Fruity's Fourth NOW Swap, Now We Receive

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1334943/

We will patiently, ok not so patiently, wait to receive our packages from far away lands. And we will post our brags here so everyone can Ooooooo and Ahhhhhhh.

Taters55 (Linda Kay)
)froggies_girl (Julie)

Dragonflys4me (Chris) received from rouxcrew
ahoogstra (Alicia) received from Dragonflys4me
Careyana (Carey) received from happgarden
goldhillal (Crystal) received from legallyheidi
roxxanne - received from froggys girl
FruitOfTheVine (Sooz) received from goldhillal
Bettypauze (Betty) received from taters55
rouxcrew (Joy) received from Bettypauze
Kim_M (Kim) received from roxxanne
legallyheidi (Heidi) received from Kim_M
happgarden (Joyce) received from FruitoftheVine

This message was edited Nov 9, 2013 8:13 AM

Thumbnail by rouxcrew
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

No likes or dislikes other than liver! :)
Tshirt size is 1X.
Purple is my favorite color!

This message was edited Oct 11, 2013 9:39 AM

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

T-Shirt size XL
Lavender is favorite fragrance, do not care for pumpkin or melon smells or cucumber.
Like food items, but do not like anything the least bit hot (pepper) (No liver, either!)
Not allergic
Love all kinds of plants
Hand crafted is wonderful, but not necessary.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Just a couple of dislikes:
honey syrup
sorgum
candles (I would burn the house down and dh has allergies so it works for us)
coffee.
That is really it, game for anything else....well what a minute maybe knowing you all I need to restate this!!

This message was edited Oct 17, 2013 12:55 PM

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

This is posted on the other thread, but in case my gifter misses it there: Not a fan of hot foods, kale, or seaweed/fishy stuff. Shirt size 3x. Favorite color is green.

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

I'm easy, anything makes me happy. Tshirt size XL. I am vegetarian, if that matters.

BTW, for all our new participants, you don't HAVE to send a Tshirt, but it just makes it easier if someone wants to.
I have found so many things that we produce around here since we started this swap. I know one year it seemed like every box included local honey, another had local wines. I know what the PO says.... It is such fun to see what people get.

We already have a box in the wind, guess I need to get busy.

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

I've looked, but I haven't bought. I'm headed to a local-made shop this week, so hopefully my package will ship soon after.

(Zone 7a)

No Likes or a list of dislikes for me ...except I do not like dark chocolate :-)

All else should be fine! Ummm Linda Kay....I don't like liver either...LOL!

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

Wow - got a stupid virus on my laptop - they had to wipe it clean and I lost over 1000 pics that I had on here :( Sigh - what a week.

Anyway, I like most everything - love candles with vanilla or rose scents, dark choc, hot and spicy foods, pickles, and so on.

I don't like wine - love lime margaritas :)

I've gotten a few things for my buddy, but will finish shopping this weekend and get the box ready for shipping next week.

Ocean Springs, MS

This was posted on the sign-up thread, but here it is again:

Please no hot sauce, hot spices or hot seasonings! No candles!

Love jellies/jams/preserves (apple, strawberry, grape, peach, apricot), homemade fruit or nut toppings, tshirts (size large), anything fleur de lis, coffee (no flavored-just plain dark roast), cocoas, dark chocolates, soup mixes, soaps, lotions, garden art, plants that will grow in zone 8b/9a, morning glory seeds, collect old pitchers, plant hangers, bird feeders, and/or anything else you think might be perfect for me!

I have had people send me wine before without any problem! I prefer sweet, fruity wines! :)

thanks

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Evening everyone,

Chris, OMG I know you are devastated losing your precious photos! Go install Dropbox on all your devices. Doing so will save you a lot of grief later.

Wow, am I the first to receive?! What a great way to jump start the rest of everyone else’s boxes to come. Hang on buddy, I’m still working on yours.

Mine came from my friend, Crystal, on Tuesday. We had just returned home from another follow-up visit to hub’s ENT dr who performed his ear surgery on October 4th. It was a long day and finding the big box on our front porch was such a lift. I apologize for not posting before now. Most days I hardly see another soul. Neighbors have started coming out of the woodwork to visit since it's cooler and most of their gardens have been put to bed. So here we go with my awesome Alabama goodies…..

Bama Chunky Peanut Butter and Bama Strawberry Jam – hubs has already claimed both jars.

Bama Corn Relish – This Southern classic my late Mother used to make and is especially tasty topped on sauted greens and beans.

Dale’s BBQ sauce – I know from previous experience this is good stuff and never realized it’s a Bama product.

Ground Cherry preserves Crystal made, not too sweet like I generally like preserves to be. I had to ask Crystal to educate me about these. They do have sort of a tomatillo look and taste. Will try this on burgers, and chicken or pork as a marinade. We like breakfast burritos too and think a spoonful on each one would add a little zing.

Pear Honey preserves Crystal also made. Two of my favorite combinations in a one jar…..what could be better?

Several bite size Heath bars. I haven’t tasted a Heath Bar for a long time and will savor these.

Two West Point Pepperell dish towels with evergreen trees and Moose, or is it Moosies. Thought that was a clever twist on Neck of the Woods :-)

And last but not least, a current issue of Fine Gardening Magazine and a card with a thoughtful hand-written note.

Thank you so much, Crystal. We will enjoy everything you shared. Your packing job was superb and still can’t believe how much you were able to include. All much appreciated!

Wonder who will be next?

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Nice box of goodies Fruity, excellent way to start of the delivery process!

(Zone 7a)

Very Nice box of goodies and eats

Awesome box of goodies, Fruity. Good job Crystal. I admit I am still looking for things. Can't wait to see who's next.

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm not seeing my person's address on the database :(

It was there but I sent you a dmail with it.

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks, when I tried to access it on my tablet it kept saying that there wasn't anyone with the username.

Wow fruit that was fastest received box ever....rofl. Crystal had it jammed back....no play on words...LOL

Cutlerville, MI

I am so excited shopping is so much fun for this swap! (cooking too:) I love this swap!

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

Don't feel bad, Joy - I'm still looking too!! Hard to know what to get my buddy :)

(Zone 7a)

Chris...whatever you get will.be appreciated. Get whatever is common for your State or Town. Maybe you have a local candy store, bakery, or something commonly found in IA...every time I travel I am amazazed at the difference in foods and other things I find. Like if you come to Philly you cna get a cheesesteak on just about any corner (common for me). Also Hershey is here in PA and known for chocolate...And in South philly at the Italian market they have gourmet olive oils and vinegars. The list goes on snd on...anything from your town will be great!

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

Kim, I was in Hershery last month for a conference. We went a day early so we could go to the factory. It was really cool! We did the chocolate tasting class, it was fun!

Victoria Harbour, ON

When I took the 4 grandsons to Washington DC. Re our annual get away a few years back we went to Hershey, they worked in the chocolate line, sure thought it was something, to come out with chocolates and their employee badge..Heshey sure know how to tap into the pockets of parents/grandparents. Lol

Am hoping my box will be ready to take state side Friday..trying my best!

(Zone 7a)

LOL @ Betty!
Roxxanne....I am addicted to that chocolate. I eat at least 2 bars a week..that's probably bad huh?

Ocean Springs, MS

Yummy box, Fruity! Love it! I'm mailing my box out this afternoon, so hopefully my buddy will get it by the end of the week! ♥

Excellent. I am heading to CA tonight for a herding seminar and will be in and out of pocket for about a week. Sorry buddy your package will have to wait till I get back. Dave will be at the farm if my package arrives but I am not going to let him get involved with any sending since his idea of local isn't, well let's just say none of us would appreciate it. LOL

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Mine was just ordered...I've come to find that after a few weeks of searching my little town stinks when it comes to local/unique things, lol! Luckily they were online :)

Evening everyone!

Knock 'em dead, Joy, and enjoy your time out West. I'm so jealous.

We're in the same boat, Heidi, living in the boonies. I'm still gathering but it's slow go and ordered a few things last night.

Crystal, have to tell you I made homemade chicken salad for lunch yesterday, rolled up in burritos with a spoonful of your Ground Cherry preserves on the side. I have changed my mind about how it tastes. It is very close to FIG preserves which we both love. I miss picking and eating Brown Turkey figs my parents grew, so your preserves were like a taste from home :)

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Ah! Our little local store had the same southern things as Walmart, lol! Bama condiments, Duke's Mayo...I though, "Seriously?" Yup, the boonies!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Heidi- Got the great box you sent! I love it! peanuts, grits, choco peanuts and praline pecans-a can't miss combo! I just got back from Florida and I guess am still a little spacey, because it took me awhile to figure this out, since it didn't have your DG name on there, just your real name. It is a great box (I already cut into the choco peanuts), and thank you sooo much. Lovely surprise!
The town name Enigma just added to the surprise.

Thumbnail by goldhillal

What a great box of goodies.

Victoria Harbour, ON

mouth watering..pass the nuts please!

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Ah! Holy wow, that was fast! I've had some of their goodies before, and they are yummy :) Some of Georgia's finest. Enjoy, Crystal!

(Zone 7a)

What a great box....I Loveeee Grits! Ha ha...and peanuts

Ocean Springs, MS

Gotta love that box! Can't go wrong with chocolate, peanuts and grits!

I mailed my box Tuesday, so I hope my buddy gets it soon!

Now we're talking, what great deep South goodies.....yum!

Well I am a northern gal cause when I lived in North Carolina I could never get use to grits, course I only had them in restaurants and maybe that was the problem. Course could be I wasn't eating them right either being a newbie, I have since then that people eat them with all kinds of stuff on them.

Guys I am running a tad behind, life is trying to interrupt my schedule. I am trying to desperately not to be late, this weekend will tell me...

My box is going out today!

Ocean Springs, MS

Grits has always been a staple in our home (of course, I'm a Southern gal). Had a friend in high school from Maine who had never heard of grits. She loved them! Now she works at Denny's and says she has seen enough grits to last the rest of her life! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.