Morning Glories 2014 #01

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Those are beautiful Debra!

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

Hey guys, I haven't been on any plant forum for a few years, I moved from Ontario to PEI and it was such a hard move on my plants, I got really discouraged and pretty well stopped growing. Before leaving, I gave away all the plants that I figured I could replace easily, and everything that was too big to move smoothly. So, things like my large cacti, my 20 year old Ficus elastica, my spider plants and aloes etc..After re-homing all those, I was left with about 100 plants to bring. Out of those 100 maybe 50 survived the trip. As if that wasn't bad enough, I soon realized that no stores on the island sell plants. Even the Walmart and Lows don't have plant sections. So still, nearly 2 years after arriving here, I haven't been able to replace any of the plants I left behind. Not even the spider plant! Sooo discouraging. Starting this year I will be rebuilding though. Threw mail order, and hopefully trades. Anyways, to tide myself over until spring, I ordered and started a whole bunch of MGs. Its so nice to see flowers in the house again! Here are the first 2 to bloom Plum grey smoke, and Kniola's Black

Thumbnail by batflower Thumbnail by batflower
Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Found these three blooms open together. I love how they are from the same plant and yet 1 bloom is almost all white, while the other 2 are heavily speckled.

Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219

Glad you found us! So sorry about losing so many plants! Those morning glories are so pretty!

Shauna, those are beautiful!

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Very pretty blooms Batflower and Shauna.

Summer 2013

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I agree, Very pretty blooms Batflower and Shauna.
Jackie as always your eye candy is loved. what is the first one? I think I grew that last winter.

Jackie your blooms are beautiful. I like the last one.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms everyone!! Always good to see.

Will be nice to see the blooms will be getting Batflower.

Debra, I think the 1st one is the Purple Tie Dyefrom one of the lg tubs in my back yard
Linda, the last one is Fuji Shibori. I did not get any sds but have you down for sds as soon as I
can harvest a few. Smewhere I think I have blue sds and possibly rose to purple colored sds. Just have
to find them.

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

Love the Fuji Shibori! Beautiful blooms all around

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Pretty Shauna I love that one!

Batflower are you growing under lights inside? Nice shots!

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

I have some growing under T5s but mostly, they're just filling all the south facing windows. Another plum gray smoke opened today. I'm really pleased with that one, sooo free blooming.

Do you grow bat flowers?

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

Sure do :-)

Are they easy to grow?

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

They're kinda temperamental. They like high humidity and low light and are picky about watering. On the bright side, they're tuberous and so long as you don't overwater, if they're unhappy, they just go dormant.

I know I'd kill a batflower.. I over water a lot. I love my t5's they keep my plants going all winter. I can't wait to see your blooms again Helena, always outstanding. Sticto is still blooming!

Thanks batflower.
Looking forward to the blooms from your new seedlings Helena.

We have a bird house swap open, if anyone is interested.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1349395/

Gautier, MS

A sign of Spring! I have lots of mg's seedlings started already. Maybe my other mg vines will start making buds, I watered them with bloom booster already too!

This message was edited Feb 18, 2014 11:22 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful sign of spring!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.

How nice to see the lovely Daffodil Helena. The long winter has been so cold, hard to believe its time for Spring bulbs.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Pretty little white bloom, with the tiniest hints of purple.

Thumbnail by shauna1219

Helena that is lovely and certainly a breath of Spring fresh air. Thanks.
Shauna that is beautiful. I had a string of purple purps blooming this am along the grow light, they are so pretty.
Almost 70 today, and I had to work.. can I whine?

Very pretty Shauna.
#1, 2 and 4 are from Debs Patio Mix 2013

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Nice Jackie, the first one is great!

Thanks ladies.

Thanks for showing those, Jackie, I had forgotten what we had around here ..
Gotta get a pic of the purps downstairs in the morning, so pretty.

Debra, my favorite was the lovely pink bloom from your seeds. I managed to gather a
few seeds from this lovely bloom.

Thumbnail by patootie

It's a winner for sure.. can't wait till August. ;0

Debra, what's up in Aug, your vacation??

oh no, just lots of glorys blooming then.. you know how August is, right?

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1351309/

Kathy has the wind chime swap open, come and check it out!

Yes I know, most of mine bloom then too. :-)

Your 1st bloom reminds me of the Purple No Mai that bloomed pink most of the time, very pretty whether in pink or purple.

pretty sure that one was from you last year, Jackie..let us see sme others from August 2013?

A few from last Aug ;-)

no Sora cross
Purp TD
carnea
prettiest shibori pic
no Beni

Jackie, that no sora cross is a real beauty. Come on Helena , Ronnie and all, lets see some August pics.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.