Seed Purge Fall 2013

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Did some collecting this morning...
Cleome h. Pink 2 packs
Scabiosa ochroleuca (yellow) 24-30"
6 Ratibida columnifera (yellow Mexican Hat)
4 Physostegia virginiana Alba
7 Centaurea machrocephala
Centaurea phygria purple
3 Conssolida (Larkspur) mix of lt. purple, blue, white
1 Echinacea purpurea White Swan
9 Echinacea purourea (pointed petals), pink, will have the regular rounded petals too if wanted

This message was edited Sep 23, 2013 6:34 PM

Jamestown, OH

Could I please have Centaurea machrocephala? I tried to start some of it this spring that I rec'd in a trade, but it didn't germinate.

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Midwestfarmwife, I received your seeds Saturday...pretty much everyone will be happy, lol!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Could I have some Conssolida (Larkspur), please? :)

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Made up packets on those above, packets available listed first.... And both requests have been noted and put aside with names on them...

I can make more packets of most of those listed above if needed, just let me know.... Will be going back out in a day or two to find some more goodies, Got .70 of early am rain so things need to dry again... Then I will also be picking other things not listed. I noticed that I have 3 or 4 shades of lt. pink - deep red Hollyhocks, is anyone interested? Will see about some Gypsophila repens pink (4-8") and paniculata (36-48"). Let me know if there's any intrest in any of these. Will also see if Limonium latifolium is ready.

I also have Epilobium angustifolium (Fireweed) and Eupatorium joicus,(white, varigated leaf Joe Pye Weed), these are both from last summer tho as this years won't be ready in time.

Heidi...do the gals from the other sites list what they have available there or here? Will be putting in a packet of the Rudbeckias for you also. Kathy

Pix
1)Verbascum phoenicium (will have a mix of pinks and purples or straight white), 18-24", spring-e.summer
2) Centaurea phygria, 36", all summer til frost
3) Ratibida coulnifera yellow

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

There are wishlists on Gardenweb & Idig...mostly are for veggies, though. You can browse those sites without signing up.

Your flowers are gorgeous!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Kids, looks like I am going to bow out of the seed purge. Feeling overwhelmed the way it is (Oscar fish died this morning after months of trying to make it right) and I don't have much seed ready anyway.

I will still send the promised confederate rose for toy.

Thanks.
xox

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Quote from AmandaEsq :
Kids, looks like I am going to bow out of the seed purge. Feeling overwhelmed the way it is (Oscar fish died this morning after months of trying to make it right) and I don't have much seed ready anyway.

I will still send the promised confederate rose for toy.

Thanks.
xox

Awwww I am so sorry to hear about the Oscar. You worked so hard for him. At least he was well-loved.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Quote from warriorswisdomkathy :
Made up packets on those above, packets available listed first.... And both requests have been noted and put aside with names on them...

I can make more packets of most of those listed above if needed, just let me know.... Will be going back out in a day or two to find some more goodies, Got .70 of early am rain so things need to dry again... Then I will also be picking other things not listed. I noticed that I have 3 or 4 shades of lt. pink - deep red Hollyhocks, is anyone interested? Will see about some Gypsophila repens pink (4-8") and paniculata (36-48"). Let me know if there's any intrest in any of these. Will also see if Limonium latifolium is ready.

I also have Epilobium angustifolium (Fireweed) and Eupatorium joicus,(white, varigated leaf Joe Pye Weed), these are both from last summer tho as this years won't be ready in time.

Heidi...do the gals from the other sites list what they have available there or here? Will be putting in a packet of the Rudbeckias for you also. Kathy

Pix
1)Verbascum phoenicium (will have a mix of pinks and purples or straight white), 18-24", spring-e.summer
2) Centaurea phygria, 36", all summer til frost
3) Ratibida coulnifera yellow

You have such pretty stuff! If there is enough, could I have some Verbascum phoenicium? I do not want to take it unless there is more for others, since I have already requested so many things. Thank you for everything. :)

Jamestown, OH

warriorswisdomkathy, I would love to try your White Variegated Joe Pye Weed. Love your flower pictures...your gardens must be picture perfect!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

LOL....not so much this time of year!!!! Weeds are making it look more like a mess at the moment...after I weed I'll get pix of what's in bloom now.

Carolina...not a problem...you can have whatever you'ld like and am happy to share the seed!!!! Most of everything went to seed this year as I didn't deadhead...and anyway the seed will just end up in the compost pile if not collected now..

Midwest....your packet is made... Kathy

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

So sorry Amanda! Hopefully you can join us next time 'round :)

Jamestown, OH

Hope it's O.K. to mention the Fresh Seed Swap on Garden Web...deadline Nov. 8. I think only 5 people have signed up so far.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

LOL....not so much this time of year!!!! Weeds are making it look more like a mess at the moment...after I weed I'll get pix of what's in bloom now.

Carolina...not a problem...you can have whatever you'ld like and am happy to share the seed!!!! Most of everything went to seed this year as I didn't deadhead...and anyway the seed will just end up in the compost pile if not collected now..

Midwest....your packet is made... Kathy

Thanks! Things are pretty rough around here right now, and gardening is one of the few things that cheers me up/keeps me from going insane. I have done very little this week, and I can tell a difference. I look forward to more flowers and having different seeds next year. :);)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Dawn you will have to get John to lay down some new flower beds out farther in full Sun! Or cut down those weed trees in the back yard for more light.

Hope Lizzie is doing better. If my car ever becomes roadworthy again I'll come out and stand on my head again to make you laugh. xox

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Some more goodies:
4 Helianthus h. 'Lemon Queen'
5 Monarda fistulosa, lavender, 2-5', mine is 3'

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Quote from AmandaEsq :
Dawn you will have to get John to lay down some new flower beds out farther in full Sun! Or cut down those weed trees in the back yard for more light.

Hope Lizzie is doing better. If my car ever becomes roadworthy again I'll come out and stand on my head again to make you laugh. xox

Lizzie (my dog) is better, thanks...thank goodness. Awwww That would definitely make me laugh. Lol I am sorry about the car. :(

I so want to get rid of some of those backyard trees! We do plan on having him put more boxes in the front, eventually. I am excited about having more perennials next year. :):)

This message was edited Sep 26, 2013 10:05 PM

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

I can't seem to catch time to do much packaging or anything else this fall but I'm scrambling to send in a package after this weekend. I don't have time to list everything, but I thought I would ask if anyone is interested in Daylily crosses? They don't quite fit the criteria, but both parents are indicated. Also, there may be only 6-8 seeds of particular crosses, which would be skating thinly on the requirement. Given that, if anyone wants some I will list a few tomorrow so that interested parties can select from among them.

Alana

This message was edited Sep 29, 2013 6:37 PM

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

I would like some daylily crosses.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I have collected seed for Conoclinium greggii which far surpasses C. colestinium in bloom duration and as an amazing ground cover.

http://www.wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_plant=COGR10

Let me know if anyone's interested and I can send that along with whatever else I may have offered. I guess I'm back in. :P

Jamestown, OH

I would like any daylily seeds...started some Blackberry Lily and Ode To Faith crosses this spring which germinated really well.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

I have some orange color lillie seeds I just picked, does somebody grows them from seed. it got abot 4 feet tall, Etelka

Thumbnail by kiseta

Tonight when I get home I will list some specific crosses to choose from. Most are in the pink/purple/deep red range.

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Does everyone have my address? If not, holler!

No seeds arrived today...but I did sort through some that arrived yesterday, and there are some great tropical/warmer zone plants and vines.

Anyone want any kiwi? It wasn't reserved for anyone...but it seems like something that's kinda rare to find in a swap...and I'd love it to go to someone who will use it. It's zone 8 & warmer, and it's a vine.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Heidi,
I'd be interested! But you need a male and a female so I'll need a few so the chances are better. I signed up for the swap on Gardenweb as Domehome.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Some more goodies:
4 Helianthus h. 'Lemon Queen'
5 Monarda fistulosa, lavender, 2-5', mine is 3'

Could I have some Lemon Queen, please? I wonder if this is what I see on the side of the road. It looks beautiful.

Here are the extra 2013 daylily crosses I have to offer:
Work With Me Annie x Wind Frills 8 seeds
Work With Me Annie x Peacock Maiden 10 seeds
Work With Me Annie x Mae Graham 12 seeds
Francois Verhaert x Women Seeking Men 6 seeds
Exotic Treasure x Victorian Lace 8 seeds
Women Seeking Men x Truly Angelic 10 seeds
Wineberry Candy x Joan Derifield 8 seeds
Wineberry Candy x Truly Angelic 7 seeds
Truly Angelic x Joan Derifield 10 seeds
Truly Angelic x Women Seeking Men 6 seeds
Truly Angelic x Francois Verhaert 8 seeds
Truly Angelic x (Strutter's Ball x Wild Horses) 8 seeds
I will send the ones requested only as I can't meet the minimum seed requirements for most of these.

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Truly Angelic x Women Seeking Men please!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Poisondart...could you pick out some pretty ones for me? (and several packets if there are no other requests...I would love some and these are in the color range I'm looking for...thanks

Kiseta..would love some lilies too, thanks

Carolina your name is on a packet!! I'm quite sure they grow wild somewhere, not sure where though.. These are a light lemon yellow. I've had two plants at my daughter's house for 5 years, no reseeding. I planted 3 in my garden last fall and I have several new plants 10ft away, not sure if I set down a stem that was deadheaded or what? lol...but then again I love'm cuz they are a nice soft yellow and tall. Will try to get a pix this weekend.

Jamestown, OH

Just noticed something blooming in the vegetable garden fencerow. Whatever it is, the bees are going crazy over it! It must be some type of wildflower or native that I'm not familiar with, sort of shrubby, abundant small whitish flowers with purplish centers, about 3' tall. It's driving me crazy that I can't identify it! I'll gather seeds, but don't know if it will spread and take over a flowerbed or not. Going out tomorrow for a better look and pictures.

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Quote from Domehomedee :
Heidi,
I'd be interested! But you need a male and a female so I'll need a few so the chances are better. I signed up for the swap on Gardenweb as Domehome.

Sure thing!

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Quote from midwestfarmwife :
Just noticed something blooming in the vegetable garden fencerow. Whatever it is, the bees are going crazy over it! It must be some type of wildflower or native that I'm not familiar with, sort of shrubby, abundant small whitish flowers with purplish centers, about 3' tall. It's driving me crazy that I can't identify it! I'll gather seeds, but don't know if it will spread and take over a flowerbed or not. Going out tomorrow for a better look and pictures.

Sounds pretty! Maybe a bird dropped a seed?

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Does anyone want red salvia coccinea? I do not have enough to share as regular packs, but I can put some in for a few people as bonus packs, by request.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Poisondart...could you pick out some pretty ones for me? (and several packets if there are no other requests...I would love some and these are in the color range I'm looking for...thanks

Kiseta..would love some lilies too, thanks

Carolina your name is on a packet!! I'm quite sure they grow wild somewhere, not sure where though.. These are a light lemon yellow. I've had two plants at my daughter's house for 5 years, no reseeding. I planted 3 in my garden last fall and I have several new plants 10ft away, not sure if I set down a stem that was deadheaded or what? lol...but then again I love'm cuz they are a nice soft yellow and tall. Will try to get a pix this weekend.

Thanks! I wonder now if what I think are black-eye susans growing wild may, sometimes, be this. Sounds like these guys are not aggressive resseders (good for me!), though. Either way, I am very excited. :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Kathy? Is the 'Lemon Queen' a perennial? I'm familiar with an annual variety of the same name.

Dawn, most of our local wild sunflowers are the Jerusalem artichoke (Helianthus tuberosus) and Maximillian sunflower (H. maximiliani).

A.

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone's day has gone smoothly. I sorted through seeds that were already sent in last night...great stuff! I'm sure everyone will be happy. I also realized that the Christmas swap I'm running on the idig forum (which usually has at least 20 participants) has two this year and sign-ups end Tuesday. Great, lol!

I put my seeds in the drop box at the PO today.
Thanks, Alana

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I know these are common flowers, but in case: Does anyone want yellow marigolds (lemon drop or petite)?

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

I'll keep an eye out, Alana.

I'm hopping off line for a few days..cluster headaches hit earlier :/

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Heidi, I hope they dissipate soon! I hate headaches. :(

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.