogs breed like crazy and are usually abundant, but you don't want to spread them to other areas. Green tree frogs, bull frogs, and occassionally leopard frog tadpoles are usually available on ebay.

Virginia Beach, VA

Which ones are edible?

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

WHERE ARE ALL THE PONDERS GONE????

Virginia Beach, VA

Im here!!
Its still cold here My koi are growing!!

I'm ready for ponding season and a return of all our friends! Should I start a new 2016 pond thread?
Those of you who are in the southeast, the Central Florida Koi show will be here in 2 weeks! Amazing what some of them look like! (and the size!)

Virginia Beach, VA

Good idea!!!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Bump due to time stam issue

Hi all....I started a 2016 Ponding thread.... :) See you there!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1418388/ This should take you there.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.