Spring plants from ADR astilbe, phlox, more?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Heya! I know we're already working on filling some flats from North Creek for distribution before or at our spring plant swap, but I wanted to see about adding some bare-root plants from ADR to the party.

Like our other group buys, this will be "at cost," and you'll need to pick up the plants at our May 31 swap or soon before/after from my place in Frederick. You might be able to make arrangements with somebody else to ferry plants to you or even to box them up and ship them, but I WILL NOT BE SHIPPING PLANTS.

Also, So let me stress that these plants are BARE ROOT. They will probably be breaking dormancy on arrival (they are stored cold/dormant but generally warm up during shipping), so it's important to get them in the ground or potted up ASAP.

I know people have mixed feelings about buying bare root, and I've had them fail simply because I ignored them for a month in the bag. Because of some physical issues, I can't offer to pot up plants in order to hold them. However, Aspenhill (Terri) and I are thinking of ordering them earlier this spring and having a "pot 'em up" party... if that interests you, please let me know. With this approach, we could offer potted plants at the swap (instead of bare root), possibly adding $1 per plant for potting mix, moisture crystals, and pots.

Please see next post for plants we're hoping to include and prices. Plants are at wholesale savings and must be purchased in multiples of 25. Order deadline is April 31 (bear in mind varieties could sell out sooner), and payment is due before plants ship.

We've dealt with ADR before for both bulbs and plants and have been very happy. They have gone out of their way to fix any errors and make sure we're delighted with our purchases. However the standard disclaimer applies -- I'm not a retailer, dealing in enough quantity and with enough markup to absorb losses. We are all taking a risk in any group purchase that plants, bulbs, or other products won't be satisfactory or delivered as promised, so in the unlikely event that their warehouse is sucked up by purple spotted aliens from Betelguese, you'll still be responsible for your share of the order. :-)

This message was edited Mar 9, 2014 10:36 PM

Thumbnail by critterologist
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Plants being ordered 3/10
updated 3/23

ASTILBE $1.30 each, including shipping to me
(3) 'Key Largo' (raspberry pink): 15 for me, 10 for Aspen, but we'll share
(3) 'Key West' (red/pink): 15 for me, 10 for Aspen, but we'll share
will try to get:
(5) 'Ostrich Plume'
(5) 'Bridal Veil'
(1) 'Amethyst'
(12) 'Erika'
(5) 'White Gloria'

GARDEN PHLOX $1.30 each, including shipping to me
(2) 'Flame Pink' (compact): 10 for me, 5 for Terp, 3 for Martina, 5 for Yehudith
(2) 'Flame White with Red Eye' (compact) 10 for me, 5 for Terp, 3 for Martina, 5 for Yehudith
(12) 'Super Red' (tall garden phlox, red-purple) 5 for me, 3 for Martina,

(36) CROCOSMIA 'Lucifer' (for the hummers!) 27+ for me, 12 for Martina
12 for $4, compare to 18 for $12.50 online at Home Depot

DAHLIAS (tender; lift in fall)

(10) Dahlia 'Wink', from the "Happy series" of compact dahlias... bicolor single blooms and dark purplish leaves. Priced at $1.50 each... I'd take up to 15. Heck, I'd probably take 25, but I should share!

Melody Collection (shorter varieties), $2.25 per tuber, including shipping to me
(4) 'Dora' (yellow & salmon with a touch of purple) 3 for Yehudith, 3 for me
(4) 'Gypsy' (soft pink, yellow heart) 3 for Yehudith, 3 for me
(4) 'Latin' (sunny yellow) 3 for Yehudith, 3 for me
(4) 'Mambo' (deep red) 3 for Yehudith, 3 for me

Collection #132, $2.25 per tuber, including shipping to me
(1) 'Jean-Marie' (lilac, white tips, 4 ft.)
3 for me, 3 for Holly, 3 for Yehudith
(1) 'Seattle' (yellow, white tips, 4 ft.)
(1) 'Santander' (rosy pink & cream blend, 2-3 ft.)
(1) 'Sights of Summer' (glowing orange, 2-3 ft.)
3 for Martina, 3 for Holly, 3 for Yehudith

GLADIOLUS Collection #191, $2 per pack of 10 corms (compare to $13.49 for 20 corms online at Home Depot),
(1) Antica', smoky red: 1 for me, 3 for Yehudith, 1 for Martina
(1) 'Her Majesty', blue-violet: 2 for me, 3 for Yehudith
(1) 'Jessica', pink/salmon: 2 for me, 3 for Yehudith
(1) 'Jester' yellow & red: 1 for me, 3 for Yehudith, 1 for Martina
(1) 'Bonnes Vacances' light pink brushed with rose: 2 for me, 3 for Yehudith
(1) 'Plum Tart' magenta-purple: 2 for me, 3 for Yehudith
(1) 'Rose Supreme' rosy pink & cream: 2 for me, 3 for Yehudith
(1) 'Green Star' lime green: 2 for me, 3 for Yehudith
. (doesn't fade to sickly yellow like other green glads)

(5) FILEPENDULA rubra 'Venusta' ("Meadowsweet") $1.25 each, including shipping
5 for me, 3 for my MIL, 5 for Aspen, 5 or 10 for Holly, 2 for Martina

TRADESCANTIA "Spiderwort" $1 each, including shipping to me
(10) 'Little Doll', compact form, lavender blooms
15 for me

also under consideration:

other colors of tall garden phlox, especially pinks (Eva Cullum, Pink Gown) & lavenders (Franz Schubert) -- post your favorites!

(25) Ligularia Prezwalski, 5 for $7, imagine its tall yellow bloom stalks and dark leaves with ferns, hostas, astilbes, etc.

Chris at ADR just forwarded the list (updated 3/20) of what's still available in their perennial inventory. Nearly all their astilbe and phlox on their perennial page are still in stock, which is music to my ears since those are the plants I was most interested in. :-)

Some prices below DO NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING TO ME. (I have freight estimates on items he's invoiced me on) Since these prices look like they're 1/3 of cost if purchased at retail (locally) we should still come out all right even if Chris doesn't give us free shipping this time (I'm working on him!).

I'd like to ask people to be willing to purchase at least 5 for the bare root plants, although once a bag has "sold out" I may drop to multiples of 3 (keeping our group total at 25 for that variety: for example 10+6+3+3+3).

Take a look and see what interests you: http://www.adrbulbs.com/category/Wholesale-Bulk-Bare-Root-Perennials

ASTILBES
'Peach Blossom' is sold out for sure. I have 'Key West' and 'Key Biscayne' reserved, and I'm trying to get others. Prices are about $1.30 per plant including shipping to me.

The "Key series" of Astilbe simplicafolia are a compact varieties with attractive foliage that makes them very nice in or out of bloom. 'Key West' is my favorite, with red buds, pink blooms, red stems and red-edged leaves. 'Key Biscayne' is raspberry-pink, with kelly green foliage, and 'Key Largo' is said to be more of a light pink, also with red-edged leaves.

They also have the compact Astilbe "younique" hybrids, in shades of 'Carmine', 'Cerise', 'Lilac', 'Silvery Pink', and 'White'.

TALL GARDEN PHLOX (Phlox paniculata)
'Franz Schubert' is a recent favorite of mine, with big blooms seeming to be delicately watercolored in violet & pink. 'David' goes anywhere, with its pure white blooms and mildew-resistant foliage. The only one currently sold out is 'Laura'. Many are 99 cents per plant, a few are $1.15.

SHORTER TALL GARDEN PHLOX
They also have several colors of the newer "Flame series," compact varieties said to be disease resistant and naturally dwarf. Great colors!

EUCONOMOUS
"Pineapple Lilies!" What a cool looking plant! Let's try one -- maybe 'Sparkling Burgundy' at $1.35 each? Looks like none are yet sold out... and on the list he sent, Chris also mentioned the Tiny Piny series (love Tiny Piny Ruby!), so I can get prices on those also if there's interest.

DAHLIAS

I've fallen in love with 'Wink', from the "Happy series" of compact dahlias... bicolor single blooms and dark purplish leaves. Priced at 5 for $6.25 in a bag of 25... I'd take up to 15. Heck, I'd probably take 25, but I should share!

The dahlia collections are priced at $2 per tuber, 10 tubers each of 4 different varieties. My pick would be either collection #138 or #139, but I can find ones I like in any other collection too.

GLADS

I'm looking at Collection #191 this year... bags of 10 corms for $2/bag. If you're interested, at least give me an idea of how many bags you would want altogether, so I can judge whether or not to purchase.

OTHERS: Brunnera are sold out, as are most of the peonies. Tradescantia (Spiderworts) are all in stock, priced from 85 cents to $1.06. In the geraniums, Sanguineum Album and Kashmir Purple remain, but only a few. Others are just hit & miss, so ask if there's anything that catches your attention.

This message was edited Mar 23, 2014 10:20 AM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

We "did" lilies and glads last year, so maybe this year we should look at dahlias? or cannas? I like to put "lift in fall" stuff all in the same area (if not in containers) so I'm not looking all over for it... I figure if I'm going to have a plumeria, I may have well have a couple of Eucomis under it... if I'm going to have a banana plant, I may as well have some cannas to go with it... and so it goes!

I think a couple of people were talking about dahlias last year, so I'm willing to get into those also if there's interest. The "gallery," "happy," and "melody" varieties (all shorter ones) are $1.25 each, taller varieties look like they're closer to $2 each.

Anybody need more glads? This assortment #179 caught my eye, http://www.adrbulbs.com/plantname/gladiolus179

This message was edited Mar 3, 2014 11:55 PM

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

What am I missing? Everything at ADR seems to be marked "out of stock."

Never mind - I read your post that "Although they're marked "sold out" on the website, Chis told me he could probably get us what we wanted."

This message was edited Mar 4, 2014 10:36 AM

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh thanks for that, happy! Apparently I have some reading comprehension issues!

I'd be interested in getting more Dimension lily if he has any left. I don't think I have room for any more plants. I mean, I could kill more grass but that's going to take some time. :)

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

I'd be interested in Dahlia's if there is enough interest.

and I nominate the following phlox:
Pink Flame,
White w/red eye flame,
Fairest one,
and
Bright Eyes

5 of each

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Terp, we might do a google search, but I'm thinking I've heard that 'Bright Eyes' has mildew issues but 'Eva Cullens' (sp) is a stronger variety with about the same coloring. *shrug* I have a clump of Bright Eyes that's never seemed to have issues, but dunno.

Chris sent me an updated list (excel file, or I'd just post it) of what's left in his perennials inventory. That's what I'm working from. I noted some types of plants that were mostly sold out or mostly available above, others are hit & miss. Let me know what catches your eye, and I can check on availability.

silver spring, MD(Zone 7a)

I'd like some glads and dalhias

Yehudith

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yehudith, Terp, please suggest varieties or types you're interested in with the dahlias... "collections" seem to be priced at 40 tubers (10 each of 4 varieties) for $79.60 -- call it $80, $2 each, 3 for $6, 3 each of 4 varieties for $24 with a set of 4 remaining... however we split it, an assortment probably our best bet if we can agree on one!

Individual varieties are sold in bags of 25... 5 for $6.25 for most, looks like. Of those still in stock, I totally love 'Wink' and 'Fanfare' and would pick up 10 or 15 of either one.

You know I'm "in" on anything pink or purple from the collections and maybe others if they strike me... Collections 138 and 139 might be my favorites, but I'd be up for as much as 1/3 share of the shorter Melody series or the Powder Puff collection.

Yehudith, how does this glad collection look to you? http://www.adrbulbs.com/plantname/gladiolus191 It has 48 packs of 10 bulbs, 8 different varieties, for about $2 per pack. I don't know how many you'd be willing to take... but if you're willing to get up to half of them ($45 worth), we could order the collection, take out the ones we want for sure, sell off what we can of the rest, and split the remaining ones between us. What do you think?

silver spring, MD(Zone 7a)

OK here's where I am. If its pink, lavender, clear yellow, white or blue I'm in. The bigger, and blowsier the better. One half of my yard is baking sun the other shade so I'm good for just about anything. I'm happy to take odds and ends.

Yes I'll split #191 and I really like the melodies

I'd like Glads "Good News", "Green Star", "Pastel mix" for sure

Looking at all the pre-order stuff, what do you guys think of a pre-order buy. If someone can keep track of the numbers and all I'll be most happy to host a pick up party at my house.

Yehudith

Yehudith, that sounds like fun! It was great to finally meet you the other day. Too bad it was such a short meeting, though.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yehudith, I'll call ADE then & ask to add glad collection #191 to our order. they are out of individual varieties, just have a few collections left, no Pastel Mix, but take a look at #180. https://www.adrbulbs.com/plantname/gladiolus180 The "Peaches & Cream Mix" is similar to the Pastels Mix that's sold out, and the "Hot & Spicy Mix" fits with your wish for "blowsy." :-) Collection #180 is another 300 corms, though... how many glads do you want altogether? With up to half of the other collection (191), you're already in for 240 corms. Let me know, either way, and I'll see what I can get.

I'll run the numbers for this ADR spring buy. (If we start talking about more than amaryllises for this fall, I'll be looking for somebody else to do that spreadsheet!)

Yehudith, thanks for offering to host the pick-up party! Since we're doing an earlier pickup for some of the NC plants, it might also be easier to have our ADR items delivered then. The bare root plants, glad bulbs, etc. will be easy to bring down... depending on volume, I'll split up what I can ahead of time, some things we might sort out on the spot.

The earlier north creek pickup is set up for the week of April 21... so are we looking at Sunday April 27? If so, Aspen & I will still have a pot 'em up get together to deal with our bare root plants, maybe that Saturday (26th), and anybody else who wants to swing by is welcome.

Anybody ordering from ADR who needs to pick up at the swap instead, don't worry... I'll keep an eye on the bare root plants and take steps if they are coming too far out of dormancy. I only have to hold them for a couple of weeks, so the most I'd need to do would be to put a bundle of 5 plants into a little container of potting mix... they can be separated and properly potted or planted out after people get them home.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Jill,
Are any of the astrantias still available? The photos of 'Abbey Road' or 'Star of Fire' caught my eye. I googled it, and low and behold - they are for shade!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Sorry, the Astrantia's are marked "sold out" on the list Chris sent me. Do you want any of the taller Astilbes? I'd take 5 of pretty much any variety that catches your eye (yes even 'Ostrich'; it would probably be fine with some of those arching ferns from North Creek).

I did ask to add 2 dahlias -- a bag of 'Melody Collection' and a bag of 'Wink' They're checking availability on the perennials I asked for, and I expect to hear about them and the dahlias also on Monday. I noticed this evening that Melody Collection & Wink are both now "sold out" on the dahlia page, so I don't know if we got them or not. But you can see that anything else we want to add, we'd better be quick about it!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

On the astilbe, I don't know how tall 'Amethyst' is, but I like the purple color. Is that one still available?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'll check. If it is, we'd better jump on it... I'd take as maby as 10, 5 for sure, how about you?

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

I'll shoot for 15, then adjust to more or less depending on any one else being interested.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

OK, then it's a "GO!" for a bag of 'Amethyst' if they still have one for us.

Jill, I'm only interested in one of the varieties in group #137 -- Cafe au Lait. I don't suppose anyone's interested in the other 3 dahlias in that group? :)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I like the Dahilia dinner plate collection # 131, # 132 (this is my favorite) and Cactus collection # 143

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

SSG, dahlia collection #137 is out of stock (except for the perennials, the "in stock" notations are pretty up to date).

Holly, I'd take 3 each of D collection #132... how many do you want, min/max? anybody else? I'm new to dahlias, but I'm pretty sure "decorative" & "dinnerplate" are used interchangeably to mean the big ones... it would be fun to try those... I'd give the red/yellow one to Martina!

Oh I completely missed the part about them being sold out! I might have to get Cafe au Lait from another dealer.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Jill, What is the price on the collection? I'm thinking at least 3 of each variety but I would be glad to take 6 or just split it in half with you if no one else wants them.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Holly, I'll double check but $2/tuber sticks in my head... about $80 for the collection with 10 each of 4 varieties. 3 or 6 each for you should make it workable... I think the colors would interest Yehudith also, from what she said above.

I'll email Chris and ask him to check on Astilbe 'Amethyst' and the Dahlia collection #132, so we can add them to our order if possible.

If anybody else is considering other additions, please let me know so I can inquire about them at the same time... that way I'm not sending Chris daily requests LOL.

This is fun!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh, I was trying to be so very good, but I can't stand it any more. Just got to see what you have and what I want. LOL
Oh I realize I didn't make it clear I was talking about the Astilbes.

This message was edited Mar 19, 2014 5:46 PM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Mostly interested in any of the Key Series like Key West, Key Largo best will take Key Biscayne as well. Younique Carmine, Cerise, Lilac are my fav's but could take a couple of the lighter colors as well. Can you get the Filependula rubra 'Venusta' I would take quite a few of them. I'd go for some of the Pineapple Lilies, too.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Holly, are you interested in 5 each of the astilbes, or more? It sounds like you're just wanting the compact varieties -- yes? I'd like to try Younique 'Lilac'... not sure if there's enough interest to order other "Younique" series varieties, as nobody else has mentioned them. They are supposed to be very floriforous.

My neighbor Martina wants some of the compact astilbes also, probably no more than 5 of each. If anybody else is interested, please post, as we may need to order a 2nd bag of one or more of the "Key" varieties.

We've got the Filependula 'Venusta'... Holly, do you want 5, or 10?

I got shipping estimates on our official invoice... at first glance, looks like it'll add 10 cents per bare root plant and 25 cents per dahlia tuber. We'll keep the glads at an even $2 per pack of 10. I'll also add $1.50 per order for labels & bags. I'll update with this info at the top of the thread.

Hopefully we won't end up with too many "leftovers" from bags that were mostly sold, but if we do we might have to share the cost (and split up the plants)... At most, this cost shouldn't go beyond 10% of your total. In the past, people have done a great job of speaking up for leftovers, but I just wanted to include this "buffer" for our group buy. Since we're saving at least 50% even with these added costs, I hope we're all OK with this -- if not, let me know.

I'd go for Pineapple lilies also, but I don't know if there's enough interest for even 1 bag. My first pick would be one of the red/burgundy flowered ones -- either 'Tiny Piny Ruby' or 'Sparkling Burgundy'. Which one is tripping your trigger, Holly?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I like both either is good if we can get them. I would like 10 of the Filependula 'Venusta' but can share. 5 each of the astilbes is plenty and the Younique Lilac would be fine, too.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I looked again and have a new favorite...er, what do you think of Younique 'Silvery Pink'?

I'll put you down for 9 of the filependula so I can slide 1 to Martina. :-)

I'll check with Chris on the pricing for the Eucomis Tiny Piny Ruby (I figure we'll have an easier time spreading the love with a smaller variety, easy to tuck into containers).

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I liked the darker varieties a bit better but the Silvery Pink is lovely, too.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

* * * ASTILBE update * * *

If we can get them, here's what I have on my list now.

Holly, I have you down for 5 of each, 10 each of the younique hybrids. If there are any on the list you do not want, just say so. Or if there are others you'd like, put them in for consideration!

Key West. . . (compact, great foliage)
Key Largo . . . (compact, great foliage)
Silvery Pink. . . (younique, compact & floriferous)
Lilac. . . (younique, compact & floriferous)
Ostrich Plume. . . (pink, arching/cascading)
Bridal Veil. . . (white, cascading)
Amethyst . . . (purple, 18-24")
White Gloria . . . (white, 30")
Erika . . . (pink, 28")

Note that 'Erika' is probably much lighter pink than the ADR photo.

Central, MD(Zone 7a)

Can we reiterate what is needed to complete them?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Critter these are the ones I want :
Key West. . . (compact, great foliage)
Key Largo . . . (compact, great foliage)
Silvery Pink. . . (younique, compact & floriferous)
Lilac. . . (younique, compact & floriferous)
Amethyst . . . (purple, 18-24")

I am not interested in these:
Ostrich Plume. . . (pink, arching/cascading)
Bridal Veil. . . (white, cascading)
White Gloria . . . (white, 30")
Erika . . . (pink, 28")

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Terp, I've got feedback from Holly & Aspen now, so I'll post available #'s in a minute. brb

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

current totals... # available is in parentheses. there may be more glads available, but Yehudith has dibs on up to half if she wants them.

Holly, are you good with 3 each on the dahlias? Do you want any of the Melody mix or 'Wink'? I would take just 2 each if we run short, except on Wink.

Terp, ask for whatever varieties and numbers you want... I'll accommodate where I can. Any of the tall phlox where you'll take half if need be, I'll add to the order tomorrow if I can.

ASTILBE $1.30 each, including shipping to me
(3) 'Key Largo' (raspberry pink): 15 for me, 10 for Aspen, but we'll share
(3) 'Key West' (red/pink): 15 for me, 10 for Aspen, but we'll share
will try to get:
(5) 'Ostrich Plume'
(5) 'Bridal Veil'
(1) 'Amethyst'
(12) 'Erika'
(5) 'White Gloria'

GARDEN PHLOX $1.30 each, including shipping to me
(2) 'Flame Pink' (compact): 10 for me, 5 for Terp, 3 for Martina, 5 for Yehudith
(2) 'Flame White with Red Eye' (compact) 10 for me, 5 for Terp, 3 for Martina, 5 for Yehudith
(12) 'Super Red' (tall garden phlox, red-purple) 5 for me, 3 for Martina,

(36) CROCOSMIA 'Lucifer' (for the hummers!) 27+ for me, 12 for Martina
12 for $4, compare to 18 for $12.50 online at Home Depot

DAHLIAS (tender; lift in fall)

(10) Dahlia 'Wink', from the "Happy series" of compact dahlias... bicolor single blooms and dark purplish leaves. Priced at $1.50 each... I'd take up to 15. Heck, I'd probably take 25, but I should share!

Melody Collection (shorter varieties), $2.25 per tuber, including shipping to me
(4) 'Dora' (yellow & salmon with a touch of purple) 3 for Yehudith, 3 for me
(4) 'Gypsy' (soft pink, yellow heart) 3 for Yehudith, 3 for me
(4) 'Latin' (sunny yellow) 3 for Yehudith, 3 for me
(4) 'Mambo' (deep red) 3 for Yehudith, 3 for me

Collection #132, $2.25 per tuber, including shipping to me
(1) 'Jean-Marie' (lilac, white tips, 4 ft.)
(1) 'Seattle' (yellow, white tips, 4 ft.)
(1) 'Santander' (rosy pink & cream blend, 2-3 ft.)
(1) 'Sights of Summer' (glowing orange, 2-3 ft.)
3 for Martina, 3 for Holly, 3 for Yehudith

GLADIOLUS Collection #191, $2 per pack of 10 corms (compare to $13.49 for 20 corms online at Home Depot),
(1) Antica', smoky red: 1 for me, 3 for Yehudith, 1 for Martina
(1) 'Her Majesty', blue-violet: 2 for me, 3 for Yehudith
(1) 'Jessica', pink/salmon: 2 for me, 3 for Yehudith
(1) 'Jester' yellow & red: 1 for me, 3 for Yehudith, 1 for Martina
(1) 'Bonnes Vacances' light pink brushed with rose: 2 for me, 3 for Yehudith
(1) 'Plum Tart' magenta-purple: 2 for me, 3 for Yehudith
(1) 'Rose Supreme' rosy pink & cream: 2 for me, 3 for Yehudith
(1) 'Green Star' lime green: 2 for me, 3 for Yehudith
. (doesn't fade to sickly yellow like other green glads)

(5) FILEPENDULA rubra 'Venusta' ("Meadowsweet") $1.25 each, including shipping
5 for me, 3 for my MIL, 5 for Aspen, 5 or 10 for Holly, 2 for Martina

TRADESCANTIA "Spiderwort" $1 each, including shipping to me
(10) 'Little Doll', compact form, lavender blooms
15 for me

also under consideration:

other colors of tall garden phlox, especially pinks (Eva Cullum, Pink Gown) & lavenders (Franz Schubert) -- post your favorites!

(25) Ligularia Prezwalski, 5 for $7, imagine its tall yellow bloom stalks and dark leaves with ferns, hostas, astilbes, etc

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Critter, I'll take 10 Tradescantia 'Little Doll'

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

sold! I'd have kept all of them if need be, as I think they'll be really nice along a pathway... but I'm hoping they'll multiply! I really like all the tradescantia... lovely when in bloom, and the grassy foliage looks fine to me otherwise.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Jill, I'm wondering if some of the Fruits and Vegetables are available as well as Perennials? I'd be interested in purple asparagus, blueberries (several varieties do well in containers!), other brambles and strawberries and purple potatoes.

Can you check price and availability on Top Hat Bloe Berry and Purple passion asparagus? Or a general cost per plant/quantity per pkg or min order? Thanks.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Just a reminder that North Creek has some very nice Hellebores that we can 'Reserve' now for pick up sometime after June 9, Catmint and I got to see a number of them yesterday. Those that ordered 'Candy Love' and Brandywine will be pleased!
http://www.northcreeknurseries.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/plants.kwsearchpost/variety/Helleborus/index.htm

And for those in a Phlox mood, we can still add Phlox 'Jeana' (mildew resistant)or 'Triple Play' (variegated foliage!) to our orders:
http://www.northcreeknurseries.com/plantName/Phlox-paniculata-Jeana

http://www.northcreeknurseries.com/plantName/Phlox-glaberrima-ssp-triflora-Triple-Play

Thumbnail by coleup Thumbnail by coleup Thumbnail by coleup
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

The fruits & veggies are gone for the season, I believe. Miller Nursery usually has good prices -- and quantity price breaks, also -- and nice starter plants.

If we can reserve hellebores now for fall pick-up, maybe somebody would be willing to organize a hellebore group buy for pickup at the fall swap? I think we're getting that Allegheny Spurge then also. But we're getting into needing a new thread for this topic, I think. ;-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.