Morning Glories 2014 #02

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Ronnie. Our snow and ice has melted too and in the 60's here.
Feels great, should be in the 70's Mon and Tues.
So much water in the ground here I have to put on boots every time I go out
I'm going to buy bags of gravel to line my pathways with, at least out to
the horse pasture and dog yards and green house. Just hoping it will help..

Gautier, MS

Love your petunia Linda K. too

Your hige is so pretty Jackie and other gorgeous blooms.

Love the dahlias Debra cause my mom grew beautiful ones. So every year I keep trying to grow them too. I like that peppermint hige too. I buy those cheap roses too, just too tempting for me. I'm trying to grow a little of the purpureas, higes and nils this year too.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I just went and got a new pair of mud boots...what a mess :(
I was going to get some bales of straw just to throw around until it dries up...talking snow and cold again by the end of the week. Mother nature better make up her mind!!

Some purps from last year, always a place for them in my yard, even if they get out of hand!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

oh my goodness those are amazing! love the second one ,,, it rocks.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I agree, those are awesome!

Thanks Helena,

Ronnie you always have gorgeous purps!!!

Gautier, MS

Oh yes, I love your purps too Ronnie! So happy, got my 2 first hummingbirds of the season!

Helena, send us a pic when you can. We wont see our first hummer
until the end of March.

Gautier, MS

I will Jackie. I can't believe it but the bud on my mg is turning yellow showing sign that it might not mature and fall off. I think I'm going to take the vines to my gh and start them getting use to real sun. Not today it's gray and gloomy, rain on the way I think.

Helena, Sometimes my buds will do the same thing, at least this early in the yr. When the heat of summer gets here they don't tend to do it.
This will be our 2nd 70 degree day, how nice it is b4 going back into the 50's tomorrow.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I'm sure the vines will recover now that I place them in the gh. On warm days I will start placing them outside shaded area till they get use to sun. We had a bit of frost this morning but the sun is out and hopefully it'll warm up.
I took pictures of my hummer yesterday but when I tried to post here on the forum it ends up sideways so I didn't post. This morning took 2 pics with camera horizontally so the picture posts right. The hummer doesn't stay long enough on the feeder for me to get a better pic from inside the house.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love those little hummers!

Thanks for the pic Helena. I don't know what's up with the sideways pic. Every once in while, mine do that too.
DH is getting our feeders ready. :-) Won't be long now.

You guys are so lucky to get the hummers so early.. ours doesn't get here or show up until late May..
Jackies PPV is blooming away downstairs, wish I had a pic of it. So pretty.

Just tells me how much colder it is there in Kansas Debra.
Wish you could send us a pic of PPV. It is a beauty, reminds me of Pres Bush mg. :-)

last years PPV

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful blooms on PPV Debra. It never disappoints. :-)

Love that color Debra!

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

so beautiful!! What does PPV stand for?

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

So pretty Debra!

I think it stands for plum purple violet.. but I like plum pretty very instead :) Ronnie, I think I sent you some in my mix, or maybe I forgot to send you some mix>?

I always say Plum Purple Velvet but Plum Pretty suits it too. :-)

Fuji no Momo in 2011

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Jackie, That is such a pretty pink color! I really like it.

Raining heavy here right now. Hope it turns out sunny and warm the rest of the week. My mg's will be going outside just during the day.

Thanks Helena. I like no Momo too but it just did not make any sds for me. I may grow it again this summer and hand pollinate

August 8 2009 these were id to me as pink rambler ( 2nd pic) rebecca ( third pic) and morning mist

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Pretty blooms Debra.
We have a leaky roof so I'm pricing the new colored metal roofs.
Wish I had taken care of this in the fall when we had very little rain.

oh dear, Jackie.. i know that feeling.. we went thru 4 roofs so far, not metal, but shingles.. we spent about 1k on my great aunt effies roof a combo of metal and some kind of rubber sealant stuff that was a longgg time ago , tho.

Debra, I bet I don't end up with a metal roof, too pricey. Oh well, just as long as I get a new roof, shingles will have to be fine.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, hope you get your roof fixed too. Been through at least 2 roof fixes here.

Gorgeous blooms Debra.

went downstairs this am to see another couple of stictocardia blooms open. Gee, if only they would do that outside, they might get pollinated.
Helena, the seeds I planted from you are poped up fast and getting leaves and vining, so kacited.
Still from 2009 my first year on this thread..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Wow! Look at all the beautiful blooms!

Hope you can get a new roof soon!

Cville_Gardener has the chocolate swap.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1353570/

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Found this bloom open yesterday morning.

Thumbnail by shauna1219

Beautiful blooms Debra. Love the last one, Mauve Splash or Lav Saz. Hate it
when I get comfused

Great color on your bloom Shauna.

lovely bloom Shauna, oh I love the glorys.
Thanks Jackie, I think those last ones ere the mauve splash from Becky.. I think I might have a few more seeds, somewhere.. *sigh*

Debra, I always hold back some of my sds so I can grow it again another day. Now I have 2 different patterns going on from out of Becky's original sds.
I need to grow one or two of each this summer to see what I get.

From 2011

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

oh nice blooms, Jackie. love the blue spokes and the third one looks like it is made from chiffon. is that a choc silk in last pic?
Happy SPRING, Joe got his potatoes planted, and it is going to be 70 or so today and I have to work. Whaaaaa" ;(
oh well...

I agree, beautiful colors!

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Happy Spring!

I direct sowed a bunch of different MG seeds and this bloom opened this morning.

Thumbnail by shauna1219
Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Debra, Jackie, and Shauna!

I can't wait till mine bloom. Some of my seedlings are taking off but I lost quite a few when we had one of those real cold nights in the gh and I hadn't turned on the heat lamps.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.