May Weather, let the growing begin.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They are calling for a high of 83F, which is higher than the average but is livable.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on May 18, 2014
Haze
60 °F
Haze
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 55 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the South
Pressure: 29.85 in (Rising)
Visibility: 5.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 5.00 out of 12

Mountain View, HI

Another still, partly cloudy, dry day. Quite nice but will probably get hot later.

Coming and going!

Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb Thumbnail by microb
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

70s today and sunsine. Last cool day for awhile.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

67 F the high , and sunny mid 40's tonight ?

Kelli . ; Us Easterners , are taught to believe the songs , it never rains and it is always warm and sunny in Southern California lol ^_^

Well, it hardly ever rains, hardly ever is cold, and away from the coast, it is usually sunny.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Des Plaines, Ill. 54* with some overcast, should clear later. I always think of the Chicago area as short on enuff power...

Thumbnail by kittriana

They are calling for a high of 77F today. It is sunny, it is warm, it isn't raining, juhur, just like the legend.

Updated: 9:51 AM PDT on May 19, 2014
Partly Cloudy
69 °F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 53%
Dew Point: 51 °F
Wind: 4 mph Variable
Pressure: 29.91 in (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 6 out of 16
Pollen: 4.90 out of 12

Microb, you might like this. This was at an epiphyllum show.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow Wyoming! Glad I missed that t'storm. Looks like rain comin outside- sittin just north of Chicago now at Wis state line. A few lilac lookin blooms and dandy lions noddin heads is all...

81 for high today. Stong winds at 38mph, gusting, today also.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sunny 54º going for 80º.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Recd. 1" plus .03/10 tenths of rain yesterday. Boy, it can rain, coming back from Menomonie it rained so hard in some places that wipers on high couldn't keep up.
Now we have fog this morning. Wished it could clear and dry up so I can spray grass in my flower beds.

They are calling for a high of 71F. I am thankful for days like this for every one is one less day over 90F.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on May 20, 2014
Mostly Cloudy
57 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 48 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.94 in (Rising)
Visibility: -
Pollen: 4.70 out of 12

Currently 84 and breezy. It feels humid too but not too bad.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

1830 cdt. down from 92* to 86*, 47% humidity. sullen feel. Breeze 10mph sluggish. UV 1 of 16. Severe T'storm watch til 2300 tonite. Who says truckers dont garden? that bumper ISNT as tuff as the animals on it... NOT MY TRUCK, by the way

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Mountain View, HI

Another still, quiet, dry, partly cloudy day. A little hotter. Should stay this way til next Monday.
Need rain, hanging baskets and rain forest tropical need RAIN.

Kelli - I saw an Epi show on youtube but not with a display table that big.

We have started putting a bloom on our dining table in a small bowl of water. Usually lasts two or three day ...... depending on how hungry we are LOL.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sunny, bright, 55º.
Window is open next to me & birds are chirping outside.

55F here, to.

They are calling for a high of 75F

Updated: 6:06 AM PDT on May 21, 2014
Mostly Cloudy
55 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 46 °F
Pressure: 29.96 in (Rising)
Pollen: 4.70 out of 12

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

66°/81°/55°
Rest Of Today...Partly sunny early in the morning then becoming mostly sunny. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight...Partly cloudy. North wind 5 to 10 mph.

We went from a coat to shorts in a minute.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

85 earlier , 80 now , thunderstorms in the distance , cloudy , very light wind 1 or 2 mph ,
wind alleviates the Humidity , yesterday it was like carrying rocks ,, heavy ...

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

62° this morning, right now 85° humidity is 19%, they say this weekend we'll get up to the mid to upper 90's, Yuck. No rain predicted, and none since last Thursday.

Some Florida wild flowers.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

84 with high humidity. Doesn't take long to soak the clothes in it.

Mountain View, HI

Where does all this humidity come from. Its like the doldrums here. Another day of sun, some clouds, dry, humid, sometimes a light warm breeze from various directions. Now they say no return of tradewinds until mid next week. Might be some thunderstorms up the other end of the island chain this weekend but that does not help us.

In the 20 years we have lived here we have gone from mainly nice cool, rainy weather to that described above. During the rainy years long, long ago we had 30 days of straight rain, 60 inches, beautiful.

We installed ceiling fans in three rooms this year due to the increasing heat.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Was 67*, cloudy and no winds in Belton, Mo - south of Pepper- fought my way across to Olathe since traffic got stalled behind a long blade on an oversize load ( they go to the big wind generators) he was on route, but too long. Picked up these storm fits with enough rain to wash the grasshopper guts off my windshield, and by Olathe, Ks the winds are kicking 26mph, temp dropped to 65* - i knew a storm was due since my hair went from trying to crawl toward the walls of my truck, to behaving like hair again.

I 435 west at state lines, morning traffic, and then clouds from the storms...

Your morning traffic looks just like L.A. every day. But you know that since you drive all over. What city or area has the worst drivers?

They are calling for a high of 77F today. There is a 20% chance of rain but I just roll my eyes at that.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on May 22, 2014
Mostly Cloudy
57 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 81%
Pressure: 29.95 in (Rising)
Pollen: 4.50 out of 12

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I have long ago decided that cities are guinea pigs undergoing massive experiments for telemarketers and researchers. Cities all have their own personalities. Like LA is different than the eastern reaches of the state. LA says yeah we have smog so thick you cant see in front of the hood of your vehicle and headaches, and blowing dust that piles up hundreds of vehicles along with the usual desert smog- and are always under water restrictions- but where else would we go that has EVERY sport and recreation within 2 hrs? Ski? Surf? Antique shows? Hollywood? Etc. Utah says ' the blondes are imports to help the tourist business, and it doesn't matter if I get killed driving stupid, I am goin to heaven. New Jersey does everything screamin and shoutin, horn blowin, run over anything in their way- including concrete blocks to protect people. Dallas says, let me go, i will let you go and we will get there as fast as possibe at 90mph to 0mph in 2 seconds flat. Ft Worth its ' look how good these brakes are on this little compact car! I can stop an 18 wheeler and the whole interstate when I use them. There is always drivers thinking they are going to actually teach someone a lesson no matter what they have to do to teach em. Canadians drive like they are out to kill Americans and have really arrogant nasty attitudes. I hate Florida the worst. Plain suicidal and out to push their way thru anyone.

Mountain View, HI

Surprise, wet all day today. Came up from the south overnight. Still light winds and humid but cooler.
Higher than average number of hurricanes forecast this year due to El Nino.

Come drive in Hawaii Kittriana - love your comments - Honolulu has worst traffic in the nation.

On the Big Island we drive barefoot or in slippers, pass either side. Its mostly pickups old and new and SUVs. Drive 45 in 55 limit - or other choice is 65 in 55 limit. Watch out for drunk drivers or drugged drivers. Very few large rigs. Just a few pulling containers from the docks or hauling logs or gasoline tankers.
Drive the new highway across the island and get a ticket.

Thumbnail by microb
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Chuckl. Try 85 in 70mph. Nevada- Montana, lots of room tho. Heard tales of your cops bein the largest Samoans findable and the roads made of lava rock. You get a plethora of tourists and bad habits agreed. Florida is full of the Cuban communities and every New Yorker tired of living in the city. 500 minimum miles southbound of bumper to bumper inch along traffic all but 1hr after midnite. They have the median cables nonstop down the center to keep them on concrete or they park on everything. pass on the shoulders, use the on/off ramps to try and cheat traffic speeds. Austin, Texas is bad about that one and I suspect it came up oit of Mexico from what I see in the lower tips of Texas. They pull out and park all over the hwy, the shoulders, the medians...They haven't made me a truck that can handle that hwy terrain to Hawaii yet...

Our weather is all over today. I stepped outside this morning in shorts and a tank top and ran back inside to put jeans and a light sweater on. lol. A couple hours later it finally heated up to 80s with sunshine before clouds moved in and dropped the temps. Now it's 78.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

72º Still sunny. Beautiful day.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

It was hit and run weather this morn in KC for sure! Nice here in Carthage, tho I saw a few mammatus passing over when I came out from underground, but temps appear stable.

Mountain View, HI

Look like portals to the center of the Earth. Where do they go?

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Underground food storage vaults for places like Sysco/Kraft/Sugar Creek to name a few-- i came out of #15 hole to load on an outside dock.

82* w/47% humidity, temps jumped 10* in one hour. St Louis nickname 'Arch' and the bridges at the River. Time for shorts, food and roll again. Had to wait on a schoolbus of teens to get to tbe restroom in a tiny stop..Oh yeah- thats the Speedway at St Lou gearin up for weekend stuff and sorry but I have had bad luck snapping stills of the Stadiums lately...bad traffic, roads and positioning.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

They're calling for a high of 77F today. They called for that yesterday, too, but I don't think we made it. It was cloudy all day. Today is mostly sunny.

Updated: 9:51 AM PDT on May 23, 2014
Mostly Cloudy
67 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 57%
Wind: 4 mph Variable
Pressure: 30.00 in (Steady)
UV: 4 out of 16
Pollen: 4.30 out of 12

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I was wrong. temp in my vehicle showed 82*, but it was 76* when I got air moving over the tmeter and away from sun. Beautiful weather in Coumbus Ohio, but holiday traffic is turning ridiculously unthinking already.

I'm glad I'm not on the 15 headed for Las Vegas. That has got to be a mad house about now. Actually, I'm glad I'm not on any L.A. freeway right now.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

76 the high
48 tonight

Very nice day !^_^

80 for a high and humid. Not much of a breeze so everyone was suffering today.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

80º for high here, also.
Now 68º, I think I will leave bedroom windows open.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Happy Memorial day weekend to you all.
Gonna be a hot one here, up to 97, but at least humidity is very low at hottest part of the day, sunny and 20% of rain, which means no rain.

kittriana, I have to laugh at your description of Florida drivers, I hate driving the highways here, always under construction and the worst drivers are down in South FL, where they were born with cell phones glued to their ears and are all over the place. The rules are certainly "anything goes" down there. We live an hour NE from Disney World and have way too many tourist from all over the world here that have no clue where they are going. I miss the days when a rental car had a Z or a Y at the beginning of the license plate so you knew to watch out for them.

We take the back roads as much as possible, even when we are in the motor-home with Jeep in tow. Just a lot easier on the nerves. I let the hubs drive the highways when in the moho, especially in the south US because I get truckers pull aside me and flirt...WTH? Husband thinks it is hilarious.

This message was edited May 24, 2014 8:58 AM

They are calling for a high of 80F today.

Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on May 24, 2014
Overcast
61 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 75%
Dew Point: 53 °F
Wind: 5 mph from the ESE
Pressure: 29.98 in (Steady)
Visibility: 7.0 miles
Pollen: 3.60 out of 12