CLOSED: § 2014 RED, WHITE & BLUE § Patriotic Showcase

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Names have been given.
Please send it to the name given to you. You'd be getting your RWB from another participant.
Just in case your buddy's camera isn't working, try to take pics of the goodies before packing.

Journey to your post office will begin on June 9th. Make sure fragile items are well wrapped to avoid breakage during transit. If not using priority mail, please purchase delivery confirmation for your records.

Once you've received your RWB... please post pictures! Have fun and RWB is FOREVER in America!!

Patriots:
Bettypauze ^_^
Jordankittyjo ^_^
Taters55 ^_^
Lizrainey ^_^
JSXTIGER ^_^
Abbisgranma ^_^
Siliolegma ^_^
CvilleGardener ^_^
Happgarden ^_^
BarefootT ^_^
Taylordaylily ^_^
Seedtosser1 ^_^
CheerMom ^_^
Rose318 ^_^
Jokenna ^_^
Badcat ^_^
Heavenscape ^_^
Samigal *VIP* ^_^

This message was edited Jul 6, 2014 5:30 PM

Thumbnail by taters55
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Got my name. :)

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Just to let you know I found you! This mailing date will really stick in my mind for this year. 50 years ago I gave birth to the first boy to be born in the Sproul family for many, many, many years. Yes, he is spoiled rotten but I still am proud of him.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

How about that Marion, my birthday too. I'm a tad more than 50 though.

Have my name also will finish shopping and mail out when I'm back home.

Hugs Jaye, will be thinking of you, had the same chore a few years back, really hard taking care of someone you know doesn't even like you in the least. Only consolation I had was knowing I would most likely out live her, just didn't think it would take so long.

I am really impressed at all the amazing people who are born on June 9th!!! Karen, my son, Charles, and Captn. Jack Sparrow. ......the infamous JD. LOL

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Got my name.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Got my name, here marking my spot.

Thumbnail by barefootT
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thunder, That is a beautiful quilt!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Beatiful piece Thunder..

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yes, it is.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Very Beautiful!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I like that look, Thunder! Will be an awesome wall hanger too!

Thank you Karen. This is bad.. but we had hoped that MIL goes first, and not Murdock. But God doesn't want Murdock to suffer any further, and I guess He has confidence in me :D

So Marion, that means you'll be on time!!! Lolol.

thanks Y'all. that is just one block of many. second colorway of a quilt along I did on facebook.
here is the completed quilt in the other color....well just the top / flimsy. not yet quilted.

Thumbnail by barefootT
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

My oh my!! That's a serious challenge Thunder. Comes together so well and of course, beautiful.
Who will be the fortunate recepient of that quilt? Or which son?
By the way, Thunder, I want to thank you, your DH and your sons for all the sacrifice just to keep our flag waving proud and free.
Not only on Memorial Day should we be reminded of sacrifices, but everyday.l

I watched the PBS Memorial Concert, hosted by Gary Sinise, and brought tears to these old eyes.
I may not be born here, but I LOVE America and everything it stands for, including the imperfections of this country.
This is one country with so many immigration requests, not only from across the borders, but from lands that we think are our enemies.

I have a brother who hates MY country. He's a staunch Muslim and thinks that America is a heathen nation. Kinda shut him up when I told him if this is a heathen nation why are there so many Muslims want to come here and those that are already here can pray freely to their Allah without any fear of persecution.
Because this is America, I can pray openly to my Lord, Jesus. If I were to do so in some Islamic countries, I'd be killed. You all heard the stories right?

Ok,. off my soap box.

Again, thank you to those that have put their lives in danger for the rest of us.
Have a great Memorial Day... God Bless America.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
Victoria Harbour, ON

God Bless America as well..

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

And God Bless Canada for all the support you've given us when we need it!

Happy Memorial day everyone!

Thumbnail by taters55
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Happy Memorial Day indeed! ♥♥♥ We remember all those who made the ultimate sacrifice. ♥♥♥

Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy Memorial Day everyone..all will be anxious to see what is hidding in the boxes all are filling lol

I'm more than 1/2 done, soon will be saying 'ta da'

waiting for Daddy to call last night.....
My step-Dad and my Soldier-Boy.....
this is what my memorial day is about
I look at this picture and wonder, how much influence this man had on my sons decision to join the military. Pop was a Lt.Colonial in the Air Force. Levi worshiped the ground he walked on.
Memorial Day is a sad day for me.
hope Y'all stay safe in whatever you do today. ♥♥♥

Thumbnail by barefootT Thumbnail by barefootT
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hoping it's a proud day too T, you have much to be proud about.

Pacifica, CA

yaaaay got my name...

jaye wishing you the most patience on the planet!
hope it all go,s as peaceful as possible.

Surely you jest, Jaye! .......and ruin my long established record?

Karen, I am more than proud, every other day of the year. Memorial day is a sad day. My Pop (step father) passed when my second son was almost 1, he does not remember him at all :( and third son of course never got to meet him :(
I often wonder how different their lives would have been with him in it.
He was a wonderful Man. Took me on, when I was a horrendous, rebellious teen. He had the patience of a saint. Never yelled at me, tho he probably should have. Always spoke to me politely, calmly. truthfully. we listened to music together, his kinds and my kinds. he turned me on to blues, jazz...etc. took me fishing, took me to ball games, and parks. spent time with me.talked to me, listened to me.
when my own father could not be bothered, bio dads idea of a day together, was a trip to a bar, hand me a mess of quarters and dimes, so I could play the jute box, and arcade games. and leave him to his drinkin' .
I miss him every day, but more on memorial day, and More near Levi's Birthday. Levi always looked forward to a "Pop trip" for his b'day. they went fishing, or hiking, or something... again spent time... just the two of them, special time. Ohhh they spent a lot of other time together, but with my Mom and I along..Not quite as special in a little boys eyes. I'm sure you know what I mean.

well enough of that jibber jabber.

Hugs to Y'All ♥♥♥♥♥

I got something I think is really Nifty today for my Buddy !!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Thunder ty for that. It really warms my heart to hear that someone else doesn't think memorial day is just for veterans or bbqs.I'm so happy you had someone like that in your life, it really makes the difference! I am sorry your kids were too little to remember him. It is sad:( I'm sorry bout that hunny. Memorial day is a sad day period. Hugs n

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

How wonderful you had him in your life T. Too sad it wasn't for longer. I can surely understand why you miss him so. He influenced you and you in turn passed it on to your sons. A sperm donation does not a father make.

Funny / odd you used that expression Karen. I often refer to him as my sperm donor. And anyone that knows me , knows who I mean when I say my Dad.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

my box hit the mail today, should be delivered friday

Victoria Harbour, ON

My mom would love to go to Buffalo first weekend in June so will wait

WOW! Look at Kathy, has her box mailed out already! Can't wait to see what you sent! I am still working on my gifts. Hope to get them out soon!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I mailed out to my swap buddy today. She should get it soon.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

got my box today, just got home so will take pix in a bit.
thank you carol

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Im heading to MI the 1st-10th of June, Better to mail before I go or when I get back? Was hoping to pick up something special from Shipshewana.

Cant wait to see pics :)

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I'm still trying to find extras for my box!!! Looks like Carole beats the fast record!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Anxious to see what was in the first box of rwb's!

When do you leave Jaye?

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

I'm always lurking here, looking forward to pictures of all the RW&B items. A little quieter around here getting living room ready so DH can be in the middle of all the mess I create. Feeling a little better now that DH isn't in pain all the time.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I have my box ready. I'll mail it out Monday.

Pegi, Glad to hear your DH is getting some relief from pain.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Pictures Sis!! Pictures Sis!! Pictures Sis!!

Hey Betty, she's having surgery on the 2nd of June, would be discharged on the 4th. From that day on, she'd be needing me.

Pegi, hang around please. Will be a place you can rest your mind..

Can't wait to see what you got Kathy!

Victoria Harbour, ON

You still almost have a week's reprieve Jaye, rest up and enjoy!

Pegi, know under the circumstances you are flitting from thing to thing, know from going through what you are going through absoluely anything to take your mind off reality so yes, get yourself a drink of choice and sit and wait with us while all the rwb boxes arrive.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.