Fruity's Fourth NOW Swap, Now We Receive

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Fruity, I have gone out to the websites you suggested on the Rice and cowpeas and even tho I am sick they sounded amazing. I have never eaten 'real' red beans and rice but love it from popeyes chicken and this on the websites sounds so darn good! I think I am going to make it this week or weekend. DH loves shrimp and I found a great shrimp recipes on that site also.

I always love this swap it is so much fun to get things you have never tried or seen. It gives me faith we have not become homogenized Walmart's all across the country.

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Slight variation on the package arrival. It made it to the PO, but not until Saturday evening. Joy at least knows that I had one wrapped! Should get there Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. Hopefully there's enough padding!

Joyce, we used to have a place not far from where I grew up called Jacob Early candies. So good, but we still always got Russell Stover for Valentines. :) Mallow cups.. OH YUM. I remember those. They were my grandfather's absolute favorite!

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

It's a great box, Carey had to drag it away from me! I also talked to our last giver and was told her box is going out in the morning. Whoop!

Ocean Springs, MS

YAY! More boxes flying around! Hope one lands on my doorstep! ♥

(Zone 7a)

When I received my wonderful box from Roxxanne...my pictures were upside down. I said I would re-post :-) I got them flipped!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=9699793

Thanks Again

Thumbnail by Kim_M Thumbnail by Kim_M Thumbnail by Kim_M Thumbnail by Kim_M Thumbnail by Kim_M
Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

The Mayhaw jelly I got in my box from froggie was so fantastic, I found some online and ordered 3 jars! I think I will make a pecan pie for Thanksgiving with the cane syrup. YUMM!!

Ocean Springs, MS

AH! Thanks, Roxxanne! I just might use some cane syrup in my pecan pie! :)

And, Kim, I so want those chocolates!!!!!!!!!!!

So the PO says my box is out for delivery.... :D

Ocean Springs, MS

And Carey, it landed right on my doorstep! YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for the excellent choice of gifts!
1. A box of Longhorn's Dark Chocolate Pecan Caramel Candies (YUMMY!)
2. Fall Creek Wine (saving it for a special time)
3. Bottle of Texas tea made with local honey
4. Salt Lick BBQ Sauce (been wanting to make some ribs)
5. Texas Longhorn Koozie
6. Fara French Roast Coffee (always need coffee :) )
7. New Canaans Farm Sangria Cactus Jelly (can't wait to try this!)
8. Oxalis Bulbs (native to Texas... planting them in a pot for now)
9. Nag Chanpa Natural Soap ( I love special soaps!!!!!!!!!! Gonna use it tonight!)

Carey, I love everything! You are so thoughtful and generous! Gonna get into those chocolates later tonight! MMMMMMMM!!!!!!!! ♥

Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl

Awww Julie I'm so glad you like it all! And, ALL but the koozie are made in central Texas (I wasn't sure how someone so close to Ole Miss would feel about a Longhorns koozie, but... ;)) The SoAP is great stuff. Not sure if the one I sent you has it, but the label used to say, "Strong enough for a dirty hippy but gentle enough for a boardroom exec" or something to that effect. :)

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Wow! What a great box of goodies!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hmmm did Rouxcrew post photo's of her box?

Ocean Springs, MS

OMG! Those Longhorn Chocolates are the best I've ever tasted! Ate just one last night, but I wanted to eat one after another. Might just have to find a website that has them and order some!

The koozie is fine. Actually, I'm not a Mississippi college football fan... LSU, baby! LOL

tried the jelly and love the sangria! Yummy!

I did use the soap and I could not believe how soft it made my hands feel! Loved it!

Thank you again, Carey! ♥

Yay!!! The maker of those lovely candies is Lammes. https://lammes.com/ (you're welcome. teehee!)

Speaking of chocolates, the Russel Stovers are all gone. MMMmmm...

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

rofl...on the soap too funny about the saying....so we are all chocolate addicts... ;)
That is a great box. Cactus jelly sounds interesting. There are lots of fun foods we never get to try.

Ocean Springs, MS

Thanks for the link, Carey. Hope classes are going well. Hang in there! I went to college at 24 with 2 children, a household to run, a part-time job, and a husband who did nothing! My days started at 5:00 am and sometimes I didn't get to bed until after midnight! But I made it and graduated with Special High Honors 4.0 GPA! You can do it! ♥

Wow Julie you were much more determined than me I think! Although, I have a husband and two kids wrapped into one person! (and four big hairy dogs, but they're my homework buddies)

Joyce, last year in my biology class we had a "native plants" holiday meal - I took in Joy's delicious mustang grape jelly and some locally made bread, and one of my classmates brought in prickly pear cactus pie. It was fluorescent pink filling and sweet and tart. It didn't hold together well (he said he had a hard time getting all the seeds out) but that was one of the tastiest pies I've eaten in a long time.

I have tried to post this blasted picture of my box from Betty, and not been successful, so I finally made a few modifications and hopefully it will post now.

She sent me maple syrup, maple candies, maple caramels, a lovely bar of handcrafted soap, a stone dream catcher necklace and a very fancy Betty made Christmas towel.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

Love your box of goodies Joy. That towel is so cute.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hope you enjoyed..wanted to keep the necklace for "ME" local indian tribe makes them, perhaps another trip is in the offing

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Nice Box!!

Love it all! Betty your gifts are so beautiful. Although I have to ask, where's the poutine? :)

Victoria Harbour, ON

ooops, ate it!

Ocean Springs, MS

Joy, what a great box!

Careyana, I was determined! I kept thinking, "This is my only chance and I have to make it count!" However, it took me 6 years to get my masters! A lot of life circumstances slowed it down, but I did it!

I got my box from Alicia. Thanks so much for all the goodies you sent.
She sent a jar of her homemade strawberry applesauce, a jar of kream mustard and a jar of cherry salsa. Can't wait to taste what you sent. I also got two beautiful handmade cards from her, as well as a Michigan Magazine, and the cutest Michigan Spartan.
Thanks again for all you sent!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

Woo Hoo! Glad you got your box.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.