Morning Glories 2014 #01

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

Love the carnea!! I have one, but its 3 inches tall right now, can't wait to see it bloom.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Debra.
BatFlower, my carnea looks awful right now in the g house. The bugs have
worked a number on it

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

Too bad about the bugs, but I bet it'll perk right up again when it goes back outside for the summer. I'm hoping mine will start growing faster when I put it outside :-) Is it a really slow grower? My seedlings are 3 months old and only have 4 leaves. I've only seen carnea's in photos but they're so stunning. Worth the trouble for sure.

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

Here is sp. kruger park from Aug. 2012 I think

Thumbnail by batflower
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

thats a wonderful morning glory, there, bat.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Pretty Bat and Jackie!
I must agree with Debra can't wait until August!!

A few from August 2013

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Anyone know what this is? It is growing in the corner of my yard!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

Bat, it will perk right up when I bring it outside for the summer. The rain washes all
the bugs off and my lvs get big and pretty again. Yours should take off growing too when it goes outside. Give it a bigger pot when it asks for one so it can reach its potential. Love your unusual bloom on your species mg.

Gorgeous blooms Ronnie. Every yr you always have something different and lovely blooming.
I love all of those blooms. Your 3rd bloom is a real beauty

Linda K I love that bloom but no clue as to its id. Blooming this early I wonder if its coming from a bulb?

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks Jackie I think the third bloom was from your chocolate cross. I loved it!

Pretty flower Linda but no idea what it is.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Linda,

That looks like Raphanus raphanistrum or "wild radish" to me. Definitely in the plant family Brassicaceae (broccoli, mustard, radish). Pretty blooms!

Enjoying all the MGs posted... Hope to have some of my own soon!
-Nick

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raphanus_raphanistrum

I think your right. Thanks.

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm glad to help!

I can't believe I'm typing this, but the mostly unwanted henbit and dandelions are looking really pretty in my neighborhood. Guess I'm "hungry" for blooms!

Thumbnail by nifty413

That is a beautiful blue morning glory!

oh can I swoon over the blue , Nick?
Ronnie you now I love the blue spokes and the purple center star and the water colored last one the best. ;)
most of these came from you all in previous swaps. Don'tknow why the carnea is sideways, don't get a creak in your neck!

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

A beautiful blue bloom Nick.

Lovely blooms Debra.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Nick I love that blue bloom!

Debra pretty blooms, I like the blotches on the first one!

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

That blue is so vibrant nick, very nice.

Debra, another beautiful carnea to make me drool. Beautiful blooms

Gautier, MS

I'm enjoying everybody's beautiful pictures!

From my garden bloom's on my cherry tree and first bud on newest set of mg's. I tried to post pictures but they came out sideways. Did retake pic of mg bud by turning camera horizontaly but not other.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Lovely blooms on your Cherry tree Helena and how nice to see a MG bud.!!!

Oh you lucky gal, Helena. I wish I could smell those blooms. The first sight of a bud on a glory excites the hope in us doesn't it?

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1351685

This message was edited Feb 27, 2014 3:24 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.