Fairy Garden Swap: Interest and Chat Part 2

Ocean Springs, MS

Dee and SP, thanks for the update on mailing! Let me know what I owe for postage!

Love the idea of an outhouse! So cute! One could easily be crafted from a craft birdhouse from Michaels. Just turn it around and paint the door on the back!

Also love the little fairy garden and the rabbit! So very cute!

It's raining here for the first time in weeks! YES! My plants needed some good rain water!

Ocean Springs, MS

On the sign-up thread: For some reason, I cannot edit the first post to delete those who have decided to pass on this swap. So, please ignore the list of participants in the first post. All who have committed to join are listed in the second post. Thanks, Julie

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

painted the roof....
and then did the strip look for green growth,
these are drying.

Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens

wondering.....

Are we allowed to have a raffle?
for one of my stone/draped fairy houses?
Winner pays for postage?

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Well, it used to be that there was no selling in the forums, DG says no selling allowed unless it is through the selling lace, and they get their fee.
I don't know how it is done now? You might want to get in touch with admin, so you don't get into trouble. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click on contact us.

will do.... thanks taters!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Thanks Everyone! She read your comments and was blushing :) Heres some pics of her w/ it, she did an amazing job! so proud :D

cat and her garden 1/2
3/4/5 Pics of my house in progress

Thumbnail by badcat Thumbnail by badcat Thumbnail by badcat Thumbnail by badcat Thumbnail by badcat
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

oh, I like very much. great job, now come do mine. mine is a quarter done

That is awesome! Job well done!

Awesome indeed....love the planter...

Taters ~ I asked admin about the raffle and was denied nicely.
Oh, well.

You tried.

Ocean Springs, MS

Beautiful little fairy garden!

Sp, last year when I hosted the Christmas swap, I played trivia games and sent out prizes. If you want me to start a game on the sign-up thread, we could do it that way. Just a thought!

Julie ~ That sounds like fun....... oh, have a vote here as well....
whoever wants to join is welcome....

We've had rain, so my projects are on hold.... lol...
Will be making more "One of a Kind" towel roofs in leaf form .but smaller and lighter in weight..
have so many cute pebble fronts.... I really got carried away there for a while...

Oh and Julie ~ its been raining hard here... your package will most likely ship tomorrow.....
Same with Dee :-) will give tracking numbers through Dmail.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I mailed out to Julie and Babette today. Didn't get any tracking numbers so we'll see how long it takes.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

badcat she did a great job. That is just so cute. Hope mine turns out half as good.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Will show my progress later, after I get back from running errands.

Ocean Springs, MS

Thanks for the mailing info, SP and Dee!

I'm starting the game on the sign-up thread later this evening. Got to do some research to figure out what kind of game!

Be back later!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I am no where near being finished. This is just an idea of what I am trying to do

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo Thumbnail by jordankittyjo Thumbnail by jordankittyjo

Kathy that is very nice! What s the purple plant please?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

it is plastic something or other. I have a whole bunch left over if you want some

That would be nice! Thanks. I will send postage!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

no need for postage, it will be part of your queenie pressies, only your box went out today, so i'll try to get it in the mail tomorrow

No hurry Kathy!

Kathy - how's the "Fit for a Queen" Matrona Sedum?
Any chance on planting her in your fairy garden?
Wherever you decide to plant her, she will need lots of room, since her stalks are thick and tall.
And she will be flowering soon for you as well. She will also double or triple in width by next year.
You can also take cuttings to root them and then create a new plant

Anyone want a Matrona Sedum cutting with roots for postage? If, so...send me a DMail.
They get shipped in a tall standing tube box.

Going to the PO now....

Ocean Springs, MS

This chat thread is getting long, so come on over to the sign-up thread to chat. I'm also starting a game on the sign-up thread! Move on over: Don't forget the sign up thread is here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1370010/

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Kathy itll be amazing when you finish it! :D

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Another good place to find fairy garden stuff is at the pet store. All that aquarium decor, lots of little bridges and such.
JKJ - I love the little teapot. Makes me think I should use one of my extra watering cans for a fairy house. I have had birds nest in them before, so why not fairies?

I have a metal watering can that I can make a hotel out of...Its that large!
If I were to use this as a hotel, I would make a ski resort fairy garden!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I need a stable for my fairy pony. Guess I'll have to get some fence

Do you need two fences?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Yes, maybe four, thinkin of making a pasture for her.

Ocean Springs, MS

This chat thread is getting long, so come on over to the sign-up thread to chat. I'm also starting a game on the sign-up thread! Move on over: Don't forget the sign up thread is here:

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.