Fruity's Fourth NOW Swap, Now We Receive

Victoria Harbour, ON

Here I am, better late than never right?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my 'from your neck of the woods' swap partner was LindaKay and did I get spoilt!

Finally home from Florida and thought it was time I posted photo's

Table cloth and 2 Texas desgined mugs

beautiful charm bracelet with charms of Texas

Texas charm pin, bookmarker, hand made piece shaped into Texas state design

Didn't take home the key chain LindaKay sent, Texas design, put my keys for the house/pool on it

Post cards and a dictionary on how to speak in Texan lingo lol
AND, AND
a beautiful hand made apron, desgined to look like the state of Texas..reversible..just love it!

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Did I get spoilt or what!!!

LindaKay, thank you for your efforts in making this swap special to me

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Just a few memento's from Texas. Hope the apron fits? If not I know you can fix it.

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Kim! I love everything! Hersey's Cocoa, HUGE Hershey's Bar, Blackstrap Molasses, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Apple Butter, TastyKake, a Pennsylvania coffee mug, & a really cute apron. Should I be ashamed to say that I've never had Blackstrap Molasses, Balsamic Vinaigrette, or Tastykake?

Thank you!

Thumbnail by legallyheidi Thumbnail by legallyheidi
Victoria Harbour, ON

it will be hung with the other aprons/t-towels I received in swaps out in the cafe, they look lovely there

(Zone 7a)

Glad you liked your box :-) Well tastykakes are a Pennsylvania treat...Been around since very early 1900's. So probably not sold down south or west. But hope you like them. My kids and husband sure do...lol. I ate them when I was little :-) Hope your Huge Hershey bar wasnt broken..

This message was edited Nov 4, 2013 3:46 PM

Heidi that is a wonderful box of goodies you got from Kim.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Seems we are all getting special boxes..love yours as well Heidi

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

We have Tastykakes in Alabama, at least in Kroger, but then, maybe that explains it.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

My box has flown! All 18 pounds...lol

Ocean Springs, MS

MMMMM! Tastycakes! Got some from Jersey a couple of years ago and my friend from Jersey used to mail boxes of them to me. They are now sold in our local stores. YUMMY!

I been waitin' on the mailman but no box yet! BUT, I know it will be worth the wait!

Love your pressies, Betty! Beautiful

(Zone 7a)

Wow! Tastykakes have branched out to further states. They have a new owner so maybe new stores further south now too :-)

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Awesome boxes guys! Mine wandered in the door today from Betty. Thanks so much for everything! She sent me maple syrup, maple candies, maple caramels, a lovely bar of handcrafted soap, a stone dream catcher necklace and a very fancy Betty made Christmas towel. I will get a picture in the morning, I am still trying to get caught up from all my traveling.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love it!

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

I've seen the candy bar ones here, but they're about $5 a box so I've never purchased. Hopefully we'll get more of a variety soon!

Cutlerville, MI

WOW! Dragons sent me an amazing box from Iowa! Yummy homemade caramels (my hubby's favorite), rhubarb-berry jam, BBQ sauce, a handmade basket, a beautiful ladybug necklace, a IOWA scented heat pack, and a Iowa outdoors magazine. Once again I was spoiled rotten! I love them all Dragonfly! Soooooo much! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

Cutlerville, MI

Sorry, here are the pics! And a YUMMY sounding dip mix and honey too!

Thumbnail by ahoogstra Thumbnail by ahoogstra

What does Iowa smell like? "a IOWA scented heat pack"

LOL, I couldn't resist.

Great box! Mine went out yesterday. I couldn't fit everything in so I ate a few things, it still wouldn't fit, so I ate a few more. Sorry buddy but trust me, they were good!

Joy

Thst is an awesome basket she sent you. Love that necklace.

Ocean Springs, MS

That necklace is beautiful! Great box!

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I have not mailed yet. Midterms and extra exams have kept me uber busy. I CANNOT wait for this semester to be over! Yuck.

I promise PROMISE it will be mailed this weekend. Friday will be the day!

Ocean Springs, MS

FYI: Christmas Swap is now open! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1340729/

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Wahoo Tooty Fruity, boy did I receive a BIG BAD BOX! Thing must of weighed a ton! It was packed to the hilt! I don't know how you got so much in there and drum roll please.....everything arrived safe and sound!!! LOL

This northern gal got:
1. A wonderful bag of Carolina cow peas, ahhh now someone is going to have to tell me what to do with them...rofl, I did say I was a northern gal right? I have never even heard of these until you all were talking about them...now I get to try them.
2. A wonderful bag of Carolina gold rice
3. Sauces - one for everyone to enjoy BBQ and one for me to enjoy WINE I am not sharing.... YES.
4. Spreads - I am so lucky Fruitys homemade Peach Jam and Dijon mustard, I love her Peach Jam. Then there is Apple butter and damson plum (the house I grew up in had a damson plum tree in it, this jam will take me back to less stressful days!
5. Last but not least, some wonderful cheese and a spreader.
Thank you sooo much fruity I love all the things I know...rofl, cowpeas will be decided on later...rofl.
5. Virginia nuts and they are amazing! I have never eaten peanuts this good!
Thank you sooo much I love it all (well have to hold an opinion on cowpeas...rofl) Love it.

Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden

Oklay have two more pics. Here is the box before I got everything out, talk about packing perfection, except that long tube I like to never got the bottle out and that was an important bottle...rofl. Next is a pic of everything together, a great great package.

Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden
(Zone 7a)

YUMMY..... What a great box!

Victoria Harbour, ON

That is quite a box, can you see smilling!

Goodness! That is one packed box. Nice job Fruity.

DH was wondering if someone was sending me gold bricks or rocks the box weighed sooo much. It is wonderful and the peanuts are the best I have ever eaten and they are huge compared to what I typically buy. So much glass and not a ding any where, just hope the box I sent arrives as well. I do not know how she got that wine in that long tube cause I had to cut the tube off the wine...rofl. Didn't have one piece of any kind of bread in the house to eat any of my spreads! ;( So tonight on to the store. Great great box.

Great box! I will definitely steal the tube idea Sooz, if I can figure out how to get a bottle in one.
Lots of boxes flying around, everyone be patient, yours will be arriving soon!

Joy

PS I have got the pics of my box, just need to upload them. Good thing too, the candy is almost all gone.

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

Alicia, glad you like everything I found for you and that it all arrived in one piece. The little basket was made by a 12 yr. old Amish girl :)

AND - I got MY box today too!! Yay! I was lucky enough to get our hostess Joy for my buddy - and boy did she send me some good stuff! Everything was packed perfectly and even though there were 4 glass jars, NOTHING was broken!

Here's what I received:

1. Jalapenos from her garden - Darrell's already eyeballing those!
2. A big bag of rice grown in her area - I love rice :)
3. Brianna's Home style Chipotle Cheddar dressing - can't wait to try this!
4. Stubb's "sweet heat" BBQ - YUM!
5. Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper Salsa - I'm going to try it - a speck on a big cracker!!
6. A bar of her very own goat soap
7.A TX A&M bag and a can koozie from the same!
8. The funniest kitchen magnet that talks about a Texas SUV (Longhorn cow) Love it!
9 And last, but not least - Bacon Jam! That's right - bacon.. in jam.. says it's good on burgers, etc, so that's probably what we'll start it on :)

Joy, thank you so much!! What a great box of good stuff :) Can't wait to try it all! I grew up in TX and love spicy things and you sure delivered!

Speaking of TX - we'll be in Houston tomorrow night visiting my son and daughter in law for the 3 day weekend. Yee Haw!!

Thumbnail by Dragonflys4me Thumbnail by Dragonflys4me

I am so glad everything made it in one piece, I always worry. The rice Chris actually is grown by farmer friends of ours, I am so proud to know someone who has their product on store shelves. Same with the Brianna's. It was so difficult to pick a flavor, they are all so good.
I want a report on the ghost pepper sauce, I was too chicken to try it myself, LOL.
Dave (DH) loves the bacon jam, of course he loves anything with bacon, that was his input on the box. That and he wanted me to send you some of the cheese I make. I thought the soap would be better with warm weather shipping.

Hope you enjoy everything,

Joy

Great box of goodies Chris!

I got my box yesterday from my swapmate - Joyce!!! You hit all the right flavors for me! :)

1. Pretty pretty hand-made bud vase. I couldn't help but us it. :)
2. "Air-roasted" coffee. Can't wait to make a cup!
3. Chocolate. More chocolate. Did I mention Chocolate? YUM.
4. Beautiful pen covered in morning glory blooms.
5. A wooden ruler/garden stick - which for me is perfect, since I never get the spacing right!
6. What I assume is a pincushion? I put a bunch of pins in it so it is now. lol!
7. A pretty card which is now hanging on my refrigerator.

Thank you Joyce! I'd never heard of a "Cherry Mash" before, but I sure hope those are patented! Mmmmmm...

Alrighty, I'm a girl on a mission today! Check back in later.

Victoria Harbour, ON

There will be some cooking going on by these gals come weekend!
great box Joyce

Where are the pictures Carey? Sounds like a great box.

D'oh! Thanks LK! I forgot to attach them!

Thumbnail by careyana Thumbnail by careyana
Victoria Harbour, ON

Believe when looking at the list of 'received' that my swap partner received hers!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Nice box, Carey. But I am afraid a mistake was made. joyce meant those Cherry Mashs for me!!! They are so good! And did I tell everyone they can be found at Hobby Lobby. at least the bigger ones. I believe Joyce said the smaller ones were better...or do I have that backwards?

Crystal, I LOOOOVE sweets, and those Cherry Mashes are perfect for a sugar rush! lol I'll have to eat one on my way to Joy's tomorrow morning. :)

DH at the peanut butter one as a snack this morning but left me have a bite. MMmmm, I do love Russel Stover chocolates!

I just want to note that my box is all wrapped up with a shipping label, but I didn't get to the PO on time so I'll drop it off tomorrow morning. Arrival should be Tuesday!

Carey glad you like the box. And glad everything made it one piece. I love bud vases and down stairs in the building I work at is an art gallery and a clay studio. Those artist make some of the most beautiful stuff, but most of it I can not afford...rofl.

Yes Kansas City is known for Russell Stover's yeah I don't think you can beat their chocolate and the Cherry Mash factory just north of where I live. Not many people know about Cherry Mash. I like the bigger ones better, more chocolate and kind of off sets the sweetest. It was one of my Moms favorite candies. Anyone remember Mallow Cups? They use to be right next door to where I worked...rofl.

Ocean Springs, MS

WOW! Those are some great looking boxes of pressies! Can't wait to get my box! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.