CLOSED: Fairy Garden Swap: Sign Up by August 13

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

ROFL .... just love it.... thanks Julie...

I bought bath towels at KMarty.... really do not want to cut them up.... but need to make more roofs... Will post photos of which houses will be available as I finish them....

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

i like funny! Ill post a pic of my garden soon! Mini is the word. If I live in a "mans" world and have to hear about my 4 yo's winkie fallin out the front of his underwear and it becomes an "ordeal"... funny is the word for my house! ...because I couldnt stop laughing about that "issue". Just saying ;) Have a sense of humor and I promise Ill appreciate it :D

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Babette, my plant is doing great. She is getting buds, so I,m getting ready to plant her.

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

rofl badcat

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

goodnight all.

This message was edited Aug 5, 2014 8:50 PM

Ocean Springs, MS

All who sent me dmails for the question got it right! I'll close this question later this evening and post the new one! Have fun!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Ladies, if i could ask you all to keep my Dad in your prayers. He just went back for surgery to have his leg removed. He is diabetic, among other medical problems, and has had 2 toes removed due to infections. Well he developed another sore on his big toe, and the Dr.'s have been treating it for months, and the infection started going up his leg. So he is about to lose his leg.
Thanks so much!

Ocean Springs, MS

Linda kay, praying for your dad and the rest of your family! love ya ♥

Many Prayers for you and your Dad, Linda. Is he near you so you can visit?

He is in Michigan. I will probably fly up there in a few weeks.

Dad is out of surgery, and the Dr. said everything went well!
Thanks for all the prayers!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

praise The Lord. Very good news, so glad to hear it.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

did some more work on fairy garden

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo
BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Kathy, That looks great!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Thank you!

Did you make that door Kathy? That is so cute!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I bought the door off the internet.
am working on my pony barn

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

forgot the picture

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo

Thank the good Lord that your Dr did well and your father will recover quickly
and keeping healthy during his recovery.
Is he allowed protein drinks during his stay at the hospital? Many are full of essential vitamins and minerals that help post op procedures.

Kathy - Love your door, tea pot and barn. Horsey will have lots of water available for her with the easy access bucket ...so clever... and the hay can be tossed out of the top opening.... .

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

babette, thanks for the idea, just happen to have some hay. your plant is going in tomorrow. then I will take pictures of it

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

well wares the pic of you sittin on that pony!?!?! Im still waitin!

Im going to have a mess of extra fairy stuff left over even after sending to my partner. Julie, Honey Darling SweetiePie SugarBritches anyway you can secretly send my partners name early? My husband is tired of seeing FG stuff all over his mancave and Id like to offer these goodies up for postage. If it isnt possible, thats fine. But id figured it weres worth askin :)

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

don't want to break the poor things back

Love that barn!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Thank you Linda. It's the first time I've ever done anything like this. I'm not very artistic

Says who? That is very nice!

Ric says the backyard looks like fairyland. So, he built a large cabinet and told me to place my fairyland things onto two shelves.... Well I have 3 shelves.. I got carried away with my stone fronts .... and draping houses....will be offering some of these for postage through the contest Julie is having...

Babette, that sounds about like it. I hear that kind of stuff all the time, goes in one ear and out the other lol

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Linda, Keeping your father in my prayers.

Yes Linda Prayers for your dad to have a speedy recovery.

Ocean Springs, MS

JKJ, everything looks great! Don't underestimate your creative genius! :)

LK, glad to hear the good news about your dad! Will continue prayers!

Badcat, sending you a dmail! And I can't wait to see what you are offering for postage!!

4 participants answered the fairy question correctly! To think the weird looking fairy was named Fachan. I wouldn't recommend you go looking for a fachan, because it's said to be so ugly the very sight of it might give you a heart attack! LOL

NEXT QUESTION: According to medieval romance, what happens to fairies and all the tribes of elves on Friday? HAVE FUN SEARCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REMEMBER TO DMAIL YOUR ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This message was edited Aug 6, 2014 6:03 PM

Pointy roof with curl...is drying overnight...being formed over wire.... will be painted tomorrow...

Thumbnail by SPGardens
Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Very cool roof. I've been working with wire myself tonight. I'll try to remember to take a few pics during the process this time. I'm afraid this is a big project. I'm incorporating a spiral planter and a fairy house. When I showed it to my husband he said "no, that's definately an elf house, looks just like the one in my game!" At least he's supportive.

Cutlerville, MI

You are all sooooo funny about your hubbies! Julie...your questions are so cool...I love the game idea....

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Neat roof babbette! :)

I like that roof too!

Ocean Springs, MS

Cute roof!

Glad you all are getting into the game! It's fun reading about the fairies and elves! Some of them were ugly, mean, spiteful little creatures, just like Cupid! I might have to use that as a question! Hmmmm?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

All the paint came off my fairy house last nite. :(

OH NO! What kind of paint did you use?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I used acrylic paint. Guess it don't like it outside

Did it get rained on? You will have to spray it with a sealer, when you paint it again!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.