CLOSED: § 2014 RED, WHITE & BLUE § Patriotic Showcase

Victoria Harbour, ON

Love everything but especially the RWB Angel. Not only will you decorate for July 4th but you can dress up as well, those socks are too cute.

Hmmm mine says delivery Saturday, do you have delivery on Saturdays, if not should be there Monday and on time for July 4th...sure would hate to be late with this one!!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Mine will arive on Monday

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Come on postal guys, the senders are apprehensive that their packages are on schedule!
I had a bad incident when priority took FIVE days!!
Hope that's not the case for anyone here.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I just got the most wonderful box from Jaye! I'll start with the beautiful RWB apron she made me. I love it! She stuffed the pocket with some RWB flower seeds. Alyssum and blue and red morning glories. She also sent a very cute welcome sign with a pretty cardinal on it. It will look beautiful in my foyer. I also received a set of RWB pot holders and a kitchen towel and RWB dish clothes. There also is a pretty set with a kitchen towel and a oven mitt and pot holder. And she sent me some cute RWB note pads.

Jaye, Thank You! Thank You! I really love the apron! You did a fantastic job! I love everything you sent. I'm sorry, I couldn't get a good picture of the apron. It's more beautiful than it looks in my picture. I need to try taking another picture of it. I want everybody to see how pretty it is.
I'll be back with a better picture. Thank You, so much!

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Betty, Betty, Betty. What can I say, you managed to make me all weepy. Do you have any idea how much I was coveting that throw AND the tote? I sat here watching you make them and saying to myself, I'll never be that lucky...I just know she won't get my name. I was so excited when the mail came today and I saw a package from you. I don't have enough Thank You's to express how happy I am. My hubby was also speechless when I showed him. He just said again how nice it all is.

Thumbnail by siliolegma
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I think you can see the bow at the top a little better with these pictures. It's so pretty!

Jax, I'm Sorry! I was so excited about my box, I forgot to mention your box. You received a great box. I love your angel! Do the candles have glitter in them? They look glittery and cute.

I can't wait to see more RWB box's arrive. They are all so fun and festive.

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh, That is so Beautiful! Wow! Betty you are awesome!
Karen, That's great that you watched the love Betty put into your beautiful quilt. I'm glad it was you Betty received for a partner. It sounds like it was meant to be. :) Congratulations! I love the bag also!

This is such a awesome swap! Do we have more landing today? I hope!

Pacifica, CA

wonderful boxes showing up...

happy bitthday lindakay

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Liz, I forgot to thank you for that wonderful gifts to lift up dear Pegi. We've been in this swap through so long together, that we all feel like family and when one's in need of gentle thoughts, nothing better than to open up a welcomed surprise.

Pegi, you've been Darwin's only 'warrior'. That man is so lucky to have you.

Karenlily.. I am so relieved that the box got to you, though a couple days late in mailing out.
The apron is reversible as the bow is a detachable with a safety pin attached.
I'm the apron freak!! Wears them and collects them and sometimes sews them... when time allows it!
Fell in love with the sign, and hope the little white qualifies for RB and white!
With time being 'hijacked' I never thought I'd get this box out soon enough! Glad you enjoy your first RWB!

Well Karen G'ma, they are meant to be yours, as Karenlily says.
Sure enough, your number was picked for Betty's number. First time's a charm and that bag and throw will in turn be coveted by your kids!
Beautiful work Betty. As always, the perfectionist and another generous giver.

Oh.. I'm getting all teary here. Those that know me, I'm living the life of a recluse when I moved here in 2002. All my family's overseas, the extended ones are in Louisiana and Texas.
Thought I'd be cut off from any social interaction..
but thank God for DG and especially the swaps, I get to know good hearted people who I proudly call 'sistahs' that I can talk to almpst daily.
And now we have the RWB sistahs!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I already have two DGDs trying to get my gifts. I gave them my standard line..."You'll just have to wait until I CAK". That usually shuts them up for a while. LOL

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

A whole lotta BEAUTIFUL RWB !!! makes my heart sing ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ^_^

Happy B'day LK ♥♥♥

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Happy birthday Miss Linda Kay! Hope it is wonderful.

I love all the boxes so many nice things. My box should have arrived.

My buddy might have computer problems.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

I found a package tonight....of all the places, the postman set it on top of the recycle bin. I didn't realize it was a gift until I went to put some more things into the container. Yikes!!! Our carrier of 29 years retired the end of May and needless to say the new carrier just isn't up to par yet.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Lizrainey. So many beautiful items, I am overwhelmed with it all. Pictures will come tomorrow.

I have been babysitting the girls all week and today Kim and I spent trying to resolve the situation with the new wall over. Oh did I forget, it doesn't fit the old cabinet!!!

I am so sorry LK, I hope you have/had a fantastic birthday and many, many more to come!!!

This message was edited Jun 13, 2014 8:46 PM

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday! Linda Kay! I don't know how I missed Jaye's cake. I hope you have a great Birthday. Celebrate all weekend!

Jaye, Thank You so much! I love everything. The apron is so special, I love it! It arrived on the perfect day! Everything happens for a reason. I was upset over something that went wrong and then, I opened your box. It changed everything immediately. What a blessing! Thank You so much! You really made my day!

Don't forget to look at the moon tonight. It's a honey moon. The full moon tonight will be the color of honey. It's beautiful!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Evening. All or is it morning,

Just. Got back from the wedding and thought I'd have a coffee and check what you all received. Delivery date said tomorrow, glad you like your box, of course I live RWB and the meaning behind it. Karen was pleased to get your name, I do crats of all sort so rarely do my family/friend make me something so thought just maybe you would enjoy something made just for you..we're you able to read my note that got smoushing into the box? Lol

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yes I could read it just fine Betty. I think I'll probably smile all night just enjoying it so. Special made gifts are from the heart and mean so much more. I regret that with the wedding I wasn't able to get a giftie made. Maybe next year.

My Aunt / best friend / should have been my mom and I exchange made for each other gifts quite often. We have a way of knowing just what will do.

Our family rules at Christmas are the adults cannot buy gifts for each other but are allowed to make small gifties. They have been quite clever, recipe book, calendar, flavored vanilla, candy, cookies, caramel corn. I made the microwave bowls last year plus the scramble I always do. Everyone is enjoying them. One grandson complained at the time because he didn't get the bowls...he was still living at home...fixed him up.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Egads Marion!! That's scary!! What if you hadn't discovered the box, it might be 'recycled' too!! Yes, please do post pictures!

Joyce I hope your buddy's pc is working by now.. did you take any pictures?

Karen G'ma is so proud of her gifts Betty
that she lets the world know on Facebook!! Way to go Karen G'ma!

Karenlily, I am so glad the box altered your day. God has reasons for the delay didn;t He?

Took some pictures of the full moon.. unfortunately it is as bright as a conventional incandescent light bulb that the honey color was flooded by its white brightness. The second picture is at three thirty in the morning as it's descending.

Thumbnail by heavenscape Thumbnail by heavenscape
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! We spent a few days at Padre Island. I came back red like a lobster, but had so much fun!

I love all the gifts coming in!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Glad you had a great birthday, sounds like a lot of fun.

Well meeting family to go clean one of the old cemeteries. We always have fun.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sounds like the perfect mini vacation Lindakay, add in the birthday and special treats like lobster, what can be better.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Lots of great boxes, everybody. :)

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

...oophs! sorry, i missed ya birthday, taters! I hope ya kno me heart holds only good wishes fer ya!

Thanks Jax!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Betty your quilt you sent Karen is gorgeous.

Jaye you sent Taylordaylily a awesome box of goodies.

You know when the world is going crazy. It is nice to come here and see such giving hearts . All you ladies in these swap have such giving big hearts. It feels so nice to be part of it.

Pacifica, CA

marion i heard from a fellow sister, you were scared of your camera lol

heres what i sent

Thumbnail by lizrainey Thumbnail by lizrainey Thumbnail by lizrainey Thumbnail by lizrainey
Pacifica, CA

and more

Thumbnail by lizrainey Thumbnail by lizrainey Thumbnail by lizrainey
Victoria Harbour, ON

Holly Liz, what a box, simply amazing, not sure what my favorite is but think its got to be the bunnies

Lindakay, can see you smilling from here!

We sure take this RWB swap seriously

god bless the USA' better include Canada in that or I'd feel I'm unpatriotic to my own country!! Lol

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

LK, you're supposed to eat a lobster, not be one!!

Patti, this group is certainly a wonderful one. And your heart is so giving too!

Good Lord Liz!!! Did you make the bunnies??? So adorable! I'm in love with everything you packed into Marion's box! Love that little lampshade.. is that a birdhouse or a plaque? Too cute!! Again, you are one awesome Patriot!

Yes Marion, I had to tell Liz you're all thumbs when it comes to cameras!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

God BLESS Canada and Betty!!

Pacifica, CA

lol no jaye didnt make bunnies,
and the bird house is a solar house i went crazy at collectables ect
even found solar snail bug zapper had to get one for me and my mom lol

betty we always see you as our usa gal.
the quilt and purse were just beautiful you made.

all the patriotic gifts are wonderful comming in

Betty, I agree, I love those bunnies!

Liz you sent an awesome box, probably two boxes of goodies to Marion!

Everyone please check the list at the top. If you have a smiley face, that means you have received your box of goodies.
Help me keep it updated please? Let me know if you got your box and don't have a smiley.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

God bless our sister Canada too. We are so thank for their support also.

Victoria Harbour, ON

LindaKay, wouldn't be opposed if you wanted to bring them along when we meet in San Antonio next month..they could be like our travelling froggie and visit Canada for awhile.

Thank you jaye,Liz and Lindakay..maybe it's been meeting up with you guys on different occasions that makes me feel like I'm at home when stateside.

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Great RW&B gifts, Liz. Love those bunnies too, and I agree Collectables, Etc. is a fun place to shop. Guess I'll have to go on line and see what new things they have added since I last bought from them. Marion, if I can use a digital camera I'm sure you can too. Of course, I never check out everything it can do. In fact, just found the zoom button. LOL

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Pegi when we went on our Alaskan cruise, I bought a fancy camera so I could be able to get good shots of whales and icebergs calving. BUT I never read the directions on how to do all that soooo I had decent photos but not great ones.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

ROFLOL, Pegi I can use the camera. I just have this horrible problem with never knowing where I put it last or the battery is dead..yet again. I think I need to get the new one out of the box and working. Kim is usually around with her "not so smart" phone as my sister calls it....so she does most of the pictures.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Linda Kay, Glad you had a nice Birthday! Sorry, you got a little burned.

Jaye, Love your pictures of the moon. Thanks for sharing!
I hung my very cute Welcome sign. It looks great hanging in my foyer. I love it! Thank You!

Liz, Your going to get me in trouble going to Collections Etc. shopping. Lol You send great boxes.

Marion, I have the same camera problems as you. If I can find it, the battery is dead. Lol
I like your bunnies and Uncle Sam's! Great RWB box!

Thumbnail by taylordaylily
(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

RED, White, and Blue--ti--ful ^_^

Victoria Harbour, ON

Love the photo's
Jaye are you now home?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.