Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Spring plants from ADR astilbe, phlox, more?, 1 by critterologist

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright critterologist

Subject: Spring plants from ADR astilbe, phlox, more?

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Spring plants from ADR  astilbe, phlox, more?
critterologist wrote:
Heya! I know we're already working on filling some flats from North Creek for distribution before or at our spring plant swap, but I wanted to see about adding some bare-root plants from ADR to the party.

Like our other group buys, this will be "at cost," and you'll need to pick up the plants at our May 31 swap or soon before/after from my place in Frederick. You might be able to make arrangements with somebody else to ferry plants to you or even to box them up and ship them, but I WILL NOT BE SHIPPING PLANTS.

Also, So let me stress that these plants are BARE ROOT. They will probably be breaking dormancy on arrival (they are stored cold/dormant but generally warm up during shipping), so it's important to get them in the ground or potted up ASAP.

I know people have mixed feelings about buying bare root, and I've had them fail simply because I ignored them for a month in the bag. Because of some physical issues, I can't offer to pot up plants in order to hold them. However, Aspenhill (Terri) and I are thinking of ordering them earlier this spring and having a "pot 'em up" party... if that interests you, please let me know. With this approach, we could offer potted plants at the swap (instead of bare root), possibly adding $1 per plant for potting mix, moisture crystals, and pots.

Please see next post for plants we're hoping to include and prices. Plants are at wholesale savings and must be purchased in multiples of 25. Order deadline is April 31 (bear in mind varieties could sell out sooner), and payment is due before plants ship.

We've dealt with ADR before for both bulbs and plants and have been very happy. They have gone out of their way to fix any errors and make sure we're delighted with our purchases. However the standard disclaimer applies -- I'm not a retailer, dealing in enough quantity and with enough markup to absorb losses. We are all taking a risk in any group purchase that plants, bulbs, or other products won't be satisfactory or delivered as promised, so in the unlikely event that their warehouse is sucked up by purple spotted aliens from Betelguese, you'll still be responsible for your share of the order. :-)

This message was edited Mar 9, 2014 10:36 PM