Morning Glories 2013 #10

Gautier, MS

Beautiful, love your blooms Jackie!

I had 2 blooms on DFNM today and a couple of blooms on the wild light one but the leaves on that one look bad I'm not going to post them. Spider mights are starting up again.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Helena, I love your DFNM blooms. I hope mine makes a few sds. :-).

Pink TD
Pink George Strait
Dany's #2
Tai aki
Dany;s # 10 in a small cup

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Norfolk, VA

-Dany, nice reddish-brown tones on yours

-My blueberry swirl/tie-dye lavender is fixing ti go to seed. Hopefully it comes true to the parent next year.

-lovely blooms everyone else

Thumbnail by MGMan

A lovely bloom Tony.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I love your blooms too. They are all gorgeous.

Thanks Tony. Your lavender blooms are really nice too.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Morning everyone! Love all the blooms posted!

Thanks Helena and Linda.

Blue Saz not looking much like a Saz at all. This is the 1st bloom
so hoping they get better.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty color on your bloom Jackie. Could it be a cross? A bit of Fuji in it maybe?

Thanks Helena, Could be I guess. It might have come out of the Striped Saz seeds.
Been so long since I've seen its pic, can't remember what it looked like.

Fuji no Sora cross, enjoyed this one a lot this summer.

Thumbnail by patootie

Love those colors.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Pretty Jackie I like the Fuji cross!

Thanks Linda and Ronnie. I hand pollinated a bunch of the cross blooms so hoping it makes lots of seeds. :-)

Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Eve4ryone has some beautys here.. Love the 7 rayed u showed Helena, and LK your blooms are pretty and glad you can get them before winter.
Jackie as always your blooms amaze me.
Dany and Tony always have the largest flowers, and such beauty in the colors.
Came home to a lot of pods of flowers I missed taking pics of, found worms in a alot of the dried pods of my i nils, they looked like little grubby maggot type worms, YUK
wild mg in buffalo..purps, from my seeds at SIL in buffalo, the package called it shiva, a weird cactus in MIL's house, some cool weeds in Buffalo.. of to work!
Oh, my carrion has not bloomed. but my plumeria finally did.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful pictures Debra. How was your trip?

Enjoyed your pics Debra.

Pres Bush yesterday
Blue Saz not, looks like pale Choc Silk
Tai aki

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

All beautiful blooms Jackie and Debra.

Glad your back Debra. We all missed you and your blooms.

Jackie, I'm enjoying your pretty blooms too.

I had this nice speckled bloom yesterday but couldn't download it until a few minutes ago. A salvia Mexicana for my hummers, good activity from them. I had a nice pink speckled bloom today but still waiting for it to download.

love your salvia, helena, or sage, I have that too, but it hasn't bloomed. everything is weird this year, my goji berry is just now blooming? The speckles are really pretty too.

Jackie, I don't know hwo you keep th names straight, but they are always a joy for me to see.
Love the pres bush..
1. have no clue now, tag is faded, any ideas? 2. again, no idea..3. darker than the pic shows..
messina creeper? and again, have no clue..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks Helena and Debra.
Helena, your blue speckled is a beauty. Somewhere I have sds for that one.
Love your Salvia.
Debra, your 1st bloom looks somewhat like my Purple no Mai. You remember planting one?
#4 does look like messina creeper.

Edited to say that I can't tell if # 5 is the same as #1

This message was edited Sep 17, 2013 1:45 PM

Morning everyone. Love all your blooms. It is raining here this morning so I don't know what is blooming here.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra, Jackie and Linda. That salvia Debra is one of the late blooming salvia Mexicana's. Good for migrating hummers if it blooms in late Aug. and Sept.

Pretty blooms Debra. I'm not keeping up with mg's names much either, there so many crosses that make it hard.

Here's the pink one from yesterday though it could have been a purple that maybe was changing colors.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, looks like the blue speckles from yesterday changing colors. Still pretty in pink.

PPV and Blue Silk

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, you are probably right.

Love your gorgeous blooms. Envious of your healthy leaves & vines.

Here's 2 pics of my hummers challenging each other to the feeder. Of coarse you better have your glasses to see them. They would fly all the way to the ceiling and chase each other. Such bullies!

Beautiful blooms everyone. Love those hummingbirds.

so glad u have rain , Linda.. that is awsome, it rained here too last night, 3/4 inch yippee!! I now have three full rain barrells. The moonvine flowers are everywhere and open, along with the night blooming jessimine, 4 o clocks, moon flowers it is an awsome full moon to sit and smell.
Love that hummer shot, they are so cute. I found a speckled bloom as I was leaving for work, but didn't get to take a pic, Helena, I hope it is as pretty as yours is.

Jackie, that blue silk is gorgeous, I know I had some growing last month, have to find the tags and hope for some seeds there.. glad we take pictures, it helps me locate things at times when I go thru the pics. lots of purps.

Nice blooms Debra!

Thanks everyone. Helena, I wish the male hummers weren't quite so territorial. Even
when we hide one feeder around the corner,
the older male tries to guard both of them.
Lovely blooms Debra. I really like the Carnival of Venice blooms. Pretty purps too
and showy little red trumpet blooms.
I hope I get a lot of Blue Silk seeds so I can share.

My pretty BMN bloom today.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. I have no blooms today. See buds on a few new vines but inch worms and spider mites are doing a number on the leaves. I almost feel like giving up. I sprayed them this morning until I ran out of the bug spray so I'll need to take the water hose and spray wash them all.

Pretty blooms Debra and Jackie. Glad your sharing your pics with us.

Jackie, that BMN is gorgeous. I am pretty sure I have that one up and vining from you. Helena, I have a BK blooming from you, will post pics tonite.

Thanks Helena and Debra.
Helena, the bugs are working a number on my lvs too. I should have kept up
with the systemic, it keeps on working long after the sprays have quit. I just get so
busy, I don't get out there and re-apply the systemic or spray every 2 weeks like I need to.
This bloom from Debra's patio mix. I wonder if it might be Berry Ice? I've got sds
of but haven't grown that one.Or maybe its Xiongs?? I love the color, thank you
Debra. Another shot, the bloom so big, it couldn't hold itself open.

Gray Fog
Carrion flower
With lots more buds

This message was edited Sep 18, 2013 7:59 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Debra, thank you for the seeds and the vine. I hope you get a nice blooms from BK.

Jackie, those are big and gorgeous blooms, most unusual star plant, neat buds.

Thanks Helena. I am amazed that my carrion flower has budded out again. The
most blooms it has ever made.

Thumbnail by patootie

beautiful! all of them. heck, i keep finding half brown seed pods with lil maggot type worms in my seed pods *whine* gee, looking back I see I did grow soe nice blooms this year, just not in quantity like I normally do, except the dang little orange noah it is everywhere.. anyhoo, Helena, you can have my carrion plant. My sister kept it alive somehow, I killed the one I split it off of.. very little water i think> ask Jackie .. I will send it to you.. Do you guys remember about three years ago when Emma was on a lot and I asked her to ID this plant? Well, it grows and grows, roots in the air, never blooms, the leaves look like a lil yellow hedercera but the leaves are huge, and here is what came out of the cutting pot this summer..I think it would be a batata of some sort at this rate..here are the leaves, the vine is thick and snaky, grows everywhere all over the place..anyway, it is making taters.. think I am gonna trash it..these are just two or three cuttings I made in the early spring from the momma plant.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

I bet I picked three hunnerd orange noah seeds so far.. *sigh* BK from Helena
i am thinking this seed came from Dany..( picotee) , and this came from Jackie .
have no clue where the last one came from, hoping one of you will pipe up and holler I SENT IT..
bet the spotted ones out front where the picotee is now came from Dany, too..

I have to show you this little tree, Prita sent it to me about three years ago.. I think it makes a good bonsai, it was just a little twig back then..and the firespike I have had for three years finally bloomed, and the clerodendrum speciosa from a Florida friend is blooming.. and lets see, oh, here is a favorite moonvine .. lots of seed pods on this one.. hope the worms don't get them..

I love your blooms Debra. Your 3rd pic of mg blooms is shaped like a cute little Kikyo
Not sure about your other mg blooms but all are very pretty.,
Love your 1st plant on the 2nd row. Calliandra I think. One of my favorites.
I Like all your other blooms too, including the lovely moon flower.

Goodness. I hope you got some sleep. Love waking up to all these beautiful blooms.

Jackie I am sure I have gray fog here.. it is gray silvery blue? anyway, I know I planted it and have seen a bloom like yours it is so special.. Wish I could get true color on all my shots, they don't turn out alot like they look.

How long have you had your carrion flower?

Gautier, MS

Pretty blue bloom Jackie. I like the light color.

Debra, I love all your pretty blooms. Love those tropical plants too, calliandra, clerodendrum and firespike are great hummer plants. But you don't have to send me the carrion plant. I'm not good at growing cactus type plants, I will probably kill it too. I almost lost some of my tropical bc I too long to water them.
We had a little bit of rain but not really enough.

Surprise to find this pretty bloom today from Dany's # 4. The bloom is actually darker than it shows.

This message was edited Sep 19, 2013 8:42 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Debra and Helena.
Beautiful blue bloom Helena.
Debra, I've had the carrion plant for at least 8 to 10 yrs. I bought it, heavy giant pot and
all, from a local flea market. It might be if I transferred it to a plastic pot, it wouldn't be so prone to rot. I have a bad place on it now where the constant rain a month ago rotted one stem.
I only give it one or two drinks all winter in the greenhouse.
Gray Fog is a beauty. The one I'm growing this yr doesn't look like the ones I've grown in the past. They had lovely variegated lvs.

Unknown, trying to hide that I'm holding the bloom open. a 5 inch bloom
Lite blue TD beautiful all summer. I hope my potting mix didn;t alter the color of this bloom. Possibly a cross I suppose.
Pres Bush
Begonia Juanita Jewell
Plum Purple Velvet aka PPV

Helena, is it a little more purple? If so, I am in love with it LOL. Oh gosh, so beautiful, Jackie.. lookie here is your unknown this one? oh no i see a star in yours, wonder if it a cross..off to work again ( these blooms were from last year..)

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.