Clematis May 2014

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Time for a new thread.

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1356015/#new

This one is Reiman.

Thumbnail by pirl
Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

My oshiomo ( not spelled right) is blooming but one stem just up and started drooping, buds and all. I see no sign of vole damage. The rest looks fine. Bloom must be 4 inches across

That happened to me with Lemon Chiffon last year. In the morning it was fine and then went into collapse. I cut it at the very base (not even at an inch high) and so far it looks good this year.

Now I'll have to go check on Omoshiro. Looks like the season is beginning for those of us up north!

Thumbnail by pirl

Here is Omoshiro, unknown, Ugly duckling, and another I dont know. More are starting tp open.

Thumbnail by marie_kap Thumbnail by marie_kap Thumbnail by marie_kap Thumbnail by marie_kap

Here is where I did all my work today. Weed wacking, cutting grass. Another view of my new path.
And people ask," what are you doing with all your time now that you are unemployed?" I say, dont worry, my time is filled..lol

Thumbnail by marie_kap Thumbnail by marie_kap

All the clematises are beautiful and your gardens are so restful looking. You might try and rest sometime! LOL

I am waiting till the end of the month when that pool is open...lol I will be resting while I float in the water...lol

Right! Do it! Get take-out for dinner that night. All the rest can be exhausting!

You are funny Arlene..lol

But it's true. I insist!

I'm more tired tonight, after working outside just 4 hours, than days I work 8 hours.

I'm older. I'm right. Listen to me! LOL

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

Venosa violacea clematis. I had two pieces of a gate that just perfectly fit in that space, and so the clematis is planted between the two. That way the dogs can't trample it before it can grow. Planted last year. Looking good!

Thumbnail by happytail Thumbnail by happytail

I like that Happy. It fit in there perfect. I want to find some old fence to do just that.

Thomaston, CT

What a great idea......all the photos look wonderful......still waiting for a bloom here......most of the clems look fine, but I noticed wilt on one of them....I, too, cut the clem down.....I think it was Niobe, but I'm not sure....

Wrong I'd on one of my pics, it was miss bate man not ugly duckling. Now I am trying to figure out where I moved duckling to..lol

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

to all you Clematis mothers, Hope you have a very nice day. Etelka

Thumbnail by kiseta

Ditto from me!

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. I couldn't have asked for a better one, my DS graduated from HS on Saturday😁

Here are a few blooms from my garden. #1 Clematis Arabella with peony Kansas in front and Bernice Carr. #2 Best Wishes. #3 Moonfleet. #4 Arabella. # 5 Arabella with peony Show Girl on the left and Wladislawa on the right.

Thumbnail by Cem9165 Thumbnail by Cem9165 Thumbnail by Cem9165 Thumbnail by Cem9165 Thumbnail by Cem9165

Congratulations to the graduate!

Beautiful photos, as always, Annette. Lots of buds here but no blooms yet.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Very beautiful! I especially love seeing a mature Arabella. Mine went in last year and is up, but I have yet to see her bloom in my garden.

All but two of mine are up so far. Sizaja Ptitsa seems to have disappeared, too much competition, I think. Venosa Violacea may yet show up, her roots are quite shaded. Jackmanii has several stems, some are at least 4' long and climbing nicely up the arbor. Nellie Moser is not far behind. Of the 2 Veronica's Choice, one already has a bud and the other is climbing like mad. Yippee!

It is pure joy to watch them growing.

Liberation (I think) escaped the outside of the dog's pen and is now inside. I'm going to layer it since it's so big. The only other one that it could be is montana grandiflora. In any event, I'm happy about it.

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

Thank you both. Glad to hear that the northern gardens will soon be getting some blooms.

Arabella truly is a joy to see in bloom, and this will continue all summer.

For some reason, my Liberation continues to remain short, but I'm getting another flush of blooms, and it's really noticeable thanks to the huge size of the flowers.

Thumbnail by Cem9165
Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

I am free from cooking till September, so now I can do the garden stuff . Keep arranging the hostas and impatients to shadier places, In this corner they are getting morning sun, shade in the afternoon from the James tree, (Bloodgood JM)Sunset clematis is beutiful and always a good bloomer. In my rose bush I have a mockingbird nest with 3 babies, mother is getting used to me being around. Etelka

Thumbnail by kiseta Thumbnail by kiseta
Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

This is Sunset and Venosa V. this morning.

Thumbnail by kiseta Thumbnail by kiseta
St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

Can't remember the name of this one. Blooming this morning.

Thumbnail by happytail Thumbnail by happytail
Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Here is three of the Clamatis on one fence, also my coreopsis is about to bloom, it is a new one can't wait to see the color. Etelka

Thumbnail by kiseta
Thomaston, CT

Still waiting for a bloom here, but happy to see buds at this point.....very pretty photos from all of you.....

All nice photos. Love your shady spot, Etelka. The coleuses work so well there.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Thank you for the welcome! I'm exited to become part of this forum.

Here are the best pics I could get of my one clem. The bloom is facing northeast so I should take its pic in the morning, but that seems to be my sleeping time, so here's the afternoon version.

(Postponed sending while trying to fix photos; sorry if it doesn't work.)

Turtle

Thumbnail by 13Turtles Thumbnail by 13Turtles Thumbnail by 13Turtles
Athens, PA

Turtle

Great color! Do you know what his name is?

The first one, is a no name, so If you can think of it, that would be nice. Nelly behind the bird bath, My stump should be totally covered in 2 more years.
It is nice to go out each day and see another one popping open to give me a show.

Thumbnail by marie_kap Thumbnail by marie_kap Thumbnail by marie_kap Thumbnail by marie_kap Thumbnail by marie_kap

Lovely clematis, turtles.

Marie - the first one looks like The President to me. All great photos! That bird bath is great!

Thanks,I love seeing the rest of these pictures, it makes me want more. I want different colors and ones that bloom more in the summer.
I just ordered, Sweet summer love. Has anyone had any experience with this one?

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

That's just it; I have exactly none idea on the name. Thankfully, it's the only one I have so the only one I have no id for! From now on out I hope to preserve a semblance of organization. This one is only one year old with me. Pretty soon I'm going to feel like I can start planting in the ground.

No experience with Sweet Summer Love, Marie.

Be brave, turtles!
Take another photo of it in the sunshine and maybe that will help us identify it for you.

Thomaston, CT

Marie, my Gypsy Queen blooms early summer & then in fall when not too much else is blooming.....

I will check that one out. The sweet summer love, they say blooms all summer. We will see. I am hoping the quart size is really a good size and not a young plug put in a qiuart pot...lol

That's happened to me more often than I ever expected, Marie.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Oh, I really hate that!

Amazingly, they all survived and have done very well. No one was more surprised than I was.

Just saw this ad and it has to be a plug. The shipping is probably double the cost of the "bargain" $5.00 clematis!

http://www.waysidegardens.com/empresstrade-clematis/p/v1775/&utm_source=WG140515&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dailydealempressclematis&kc=SITE?spMailingID=20781676&spUserID=NzM2NzAyMDk3MjUS1&spJobID=320871574&spReportId=MzIwODcxNTc0S0

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.