Morning Glories 2014 #02

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful white bloom!

Sorry to hear you lost some. Still time to plant more!

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Debra, Linda and Helena.
Deb, I think the last one is my mg that opens gray, coming up in the floor of the green house.
Pretty sure it turns pink the 2nd day. I can't remember the name right now.

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

New one open this morning. This is shibori flaked (light form) Sorry the pictures are so dark, Its just to bright outside.

This message was edited Mar 22, 2014 12:09 PM

Thumbnail by batflower Thumbnail by batflower

Nice blooms batflower

Very pretty. Love the pink specs.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

It is pretty.. you are doing fine with the pictures , too. ;)

Gautier, MS

Nice blooms.

Kind of cool here but Spring is on the way. I love when my roses start blooming and I was tempted with tropical plants. But first my mg vines are giving me a work out, in and out of gh each day after the sun warms up (about mid morning)! Had to delete other pictures, ridiculous that they come out upside down on this site, I had them right on my files.

This message was edited Mar 24, 2014 8:21 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

A lot of people have them come out upside down or sideways! wish DG would quilt messing around with the upgrades, or test them first.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Pretty Bat!

Still cool here too Helena, talking snow for tomorrow :(

Helena, wish you had not deleted any of your pics since they were right side up in your files.
Your MG"s look great!!!

Ronnie I saw the weather channel talking about snow
all up and down the East coast. Hope you don't get hit hard.
Everyone is sick of this long, cold winter.

I second that.. I am tired of covering up the giant oleanader with an ugly old brown sheet just cuz it is in the 20's. I think it will be a long rest of the month at this point.. Maybe, if we are all lucky, this March will go out like a lamb.

I just heard on the news that March will leave like an angry lion for the North East States. I hope they are wrong!

well, it got so cold so fast, the brown sheet is now covered with my wonder woman snuggly on top of it. Sheese! Poor oleander, I bet it thinks it is being punished or something.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I hope they are wrong too Linda but doesn't look good :(

I love Oleanders Debra. I hope yours makes it thru the rest of the winter.
Its somewhat hardy. Maybe it would come back from the roots if it freezes back??

It is in a huge tub, Jackie, and we are headed for the 70's by this weekend, so I am sure it will be okay, I just keep in on the front porch in a sheltered corner for now, but cover it up so it doesn't get frost bit.. havn't seen any frost yet, and I have bulbs about to bloom, so we will see. Mean while, down in the basement, I keep missing shots of the crazy stictocardia blooming, and had a keiru blooming, and the PPV, and a jaimie lynn, and some of Ronnies Purps.. so grateful to see the spent blooms, and the seed pods forming. How does that happen? Do you think the gnats pollinate them? Last saturday I had to completely move all the plants in that room ( charlies room) and my son moved everything from that room to the other end, and all the storage in his old rom now. makes sense, it was pretty cold in there, but I had to undo the clematis, the moonflowers, and the climbing clerodendrums in order to make that happen. hoping they all get going now, there is natural light in that south end, and so we will see.

Deb, I think any insect could be the pollinator so likely was the gnats.
Your plants will love the natural light on the South end.
Wonder what this little orange blooming succulent is, anyone recognize it?
My pink blooming Oxalis.
1 more of the succulent showing more of the stems

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

Nice blooms Jackie. Your little succulent is Lepismium monacanthum. Love the tiny orange flowers. :-)

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

This is a new bloom for me.

Thumbnail by shauna1219

Jackie, I love that little orange bloom! So pretty!

Shauna, yours is beautiful too! Love that pink!

Thanks Bat and Linda. Thanks also for the id Bat. Nice to
finally have a name. :-)
Indica last May

Thumbnail by patootie

awww gee, that is the cutest thing! ( the succulent bloom) and ofcourse I love all the glories. I never had the i indica to bloom for me here, but I am bound and determined to keep trying ;)

Debra, thanks. Seems like my indica bloomed for me after I gave it a bigger pot, with fresh
potting mix at the roots. Don't give up on yours. :-)

Happy Birthday Jackie! Hope you have a great day!

Thumbnail by taters55

Thanks Linda.

To our new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1354432

This message was edited Mar 26, 2014 2:06 PM

WHAT? iT IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?!!!!! happy happy BIRTHDAY!!!! HOPE IT WAS GREAT!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.