Morning Glories 2013 #08

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

joeswife, thanks-(but I don't even know what rebbecca is!) I had 6 different names that people had nent me, and each is in a seperate pot at the bottom of my bird feeder- I'm sure that was not one of the names-?

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

I can't wait to see this bloom in the morning or soon thereafter. From hairy sd that could be the one I also call indica; soft thorns, hairy lvs and stems, aka blue Dawn flower. Ron calls this something else but theres no way I can remember what that is, too much stress.
Pretty split petal purp

Unknown in 8 oz cup

Mutant, the hummers or bunble bees have torn it up this morning.

Pale China Doll

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Those are beautiful! Love that blue one with the white!

Thanks Linda K.

(Zone 7a)

Jackie - #1 looks like Ipomoea setosa, aka I. horrida - http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/106134/

szarvas, Hungary

Very bad year! .... night fresh and hot day .... MG don't like it!

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12

Karen, thanks. My bud is an identical match to the plantfiles pic of setosa.
Whatever I had 'blooming in the other tub was apparently not setosa.

szarvas, Hungary

No good flowers .... So no inspiration ... 'blank page'effect!

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12
(Zone 7a)

JoParrot - regarding your post http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=9631490 , in which Debra admired #1 as Rebecca, here's the PlantFiles page for Ipomoea purpurea 'Rebecca' - http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/105293/ . I think the first two images by QueenB are most representative of Rebecca, which seems to have two color phases. Y'all, correct me if I'm not 'splaining this right.

For any newbies, to find the PlantFiles search page -
Click on Guides & Information tab at the top of any DG webpage;
Then click on PlantFiles (both go to the same place);
Then click on the green box, "Click here to search for plants"
You are now at the PF search page.

Karen

(Zone 7a)

Dany - WOW! As a poetNOT, I think your morning glories are very lovely - any 19th century Samurai would have loved to have these flowering in his garden :) Van Gogh could have painted whole night skies out of your blues.

So, it's the 21st century and we call these "no good"? Au contraire, my fellow MG lover - these are beauties :)

(Zone 7a)

You're welcome, Jackie

Lovely blooms Dany. Gorgeous pin wheel bloom

This message was edited Aug 18, 2013 12:50 AM

Gautier, MS

Love all your blooms Jackie and Dany. All very beautiful.

I have 2 from yesterday in gh. It's been raining non stop here since yesterday. I'm afraid I'm going to loose the mg's that are outside.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

Show 'n tell time! My Hibiscus has 8 open blooms today!

Thumbnail by JoParrott Thumbnail by JoParrott

Thanks Helena. Very pretty blooms you've got going there
Nice blooms Jo.

I have lots of blooms today

In the large tub out back another Purple Tie Dye
My first Pink Youjiro aka Rosita bloom in years, hoping for lots of seeds
PPV
Enjoying the purps more than ever

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

A few more
For sure this one came out of mis named seeds, Marked as PPV, pretty sure its a no Mai
Ronnies beautiful split petal. The only dff that I can see in this and PPV, 3rd bloom above, is PPV has varieg lvs and Split Petal doesn't.
Out of Fuji no Sora cross. so happy to have this blooming, hand pollinating when I can remember.
Dany's Q269
Pink Silk

This message was edited Aug 18, 2013 3:44 PM

Lovely blooms everyone!

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jo and Jackie. Really nice show. I really enjoy seeing the blooms and that all your leaves are nice and healthy. My vines are stunted and the leaves don't look good at all. I rescued my vines from the rain into the gh and it looks like maybe it'll stop raining.

No Mai blooming in gh, but I had to rinse the dirt off.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

My leaves are horribly covered in rust, worst year ever for me in that area. Still getting some nice blooms, but disappointed in some eBay purchases not being what they are suppose to be.

These are all from Dany!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
(Zone 7a)

Ronnie - The rust has just begun here - one leaf on Kanoko - no flowers on any of them yet, except for a strangely mutated Ipomoea hederacea which looks sort of milky mauve-pink, instead of blue like the common parent species. However, the parent of this one had a narrow, spidery star along its 5 primary folds of a contrasting blue.

Helen & Debra - sorry to hear about all this rain making your mgs too soggy. Some of mine are in the ground and others in pots, but maybe because they are all on sloping ground, they don't seem to be overly watered. Instead, we're getting overly chomped by critters grrr.

Dany, I had lost your seeds when I sowed this summer's morning glories, but found them a couple of weeks ago and plan to grow some indoors later this fall and winter. Ronnie's are so inspiring.

Helen, Jackie & Jo - what a show y'all are making - beautiful

Lovely No Mai Helena. '
Ronnie, I hardly ever get rust but this yr my pandy is covered.
Beautiful blooms from Danys sds. Love the purp

Norfolk, VA

Oops! posted at wrong thread, Jackie! I'm glad you're enjoying the flowers produced from the seed I gave you. I remember now not to post on out-dated threads, hopefully I don't forget next time.

Nice blooms, everyone else.

Dark purp

Lite blue tie dye, 2 vines of this both with lite blue blooms

PPV I like this one better than no Mai

Ripped off a piece of my Basella, substitute spinach, in the g house. Rooted in about
a week in a cup of water.

Clitoria ternatea

Mesilla Park, NM

Beautiful flowers Dany and everyone . I don't take photos daily but here are a few from this morning.

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

everyone has gorgeous blooms and pretty shapes and lots of intresting features. Been missing mine as I have been sick or at work, bleah.. cold weather is coming I can tell. boo hoo..

found my orihieme had bloomed and melted, as did a kikyo and a weird tri colored stripe one.. orange noah and the lil yellow one are feeding the hummers, my moon flowers are a blooming.. that is all from here right now..

Sorry to hear your not feeling well. Get better soon.

Beautiful speckled blooms A.

Hope you get to feeling better Debra. I dread the cold too but hoping for warm temps
thru Oct. I still have baby mg's, started way too many this yr.

Thumbnail by patootie
(Zone 7a)

Debra - glad to hear one of us is growing moonflowers - hope you are taking care of yourself

Jackie - very nice about rooting the Basella in water - I seem to recall hearing that that's possible with a leaf of lemon grass too, as long as the base of the leaf is included

very pretty flowers, everyone

szarvas, Hungary

A beautiful light grey ! .... pearly grey.
Comparison with other grey flowers.

szarvas, Hungary

Other beauty :
4 - 5 with grey/blue splashes .

This message was edited Aug 20, 2013 5:41 AM

szarvas, Hungary

Ipomoea indica ' TOKIKO KATO ' make seeds .
I've never had seeds from the wild form of Ipomoea indica .... the Blue one!
I made the crossing Ip.indica' TOKIKO KATO ' and wild Ip.indica .... we'll see if there is a result! !
1 - 2 wild Ip. indica.
3 - 4 Ip.indica' TOKIKO KATO ' .

Dany, those are all beautiful! Good luck growing them out next year!

Mesilla Park, NM

I hope you get lots of seeds Dany.. Beautiful indica flowers.

Mesilla Park, NM

Jackie, what is that pink flower, carnea?

Karen, I've rooted elephant ears, gingers etc in cups of water. Night blooming orchid cactus's too. I'm sure I've rooted even stranger things in water.
Gorgeous blooms Dany.,
A, that is carnea. I hope it makes seeds this yr. However it too roots in a cup of water.

setosa closing b4 I wake up.
Carnea in the sun this morning
No sora cross
Fuji Shibori
Love the color on this one

Nice blooms Jackie! Pretty colors!

Thanks Linda.
A dark Aogakiyama x Choc Silk in tub out back

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie and Dany and A.! I'm really enjoy the show.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

me too!

finally some blooms

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.