CLOSED: Fairy Garden Swap: Sign Up by August 13

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

deejay I think you are running not walking down the right path! lol Those are so cute and the wood is great. Think you have imagination and just didn't know it!

Excited to get my name so I can figure out what I am doing. Everything is so darn cute and you all are making some amazing things for the garden.

Ocean Springs, MS

Dj, you're coming up with some great ideas! Don't forget that you can send fairy garden plants, too! I "heard" that they like lavender and roses! LOL

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

And Thyme, all kinds!

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Tank you all I cannot take all the credit for i told my brother Jim about the swap & showed some of your crafty Ideas & He went out to the woods after Our talk & Came in with this Idea , so he is going to make it up for me well most of it I Have to do the sealer for it :) & Sanding .
To Muggy to work out side so going to see what I Can get done in here till I have to go put super on for Neighbors .

I'm Posting this around for I Have these to offer for postage to anyone NEWBIES OR NOT :)

I Have Found so many Beauties that needs New Homes .
Pick as many as you like that I can fit into a GAMEBOARD LG Flate Rate Box , They are $17.?? can ship any time you want many will have to be cut back . DMAIL ME If you want a box

Tall PHLOX, Purple (katherine), purple&white ( Laura) , White (David)
Artic Dark Pink I think it is

Pink ,Yellow,white, & Red /Mauve, HOLLYHOCKS.
Heleopsis ( Summer sun ) & ( Summer Nights )
Trumpet vine , yellow, orange ,or red
yellow flag Irises
Margarite Daisy's 2 type
Rudbeckias--cherokee sunset,Sundance, Chocolate orange,Denver Daisy,
& Indian Summer
Salvia may night

Ocean Springs, MS

DJ, so kind of you to offer the plants for postage. I'd love the red and yellow trumpet vine, but that wouldn't fill up a box!

Ok, the Thursday question was If you have a large overgrown garden with many mature trees, especially conifers, you might attract one of these fairies. He usually appears as a tall man with pale white skin and bright green eyes, with a grassy hair and beard.

THE ANSWER WAS: Leshy. The Leshy is a forest spirit who is the guardian of plants and animals, and has the power to change form and size. He is a trickster and a prankster, and leads people astray. He may even tickle a captive almost to death.

5 people answered it correctly.

NEW QUESTION: the character of Tinker Bell from Disney's 1953 animated film Peter Pan, subsequently adopted as a mascot for the company, was created by ??????
REMEMBER TO DMAIL YOUR ANSWERS!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

CORRECTION..

The Badcat is a forest spirit who is the guardian of plants and animals, and has the power to change form and size. she is a trickster and a prankster, and leads people astray. She may even tickle a captive almost to death.

Ocean Springs, MS

Oh, no, now we have to worry about Leshy and Badcat! Girls, we better be on our best behavior! LOL

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Gotta watch out for that darn badcat fairy!

GM all all the rain is west of us sure hope they move over here to our way . Looks as it might get over here to our way about midnoon so
think i might plan a hobbie to do indoor :)))))
ya all have a great day . BBL

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

We can't buy a drop of rain here. No rain for three weeks. Every thing is brown and dusty

Ocean Springs, MS

JKJ, wish I could send you some rain. Got a nice shower this afternoon and God blessed me with a Double Rainbow! ♥

ANSWER TO QUESTION: Tinker Bell (Tink for short), is a fictional character from J. M. Barrie!

2 PEOPLE GOT IT CORRECT!

NEW QUESTION (ANOTHER UGLY): Who were the fairies that lived in swamps and rivers of the Philippines and preyed primarily on the fishermen who frequented these bodies of water?

One more day and we get names UNLESS y'all want me to draw them tomorrow! Give me some feedback, please!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Draw tomorrow, pweeze

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm good with tomorrow!

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

Tomorrow is good....

I'm good with either one. :)

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I give up with the Phillipine fairy!
Tomarrow is fine for me.

Froggie, do you think it might be possible to explore the less dark side of the Fairy Realm? I think we need a little good news today.
There must be some GOOD fairies out there. At least I hope there is. lol Some of our more "sensitive viewers" might be getting discouraged by these ferocious fairies. I know this is all in fun, but I , personally, would like to hear a little more positive spin on the wee creatures. I know there is a LOT of information about fairies that most of us have never even imagined! Not trying to criticize , mind you, Just a suggestion. :)

This message was edited Aug 12, 2014 8:33 AM

This message was edited Aug 12, 2014 8:41 AM

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Has anyone heard from Elfie? Hope she is okay?

Ocean Springs, MS

Nanny, your suggestion is great! And no offense taken! I will try to find some info about the lighter side of fairies! Thanks!

Okay, I will be sending out names this evening. Let me get my list together and I'll be back!

Y'all still have time to answer the question! 3 people have gotten it right so far!

Thanks Julie! I am really enjoying this swap so far. I hope everyone else is too.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Elfie is out there I saw some posts. Cant remember where tho..lol

my dragon and his castle

Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Hope he doesn't keep the Faeries away!!

mystical wonderland of fairies and dragons...

http://www.templates.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/2dragon_fairy_by_redragon1.jpg

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Babett, that is so magical, I just love it!

Need a magical fairy to play with my dragon....

I'm with you Nanny I Like cheery ,Happy times had enough bad in my life time , its time to smile in my life .

Babette what is the plant next to your Dragon ?

Just got home been doing Laudry
for my Neighbor since 7am I need a nap :) can't do that got to start their
super soon ,

Hope you all have a FAiry nice day.

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi everyone. I am brand new to DG and having a blast lurking around all of the forums. This will be my first swap but I can't wait to jump in here and play along!

I am envisioning a miniature woodland / hobbit / enchanted forest that would be on my screened porch. I love things that are natural / earth tone; driftwood, moss, plants, things made from twigs or stones, etc. A little bling would be nice though. Maybe a gazing ball or ? Things that light up or glow would be amazing. It will have some sort of dwelling, but I'm not going to put any "people" in place. I prefer to leave the inhabitants up to the imagination! Critters, on the other hand, are always welcome...except for dragons...I have enough little lizards running around here! lol (no offense to the dragon wranglers out there!)

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi Flo, nice to meet you

Susie ~ the tall plant next to the dragon is a Matrona Sedum. The shorter ones are Morning Glories starting to take off.
I have lots of Matrona Sedum which I took cuttings and now have roots. They grow very well and multiply very quickly. Let me know if you want to do another trade :-)

Linda Kay ~ the fern you sent is next to the stump and growing nicely.

Ocean Springs, MS

Welcome, Tracy! You got in just in time! I'll be sending names out later! Be back soon!

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

Awesome! This is going to be so much fun! ;)

Ocean Springs, MS

Hope you are ready for us, Tracy! We can get wild and crazy at times! LOL

If your address is not in the exchange, please add it or send me a dmail with your address!
http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/

Names are coming soon!

This message was edited Aug 12, 2014 4:13 PM

Ocean Springs, MS

DMAILS HAVE BEEN SENT WITH YOUR BUDDY'S NAME!
REMEMBER THIS IS A SECRET SWAP, SO DON'T TELL WHO YOUR BUDDY IS!
PLEASE POST THAT YOU RECEIVED YOUR NAME!
IF YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOUR BUDDY WANTS, CLICK ON THIS LINK THEN CLICK ON YOUR BUDDY'S NAME!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=9904268

MOST OF ALL, HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This message was edited Aug 12, 2014 4:51 PM

I have my buddy!... :-)

Also, here are 2 fairy houses that the winner(s) can choose if they wish ...
both weigh 3 lbs....

more houses to come....

Thumbnail by SPGardens
Ocean Springs, MS

I will be closing this thread tomorrow and posting the new one. The new one will have links to the other threads so you can look back at all the great ideas! Y'all have fun creating, making, and searching for goodies!

ANSWER TO LAST QUESTION: Berberoka

NEW QUESTION:Nowadays, fairies are often depicted with ordinary insect wings or butterfly wings, BUT HOW DID THEY FLY IN EARLY FOLKLORE TALES?

This message was edited Aug 12, 2014 5:52 PM

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I got my name! :)

Ocean Springs, MS

Good, LK! :)

Got my Name & I sure Hope My swap Buddy will be happy with what I Can share :))) Going to do my best .
Guess i better get busy on it :)

Ocean Springs, MS

Caring and sharing is what it's all about! I think we will all be happy with what we get!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.