CLOSED: Fairy Garden Swap: Sign Up by August 13

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

No it didn't rain, but I did forget to seal it.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

STILL Pondering on this one for I'm not very artistic with this type of craft . so will try to decide before the due date :))))

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Susie, you can do this!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

If'n I can, anyone can.

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

Susie ~ please join.... Zoey can help you with your Fairy garden :-)

Dee ~ received your cute package! just love the goodies! may I share them with this group by posting a photo? thank-you so very much! :Love them!

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Sure. They got there fast, maybe the post office is getting tired of hearing all the complaints!

12 Gorgeous hand cut wood steps from Dee, along with handmade bee hive with bees and a cute little black doggie packaged neatly in a wooded cigar box....

thank-you so much Dee!

Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens

Awe, those are so cute! Is the bee hive made from wood?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Vey cute

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

LIttle bee hive is made from Fimo, clay you bake to make it hard, and then a little black paint. The little bees are mini buttons I found at Michael's. There were dragonflies and ladybugs in the bag so I'm using them too for clay projects.

Ocean Springs, MS

Very, very cute! Still drying my rounds, but very anxious to start making the stairway!

OK, 6 people fot the question right today! Y'all are good! Answer was According to medieval romance, fairies and all the tribes of elves of every description are converted into hideous animals on Friday, and remain so till Monday.

NEXT QUESTION: If you have a large overgrown garden with many mature trees, especially conifers, you might attract one of these fairies. He usually appears as a tall man with pale white skin and bright green eyes, with a grassy hair and beard.

Have fun! I'm slowly getting the prizes from me together! Will post a pic as soon as I have everything!

1. Darker pebble stone house with pebble walkway. Roof is unusual.
2. Lighter pebble stone house with pebble walkway. Roof is unusual as well.

Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens

Love those houses!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Good job Babette

IF I Join will you please Note that I cannot do House plants as like a terraiums , I would have to have things that can take the cold z5 I have a potting shed they can go into till spring when i can bring them back out.

I don't see zoey as much they get up & Leave their house by 6 am to go take care of other kids, & they don't get home till amost 7:30 & she had to be in bed by 8pm .

so this will be a weekend project for us . well time for me to get my day going here soon .

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Very Creative, Babette. Your garden is going to be over run by fairies. lol You are going to have to open a Fairy resort! I have been working on my Fairy house and decided to make a few changes before I unveil it here. ;) I got my Dremel tool out and started remodeling. I always like to do things in reverse, lol.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Ok froggy those descriptions of fairies are scaring me!! Are these from grimes fairy tales? Geehz. I thought fairies were cute small sweet!

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I agree, researching fairies has been an eye-opener. It's got me afraid to go out in the garden a night. And I thought those "children of the earth" bugs were icky.

I prefer to think of fairies in the Disney context. You know helpful and sweet and trying to fix the things that are wrong with this world. Although the research does speak to the contrary.

ok here is what I found today so maybe I can figure a small garden in these :) with hens-N-chicks I have many different types lost their tags
so really dose not matter right :) ?

Thumbnail by deejay9

DJ, I can see potential in those logs!

Oh Susie, I really like those logs for fairy gardens!

Just wanted to let everyone know, that we are so thankful for all your prayers for my Dad. He came through surgery just fine, and is being returned to the nursing home this afternoon. It is a skilled nursing home, so the staff will be there to keep an eye on him!

Thank God....

Great News LK!

Ocean Springs, MS

Deejay, I will definitely make sure your buddy knows what you need! Love the logs! Having log envy here! LOL... Do you have a preference to what kind of fairies, gnomes, animals, decorations, etc?

Wonderful news, LK! ♥

Babette, loving the houses!

Yes, the fairies are scary! I'll try to lighten the mood when I post the next question Sunday evening! Not giving the answer yet for Thursday's question because everyone has a chance to answer until Sunday!

I am trying so hard to figure out how to do a bridge. I don't have the right kind of tools to cut wood. Could try portland cement if someone can give me an idea of what to use for a mold. I made a rope bridge today using burlap string and little slats of wood. Looks really neat!

Y'all have a great weekend. I'll check in tomorrow! ♥

Cut a plastic bottle on its side to form a bridge. You can drape cement toweling to form the bridge and walkway....then give a light painting.... and finish with plants, rocks, moss or whatever you have on hand.... gluing handrails is very important....plus it gives a nice finishing touch...

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Here are the little table, chairs and stepping stones Babette sent me. The fairies love them!
I think they fit in perfectly.
The second pic is of the start of construction of my fairy castle. The turret thing is in the middle and then I'm going to swirl a wire wall with steps and plants around the the outside of it. So far, so good.

Thumbnail by Domehomedee Thumbnail by Domehomedee

Dee ~ your castle is going to look awesome! Please post photos during your construction so we can see it all come together.... glad the fairies like their new stepping stones and barista set... they really bring in a burst of color..... your garden looks nice ...

Nice ladies ,sure wish i was that crafty now if my mother was here i know I would be much better at it for she would have enjoyed this :)

I'm going to take my logs down to my big garden this morning & set them up hope my frog is still down there :)

I cannot promise my fairy box will be as nice as the rest of you but will do my best :) probable have to order most of mine to share :)

one more thread to read then off to the gardens . Have a great day .

Ocean Springs, MS

Deejay, whatever you send will be appreciated! One of those logs would make me happy!

Oh, that would make me happy too!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I am thinking about a new fairy house. I,ll take a pic and show you later.

I am still working on my fairy house, but I will post pictures soon. Also working on accessories for it. Building twig chairs and trying to figure out the best way to make a bridge. Watching to see what you all come up with next.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

No fairy house here. I'm not at all clever with houses! But maybe a door on a tree. Will have to see what I get from my buddy and then go shopping!!

oh how I wish I could send a log I Have so so many out here in our woods if anyone is coming up this way just feel free to stop in we will go grab a few for you :))))

just getting super for Bobby & marla its about done but i don't take it up there till they call me :)

I got my brother going now as some of you know he has been cutting wood out back & he said he has a few out there that would make nice little houses so I will see what he can come up with this week .

well off to make a salad for my super BBL

Ocean Springs, MS

DJ, coming to Michigan is just not in my plans right now. :( Sure would love one of those logs!

Ok, for the game, Babette is offering a fairy house for postage to one of the winners! I am offering this hanging strawberry fairy ball! Keep playing the game! Still have time to answer the question from Thursday!

Thumbnail by froggies_girl

That is so cute!

Ocean Springs, MS

Thanks, Babette! The hardest part was cutting the ball. Lined the ball with moss. Popped in the plant, then glued on the little fairy and strawberries! Was really easy!

so cute :) they look so real :)
Here is what Brother Jim brought over to me tonight do ya think i can make a Nice fairy house out of it ???
GN all

Thumbnail by deejay9

The possibilities Susie!
froggies are real cute too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.