CLOSED: OLD, NEW, BORROWED, BLUE THE RESULTS

Victoria Harbour, ON

Checked my tacking, parcel i sent arrived at its destination on Wednesday....

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Those are some neat-sounding boxes! And, Joy, I wonder where your card got to... :)
Carey, I'm very glad to hear you are feeling better! And glad you are doing better, Joy!
Take care, everyone! I look forward to hearing about the rest of the boxes to come.
Michelle

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Julie has the fairy swap open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1370010/

Victoria Harbour, ON

I see that you marked that Jokenna received from me, know she has been away, do you know if someone picked up the box on her behalf?? Hate to get the box back!!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Hi Michelle!

You are so on top of things LK, always. :~)

This was a brilliant swap Joy.

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Jokenna told me she had someone holding her mail and packages when I notified her that her package would be there the day after she left. She said she didn't want it sent back either!!!!

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Well, so much for plans! I didn't find a good object for #4 quite yet and now I'm being recruited for a job - four years since I've worked for a salary! I'm very excited as this is exactly the type of opportunity I was hoping to find - when I actually got around to finish school, not two years prior! :)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Congrats! Very exciting news, Carey.

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Betty My DH said I got your package. He took some not so good pictures of every thing but they are to bad to put on.

I love love what you sent and cant wait to get my hands on them!
Can you help me out and discribe them for everyone? Do you have any pictures? If not I will post when Iget home.
The Apples look so real what i can see of them. Love the table runners?

My package is ready to send.. Will be sent from SD thats where I'm at right now. Plans changed on me , will be goig back to TX from here in about 2 weeks. I will not be going to OR.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Had to go and look at what I sent..how one forgets so easily!

Old-table cloth
New-shoulder garden buddy to hold your spent flowers/weeds
Something new- I painted a blackboard with blue ribbons
Borrowed-wood from neighbor, cut out a knife/round trivet, had a wooden apple that I cut -quartered then painted, always a fun " apple a day' set that I enjoy painting

I am in New Orleans past few days, more travelling ahead , will post photo's when I return

Sure hope you like

Sounds wonderful Betty! Wow, New Orleans! Are you coming west?

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I met up with Betty and crew in San Antonio, we did the Alamo, and river walk all day! We stopped at the restaurant, Dicks last resort, and had a great day! She is heading East and North, on her way back to Canada.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Lol I love that place! Glad yall had fun :)

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh Betty I love what you sent..Cant wait to see it.

Got my buddys box out today. Sorry its so late and half of what I wanted to send was home so found other things to send.

Hi, all.
LK and Betty, that sounds like a wonderful day you all had! Would be fun to visit there some time :)
And a neat box, too :)
Michelle

Victoria Harbour, ON

Back from holidays so will post as requested what I sent

Borrowed - wood from neighbor..I cut out knife and trivet..wooden apple I had, cut in 1/2 and a 1/2 quartered

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Blackboard for blue
table runner for old

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Greetings all!

It has been a serious yo-yo here in Austin. I had TWO great-aunts die last week and flew home on short notice for funerals. Was also a high school reunion that I attended because I was in town (I was not going to fly to PA just for THAT) and I've also been interviewing for a job and have an onsite appointment this afternoon. PLUS, going to the doctor and had xrays this morning. Have not had a chance to breathe lately!

I received my box sometime this past weekend/early part of the week. I hope there were no plants as my poor hubby has no idea and left it sit on the porch!

My Old, New, Borrowed and Blue received from Tina!

My box smelled soooooo good when I opened!

Old: Cute little pan with ceramic eggs
New: Kitchen towel, dish cloth and plastic bag holder
Borrowed: Homemade soap from Tina's sister
Blue: Dishcloth and coaster made by Tina's aunt

Tina, it is all so pretty. I may put the soap in my pillowcase! It smells wonderful! You have one talented family!

Thumbnail by careyana
BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Betty those apples look real! Your a talented lady! :)

Carey, awesome box!! :) Sorry to hear about your losses. Your in my prayers.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Nice, Carey. What does the pan say on the side?

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh Betty those are beautiful! Thank you so much and for posting the pictures. Cant wait to get home to see them.

Careyana, I hope you like them. It's not what I had planned for you but most of that was at home. Good thing though I had a calla Lilly I was going to send. It would have been mush on your porch. I bet the box smelled very strong setting in the heat. I love the sent of that soap. She uses some very nice oils in the making of it.
My sister gave it to my Aunt and I borrowed it from her...lol

Victoria Harbour, ON

Can smell the soap from here, soooo fragrant!

I have some dishcloths as well similar to yours and I love them

Ohhh now wouldn't those eggs look nice in my kit ken??

Lucky girl

Carole, the pan says "Fresh Eggs" teehee :)

I can finally say my box is at the post office! I apologize profusely to my poor swap mate recipient. I am the absolute worst at these things.

Jokenna, thank you again! Now I have a nice place to set my morning coffee. I'm hoping I'll have my own desk to put it on in the next week!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

carey ;)

Hi, all.
Carey, that sounds like a lovely box you received :) I love scented soap. That's really neat that you received some homemade soap! There are some very pretty fragrances out there that one can use to make them :)
Michelle

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Good luck Carey!

Very sweet box too. I love the handmade dishcloths.

I wish I had the skill and patience to hand make things. :(

Since we don't really have dishcloths, these are super super welcome! All our cloths are used for dusting, and we keep buying sponges. I hate throwing things away and those sponges - UGH.

I think the soap has almond oil in it? One of my absolute favorite scents! Okay, I need to go sniff some more... :)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Looks as though you are enjoying your box of goodies..
when I use sponges I often include them in the dishwasher load, gets rid of the 'yuk'

Sure wish you lived closer, I always tell people ALL can do crafts it's wether or not you try..try and you can!

Just this spring had a SIL who said she couldn't sew, she is now onto 3 quilts, 6 tote bags and placemats

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Was like Xmas at my front door today! lol

I got a great box from Carey!

Old- Antique Perfume Bottle...SOOOO CUTE!!!! Going to my room
New- A happy Sun Hat, def need this!!! :)
Borrowed- A cute green bowl, borrowed from her cupboard, the detail on it is amazing!
Blue- An Infinity neck scarf, LOVE IT! :D

Carey Gal, dont apologize! Things happen! I love everything you sent and with everything you have going on, dont appologize to me!!! lol

Thumbnail by badcat

I'm so glad you like badcat!!! :)

Relieved everything made it in one piece! (The bowl is from an event to raise money for homeless shelters and soup kitchens - made by a local Austin artist!)

I remember how bright the sun in Belleville can be and glad you like the hat! I know the scarf will come in handy during the blustery fall weather and into winter.

I guess I was the last, late sender. Another great swap!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Thanks for letting me know!! :) Are you from Belleville??

Great box Carey and badcat! I hope everyone has enjoyed the swap, I know I did. It is always a challenge to find just the right thing since we are so limited. I hope everyone comes back next year.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Thank you so much Joy. I'll sure be back.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

thank you for hosting roux!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Enjoyed the swap as well..count me in next year!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Me too!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Carole, what a marvelous avatar!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thank you, Turtles. :) Phlox is one of my all-time favorite flowers. I think I inherited a love for phlox from my grandmother who had it all over the bank to their upper vegetable garden.

Badcat, I am not, but spent several years at Scott! It was my first duty station in the USAF. :)

Thank you for hosting Joy! Sorry to have drawn up in the short bus with a flat tire!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.